3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #121

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

takingcontrol: Thanks! It's been a rough morning, but otherwise I'm doing well. It is nice to see other teammates! My background on my computer is a picture of daisies..in honor of our team. Congrats on your weight loss!

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #122
I will make time!!!

lostangel05-WOOOOAHHHH! Right back at you! We ARE the biggest loser team. Why? Becuase we are just so damn good. and why has it been a rough morning?

summershine- *sends lots of whooshes* *sends more* =D Oh, I didn't know you are doing it too! Yes I started it for this challenge, by accident though. Yay! You feel my pain! Let's feel the burn (that goes for everyone...you guys wont let me feel the burn alone will you? ) Everyone:"**** no!" haha me: damn straight foo!

takingcontrol-Your very welcome. Yeah, I know what you mean. I remind myself of that all the time. I want to eat healthy for this rest of my life-I want to continue on being healthy. So when I had that frozen yogart sure I was irked, but I just reminded myself, 'it's ok. Your going to mess up sometimes for the rest of your life. It's fine, no big deal. Just learn to treat yourself here and there and you'll still reach your goals, and be stronge. It's a lifestyle.' Also congrats on your weight loss!!! It's like a sign saying you have already accomplished so much, keep going you can do anything with your will power.

Cease the day guys! Let's see some losses!

May Goal: Exercise 4 time a week and measure myself!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-15-2011 at 11:21 PM.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:26 AM   #123

My morning was rough because my mom was just in a really poor mood. My step-dad's father might be in his last days so it's having a toll on both him and my mom. I didn't get to know my step-dad's father because he has been in the nursing home since before my mom married my step-dad, but I hate to see my step-dad go through that. Last year was rough for us. Lost my grandpa, an uncle, my other grandpa had open heart surgery and then found out he had prostate cancer. What a mess. Hoping for a change in luck sometime this year.

But, on a lighter note, got a text from my ex today. He lives all the way in Mississippi while I live in Colorado. He said he heard, even from way down there, that I had been losing weight. He said I must be doing well for him to hear about it and congrats.

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #124

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

That's hilarious about your ex, takingcontrol!

I'm still stuck at 165.6, so I guess it's time for me to get really serious. I'm gonna be down at least two before the weigh in come **** or high water!
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #125

Oh hey team. Sorry I haven't been posting and missed the first weigh-in. I was away for spring break and had no access to a scale. I did weight myself when I got back and I didn't gain any weight! I ate a whole lot, but I did a lot of walking as well so I managed to maintain pretty well. I will DEFINITELY be more involved now that midterms and the traveling part of break is over (I still have 5 days left). Great job team!

Starting Weight: 280
Minigoal #1- 260
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #126
I will make time!!!

lostangel05-I'm sorry about your family. I hope everything will be all right with your step-dad's dad. On the light side, that's fun to hear from an ex, right?

For me...well, long stroy short I had to walk home for about 50-60 minutes. I was starving when I got home. I overate on healthy foods. I inhaled an apple, then made two eggs, had a yogart while I was watching my eggs, later had two pieces of bread with peanutbutter, then a small salad. I ate all of these things quickly right when I got home. Then I ate two whole-grain crackers and a lick of honey oh and almost half of a canalope. Then another egg and another apple. Few, that seems a lot but the only thing I had for breakfast was two pieces of bread and my whey protien drink, I didn't get home until 3:20 and had breakfast at 6:50 am. The good news is I'm fine for my calories for the day, but I can't eat anything else. My body was and is just tired and low on energy so I kept eating and I just was not happy. But I don't think I was bad, just ate to much at once.

Kind of frustrated with my scale. Still 138.6, I'm doing good and see results in my body. So I hope to see a loss for this weigh-in, becuase I'm on track. Hoping for 138! At least! And I would really like to see a whoosh after my tom thats coming up, I think pre-tom is the reason I'm not seeing a change. But very hopeful anyway to see a loss for Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-16-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #127
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

SnowWolf~ Maybe it was a bit much at once, but at least you ate all good foods!

chloekinsicle~ How was your break? Great job not gaining any weight while gone!

kariatari~ What's your plan for craziness to boost your weight loss? Yeah, the snow was pretty crazy last week, but most of it is gone now! Lots of water everywhere, but I'm loving the 45 degree weather. Most of us are walking around in T-shirts!

lostangel05~ I hope things are going better for your family! That's awesome that your ex sent you that text!

takingcontrol~ Congrats on being over half way!!!

summershine~ I've gotta look Turbofire up! How long is the challenge?

maenad~ Have you tried a different scale since then?

southernbelle102 & lackadaisy ~ How are you doing?

Nienna~ Funny story, I just got another dog! Haha, she's 4 months old and should be right between the mini poodle and husky size wise... My bus said I need to get a Mastiff now, so that I have a dog of every size...

