20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #106  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Well hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active the past few days....I went camping at the Texas Renaissance Festival. It was awesome and fun, even though it rained a lot....and it was really cold...and now I think I'm getting sick. Whatever though. I'm kind of excited because I got back and weighed myself and I had lost a lot. I was below 250! I missed the weigh in this past week....I was going to post it Friday, but I forgot to do it before I left to go camping....so I'll just wait until next week. Hopefully that will give me a big loss since the last weigh in. lol.

I had a great time though...so it was definitely worth it.

I've got to get ready for work soon, and then after work I've got to go to the dentist and get a permanent crown placed, and a filling....so I may not get around until posting the stats until tomorrow. I'm sorry for the delay, it's just been a really busy weekend.

I just have to say, I love how active we have all been in the chat thread. Let's keep up that wonderful support! =D

mhill - I love your tree! It's gorgeous! I bet you cant wait to reach that 30 pounds lost mini-goal! That just seems so far away for me...with christmas and everything. I feel like I'm JUST starting....and I have a long way to go before I am going to get anywhere. The worst part is that I feel smaller then I did LAST time I was this weight (I guess because I still workout, and I wasn't working out then)....and so it's hard to convince myself to stick to the diet completely...you know? lol

Riestrella - I've never tried sushi. I have barely even tried cooked fish, and am not a fan. My boyfriend loves it, but we never go get it because I'm afraid. Is there something you could suggest that would be good to start with? lol. Also, I know what you mean when it comes to christmas. I'm really worried about it too. My parents are both overweight, I grew up in a family where vegetables didn't exist and fatty foods were good foods....and my parents still think that way. I don't know how I'll get through it without gaining 50 pounds. It's not so much the treats that I'm worried about as the food that they're going to cook, all loaded with grease and fats. =/

ForeverLove - We all get busy, I understand it. I also don't understand online arguments....well, I say that....but my boyfriend and I were talking online through IMs the other day, and we got into a big fight that we later realized was dumb because we just misunderstood what the other person was saying. We're over it now...It just reminds me how careful we really do have to be when we're talking to people online because it really can be hard to get what you mean across sometimes.

Lambiechop - You CAN reach that 50 pounds lost mark! You are SO close, and I am so jealous. lol. I too need to work on my appearance more. Right now, I'm wearing a lot of shapeless clothes and sweat pants....and I'm in the process of growing out my pixie cut, so my hair always looks awful. Maybe if I wore more makeup or something, I would feel a little less frumpy. =/

PinkSnowDays - Getting on 3FC on my phone is one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored at work. It also helps me to keep on track, having access to it when I'm in situations that might test my will power. It really is a great weight loss tool. Congrats on not gaining this past week. That in itself is a huge accomplishment!

princessgina00 - Just think about how much weight you'll be able to lose this week from the weight you posted for your weigh in on saturday! If you're already down that much, you can have a really big week this week!

princessdi86 - I LOVE the huge tree. Christmas trees are always one of my favorite parts of christmas!

I want to challenge everyone to do 100 crunches (or more) this week!!! I don't care if you do them all at once or spread them out over the week. It doesn't matter if they are on a stability ball, on the floor, or in a pool (that's how I prefer to do them, with those floating noodles under my head and ankles)....lets just all try and get to 100 crunches! Every time you do them, post back and report how many you did, and keep a running tally. And don't forget to track them on Fitocracy! =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #107  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Well girls, I did it! I did Insanity today! I haven't done an Insanity workout since the 9th November. That's 2 and half weeks with NO EXERCISE! I still am astonished I managed to lose a pound in that time frame and maintain 163 lbs, as well as lose 1 inch off my stomach (I mean, seriously, what the h3ll?!). I was super close to not doing it, to just curling up in bed and taking a nap. Then I said to myself "You're not a quitter, you're halfway to your goal so just get up and do it!" I then played some ultimate cheesy 80s motivation (montage) music and got ready then I did it!!

It wasn't great, I ended up coughing a LOT since I think my asthma is playing up because of the cold weather. I skipped some of the push ups (I was running a bit behind on time you see) but I did most of the cardio including awful power jumps (jumping high in the air, bringing your knees as high up as possible, giving your knees a slap with your hands and landing) and now I feel super happy. It's the fact that I got over my slump barrier and just did it no matter how well it went. I updated Fitocracy for the first time in weeks, I'm going to update my exercise post and yeah - I just want to GET BACK ON IT!!

Tomorrow I've got a packed day so I'll have to take the rest day early, but Wednesday I have no excuse and after that I'm off for 2 weeks so I can concentrate on my weight loss.

