20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #31  

We moved a month ago, and now we're finally settled enough to have just joined a gym on Monday. So, I'm making better choices and getting back on track (and feeling really good -- I always feel great when I'm weightlifting), but I'm pretty sure with all the inflammation and muscle soreness, it probably won't look pretty on the scale. Hopefully I'll play catch up over the next couple weeks.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #32  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

divine- YAY FOR GOING ANYWAY

brown- AHAHAHAH I need my eyes checked when I first read your post I read butter choices and I was like WHAAAATTT?!?!!?!

Was finally down .6 or .8 today depening on how you look at it. Hopefully this continues this week EEEK
Old 08-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #33  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

SMS- you're right. I still got up and went to the gym, and I did finish all my water yesterday....so that's two things I did right. I just need to focus less on the negative and more on the positive so that I don't let little slip ups turn into 45 pounds gained back.

today, i'm doing alright I guess. I'm on plan except I had another chocolate chip muffin, but i'm going to go to the gym later and work it off....and it WAS really tiny and she made it with fat free milk and butter...so maybe it wasn't all that bad. I just had an awful chocolate craving. I need to go buy some more weight watchers fudgesicles. Those always helped with my sweet tooth before...

I figured out how to do crunches in the pool yesyerday! Omg i'm so excited. I have never been able to do crunches because I have a bad back and laying on hard surfaces is super uncomfortable...but in the pool it didn't even hurt! I got up to 100 of them...and I swear I could feel my core muscles engaged for the first time in my life. I always heard people talk about your core, but I never really understood until yesterday. I think i've found a new favorite exercise.

the trial membership will be over on the 15th...but that's okay. I am for sure going to get a membership...but I am going to wait until the beginning of september, after I get paid again and after they take out my gallbladder. I never knew how much fun exercising in a pool could be....and it doesn't hurt my feet (i've had 3 foot surgeries) and my back (i have sculliosis or however you spell it) or my knees or anything! YAY =)

today I will...
drink all my water
do at least 100 crunches in the pool
NOT get fast food.
do some cardio
Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #34  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey team! Sorry I've disappeared for a little bit. I'm finally on vacation for a few weeks but had quite a bit to do before leaving on Tuesday. I did pretty well on Tuesday but yesterday was pretty much a food orgy. Not very good. It wasn't that I sat down and just consumed a lot of food, I just grazed and grazed on fabulous food all evening, until it added up to like 3000+ calories! And I mean that without exaggeration. I actually toted it up. It's mortifying. Anyway today has been a lot better. It's a new day and I'm 100% on plan. Unfortunately I'm dreaming of some of yesterdays welcome party food. Thank goodness for this challenge right now because each time I'm tempted I just think of the challenge and not letting the side down. I brought my scale on holiday with me, however, I dare not yet check my weight till Sunday by which time hopefully the damage will be undone. I try to keep reminding myself that yesterday was only 1 day out of so many good ones and every minute is another opportunity to make good decision and change the past.

KittyKat: Sorry about your break up!!! Stay strong! Be kind to yourself. Now more than ever, you deserve to be happy and healthy so treat yourself right and don't undo all the progress you've made.

DF: yay about finding a gym you like. Swimming is supposed to be like the most efficient exercise because of all the water resistance and card and all that good stuff. I wish I were good in the water. All I can do is save myself from drowning, I generally suck otherwise. But one of the things I want to do is work on that at some point. I like your list of four major goals to accomplish in the day. I'll borrow that.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
divine- YAY FOR GOING ANYWAY

brown- AHAHAHAH I need my eyes checked when I first read your post I read butter choices and I was like WHAAAATTT?!?!!?!

Was finally down .6 or .8 today depening on how you look at it. Hopefully this continues this week EEEK
I'm down with butter choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post

I figured out how to do crunches in the pool yesyerday! Omg i'm so excited. I have never been able to do crunches because I have a bad back and laying on hard surfaces is super uncomfortable...but in the pool it didn't even hurt! I got up to 100 of them...and I swear I could feel my core muscles engaged for the first time in my life. I always heard people talk about your core, but I never really understood until yesterday. I think i've found a new favorite exercise.
Crunches shouldn't be done on the floor or hard surfaces, anyway. They should be done on something like a swiss ball for a full range of motion.

ETA: I've also read some not-so-conventional wisdom that we shouldn't be doing crunches anyway. That said, I do them (on a swiss ball.) Interesting, though.

Last edited by Brown; 08-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #36  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! I've been reading some posts here, and I see there are lots of sad pandas. But guess what? Pandas are lazy and sort of fail at living. We are strong women! You girls better get watching this video and feeling the motivation!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U

If you haven't done cardio in a while but can't face the gym, then stick on some of your favourite songs and dance like it's 1999.

Been hitting the 177 lbs mark this week, hoping for a loss this weekend!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #37  
on the way to skinny

Okay, so I'm not so sure how well my plan is working. I think that maybe my 4 small meals a day need to be smaller....and I think that I'm not understanding the true nutritional value of the foods i'm eating.

