3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Team Arctic Fox! Chat Thread:

Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Hi guys! A little about me.

I'm 27, a stay at home military wife, I have a 4 year old girl and a 6 year old boy, my husband is currently deployed. My story is a long one but essentially I got married, had kids, became super depressed, and gained a ton of weight. My high weight was 5 years ago at 320. This time I'm finally doing it the right way.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

cheerios, I remember you! I completely understand gaining weight back once you're in a relationship....because that's what has put me all the way back where I started. Instead of looking back and regretting what we didn't do though, lets look forward and think about what we CAN do. Obviously we know how to lose weight, if we did it once we can do it again! About the job, I hope you get it. I've worked in food service before and honestly I didn't gain much weight. Seeing how lazy my coworkers were and how they made the food made me really not ever want anything. lol. Once you see how packaged and processed everything really is, maybe it would make it easier to not eat the pizza? Anyways, good luck with the interview =D

Lambiechop, welcome to the challenge! I know how stressful young kids can be just from teaching Pre-K, and I don't even have any of my own. Good for you not letting all that stress hold you back from achieving your weight loss goals!

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
on the way to skinny

DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR STARTING WEIGHTS IN THE WEIGH IN THREAD!!! I almost forgot to remind you guys!....I think since people might not have checked the site today, i'll give everyone a couple of days to get it in. Tomorrow i'll PM people who haven't posted yet =)

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”

Old 11-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #19
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. I'm 22, living in the UK. I gained weight by not exercising for years (was a super lazy teen) and then in my final year at Uni followed by a month in America I ate loads of junk and got to 200 lbs. I don't know how it happened, I'm embarrassed it happened quite frankly, but I've taken control of my life and my weight and lost 36 lbs so far.

I did the last BL challenge and lost 8 lbs so I'm hoping to lose 7 lbs this time around since it's 7 weeks. I eat 3 times a day, no snacks, I drink just water and I try my best to exercise 6 times a week. Right now I'm doing the Insanity challenge, been slacking a bit recently but I'm still losing weight so that's a good sign that my body is changing!

Good luck everyone =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
on the way to skinny

Okay guys, here is a list of team members who have not posted in the weigh in thread yet! I'm asking that all starting weights be posted by Monday at the LATEST! If you see any of these wonderful ladies posting anywhere else in the forum, can you please remind them to come check the team chat thread and post in the weigh in thread? That would be great! I just PM'd all of them except Candi who can't recieve PMs....and hopefully they'll be with us soon =D

Team Members Missing Initial Weigh-In Posts

Candi44
princessdi86
ForeverLove
nest
Princess of the KING
Matilda08
PinkSnowDays

Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
on the way to skinny

Hi Riestrella! You've come a long way, and I'm sure that those 7 pounds will jut melt off if you continue doing what you're doing. I was curious though, why is it that you don't eat any snacks during the day? I find it easier to stay on plan when I have some fruit or a granola bar between meals to help keep me satisfied, so I was just wondering. Welcome to the team! =D

Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #22

Thanks so much got the support Devine!!! You make a great team leader! I'm excited to get myself back on track!!
Psalm 119:32
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #23
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
Hi Riestrella! You've come a long way, and I'm sure that those 7 pounds will jut melt off if you continue doing what you're doing. I was curious though, why is it that you don't eat any snacks during the day? I find it easier to stay on plan when I have some fruit or a granola bar between meals to help keep me satisfied, so I was just wondering. Welcome to the team! =D
I'm honestly not a huge eater naturally. I can easily live on 3 meals a day, my weight gain was steady over years of laziness and then it got out of control when all I was eating was takeaways and junk food. But once I kicked myself in the arse about it I went back to eating 3 times a day no problem. The worse was giving up soda, that was tricky, but now I only have it when I'm out with friends or something as a treat. But snacking on fruit is definitely the way forward if you do want something to eat in between meals! I tend to want to eat everything when I'm on my period so I try to keep it to healthy snacks!

I also would like to eat 5 times a day (like the Insanity nutrition guide states) but I just don't have the time to with my work. I don't have an office job where I can just have a snack, so I just stick to 3 meals!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #24

I tend to want to eat everything all the time! lol I understand what you're saying about soda, sweet tea is my weakness, giving it up was the most tricky thing I've ever done and from time to time I will have a glass as a treat or so I don't feel like I'm forbidding myself from having it.
My hardest struggle is after I work out, I'm so hungry. I try my hardest not to eat but I can't shake it.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by mhill0823 : 11-13-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #25
on the way to skinny

mhill, after I work out I generally drink some sort of smoothie or something. I find it filling enough to keep me satisfied, and it's also sweet enough to feel like a treat...so I don't feel deprived.