I accept your challenge Miss Divine!

mhill - What's important is you're back and FIGHTING for it!! You can definitely get back to where you were and then so far past it that you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Awesome tree, shame you can't have a real one! But I'll say this - it's too early it's not even December yet, woman!!

gina - Congrats on your loss! It only means when the next weigh in comes you'll have a great loss and you might even lose more before then!!

Lambie - Taking pride in your appearance is NOT shallow. Letting it dictate your happiness and having it as a mask is bad, but when you just want to take care of yourself and look good that's awesome. I know what you mean though, I not too long ago cut a fringe into my hair as something different. I had the centre parting straight hair do going on for YEARS so I wanted a challenge. My hair is too thin for a fringe, so I'm trying to 'train' it into a side swooshy fringe. I need to get it cut into a bit now because it's getting a bit meh, but it's nice to look good! I want to use cocoa butter for my stretch marks just to lessen their appearance. Need to start making a habit out of it!

princessdi - Thank you so much! You're a sweety =). Girl you are gorgeous! What a beautiful face you have, and I am super jealous of your hair! Looking amazing =)

Divine - AMAZING!! That's great how you lost weight! Now I command you to immediately report to your sink and pour yourself a glass of water NOW, woman! You need fluids if you're feeling sick! About the sushi, honestly? Just try everything. The best thing about sushi if it's on a conveyor belt is that you can just grab it and try it. I'm super fussy with food and I love sushi. It tastes different to cooked fish. Get your boyfriend to tell you what's good, or even ask the waiter, they'll know what they're talking about! My boyfriend works at a sushi restaurant so I'm hoping he's an expert by the time I see him so he can introduce me to some more!
As for your Christmas, I think portion size is going to be your target. Just enjoy the food that you can without over indulging. And when you feel full, STOP! No point in cramming more in when your body is yelling for mercy, it's a baaad habit of mine and I need to listen to my body more!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

I accept the 100 crunch challenge!!!

I did 20 tonight at the gym!!! 80 more to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
mhill - I love your tree! It's gorgeous! I bet you cant wait to reach that 30 pounds lost mini-goal! That just seems so far away for me...with christmas and everything. I feel like I'm JUST starting....and I have a long way to go before I am going to get anywhere. The worst part is that I feel smaller then I did LAST time I was this weight (I guess because I still workout, and I wasn't working out then)....and so it's hard to convince myself to stick to the diet completely...you know? lol
Glad you had a great time this weekend!!
I'm the same way, once I lose weight I start to feel almost invincible and then I slack off... well at least that's how it is for me! I've got to get past that feeling and keep pushing myself!!!! I'm just glad really that I bought a new scale and it's actually working!(and getting lower) lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post

mhill - What's important is you're back and FIGHTING for it!! You can definitely get back to where you were and then so far past it that you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Awesome tree, shame you can't have a real one! But I'll say this - it's too early it's not even December yet, woman!!
I love your inspiration!!! So glad you are back to doing Insanity!!! You will be back on track in no time!!!
As far as the tree goes, it's always been a family tradition to put it up the night of Thanksgiving so I brought that with me! lol People here in my apartment complex had theirs up middle of November, so I justify myself by saying I'm not THAT crazy~ lol
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #109  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

mhill - Ok, I'll let you off then ;p. There a guy nearby who goes CRAZY with Christmas lights. It's kinda like the National Lampoon's house. I'll have to take pictures! I swear you can see his house from space...
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #110  

haha those are my favorite! Back in my hometown we had a family that did that and we swear the town loved it so much they used to spike everyone else's electric bills to cover it!! lol I love Christmas lights and decorations but there is definitely something called Too Much! lol

So as for today! I'm about to go work on revisions to a paper I wrote and then I turn it in this evening! I will officially be done with assignments for the semester! I still have class for a few more weeks but no more assignments! Such a relief! lol Now I just have to wait and pray for a good grade, this certain professor grades Tough!

Annnnd I did 50 crunches during my workout today...

So I'm up to 70 out of 100! 30 more to go!!!

Last edited by mhill0823; 11-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #111  
on the way to skinny

well ladies, i'm sorry to say it's gonna be another day before I get the stats done. I'm on my phone now....my laptop won't start. I haven't forgotten about you though! I'll be going to my bf's house tomorrow and i'll do it on his. Sorry about the wait =(
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #112  
on the way to skinny

Well here are the stats!

I also updated the Overall Individual Stats chart in the thread for that if you're interested. It's not a new post, I just edited the old one. =D

Congrats to our Biggest Loser: nest!

