3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Team Arctic Fox! Chat Thread:

Old 11-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #76

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nest View Post
Mhill- yep! We have a huge group of friends and family of all different fitness levels doing it together next year! From my 21 year old cousin who is a pro mma fighter to my girly girl little cousin! It should be a blast! It is also a great motivator! Even though it's not a traditional race I refuse to be the slowest/fattest/worst at things! I am also determined to do all the obstacles even though I am scared of some of them. Any advice or suggestions?
I'm so excited for you! I'm doing it next year in may in Georgia(hopefully) and then I'm going to do it again in TN if they bring it back! I did it with one of my best friends who is MUUUUCH smaller than me and in better shape! The obstacles are rough sometimes, depending on which ones are at your location. I thought there were going to be a few that I wouldn't be able to accomplish but I ended up finishing ALL of them! We weren't really worrying about times we just stayed at our own pace and had fun. That's my best advice, take your time and enjoy every minute of it because it really is the most fun thing I've done in a Long time!! Even while not worrying about times we still finished before over half of the group we started with!
You will start looking like this....

and end looking like this...

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessdi86 View Post

For the first time ever, my boyfriend actually opened up to me about my weight gain, and how he felt about it. Though he was incredibly sweet, and kind about the whole situation, it was super depressing to know that he was really worried about my health because of the weight I've gained. He talked about our future, and how unhealthy I would be if I were to get pregnant, and the risks involved in that. Of course, I broke down, as this always seems to be a defense mechanism for me whenever my weight issue is brought up by anyone. I am hoping that this talk will help to motivate me more than I already am, and keep me strong enough to continuously hit my goals. He did state how proud he was that I was working hard again at it, and offered to help me with whatever I may need in my journey of sorts, which made me feel a little better
I break down the same way when it comes to this conversation. I'm so glad that he is so supportive though, you deserve that!!! He seems like a great guy if he is so concerned about your health, future, and is willing to help! Keep him around !!! I'm sure that is just the extra motivation that you need!!!
Psalm 119:32
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #77
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Well guys, I'm not going to be here Saturday morning. I'll be camping at the Texas Renaissance Festival. I'll weigh in Friday morning though, before I go. I'm hoping I won't gain this week, I'm really just trying to maintain. I have the teacher luncheon for thanksgiving at work tomorrow, and then I have my Pre-K class thanksgiving party wednesday. I can avoid eating most everything at the teacher luncheon....but it would be impossible to explain to the kids why I wasn't eating the food that they helped their parents cook without it hurting their feelings (its a pot luck thing and the kids help prepare what they bring)....so I'm just going to suck it up and eat it. Hopefully nobody brings anything TOO bad for me. It's just one day, and it's just one week. Even if I do gain, I can recover from this and get back on track. I just don't want to alienate any of the kids by not eating what they brought, but eating what someone else brought...ya know?

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #78

I understand completely!! You can't hurt feelings over food, that would be awful!!! I'm sure it won't be too terribly bad!!

So the craziest thing happened to me tonight.. my apartment complex has a gym(sauna, gym tanning bed, pool the whole nine yards), but after hours you have to have a key to get into the gym. Well I couldn't find ours, my roommate had it of course. So I texted a neighbor I had met recently and exchanged numbers with(thankfully) and asked if he could let me in the gym. When he walked down there with me to let me in he asked if I was familiar working with weights and such... he told me he was a personal trainer all through college(he's a good deal older than me) and that he would love to work with me some if i'd like...
So needless to say I'm pretty excited, he worked with me for about an hour tonight in the gym teaching me a good weight workout to do twice a week and let's just say he then had to almost carry up my stairs to my apartment after! lol
So I have a new (free) personal trainer!!!

lol so all that just to say..
I'm SORE~!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #79
on the way to skinny

That's AWESOME mhill!!! I wish i had something like that. I have NO IDEA what to do for weight training for the most part. I'm pretty much stuck in a rut.

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #80

Come visit TN, I got a great person to show ya! lol
Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #81
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I'll be in the Boro in just a few Seriously, that is so awesome! I would love to have a personal trainer, especially a free one!!!

Christmas Challenge:
To reach ONEDERLAND by Christmas Day!

