20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #46  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

ForeverLove, I have no idea!

FassGal, No problem =D

I made time for working out today! It won't happen much....but I found time today. I put off a bunch of homework that I'm going to have to do this weekend, but I'll deal with it then. I didn't have a good day. I binged earlier. I found out that my hours are getting cut at work (the enrollment for the school is down and they're having to cut everyone's hours) and I'm going to lose a lot of hours....which means losing a lot of money. I started freaking out and stressing and then I did what I always do when I'm stressing and went out and got junk. I felt so sick after eating it....and guilty too (which is probably why I made myself work out)....and I'm still mad at myself for it. I don't know why I let my emotions take control of me like that...and I don't know why certain things just make me want to eat. I still feel sick from it (that was at 11:30am) and I don't even think I'm going to eat dinner because my stomach is just so upset. My body obviously doesn't want this nasty over processed fatty greasy food, but for some reason my mind still does, even when I KNOW it will make me sick. I just don't understand.

I'll do better tomorrow. I've got grilled chicken already cooked that I can reheat at work, and a ziploc steamer bag full of veggies, and some frozen grapes to take to work.

BTW, If you haven't had frozen grapes, they're incredible. They taste like popsicles in little tiny ball form....it feels like a treat, when really it's a healthy fruit. Everyone should try them at least once!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #47  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

So sorry I started late! I hope it is not too late! I had a family emergency, and did not have my computer with me this weekend.

mhill0823: Super crazy, we have so much in common! I am also a personal banker, and I am in school as well! Even stranger... I'm also from Tennessee! Craziness, right?!

A little about me.... I am 25, and as for mentioned, I work full time as a personal banker, and I am also in school obtaining my Accounting degree. Exactly a year ago, I was on this very site, and lost over 40 pounds! Then I was diagnosed with Celiacs, which should have encouraged me to eat healthier, and be gluten free, right? WRONG! I got upset, and super defiant, so I started to eat what I wanted, regardless of the stomach issues it would cause. I would just take my "happy pills" that would stop the stomach pains and such, and go about my marry way. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer, and I did nothing but stress and eat. All of my great dieting habits went out the window! I've gained all but one pound back! I had envisioned myself being at my goal weight by this time, and I am SO depressed that I let myself go yet again! I've lost weight before... I weight around 230, and got down to 165, and felt amazing! Then, like most others in this group, I got in an amazing relationship, and got slightly too comfortable. He also gained a bunch of weight, but has of course lost it, and then some! Not sure how it is so easy for guys to do, but so hard for us! Needless to say, I am back on my diet plan, and seeing my dietary doctor. I have hung up a super cute DKNY sweater that I want to be able to wear by New Years that should look super cute it I lose around 30 pounds Next will be a super cute bikini for the summer!

I started today by taking my medicine, and eating less, and more healthfully. I also got on the treadmill for an hour, and did not allow myself to eat after 6pm. I am hoping that by cutting out gluten, drinking only water and skim milk, and everything else mentioned above, I should be able to smoothly, and easily lose the weight I have put on. I plan on getting on the treadmill at least 5 times a week for a minimum of an hour a day. I am also going to start going back to hot yoga! I love it!

Good luck everyone! So proud of all of you!!!!
princessdi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #48  
on the way to skinny

Princessdi, you're not too late. I don't see why there would be an issue. I'm posting thin from my phone so hopefully there aren't too many mistakes. We're glad to have you on the team! Sorry to hear about the family emergency, I hope everything is alright. If you have any questions about anything for the challenge feel free to ask =)

Friendly reminder to everyone!!! The Challenge on Fitocracy starts tomorrow. I don't know how those challenges are, so I don't know if you can join it late or not. If you're interested, don't forget to make an account and stuff on the site! =)
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #49  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey ho everyone.

I got my hours for work this week, my first day off is Monday which means I'll have been working Monday-Sunday =/. I think the new admin at work still has things to learn, because I think she forgets who's been working a long streak before she does the new rota. Also, I had to swap a shift because I was finishing at 00:30 and then back in the next morning at 8:15. That's technically illegal, and there's no way I would have gotten a good nights sleep so thankfully someone swapped with me.

