3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   Team Arctic Fox! Chat Thread: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/246934-team-arctic-fox-chat-thread.html)

Lambiechop 12-01-2011 11:51 PM

Divine- It's too cute!!!

I did it!! 50 lbs gone at this morning's weigh in. Now on to Onederland. To celebrate I bought myself a pair of thigh high boots, three dresses, and a belt.

I'm sorry I'm not so good at personals. Everyone is doing great though!!!

mhill0823 12-02-2011 01:26 AM

So proud of you!! 50 pounds is Amazing!!!!!!:)

DivineFidelity 12-02-2011 02:31 AM

lambiechop- i'm on my phone so forgive any mistakes. It's okay that you don't do personals much...as long as if you see a team member who really needs support, you do your best to try and give it. From what i've seen, you do...so it's all good!

mhill- It's not that cute in person, but thank you. I had actually never used a sewing machine before so the stitches and pocket are all crooked. I was going to sew it all by hand with yarn to give it a more hand crafted look, but the felt was REALLY thick and even after just sewing on the flower on the front and the rubber band on the back, my fingers hurt....so I used my mom's machine. I just made it with stuff laying around the house, so it's not exactly what I wanted....and I plan on buying the exact fabrics I want and making a new one once I have the money. If you really are interested in a hand crafted case though, check on etsy.com because I saw tons there for $15 to $30 that were SUPER cute and way better made then mine. That's where I got my inspiration. =)

well. My friend is okay. She had a lot of internal bleeding which they fixed, and she had been stabbed in the spleen with a large shard of glass from the windshield, so her spleen was removed. ii don't even know what a spleen does. Lol. Anyways, she's still in bad shape, but she's awake and they say she'll recover. It's amazing to me what the human body can recover from. I mean, just think of what we have done to our bodies by being overweight...and how we CAN change it. We're not destined to live this way forever. If I got into a car accident today and passed away, I would not be happy....because I would have never known what it was to live a healthy lifestyle. Not truly. I think I am just beginning to realize how much I really am damaging myself with those things I eat. I don't want my life to end like this I need to do this for me, so that for once in my life I can be healthy AND happy, not one or the other. I think i'm just starting to realize it IS possible to have both.

anyways, i'm going to try and sleep more. I keep waking up coughing and I feel awful (i have slept about 10 hours in the past 4 nights so far, which doesn't help. I try and sleep...i just can't)....so yeah. Back to sleep.

DivineFidelity 12-02-2011 07:10 PM

Well, another week is almost over! How do you ladies think you did? I'm hoping for a really good weigh in tomorrow morning! I just finished my 100 crunches and I'm REALLY feeling it in my abs. I think that my abs are the muscles I work out the least, so this was a really good challenge for me. I might try and keep doing 100 crunches a week just so that I can build up strength there. I've found that my favorite way to do them is on my stability ball. I feel like I get a fuller range of motion, and I have more support on my back.

I've noticed we've definitely become a little less chatty then we were when we started out. I get it, everyone is busy, but some team members I don't think we've heard from in a whole two weeks. I'm really hoping that everyone is still on track and that they've just been too busy to post. Just know that I'm thinking about each and every one of you and sending you all the support and best wishes that I can!

I had a good day today for food. I haven't eaten dinner yet, but I think maybe I'll just eat soup because I'm not very hungry. I had better be under 250 on the scale tomorrow. I was this morning....but I'm worried it was just a fluke. I'll change my ticker tomorrow to match whatever my WI says, and I'll call it official. lol. I really need to get back into smaller clothes. I have so many cute winter outfits laying around that are like one or two sizes too small. I think last winter I was about 200 pounds. I know I can't lose 50 pounds before winter is over, but I might be able to get back into SOME of the stuff. I hope...lol.

Well, it's time to go get ready and then pick up my boyfriend from work. Then we're going to barnes and noble to get my NOOK TABLET! Omg I'm so freaking excited. I've been thinking about it all day. It's silly to be this excited about it, but I am. Tomorrow I'm going out with some friends, but we're just going bowling. I've never enjoyed bowling alley food, so that shouldn't be a temptation, and we're going to bowl at least 3 games so it will be a good workout. It's sad that I think bowling is a workout....from the time I was 5 years old until I graduated high school I bowled in a league every saturday morning at 10am....we bowled 3 games a week. I bowled in tournaments and won over $30,000 in college scholarships (which is all used up by now...lol), and I wasn't too bad. My average was around 190 or 200 and my high game was 267. Now I go bowling and my legs and arms are sore for days. Its sad that it used to be so easy for me and now it actually does feel like a workout. I think bowling is the only reason I never got over 300 pounds. lol

Anyways, I have to go. Hope you all had a great Friday!

mhill0823 12-02-2011 11:32 PM

Devine - I'm sure you will be under 250 in the morning!!! I'm excited for you!!!

