3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Team Snow Leopard! Chat Thread:

Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I woke up wonderfully this morning. Except for the fact that I planned to workout and my really comfy bed was making motivation difficult. But I finally got myself up and I checked my email, one of my classes was canceled today which means I don't have to leave for class till 3pm! This is a happy Monday now!!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 221/ticker/150

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hi!

My name is Becky. I am 26 and have 3 boys (6,3,1). I work part-time and go to school full-time. I am a PSU student, so things have been really tough lately. I am in a really great relationship...or was. We just had a pretty major fight yesterday and he isn't talking to me.

Anyway, I am currently on WW. I have been OP since 10/24 and as of today have lost 10 lbs. I am no longer obese, just overweight. Yay! I broke my leg last February and haven't gotten back to exercising like I did before that, so I take walks and use my Wii Fit Plus.

aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #18

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

what a day! I think today was the most productive "work at home" day I've had in a long time - I got all my papers and exams graded, made it to the gym for 1.5hrs, did a bit of cleaning, and was even a good girlfriend and had a hot (and healthy!) dinner on the table at exactly the time my boyfriend came home. Now it's time to relax with a glass of wine (hey, I have to treat myself somehow!) and catch up on the forums. I can hear my boyfriend snoring in the other room - and the two cats are snuggled up and snurring (snore-purring) at my feet. Today's one of those days where I can just kick back and know that life is good.

Rule #1 for surviving the zombie apocalypse: You just have to run faster than the other guy!
MidnightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #19

S/C/G: 275/248/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

My name is Nicole and I am 24 years old. I work full time as an ICU/Telemetry RN and am due to graduate with my BSN in December. To add to that I am closing on my first house Friday (YAY ME!!!).

This is by no means my first attempt at weightloss. Between my eight/ninth grade year I gained about 40LBS in 3 months over summer break. I just suddenly didn't want to go outside or hang out with my friends. I mantained that weight until my senior year, then I lost about 10 LBS and went down a pants size. Then graduation came and I moved with my family away from friends and gained another 30LBS before starting college in that winter. I peaked at 220 in college and got down to 205 by graduation then blew up to 275. Somehow while I had a broken leg I dropped 30LBS over 3-4 months and started exercising.

Ever since then I keep losing and gaining the same 15 LBS. I cannot seem to get below 215. Right now I am at 237. I was on WW but became obsessed with points and weighing in everyday, even several times a day.

Now I am trying to eat heatlhy and cut out fast food (which I eat 6-7 times a week) and processed meals (the other 2 meals of the day). I can't use the "I don't know how to cook" excuse anymore. I young and my joints hurt and I get winded walking from the store to my car or carrying a basket of laundry upstairs.

I am really excited to have a group to lose weight with as my family/friends are not too supportive of my new lifestyle.

P.S. How do I make the snow leopard part of my signature? Still kinda a newbie with this stuff.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #20

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

So last night was not exactly 'on plan' lol. My boyfriend and I went out to dinner. Dinner wasn't that bad as far as calories, but then we got dessert.. lol. But I'm determined to get back on plan today!
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #21

S/C/G: 279/ticker/150

Augh... I do pretty good throughout the day and then my husband comes home with a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups. I'm so tired and sugar is so tempting. Then the baby is in her extreme screaming stage of the day so I'm bouncing and rocking and feeding her... so DH gets tired of waiting for supper and makes it himself, and then serves me up a plate. A HUGE plate. He has always tried to get me to eat, eat, eat. I don't know why! Everything we have in our house is pretty much fresh veggies, meats, etc... but he wants me to eat a lot. He keeps giving me reasons like I'm healing from surgery, or I'm breastfeeding the baby, and need lots of nutrients. But he's just hot helpful. I think he's not trying to 'sabotage' me. He just doesn't understand and he is happy with me the way I am. I've gained back so much weight since I've been with him. Ugh... I need to get this under control.

