20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default BL Winter Challenge!

I'm just stealing/copy/pasting/editing from KimL1214's post that did the same to Bama Girl's because I agree that it was well explained.

BL Challenge Rules!
Official Rules

Below are the basics of how everything works on the challenge. If you have any questions at any time, just make a reply here, and someone should be able to give you an answer!

If you have not yet signed up, please click HERE. Posting on this thread will not count towards joining the challenge.

Duration

Sign-Ups will officially end at Friday, November 11th at 11:59PM EST. The challenge will run for 6 weeks, starting on Saturday, November 12. Your starting weight will be due by Saturday, November 12th at 11:59 PM in your time zone. The challenge will end on December 24th, with final weights due at 11:59 PM in your time zone. I will post the results ending each week by the following Wednesday (Tuesday if all Team Leaders are on time with their stats). As a general rule, if you miss the deadline to post your weight, it will not count for that week. If you know you won’t be able to post, post early!

Weigh-Ins

Weighing in is the only requirement for staying in the challenge. You can post whenever you would like for the week as long as it is before 11:59PM Saturday night. Team Leaders should post “stats” on Monday, showing how much each person lost for the week, and how much to date the team has lost as a group. If any member misses 3 consecutive weigh-ins, it will be assumed that they are no longer participating in the challenge. If you accidentally miss a weigh in, post that you forgot, and then the weight next to it. You will not count as part of the group loss if it is after the Weigh-in Deadline, but are still in the challenge. It is not fair to those that weighed in on time if we allow others to weigh-in after the deadline. If you decide to "skip" a weigh in due to something (being out of town, being sick, etc...) it’s okay to just post "skipping weigh in because ....". However skipping weigh-in due to falling off plan, "having a bad week", or having TOM is not an acceptable excuse.

Team Leaders

Each team will have a leader. The leader’s responsibilities are basically to keep a running list of active team members, and keep everyone motivated and posting! And also to keep track of everyone’s weigh-ins, and post stats at the end of the weigh in period (post all final weigh-in stats no later then Monday evening each week). Leaders will also be responsible for tracking weight percentages as challenge winners will be decided by percentage of weight lost. How will they do that? For any leaders that are not clear of how to come up with the end of the week stats, I am willing to help any of the Team Leaders-- PM me if you have questions.

How it works is:

Each week, members weigh in, in their team's WI thread.
The leader marks down on the list, who weighed in, and how much they lost.

At the end of the list they total the teams "total weight loss" for the week.

The team leader then posts in the WI the "stats" they have come up with. The formula for % lost is
(Initial-Current)/Initial) * 100= weight loss percentage
And also gives a list of those who did NOT weigh in, if any.

The leader will also post WI stats in the "All Teams Weekly Weigh In" Thread.

Team leaders must keep their week by week lists, so at the end of the challenge we know who lost how much, and how much the team lost as a whole. Also, team leaders keep track of people who did NOT weigh in. If anyone misses 3 consecutive weigh-ins they are automatically assumed to no longer be in the challenge, and their name removed from the list. Please see the weigh-in rules (above) for more information.

Any questions? Just let me know!

Sound good all?

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-01-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Edited to add Link(s)
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #2  

I think you meant to include a hyperlink for signups in this post, but it's not working (for me anyway). I want to sign up...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Sorry about that, FassGal. I tried to do it on my lunch break (I missed a step ). It's up there now though, thanks for mentioning that!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Where do we post our starting weight?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #5  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm a little confused about when to weigh-in. I've gotten into the habit that I WI every Sunday morning. That's how I have it set-up on my personal weight loss calendar. Do I need to adjust that for this challenge?
Closed Thread