Today was my towns Lighting of the Christmas tree, it was so fun! All the shops stayed open late, there was live music, dances by different childrens programs and finally Santa arrived and we lit the towns Huge Christmas Tree!!! The Christmas Parade is next weekend! I've only been living in this town for about 3 months now and I'm loving all the fun things going on!!
So anyways, here's how I spend the whole 2 hours of the show...
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...h3w/MyKori.jpg
... I love it!!! This is my sweet little might as well be child! Lol
I have been around since this baby girl was conceived and she's a Huge part of my life, the best part about living in my new town, she now loves 4 miles up the road from me!!!

So I'm happy!
I didn't get into the gym today because I did this right after work and now I'm having movie night with my love... but toting her around all night like this was my exercise lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Happy almost weigh in day! I was down today, hope it stays off tommorrow!

Lambiechop 12-03-2011 12:02 AM

Divine- That's cool you were a bowler. I enjoy it but I suck big time! Glad your friend seems to be recovering well. Who needs a spleen anyways, lol. (I'm pretty sure it's useful for something though unlike an appendix)

Mhill- you look so happy in the pic and the tree lighting sounds like a lot of fun.

I took my daughter for her first mani-pedi today and I got a full set done. They're polka dot acrylics and I LOVE them. My Christmas tree also arrived today and the kids and I decorated it. Cuddling on the couch with them now eating fresh baked cookies (them, not me) and watching Elf.

mhill0823 12-03-2011 12:24 AM

Lambie - Elf is a Great movie!:) I Love going to get mani-pedi's done... I'm glad you had a good time, I haven't had mine done in forever because I'm trying to stick to my budget lol

Riestrella 12-03-2011 05:26 AM

I still can't believe it's Christmas time. I suppose it's because my Mum hasn't decorated the house yet. She's Christmas mad, so every room there's a hint of Christmas! Maybe I'll use the spares and put something in my room hehe.

You look really cute in that pic mhill! You have an amazing smile =).

I had a moment of weakness last night. I was on my own and I really didn't feel like left over spaghetti from the other night...so I ordered a takeaway ;_;. I got Chinese, and it was gooood. BUT! I think karma was seriously trying to punish me for it, because I ordered it online because I had no cash on me and the website I used froze a couple of times and then it worked. When I checked my bank account my current balance was a bit low so out of curiosity I took off what I paid for the food 3 times and sure enough it matched up. So I got charged 3 times! Talk about karma. Gotta sort out a refund today!

DivineFidelity 12-03-2011 08:27 AM

I am under 250!!! I am 249.2 to be exact. I kind of forgot to eat dinner last night (so busy playing with my new nook which i am posting from right now)....but ehh. I will definitely take it.

mhill that little girl is so cute. I bet you had a blast! I love little kids. The best part of my job is being around kids all day. Lol

lambiechop i have never had a mani pedi before...maybe that should be one of my rewards for reaching a minigoal. I have been thinking alot aboutbsetting some minigoals, it was actually Riestrella's suggestion, and i think that would be a good yet affordable reward.

Riestrella dont feel too bad about the chinese food. It may have a lot of sodium, but as long as you controlled your portion sizes its not THAT bad for you. Thats my problem with chinese food....portion sizes. Ibjust cant make myself stop i love it so much...and i eat like 6 or 7 portions without even blinking.

EVERYONE! DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR WEIGH INS TODAY!!! :)

Riestrella 12-03-2011 08:39 AM

Divine - CONGRATS! Look at your ticker go! Thought more about any goals? See, the thing is I COULD have saved it for today but I didn't...so technically I ate 2 portions >_>. But in my defence I did leave a bit and threw it out (didn't want my Mum knowing I threw out her spaghetti! I feel like a naughty teen!). Going to work out twice as hard with Insanity today!

mhill0823 12-03-2011 11:07 PM

So today was a pretty great success, went grocery shopping with the roommate when we both got off work, super healthy options for the most part with, admittedly, a few cheats in there...
Little brief on me, I've been with my company for a year and a half now, but I got a promotion about 3 months ago(tomorrow actually) and up until I started the new position I had lost 50 pounds total... now you see where I am thanks to the added hours and stress.... but Anyways... Today it all paid off in my mind... I worked with a customer for a little over an hour getting things set up and helping her out... when she got ready to leave she made it a point to tell me that she thinks I am really good at what I do and that she was thankful that I was who she got to work with. I seriously almost cried I was so happy to hear those words. She has no idea how much she just made my day!
Thankfully my boss was standing within earshot and ended up giving me another pat on the back after she left..
It's those moments that make the last 3 months of stress and overwhelming emotional days of learning new stuff so completely worth it..
Just had to share!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 4127043)
You look really cute in that pic mhill! You have an amazing smile =).