I think I need to start counting again, just for a while. I'm thinking about going back to the weight watchers points plus system or whatever. I've used the flex points before, so the new system should work too right? I wouldn't be paying for it, just doing it at home by myself....and that would help me get back into the groove. I'm going to finish off this week doing what I have been doing, and then when I get paid on Monday I'll be able to go to the grocery store and plan out meals with WW points in mind...and I think that will be a lot easier for me to stick to. This whole not counting thing...it's nice...and I HAVE been eating healthy food and drinking a lot more water....but I just keep eating too MUCH of the healthy food, and then the scale goes up and I get discouraged.

Anyways...I'll be off to the gym in just a little bit. I've got a couple of things to do first. =D

EDIT: I ended up not being able to go to the gym. My dad needed the car. Oh well, I probably needed a rest day anyways. I'll go again tomorrow! Oh, and I'm seriously fighting the urge to binge right now. I think I already ate too much today (although I'm not sure because I've purposefully been trying not to focus so much on counting calories meticulously)....and so binging would be very very very bad. It doesn't help that my little sister has all this cookie dough laying around....and she keeps making muffins...and cakes....and it just sits there on the counter calling my name. I'm trying SO HARD to resist...but I don't know if I can =/

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 08-11-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I see there are lots of sad pandas. But guess what? Pandas are lazy and sort of fail at living.
Pandas also don't mate enough.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hope everyone is having a good weight loss week. I have been so busy but I am still here. I am down for the week but only because I have been so busy I keep forgetting to eat.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #40  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

hi girls!

I've not lost any weight the past few days, and I went to the gym only 2 times and ran 2 times in the past 5 days. However, it seems like my measurements, especially on my legs went down quite a bit. Is that even possible or did I screw up with measuring the last time?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #41  
on the way to skinny

You could have been swollen or bloated the last time you measured philana....or something? idk for sure, it's just a guess. That or maybe you did it wrong. I don't know. Just be glad that you're measurements went down =D

I'm down to 243.2, and I plan on NOT going back up again. NO more cookie dough and NO more chocolate chip muffins. At least for a while ><
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #42  
say what?

Divine - I must have screwed up yeh, though.. I also did them at night the last time, and today in the morning. That might make a difference? I really just want to tattoo the exact spot I use to circumference because I don't know for sure if I am doing it at the same place either. lol. Congrats on the loss! And yeh, NO MORE of that carby stuff :P. I am such a sucker for carbs, gonna try and do low-carbing for a bit here because my feeling of hunger is really much less when I eat less carbs and way more proteine.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #43  
on the way to skinny

well so far i'm doing alright. One of the moms made me red velvet cake balls. She stood there and watched me eat one, and then I ended up eating one more with lunch, but I gave the other 8 away to a coworked. They were soooo good, but I know if I had kept them I would have eaten them all at once...so I gave them away. I think I can fit two into my calories today, so i'm just going to eat a little less for the rest of the day and hope that they don't hurt me too much.

i'm working in the baby room again today, and we just put them down for their nap. Once they were all asleep I filled up my 64oz water bottle and started doing bicept (sp?) curls with it. Now my arms are sore, but that's a good thing. Lol. In about an hour I get off work, and i'll go get my allergy shots, and then go home. I will go to the gym tonight...but i'm not sure when. I'm going to try and convince my boyfriend to go try the aqua fit class at 9:00am saturday with me. It should be fun I would think....but he's not the best swimmer and he's shy, so idk if he'll go...

EDIT: I did end up going to the gym....so that's good. I feel like I did accomplished a lot at the gym today...and I even did 200 pool crunches to make up for the 100 that i didn't get to do yesterday. lol. I think I did okay with what I was eating today, except I might have had a bit too much sodium and I might see some water retention from that. Hopefully though, it will go back down by Sunday. I'm not expecting a big loss this week, especially because I've been gaining and losing so much....but hopefully my weight will either be the same or be a loss. Next week though, I'm getting serious. I'm going to go back to meticulously tracking what I'm eating (this "just eat healthier" thing isn't working for me), and they'll actually be taking out one of my organs next Friday, so maybe that will make me weigh less? LOL.

It seems like everyone has been really busy. Hopefully we're all still on track to becoming the biggest losers! =D

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 08-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #44  
say what?

YAY! Good news, I am back on track! So, 2 weeks ago I fell off the wagon a bit. Nothing major, but it just kept me stuck at 142/143 for 2 weeks. In the 3 weeks before that I had actually lost 13lbs! So guess it's good I got stuck for a tiny bit. Now that I am back on plan again for 2days, I already went down 1.5lbs! So if I keep this up I am pretty sure I can loose about 10lbs in the next few weeks
Old 08-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #45  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Last chance workouts start NOW!!!! gla!
Closed Thread