Also, Candi44 and FassGal are no longer in the competition.

We had a LOT of people miss weigh ins this past week. I want to remind everyone that once you miss 3 weigh ins, you will be disqualified from the competition! I will be PMing everyone who has missed any, just to remind them in case they have forgotten about the challenge. I know I can't really talk since I missed a weigh in as well...but please try and post your weight early if you know you can't weigh in on Saturday!

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 11-30-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #113  
on the way to skinny

Yay Crunches!

Can you ladies feel those abs getting stronger yet? I sure can.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for another exercise related challenge for next week? I liked the crunches idea because I love crunches, but I thought maybe it would be good to mix it up next week. I'm open to suggestions! Also, if YOU have anything you would like to challenge the team to do, feel free! I like a little bit of a challenge. Sometimes that can help push me beyond where I would normally go when it comes to my exercise. =D
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #114  

I love the challenge idea!!! I'm almost done lol... Maybe next week challenge with miles.. Like everyone is challenged to walk/run 12 miles or something like that?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #115  
on the way to skinny

We could do that. I don't know that I would participate, but maybe I could cycle that many miles. Walking and Running are painful things for me. Even in the pool, it hurts.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #116  

That works too!! Just a challenge to complete so many miles, however we prefer
Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #117  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey ladies!

December is here! I can't believe we're at the end of 2011! I'm so happy about this month though, because November really sucked balls for me and I want to make December better. I want to stay consistent with my exercise, keep accountable on this forum and just see some great results.

I've now got my 2 weeks off! What better way than to do some exercise then go shopping for that work do dress! Eep! Hope you're all well!

Divine - Ahhh! I'm so sorry! I'm actually 163 lbs not 164 lbs! I stupidly made a typo in my weigh in thread!! =(!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #118  
on the way to skinny

Riestrella, I'm not going to mess with it now cause I already turned the stats in to Zan, and it's actually more of a complicated process then you might imagine (make an excel spreadsheet, copy it and paste into microsoft word so the background is white, take a print screen and paste into paint to crop, then upload to photobucket), but I will be sure to change it when I do the spreadsheets for next week!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #119  
on the way to skinny

Well I got a response to my PM to mya about her missed weigh ins. She said that she is withdrawing from the competition because her internet has been shut off and she's having to go without for a while...and cannot check the forum often. I just thought you guys might like to know where she went!

Other news...I'm doing okay today. It hasn't been a great day (a good friend got in a serious wreck and is in the hospital. don't have any updates yet....she's had to have surgery), but I didn't go get fast food! Well...I take that back, I had to stop and get breakfast because I was running late but I think I kept my calories low enough that I should be fine.

I'm definitely still feeling awful, but I'm not letting it get me down. I did get sent home early from work because my boss said I looked awful, but ehh. I went to the teacher supply store to go get some stuff for my classroom laminated, and the total was like $10....and she was like "don't worry about it...merry christmas!" and it definitely made my day. I really didn't have the $10 to spend in the first place, so that was super nice of her.

Tomorrow, my boyfriend is buying me a NOOK TABLET! I'm so excited. I've wanted an ereader for a long time (I absolutely LOVE to read and usually have a huge book crammed in my purse at all times, which is really heavy), and I'm finally going to be getting one. I got so excited about it that I decided to make a cover for it. I didn't want to spend money on one, and I wanted something a little bit cuter and more personalized then what I saw in the stores. I'll attach some pictures of the finished product. For my first try (and I am AWFUL at sewing) I think it turned out really well! It's black felt on the outside, and a blue tapestry fabric on the inside...and the pockets are light blue felt...and the flower and the name on the back are made with craft foam. I used a rubber band to loop around the flower to hold it closed, and it's got the front and back covers of an old book on the inside of it to make it stiff.

I'm GOING to make tomorrow a better day. I WILL NOT be sick anymore. I refuse. lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (43.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (24.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (46.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 12-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #120  

Devine: - OMG! I'm going to need you to make me a cover for my kindle! That is SOO Cute!!!!
I hope everything is okay with your friend, I really hate to hear that! I dealt with the same thing early last year and I know it's rough, I'll pray that everything goes okay! Keep us updated! and feel better!

Riestrella - Happy Vacation! I'm jealous! I've got another week and then I'm on vacation from the 11th-17th! so I'm Almost there!! lol Enjoy your time off!

So I did it...
100 Crunches!

I'm excited, and my abs are killin me!! lol
I worked out super hard tonight, it's barely 9 o'clock and I'm ready to call it a night lol!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Last edited by mhill0823; 12-01-2011 at 10:19 PM.