I work at a cinema so it's all going Twilight crazy. I'm going to not have much faith in humankind after Thursday...I'm probably going to have to turn away girls because it's sold out and they're going to cry or something.

I'm looking forward to starting the Fitocracy challenge, will motivate me to do some Insanity! I've got a cough right now, and it's that annoying one where it's just tickling the back of the my throat. Lots of honey and lemon tea for me and water. Still at 164 lbs, hoping to get it down to 163 by the end of the week.

~~~

ForeverLove - I was in huge denial when I was at my highest weight, but I still hated my body. It never stopped me doing much, I would never not go out with my closest friends just because I felt fat or anything. But now I'm halfway there I really don't mind how I look, because I know I won't look like this forever! The only issue I have is with my hair, but I think most girls do =p.
Also, I eat before I workout in the morning. I always think of my body like a fire, the fire is my body, the fuel is food and the air is exercise. If you don't put fuel on the fire and blast is with loads of air it's going to die out (meaning it'll go into starvation mode!) Whereas if you're eating and fuelling your body and then exercise it'll keep burning strong and stay that way afterwards.

Divine - Sorry to hear that you're losing hours. The next time you get stressed why not channel it into something else? It's all that you need to do, but food is too easy and it's what most people do. But if you could channel it into exercise then at least you'd get a great workout and the endorphins will make you feel a whole lot better. You just need to stop, think what it's going to do to your weight loss and how it's going to make you feel afterwards - and the answer is like sh!t! Life happens and we all get stressed, and junk food should never be the answer. If you can't curb this then you're going to struggle.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Sorry I have been out of pocket!! I had a day off yesterday. stayed on plan, but had.a wonderful day. Tonight when I get home I'll join the fitocracy challenge and see whats going on!!
Everyone have a great day!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #51  
on the way to skinny

Riestrella, I know that you're right. My problem was that I was AT work when I was struggling. I couldn't exercise at work...my kids are around all the time (I only get a 20 minute break which is when I went out and got my lunch...it's normally my lunch break). I think it also didn't help that I HAD to go out for lunch anyways. I didn't bring anything with me for lunch like I usually do because I hadn't gone to the grocery store yet and ran out of food. I was going to get subway though...not a cheeseburger and fries and a big soda. I feel like I'm making excuses....I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to explain. I already get a lot of exercise at work (picking up kids as heavy as 80 pounds, walking a lot, bending, squatting...stuff like that) and most days I break out in a sweat at least a few times....but I don't think my boss would be okay with me actually exercising on the clock. Idk. I just need to learn how to handle my stress better. I should have tried meditating....I had been doing that for a while and it seemed to be helping, I don't really know why I stopped. That's what I'll try doing next time that I get really stressed.

Well, I just weighed myself out of curiosity. My starting weight was 255......and even WITH my slip up yesterday I'm down to 251...so I must be doing something right. Hopefully I can get down below 250 before our first weigh in, but no promises because I'm going out Friday night for a friend's birthday.

About that....Do you guys know what some low calorie alcoholic drinks are? I don't want to feel like I'm deprived just because I'm dieting...and so I'm probably going to drink a little bit. I just want to try and make the best choices that I can.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #52  
on the way to skinny

Okay guys, I changed the Group Challenge on Fitocracy to start on Saturday, because I know that everybody will check 3FC by then, so they will all have an opportunity to join, because it seems like nobody can join after the challenge starts. Make sure if you want to take part in the exercise challenge that you join Fitocracy, and join the Team Arctic Fox group. To join the challenge you click on a button on the right side of the team page!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #53  
on the way to skinny

Well I had a better day today....BUT I'm really not feeling well. I'm definitely getting sick. I stayed home from work today, and my boss just called me and told me she found someone to cover my shift tomorrow so she won't need me and to stay home and rest....which was very nice of her. I tried to go to the doctor today but my PCP didn't have any appointments available, so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't affect my weight loss too much, but I'm sure I'm probably going to retain some water (I usually do when I'm sick). I hope everyone else had a good day!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

