20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #166  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Divine - I sense I hit a nerve, and for that I apologise. You've been talking recently like you've been having trouble with eating, that you've been going to a lot of fast food places - I wanted you to realise that you don't need to eat at ANY of those places. If you had been consistent and losing loads of weight and then slipped up once - then I would absolutely say "oh don't worry." But the truth is, you haven't been on plan and you've admitted that, so I'm not going to beat around the bush and say things I don't mean. You should get in the habit of cooking quick meals if time is an issue, not think "oh well, I'll just go to ___ because of this this and this."

I'm not saying that you should be depressed at your choice of meal from McD's, because you're right you could have done a lot worse, I'm saying you should avoid fast food altogether. Because once you're in there, what's stopping you from buying more and more? I think everyone should reflect on their weight gain once in a while and think about why they're not losing weight now if that's the case - and the impression you've given is that you've been eating at fast food places. I was merely trying to persuade you to be anti-fast food, because if you have any sort of connection to these places then you're going to keep walking through those doors.

Instead of defending McDonald's start hating the place and all the other burger places and choose healthy food!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #167  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Riestrella i'm not upset or anything, you didnt really hit a nerve, i am just trying to explain my point of view. It isnt fast food that made me fat...it is a lack of control. By completely cutting out fast food, i would never have to learn that self control. By allowing myself to have it occasionally but making the best choices i can, i can learn self control. Its unrealistic to believe i will never eat it again, and i would rather prepare myself by learning to control that consumption then be put in a situayion where i have no other choice and go crazy because i havent had it and dont know how to handle it.

Yes i have been having trouble with food....but i attributemost of that problem to the fact that i am having trouble caring about my weight, so i dont really care what i eat. The doctor tells me ,y bloodwork comes back normal and i ak healthy. I can still run up stairs and not get winded. I feel beautiful and i feel happy. I just have trouble caring when it seems like my weight is not really negatively affecting me. Yes i feel guilty after i eat the fast food...but that is just becausei know i SHOULD care. My boyfriend just got his first job (he has been looking for years) and so he has money now and is spending it a little bit more freely then he should on junk...but that wont last forever. I am alot less worried about cutting fast food out of my life then i am about finding my motivation again. My ,otivation was getting healthy, but the doctor said i AM healthy....so i am just confused right now. I will figure it out though.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #168  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Divine- I understand what you're saying. Even when I was at my high weight of 320 lbs my bloodwork, blood pressure, everything was fine. It was the thought that it wouldn't always be okay that finally got me motivated. I don't know about you but my family has a history of high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, etc. I knew that even though I was technically "okay" I wasn't going to be that way forever unless things changed.

I also understand about not depriving yourself. As you can see from some of my previous posts it's not what I eat that's the problem. It's my lack of self control and tendency to binge. I count calories and if I want to eat something (whatever it is) I just adjust my calories to allow for it. If I really want a double cheeseburger for dinner I might need to have a super tiny lunch if that means I'm going to be within my calories for the day. I let myself have a piece of good quality chocolate once a day. It's all about making compromises.

Lately I think I look fabulous and since I've been feeling that way I've gone off the wagon more than I care to admit. But it's the realization that if I look this good NOW, I'm gonna be a smoking hot MILF at or around my goal weight.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #169  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Divine - You're currently still quite young, so while it's great that your blood work is good now it's the future you have to worry about. If you feel fine the way you are, then why are you trying to lose weight?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #170  
on the way to skinny

lambiechop - I guess you're right. Maybe thinking more about the future will help me now. First I was losing weight because I wasn't happy. Then I was losing weight to get healthy. Now I need to lose weight to STAY healthy.

Riestrella - I am trying to lose weight because I know that I can be better then I am. I feel that I could be a better girlfriend and a better teacher and because i like living a healthy lifestyle. The only reason I've gained all the weight back that I lost before is because I stopped finding the time to cook and the time to exercise and stuff. I switched to working full time instead of part time and school full time instead of part time and life just got crazy. I was happy because I love my job and school and my boyfriend, so I let myself go. What I forgot is how much I loved living a healthy life as well. I just need to try and get that feeling back again. I'm not doing this for me...not really....I'm doing it so that my future children will have a good example to follow because that is something that I never had. Also, right now I need to lose weight because I don't have many clothes that fit at all. I've got dressers full of pants size 12 to 20...and right now the 20s are tight and i don't have the money for new pants. It sounds bad, but it's true. Most of my cute clothes are size 12 or 14....and i want to fit back into them instead of buying new ones.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #171  