FLOWER FOR EVERY 5 POUNDS LOST

*All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.* Walt Disney
princessdi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #82

Lol you can so come down one night and ill get him to show us some stuff! He showed me stuff to do and told me to call him in a few weeks when I wanna change it up! Lives across from me lol
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #83

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

So if I can make it the trip home this will be day two of following my Drs orders and staying on plan calorie/carb wise. I say "if" because I just left a stressful grocery trip and I'm still feeling a little anxious as I head home. why was it stressful? First, it was super busy and I was trying to hurry. Next, I thought about buying some junk. Then I obsessed about buying/not buying junk. Then I paced through the aisles where said junk was located. I shut the part of my brain telling me to buy junk and got in line. My debit card was declined For a $60 purchase. I had money and it turned out to be a system issue not that we have zero money in our account but I still looked stupid, was embarrassed and held up other people. I left the store and have almost made it home without giving in to the urge to binge. Once I get home I will be fine. I have dinner planned, we don't have junk at home and I have a solid dinner planned. I needed to purge that info...now I feel better!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #84
on the way to skinny

Well, it's a super busy week for me....but hopefully I'm doing okay. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone else is doing! I really hope that everybody has a plan for thanksgiving, and that we've all got the strength to stick to them. My plan is simply moderation. I don't need any second helpings, and I don't need any soda or anything. I don't want to completely deprive myself...so I might have a gain this week, since technically I'm eating 3 thanksgiving meals (two parties at work and one with the family) this week....but I'm hoping that I won't. Anyways, I've got to go get ready for work...but I wish you all the best of luck. Well, not luck....because this isn't about luck. Just don't forget that you ARE strong enough to do this!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #85
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

mhill - Wow, what are the chances! A trainer will really help you reach your goal

To all you American ladies, HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Hope you all have a great day and don't worry about porking out, we're all allowed it at least once ;p. Just work out like crazy tomorrow!

Having lived with/known Americans for the last 3 years I've always gorged on Thanksgiving too, not quite on the traditional family meals but more at restaurants. Today I'm going to a nearby city and eating lots of sushi! Can't wait!

I'm going to start Insanity properly on the 28th. I know I know, I said I was going to start it Monday! But it works much better for me timing wise (around work) so I'm spending the next few days getting motivated.

I made a thread here in the main forum about my progress so far/trying to get out of the stall, but since I know people are lazy I'll just copy the post here =p But feel free to comment in that thread!

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Recently I've been stalling in my weight loss. The excuses are my dog passing away, looking after the house/pets on my own while the parents have been away, working the hectic Breaking Dawn week, being tired from work etc. So I wanted to find that excitement about exercise and weight loss in general again. I have felt it disappear recently but this time unlike the previous attempts at losing weight I know what the signs are and I can't give up now.

My bedroom wall is covered in pictures of me and my friends from all stages of my life, so it's always quite interesting to see my weight rise and fall over the span of 11 years! They're all in order from date, so at the bottom are some of the pictures of me from my highest weight. One of them being this one from my graduation (I'm the one in the red dress)

To me, I look huge. My face is noticeable large and my boobage is ginormous not to mention the bulge in my stomach! It's not quite visible but from the other pictures from that day it's most definitely there!

So I decided to try that dress on again, because I haven't worn it since that day, to see if there is any difference:

I see some big change, and the confidence I have in that fact is really invigorating. Usually I would have so much bad to say about my body, but comparing the two pictures I can only think "wow, look how different I look now."

I've been lacking some serious motivation recently to exercise so I really want to step it up when I get my 2 days off tomorrow and Friday. I want to keep getting results and reach my goal, I'm just past the halfway mark and I can't stop now and get complacent - I've got to keep fighting for it.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #86
on the way to skinny

I hate to say it guys, but I've got to get serious on you for a little bit. PLEASE read what I have to say. If there is one post you read in the entire thread, I feel that this is the most important!!

I had a team member message me a little bit ago saying that they were quitting the challenge because they felt bullied by other members of the team in other areas of the forum. I'm not going to name names because I think that stuff needs to be private, but this is a serious thing. Obviously feelings got hurt on both sides, which I really hate.

When we are talking online, sometimes people can easily mistake what we say to mean something else. Just because YOU think you are being positive, doesn't mean that someone else could read your statement and think that it was negative. This is very important to understand. Most of the time when people get upset with one another on here, it's just a misunderstanding. Sometimes it isn't.....but whether it is or isn't, this situation is much better handled through Private Messages then in the open areas of the forum.