In good news I got an hour and a half long walk in yesterday and I'm planning the same today. I am a little sore still, but I have to get to the end of that route I took yesterday because there are some milk weed pods I need to collect! Attempting to make Christmas ornaments out of them since we don't have any money to buy anything and I want to decorate a Christmas tree. I remember when I was a kid we spray painted them gold and glued them together like stars. It was fun.

Walk to Mordor Challenge
128.5 miles out of 1779 completed!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #22
Social Butterfly

S/C/G: 250/246/115

Height: 5'1"

Sunday after work I worked out for an hour and a half. Yesterday I felt the pain, and today I still feel the pain in my shoulder.

Otherwise my diet is going okay. Because of my school schedule I won't be getting back in the gym until tomorrow, but carrying a 20 lbs book bag to school should be considered exercise (which might be why my shoulder is sore).

On other news I lost my wallet today, which is really upsetting. I still have hope of finding it, and thankfully the only thing in there was my id and one credit card. I'm keeping an eye on the card, but hopefully one phone call tomorrow will put me at ease.
HeathBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #23
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

yoohoo girlies!
intro- i am 26, i live in scotland, and am single mum to my 10 year old brat, i work as a care assistant in a home for the elderly, i love my job even though it's stressful. in my spare time (not that i have any) i am studying health and social care, and learning to drive. i also love reading, music and films.
i joined 3fc because i need some support thru my weightloss journey, i lost all the weight before but did not keep it off (obviously lol)
hope all is well, and we kick some butt this week!

Finding Eternity Arouses Reactions, Freeing Excellence Affects Reality
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #24

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

So it definitely just hit me earlier that I am heading home to visit family for Thanksgiving next week. Somehow in my mind I thought I had another week! I'm not worried about going off plan while there - I know I'll eat a bit different and might not get to the gym for a couple days - but I am stressing out about how much I have to get done before I leave town!

I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in about 5 years, so I'm looking forward to going. And I haven't seen my sister in almost a year, so I cannot wait for that! She's finally 21 so I'm sure we'll go out at some point.

Definitely feeling the stress of how much work I have to do between now and then, though. Managed to take out some of that stress out at the gym though, got in a solid hour+ of weight training with my boyfriend. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, but that kind of pain is always a good pain. I'll mix it up with some cardio tomorrow, either an earlier spin class, or maybe just some quality time with the elliptical.

Rule #1 for surviving the zombie apocalypse: You just have to run faster than the other guy!
MidnightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
From Lazy to Light!

I'm as high a kite right now! Yeah..... I wound up in the ER tonight due to tachycardia and stomach pains. Actually it's rather pathetic. I basically passed out for an hour at the bus stop. The pain got really bad but I was too afraid to ask for help so I just sat down against wall at one of the busiest downtown bus stops and just passed out. About an hour later, completely out of it, the transit cops start talking to me. It's kinda a blur because I was so out of it. My ambulance didn't shine the pretty lights and they needed their shocks fixed. I felt every damn pothole, it hurt. SO I get in and its take them forever to do an ekg on me bevcause my legs woudnl't stop shaking. Thy had a life of their own!!!! They gave me a shot of ativan to quiet the legs and a shot of some anti nausea med. The anti nausea med is what made me so loopy...except I still feel like I'm gonna spew. Guess I have no worries about counting the calories in the McD's cheeseburger and fries.

Well anyways...turns out I have a happythyroid...okay...its more HYPER than it is happy. Actually I think it's made at me. Damn you thyroid!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hey everyone, I have about 3 mins to write something before I head off to the gym so sorry i cant do personals right now, will try later.