Oh and speaking of children it was soooo much easier being pregnant at 200 lbs with my second than it was being pregnant at 270 with my first. I can't imagine the piece of cake it may have been if I'd have been a "normal" weight. Not to mention the fact that it was much easier to actually get pregnant. Tried for 8 months with my first, got it on the first attempt with my second.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Well ladies... I got paid today so I spent the whole day out paying bills, visiting back home(about an hour away) with my mom and sister, had lunch with my best friend and finally completely finished my Christmas shopping!! Also went and visited with my old coworkers while I was down there, Really miss those girls!
After all of today, my check is gone but I'm happy with everything being paid and accounted for! It's a good feeling! This Saturday I'll be making that hour drive again to go to my grandmothers, we always do our Christmas there the weekend before, so I'm pretty excited! The weather has been weird here this week, like up in the 70s so I am finding it so hard to believe that Christmas is a little over a week away!! Crazy! Usually around this time it's snowing or at least icy and COLD!
I hope everyone is having a good week, I have nothing good to brag for my eating today but no excuses, just know I could have done better at lunch.
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #173  
on the way to skinny

mhill - Yeah, it was 77 degrees here yesterday, and it's supposed to be hotter today. Oh, and Monday it was 45. I absolutely hate living in the south. The weather is way too bipolar for me. It definitely doesn't feel like Christmas....especially because I spent last Christmas in Massachusetts with my grandparents and it was like 20 degrees most of the time, sometimes in the teens. It's hard to call this Christmas after experiencing one like that.

Lambiechop - I hadn't even thought about it like that. You're definitely right. Now I've got some good reasons to get back on track....and that should make it a lot easier.

Well, this morning I was 253. I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad. I felt like everything that I ate at the brazilian steakhouse had a lot of salt though, and I also didn't think I ate that much...I felt like I did really well....so maybe it's just water weight and if I drink a ton of water today it will come off by tomorrow. That is my hope.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #174  

Not a great week but at least I had a loss. I'll take it since last Sunday I was up 2 lbs from last Saturday's weigh in.

My son is officially on his Xmas break now. Hopefully it'll make the time go by quickly. We're not celebrating Xmas until my husband gets home so the next couple of weeks should be pretty low key.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #175  

I've been slacking off seriously the last 3 days on exercise... I think I'm getting sad about having to go back to work on Monday so I've been completely lazy the last couple days soaking it all up!!
I'm about to go weigh in and I'm nervous
Tonight I'm driving back home to do my family Christmas at my grandmothers.. lots of presents, tons of people in the house and looooots of food!
I'm going to still continue to eat well the best I can! I made it through Thanksgiving, I can do this
Then next weekend I do even more with my family! I'm so excited! I can't believe how fast Christmas crept up on us!
Hope everyone has a great weigh in!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #176  

Ladies... You should all check out www.sarahfit.com and her youtube station ... she's got some awesome techniques and is amazing!!
Just my little tidbit for today!!
Hope you have all had a great weekend!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #177  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! Back at work, so life has picked up the pace once again! I also had a Christmas do with my girls in another city and we spent the whole day together. Ate delicious food all day but I think walking around the city for hours on end helped burn it off a little!

Official weigh in this week was 162 lbs - hallelujah! Finally get to mark on my chart a decrease in weight!

I haven't had time to work out the last 3 days, but tomorrow I'm hoping to sneak in an Insanity workout before work. Hope you're all doing well, can't believe it's a week until Christmas! Better start wrapping presents!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #178  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Is this challenge still happening?! o_O Is any one out there?!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #179  
on the way to skinny

I am still here, and I was planning on doing the stats this evening. It's just been a hectic few weeks. Finals finished and I got As in all my classes, but now I'm taking a 3 week long government course. Imagine trying to fit an entire semester of coursework into three weeks. It's freaking rediculous. I've been coming home from work and just working on that. I'm planning on getting it all done the monday after christmas though, since you can work ahead and I don't have to go to work that day....and then I will just be done with it.

I will try and fit in some personals and stuff later. Riestrella is right, the chat thread seems kind of dead though. I hope all you guys are still out there!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #180  

I'm here. Been kind of busy with both kids at home. I can't believe my husband will be back soon! Deployments suck but this time I actually did what I've always said I'd do and lost a significant amount of weight. I'm so happy to reveal his new wife to him. This morning I hit 203! Hoping that I'm going to make my 199 by January 1 goal.