20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 11-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I'm nervous about weigh in day!!! Good luck ladies!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #62  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

Just weighed in, down 10 lb from last week, which was TOM so actual loss would probably have been 2-3 lb I think. But hey, I don't care what the reason is, it sure feels good to see that number drop by 10 haha. I'm glad I am still losing weight but I have so been slacking on exercising, guess it's a good thing the fitocracy challenge is starting!
Hope you all have a great weekend as I may or may not be back on here til monday.

Mhill-I saw breaking dawn last night, that wolf scene where Jacob and Sam are talking seriously made me laugh for about an hour afterwards.
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #63  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I was so excited to get on the scale, and see 218!!! I am so close to Onederland, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Now, all I have to do is control myself this week! Today, we are celebrating my mom's birthday, and my mom has the biggest sweet tooth! Then tomorrow I am having lunch and drinks with friends, and then going to Breaking Dawn... then having dinner at the future in-laws! We are also having two Thanksgiving dinners this week, one on Wednesday, and the other on Thursday. I am hoping that by running 3 miles a day, and walking another 3, I should keep my weight in check, and possibly still lose, but we shall see! Portion control is key!!!

Good luck with weigh-ins Ladies!!!
princessdi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #64  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

Foreverlove: AMAZING job! TOM or not, it is so wonderful to see the scale move that much! Also, cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn tomorrow!!!!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #65  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Well I'm up a little from earlier in the week, but I'm down from my starting weight so I'll take it. We went out with friends last night and ate and drank and partied for a friend's birthday....and I went a little overboard...so I was expecting to be up, so I'm not shocked. 253.2 instead of 255 last saturday...so any loss is something to be happy about.

Don't forget to weigh in everyone!!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLove View Post

Mhill-I saw breaking dawn last night, that wolf scene where Jacob and Sam are talking seriously made me laugh for about an hour afterwards.
I seriously laughed so hard during that entire scene!
I'm already excited for next year! lol It's sad that I waste my life away waiting on a movie to come out!

Great weigh in day everyone! Congrats!
Excited about our challenge starting today!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #67  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hi all! Finally caught up on all the chatter! Excited to be more involved since the craziness of last week has finally calmed down. A lil about myself...

I'm a 25 year old high school teacher and am in my 3rd year in the classroom already. I hit my highest weight at the beginning of the last challenge... 261 pounds. I'd been in denial about my weight for a long time and have yo-yo'd around 230-250 for a long time... living alone its been easy to emotional/stress eat my feelings away but when the scale hit 261 it was the ultimate wake up call. When I had turned 23 I gained weight during my first year of teaching and hit 230... when I turned 24 and weighed what I thought my highest would be of 240 I vowed never to be 25 and hit 250... well I reached it and went over. It was time for a change

I am currently calorie counting and also trying to work out twice a week (small steps when life is busy during the school year). I feel off the wagon at the end of the last challenge and stalled in my WL then after even gained some back... but I'm here with new hope!

My motivations for doing this are simple... to be healthy, to find myself again (I've gotten lost in my career and furthering my degree), and to be able to once again shop at 'normal' stores.
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #68  
on the way to skinny

it looks like only 3 of us missed the weigh in! That's better then I was expecting, and I hope we can keep up the enthusiasm. I'll do the stats and some personals later....i'm on my phone right now that that stuff would be way too complicated on here. Don't forget about the Fitocracy challenge starting today! Good luck everyone =)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

One week down!
For me it wasn't a great week. I broke even. Guess that's better than a gain. Although I am disappointed I am going to be positive. I was sick and didn't really get in any substantial exercise (hard to run when ya can't breathe ) I easily could've gained so I'll take it.
This coming week will probably be a struggle for many of us. Thanksgiving is centered around heaping portions of food! Eek! For me I am going to start following my doctor's orders again tomorrow. Due to some medical stuff I am supposed to be eating/avoiding certain things. I did really well for a few weeks then fell of the wagon. I'm climbing back on! The only reason I'm not technically following orders today is due to a lack of groceries that meet my needs! Off to the store I go!
Hope everyone has a great week and a happy thanksgiving!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #70  

nest... i see on your signature that you're doing Warrior Dash in August!!!
You're going to have SOOOO Much fun! I did it back in September and LOVED it! (and couldn't move for 3 days lol)
Old 11-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #71  

Mhill- yep! We have a huge group of friends and family of all different fitness levels doing it together next year! From my 21 year old cousin who is a pro mma fighter to my girly girl little cousin! It should be a blast! It is also a great motivator! Even though it's not a traditional race I refuse to be the slowest/fattest/worst at things! I am also determined to do all the obstacles even though I am scared of some of them. Any advice or suggestions?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #72  
on the way to skinny

Default Week One Results

Well Guys...Here are the Week One Results! I've never tried doing this before...so if you see any errors let me know, but I THINK I did it right. The totals at the bottom only include people who did not miss one or both of the weigh ins...if those totals included people who had misses, then it would mess up the equations in my excel spreadsheet.

Team Arctic Fox Week One Results

Edit: lol...I just realized that I didn't add anyone's names to my dictionary so they all have red squiggly lines under them. I'll fix that for next week, I promise. >.<

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 11-20-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #73  
on the way to skinny

Okay guys. I also started a Overall Individual Stats thread and I'll post a spreadsheet with your current stats for the entire competition in that thread each week. That way by the end of the competition you'll know exactly how much you lost, and your total percentage lost for the entire competition. =D
Old 11-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #74  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

DivineFidelity: Awesome job on the spread sheet! It really looks great! Thank you so much for putting that together!

nest: Thanksgiving is DEFINITELY going to be super rough for me! I'm hoping that with portion control, and 3 mile runs before or after each Thanksgiving meal (I'm having two), I should be able to maintain, and not gain. BTW, what is Warrior Dash?

PinkSnowDays: I can't tell you how many times I told myself "This is the most I'll ever weigh" in the past three years, and how I continuously seem to by pass every single "worst" weight! For me, it is super depressing, until I motivate myself to get back on the bandwagon. I'm telling myself that this time is it, that I will never been this weight again, let alone in the 200's ever again. Good luck on your same journey, I completely understand what you are going through!!!

So, yesterday, Mom's birthday, was definitely a success! I didn't gain! No loss either, but it could have been a gain I am worried about today, though I did workout this morning and tonight to help burn the calories that I indulged in throughout the day. Had eggrolls and drinks at Chili's, popcorn, and candy at the theater, and a hearty chicken dinner with chocolate cake for dessert at the future in laws to top off the day. Ugh, worried about the scale!

For the first time ever, my boyfriend actually opened up to me about my weight gain, and how he felt about it. Though he was incredibly sweet, and kind about the whole situation, it was super depressing to know that he was really worried about my health because of the weight I've gained. He talked about our future, and how unhealthy I would be if I were to get pregnant, and the risks involved in that. Of course, I broke down, as this always seems to be a defense mechanism for me whenever my weight issue is brought up by anyone. I am hoping that this talk will help to motivate me more than I already am, and keep me strong enough to continuously hit my goals. He did state how proud he was that I was working hard again at it, and offered to help me with whatever I may need in my journey of sorts, which made me feel a little better
Old 11-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #75  

Warrior Dash is a 5k but with crazy obstacles! Like climbing under barbed wire through a mud pit, flaming coals, rock walls, cars, etc. Definitely not a traditional race! When you finish you get the traditional medal plus a fuzzy Viking hat, beer, etc. They have bands and food vendors with turkey legs and stuff. Generally a fun atmosphere and not all about your running time!