I understand in this particular situation that both parties involved thought that they were right and the other was wrong....but honestly right now that does not matter. We are A TEAM, and we need to start acting like one. If you have a problem with the way your team member is doing something...does it make more sense to call them out in front of the other teams and let them see your weaknesses, or to wait until you can talk about it privately and put on a united front? We need to stay united or we have no hope of winning this competition. I don't want to see anyone else saying negative things to another team member on the forum. I shouldn't be able to see it, because if you feel you MUST say it, then it should be in a private message.

There is already so much negativity in this world. I really just wish we would all take a step back, take a deep breath, and let it go sometimes. It seems to me sometimes like I'm the only person who doesn't see negativity in everything that everyone else says all the time anymore. I feel like we're all so negative that we jump to conclusions and don't think about our actions, and it really bothers me. I just hope that we can all learn from this, and that we will become more united as a team. I hope we can all check our negativity at the door and do everything within our power to support one another.

If anybody feels they have anything to say about this, or disagrees with me in any ways, feel free to private message me. Please do not bring the negativity to our team chat thread. I'm here to support each and every one of you, and I do not want to have to take sides.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #87

I hate to see someone leave Internet conversations can't often be taken Way wrong. I try to watch how I word things but I know sometimes I may say things wrong. Just hope everything is okay!

Riestrella- Such a noticeable change!!! So love the idea of keeping pictures up to remind yourself!!!

I hope everyone is having a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I am so blessed and I hope the same for all of you!!! During my thanks this morning I made mention of everyone in my life who is involved in my weightloss journey and a huge part of that is all of you here at 3fc!!! Thank you!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #88
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I wanted to add this as an attachment to Divine's post.
A little refresher, if you will. Or a useful reminder if anyone has problems with another user here on 3FC:

The 3FC Forum rules are very specific on what they allow: "9. Respect toward fellow members is expected. You agree not to harass, flame, insult, taunt, or otherwise disrespect any member of this forum. In other words, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This includes gossiping about another member. This requirement is meant to encourage the overall strength of our support system, and will benefit our community as a whole." Forum Rules

Also, I found:
"Questions regarding forum policy, and specific complaints or forum disputes should be referred to an administrator (Suzanne 3FC or Jennifer 3FC) by Private Message."

junebug41 is the Mod for the 20somethings forum section.

Unfortunately, disagreements and misunderstandings happen.
Now, to lighten up my post:
Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #89

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?

As for me...
It was a pretty successful day! I planned very well for what I was going to eat and when to try to minimize hunger for our dinner time family gathering. To say my mom over cooks would seriously be the understatement of the year! I volunteered to bring the fresh fruits and veggies...at least I could garuntee they would be there! I also made some other things but they don't fall in line with what I am eating. I had ONE cookie! ONE! The only other questionable item I had was almonds. I had about 10 chocolate covered almonds. Still better than the 20 pies, cheese dip, carb-sugar-fat fest that covered the tables and counters for seven hours! I decided that was a good comprise between binging and restricting myself to the point to drive myself crazy! The only other things I ate were fresh veggies, some turkey and a few oz of cheese. Good protein and some veggies - although I don't have the exact counts and am going off estimates I am pretty sure I was able to stay on plan today! Whoop whoop!

Also, I know official weigh ins aren't until Sat but the scale is moving in my favor now that I'm not sickly! I broke through a barrier 5okay that had been kicking my booty! Both a non-scale victory and a scale victory today added to my list of things to be thankful for!

Hope everyone else had a good day! If not, tomorrow is a new day!

What I'm working on...
Under 220- 6/23/12
Under 210-
Onderland!!!!!-
Complete Warrior Dash (Aug 2012)-
Slowly but surely becoming a healthier version of myself!

Last edited by nest : 11-24-2011 at 09:36 PM.
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #90
on the way to skinny

Nest, I'm glad you had a wonderful day. It sounds like you did a great job today, congradulations!

I however...did awful. I'm so scared to get on that scale tomorrow and face those numbers. I'm hoping that I didn't gain, because that would be bad for the team AND me....but I know I won't be eating that much this weekend (i'm broke and going camping so it's just pb&j for me...and I'm not a big fan of pb&j so I probably won't eat much), so maybe that will make up for my awful decisions today? I hope so...

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.