Ugh! Haven't been feeling well and I've been stressed and let that get the best of me for a couple days. Haven't been as bad as they could be but I sure made some bad food choices! The stress is rely coming from a good place. I accepted a great job that will be awesome for my career and my family but my current boss is so nice and I felt bad about giving my notice with all the other stuff going on at work. I am over it now and I am determined to be back on track before days turn to weeks and months and I'm totally derailed. Good luck to everyone. It seems like the past week has been stressful for many of us. Hopefully things are going to change for the better for everyone who is struggling. I'm going to try to fit some sort of exercise in tomorrow despite my sore throat, stuffy nose and tight chest.
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

yuck i been having a bad week since my bf came back from work on saturday cause when he comes back he always eat fast food and buys some for me too and to top it off he always has junk food! so now about 5 days later i been eating out a lot and eating a bunch at home i try to blame him, but i only have myself to blame for my choices. I'm upset because i finally entered in to the 180's on saturday i was super stoked and now after that 5 day of eating out I am at 192 i need to STOP now so i can get back on track and see the 180's again it was so awesome and almost unbelievable when i saw it cause its been a while since i seen the 180's! I just needed to let all that out to feel a little relief phew......i must make it through this challenge so i can enter the low 180's! I hope you all are doing well and i will be joining fitocracy too!

- just tried joining fitocracy but i need an invite code?!

Last edited by cheerios; 11-16-2011 at 10:02 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #56  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Cheerios: I completely understand! My boyfriend used to work on the road, but now works 2nd shift at home... still almost the same thing since we really don't see each other during the week. We have weekends together, and he is ALWAYS wanting to eat out, or grab some Wendy's. He can lose weight so quick, and I have to kick my butt for it! I've made a commitment to myself not to have a single fast food item or fried food item till Christmas. Hoping to stick to it!

So, today I was offered a plus size modeling gig. I should feel flattered right? Not so much.... I just can't get past the PLUS SIZED part. Though I know they meant it well, I took it as being called fat. Not really sure if I am comfortable enough with myself to model....

I decided to have a picture of my skinny self as my phone background so that I will be way less tempted to cheat. I look at my phone all the time, so I think it will give me super motivation! I also bought this gorgeous DKNY sweater that is a size smaller that I hung up on the wall in front of my treadmill. I figure that if I am down the 25 pounds by Christmas, it should look super cute! Any one else do any form of personal motivation in a visual sense?
princessdi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #57  
on the way to skinny

cheerios, look on page 1 of the team chat thread. I posted an invite link somewhere on there.

i'm on my phone so i'm not going to type much (tiny keys). Just here reminding everyone about our Weigh In Tomorrow!!! If you want any sort of last chance workout, today is your day. I want to challenge you all to burn at least 500 calories today! That seems like a reasonable number. Good luck everyone! I'm going out tonight....but hopefully it won't affect my weigh in TOO much...
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Thanks for the challenge!!! I went to the gym this morning and my roommate and I are actually about to take our dogs and go hiking for a few hours up in the mountains about an hour away! I'm sure I can burn the rest of the 500 today that I didn't get out in the gym!!!

AND I Get to go see Breaking Dawn tonight!!
HUGE Twilight nerd here
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #59  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hey all! Glad to see some of the old faces from the last challenge who hung in there around the end again! I look forward to getting to know all of you! Things have been crazy for me this week... working 70+ hours, having a family member in a car crash, having to go out of town two different nights... ugh excuses I know but I'm so sorry to have such a late start. I hope I'm not too late!! I'll go post on the weigh in thread now and then catch up with all the chatter here!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #60  

Okay, soooo.... I lost weight earlier in the week, only to gain it back by the end?! I guess it's time to be strict. I CANNOT go home at the same weight I was in May. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN. And, I don't want to let this team down. Next week I will weigh much less. Promise.
FassGal is offline   Reply With Quote