I had a moment of weakness last night. I was on my own and I really didn't feel like left over spaghetti from the other night...so I ordered a takeaway ;_;. I got Chinese, and it was gooood. BUT! I think karma was seriously trying to punish me for it, because I ordered it online because I had no cash on me and the website I used froze a couple of times and then it worked. When I checked my bank account my current balance was a bit low so out of curiosity I took off what I paid for the food 3 times and sure enough it matched up. So I got charged 3 times! Talk about karma. Gotta sort out a refund today!

Thank you! You're so sweet!:)
Chinese food is one of my biggest weaknesses and I have decided if I tell myself no that I will just binge and make it worse, so when I go I try so hard to use portion control and eat REALLLLLY slow lol... and as far as being charged 3 times, I'm seeing some more chinese in your future!!! lol I hate when I have card problems at some places, it can get stresseful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineFidelity (Post 4127138)
I am under 250!!! I am 249.2 to be exact. I kind of forgot to eat dinner last night (so busy playing with my new nook which i am posting from right now)....but ehh. I will definitely take it.

mhill that little girl is so cute. I bet you had a blast! I love little kids. The best part of my job is being around kids all day. Lol

Congrats on being under 250!!! That is sooo exciting! You're just movin' right along!!:carrot: I hope you're loving your nook, ereaders are the greatest thing!!
I envy your job, I love kids so much!! If I spent all done with a bunch of her running around I would have a blast lol... that little girl is my little princess, not sure what I would do without her and her mom(my best friend)...

DivineFidelity 12-04-2011 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I think I found an inspirational picture that will help me to lose weight. In this picture I was about 60 pounds lighter then I am now....so I wasn't at my goal weight, but I was a lot closer. I also absolutely loved my haircut. I've been trying to grow my hair out and it's at that in between stage where it's driving me crazy and looking really funny....and so I've been looking through old pictures of it longer to convince myself not to give in and cut it.

Anyways. I found this picture, and I think I looked GORGEOUS. I wish I had realized back then how pretty I really was. I don't think I would have gained the weight back or cut my hair off if I had known. I cut my hair off because I needed a change...and I don't regret it, but I am missing the more feminine long hair especially now that I'm bigger again because without my feminine figure, I feel very boyish...

I figure it will take me about 6 to 8 months to grow my hair out this long, and about 6 to 8 months to lose 60 pounds....so it's a perfect goal picture right? I don't care about how long it takes really....but in 8 months I'll be moving back up to school and starting fresh and I think it would be good for me to feel more feminine and stuff.

I'll post the pictures as attachments so I don't have to shrink them. The first one is a picture of me that is more recent, the second one is the goal picture.

DivineFidelity 12-04-2011 06:34 PM

I have also been thinking about mini goals, and this is what I came up with!

Mini Goals
245 – First 10 pounds gone!
230 – Weight that I was December 2010
210 – Almost to Onederland!
195 – Safely into Onederland!!
180 – Weight where I gave up last time and started gaining again
175 – Lowest adult weight ever
165 – Almost healthy!
155 – Healthy weight, 5 pounds from goal!
150 – Final Goal!

My hope is that thinking about this in terms of mini goals will help break it down into something small and more attainable...and give me something to focus on and work towards each week. I really hope it helps!

mhill0823 12-04-2011 11:21 PM

Devine you look great in those pictures!! I need to do some digging and find a picture, it's been so long since I was any smaller lol and even then I was still big!
I think your goals sound awesome! I love working towards small goals at a time, makes you feel like you're getting things done super fast!!

So there is a guy at my apartment complex at the gym just about every night when I go around the same time...
He's my motivation, whew~! lol
:)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

mhill0823 12-06-2011 02:14 PM

Not a lot of talk lately ladies!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
I work up lacking motivation so I did some searching and made this thread!!:)