Riestrella, takeout food is my biggest weakness right now. It's something that I can't ever seem to say no too. I guess it's because I'm always so busy that I don't ever feel like cooking, so when it's offered I just say yes...but still, I need to stop. Soda isn't a big one for me, I find it too sweet...lol. I know what you mean about trying to fit in extra meals around work. i tried 4 meals a day for a while...and I couldn't make it work with my schedule. I have a job where it's easy to snack a bit though, so that helps.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #26

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone!
This is my first BL challenge but, unfortunately, not first go at weight loss.
The quick version of my story...
I'm 28, married (yesterday was our 5 year anniversary but we'be been together for 12!), we have two children - both boys, 3 & 4 years old, we adopted them after they were our foster children for almost a year. I currently work as a therapist working with foster children, adopted children and families BUT tomorrow I am putting in my four week notice. I have accepted a new job that I am super excited about and should be able to help me on my weigh lost journey - they have a workout center on site, I will have routine hours, etc. I have always been bigger than the other girls but I was an athlete through high school and college and that's when I started to gain weight. I also have health issues that impact my weight such as PCOS and digestive issues.

Great to see everyone so chatted and active! Good luck to all of us!

What I'm working on...
Under 220- 6/23/12
Under 210-
Onderland!!!!!-
Complete Warrior Dash (Aug 2012)-
Slowly but surely becoming a healthier version of myself!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
mhill, after I work out I generally drink some sort of smoothie or something. I find it filling enough to keep me satisfied, and it's also sweet enough to feel like a treat...so I don't feel deprived.
Thanks I need to give that a try! I've been looking for Any way out of that feeling without eating back all of the calories I've burned off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nest View Post
Hey everyone!
This is my first BL challenge but, unfortunately, not first go at weight loss.
The quick version of my story...
I'm 28, married (yesterday was our 5 year anniversary but we'be been together for 12!), we have two children - both boys, 3 & 4 years old, we adopted them after they were our foster children for almost a year. I currently work as a therapist working with foster children, adopted children and families BUT tomorrow I am putting in my four week notice. I have accepted a new job that I am super excited about and should be able to help me on my weigh lost journey - they have a workout center on site, I will have routine hours, etc. I have always been bigger than the other girls but I was an athlete through high school and college and that's when I started to gain weight. I also have health issues that impact my weight such as PCOS and digestive issues.

Great to see everyone so chatted and active! Good luck to all of us!
I have PCOS too so I completely understand your struggle! I've done a ton of research these last couple years plus tried out several different things to get around the struggle! Ever need advice just PM me or find me on here! I'm always willing to talk about it!
I'd just like to say I love that you work with foster children and that you adopted, that makes me so incredibly happy inside! I have a feeling that once I am ready I will be adopting because my case of PCOS is making it unlikely to have a successful pregnancy and I'm terrified to try.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #28
on the way to skinny

wow. I've also got PCOS. I haven't done much research, but I was diagnosed at 11 and i've been on hormones ever since. I've been told I won't be able to get pregnant without fertility drugs, and even then it's a very slim chance =/

Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #29

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

My hubby and I had a double whammy when it come to fertility. My PCOS + a testicular tumor (I'm sure he'd be thrilled if he knew I was telling strangers about this! Haha) = no viable fertility options so our plan of fostering once we had a bio kid or two became our primary goal. I must say it has been the best experience ever! The boys couldn't be more "ours" if they had our dna! If you have any questions about it just let me know - I do a lot of training on it and have been in the field for almost 10 years in addition to personal experience with it.

What I'm working on...
Under 220- 6/23/12
Under 210-
Onderland!!!!!-
Complete Warrior Dash (Aug 2012)-
Slowly but surely becoming a healthier version of myself!
nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #30
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

Hey team!
Sorry I haven't posted anything yet but I was out of town this weekend. I'm going to just post my weight tomorrow morning. Anyways I am 24 and am a chemical engineer, this is my first time I have actually been serious about losing weight so I hope we can all keep eachother motivated with the help of this challenge! I think my biggest problems are not just not feeling like working out and making unhealthy choices when I am not eating at home.

ForeverLove's 90 day challenge Nov/Dec/Jan
One for every 10 lb:
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.