I am IconisedGhost, 24, live in NZ. Its coming up to summer now but because of a very stressful year and what feels like a really long winter, I have regained a fair amount of weight. Well, at least 5kg, so some will say not that much, but I can still feel it you know? At the moment I'm struggling with comfort eating, time to plan, energy to stay on plan, and so on. I've started making a plan for next weeks eating so hopefully that will help. I get a bit bored with my food sometimes, so if anyone has awesome breakfast and dinner and snack ideas let me know! I've been struggling to get to the gym because I am completely exhausted after work and getting up at 5am is just not going to happen. And I also have something going on with my ankle which is painful. So this week I am focusing on food and early nights, getting some kind of routine back around these things so my stress and tiredness is reduced, and then i can see about getting back into the gym. I managed to get to bed earlier yesterday (yay!) but spent at least an hr trying to get to sleep and then kept waking up ( ).

So I probably wont be a great credit to the team, at least not straight away, in fact I may have gained weight this week, but I feel like the support will help and hopefully I can get back onto it. I know the eating and exercise will improve the stress and vice versa, but getting started is so hard

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #27
From Lazy to Light!

So if the next couple of days follow like tonight I'll probably have a big weight drop to report. Right now I can't keep any food down. I think my body hates me!!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #28

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Two days in a row on plan! I'm so sick of being stuck in the high 180s! No more 'cheat' days for me! I'd love to be 185 by Thanksgiving!!!
I've started using protein powder mixed with water/milk with breakfast or lunch, and its reeeally helped me feel less hungry. Hope you all are doing well this week! I'm looking forward to the weigh in on Saturday!
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #29

Starting Weight: 280
Minigoal #1- 260

Last edited by girlonfire : 02-14-2013 at 04:54 AM.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #30

S/C/G: 279/ticker/150

Weeell... not sure how well I did this week. Haven't weighed since last Saturday so we'll see tomorrow morning.

I didn't get out walking as much as I wanted to because I'm just nervous about taking my infant outside in the cold... everytime I go though I bundle her up so much and she sleeps, and she always feels toasty warm when we get back in and I take the snowsuit off. But I'm still worried about it. Irrational fear I guess.

I also didn't eat as well as I wanted to. Some days and some meals were fine, but breastfeeding makes me so hungry and I haven't figured out what to do about that yet. I'm trying to eat more protein because it fills me up much longer it seems, and also drink a lot of water. Also eating a bowl of oatmeal for a meal each day because it is supposed to help with milk production, plus it is healthy. Trying to cut back on the sugar I put on it though... it just tastes so slimy without it.

I'm giving myself permission to try my Zumba DVD today. The Dr said no exercise except walking until 4-6 weeks and I'm 4 weeks postpartum now, and feel pretty much 100% except for when the baby kicks me in the incision when I'm feeding her. I'll hold off on ab exercises for a couple more weeks at least because I don't think I'm ready there, but I think I can manage to Zumba and just lower the intensity that I would usually like to do it at.

Sooooo I hope I didn't gain any weight. I don't think I was naughty enough to gain, but I might not have lost any.

In good news, my wedding rings fit again! I was so swollen still even up to last week I guess that I couldn't get them on. I thought I'd gained to much weight for them to fit but now I think it was just swelling because they magically fit once more. Yay!

---

HealthBar- If you're going to be carrying a heavy backpack often get yourself one with waist and chest straps! That saved my butt in college... plus it was also great for hiking!

LovelyLeah- Egh! Sounds like an experience! Sorry you had to pass out at a bus stop. They don't even have anything comfortable to pass out on at those places!

Iconised- You are lucky you are coming up on summer. And I wish I lived in NZ! DH and I would like to transplant there someday even though I doubt it would ever happen! Childhood dream I guess... Dad always talked about going there when we were kids because he was a trophy fisherman and apparently the fishing is good. Have you ever been fishing? IS the fishing good?

I like that so many people in this group are caregivers for elderly/people with disabilities. I'm not working right now but that's my job background and I loved it... eventually I want to go into occupational therapy for adults/kids with disabilities.

Walk to Mordor Challenge
128.5 miles out of 1779 completed!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.