Thursday Question~ Are you a calorie counter or do you follow some kind of diet?

I am currently following Weight Watchers, although I'm struggling a bit trying to learn all the new points to everything as I had them all pretty much memorized before they did the big switch.

I'm almost completely moved in, which will free up so much more time for me to focus on myself! I sublocated my knee a couple days while moving stuff, so I'm slowly working my way up to being able to get around. I did get another dog, she's 4 months old and a boxer, lab, chihuahua(??!!) Mix! She's amazing and adorable, and I'm hoping she's gonna be a permanent addition, but I have to wait and see how well she gets along with my poodle as he is king! My roommate and I picked her up Monday night when we got a call that someone was going to leave the puppy in the woods if they didn't find a home for it soon. My sister does animal rescue, and I've alerted her of the new pup, just in case she doesn't work out in my home. My sister said she already has three families interested and would set up interviews with us so we can meet the people ahead of time if we decide not to keep her.

Almost Friday!!!

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl...
**Mini Goals**SW:286.6 1/1/13
**5%(272.2) 1/20/13**10%(258)**Big #! 249**15%(243.6)**50lbs.(236.6)**20%(229.4)**25%(21 5.0)**OneDerland (199.9)**Big #! 190**100lbs.(186.6)** Big #! 179**40%(172.2)**125lbs.(161.6)**45%(157.8)**GOAL 150**
Red = Goal Reached

June Exercise Challenge: 90/1300 Minutes
One for every 5lbs.

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #128

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Kim, your new doggie pal sounds adorable! Will you post some pics for us to ooh and ahh over? I love dogs and can't wait until the day I can finally get one! (Probably not until the FI gets out of school - right now both of our schedules are crazy!)

My plan right now is to strictly limit carbs. South Beach Phase 1. I have been letting myself cheat with with dark chocolate, beer, nights out with friends (where I pretty much eat about anything) and some Wheat Thins I have stashed in the pantry. NO MORE CHEATING! (Ok, so I did let myself have 4 pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate with some walnuts and milk today. But I was in dire need of a chocolate fix!) So far it's working well, but I've got two nights out with friends coming up (and a date night tonight!) so I've gotta put my Super Scary Gameface on. No drinks other than red wine and nothing to eat other than veggies, meat or cheese. HOOAH!

Last edited by kariatari; 03-17-2011 at 04:34 PM.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #129

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

I am back from a week long retreat and am happy to report that I am down to 239 as of todays weighin!! That is a loss of 8 lbs this week. I ate clean on the retreat, walked a TON and worked out a lot. I m so sore but the whoosh FINALLY came!!

Yay!

Current BMI: 23.8, % of weight lost: 51.32%
Start 380 lbs, size 30+: Now 185 lbs, size 12
Start date 7/1/10 "A year from now you'll be glad you started today."
1: 10% weight loss (down 38lbs)8/16/10
2: 50 lb weight loss9/2/10
3: Out of 300s11/6/10
4: 100 lb weight loss12/9/10
5: Overweight BMI (233 lbs) 4/20/11
6: Onederland!11/4/11
7: Goal: Normal BMI (194 lbs)1/7/2012

Last edited by southernbelle102; 03-20-2011 at 02:39 AM.
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #130

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

EDIT:

A big sorry to those who were subjected to my long and horrid rant. I'm disappointed that I gained weight and acted with so little control this past week, but I shan't go blaming it on my holiday or my rather dysfunctional romantic entanglements with other people. Anyhow, I feel loads better after I drank my morning coffee!

This week will be much better. I am going to get everything back on track, starting with my apartment, which is currently a huge, disgusting mess.

Kim, very cool about the new dog! I love animals and hope that someday I'll own enough property to keep a small menagerie. Your sister's work with animal rescue sounds very nice, as well. I hope that your knee continues to get better.

and Southernbelle, AWESOME on the weight loss! You go, girl!

Long Term Goal

Last edited by Nienna; 03-20-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #131
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Hello Everyone,

Well, the last half of last week got a bit crazy here, think realisation finally hit home that I'm leaving here very soon, so got all busy in sorting out my stuff, the house, and stuff at work, so didn't have much chance to post.

SouthernBelle WOW! Well done! That's amazing, the retreat sounds like such a cool thing, well done you

Nienna Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it at the moment. Sounds like you're on a proper emotional rollercoaster, hope it all calms down for you soon.

So I'm 2.1lb down this week, which I'm pretty happy with given my birthday off plan time at the beginning of the week, and an accidental drunken night last night, which I'm really suffering for today (and just ate cake, whoops!) That's it now though, back on plan for a fully on plan week I hope. Getting so close to the UK, it's making it much easier to keep going with such a huge goal.

I've finally plucked up the courage to move my exercise regime to the running track, outdoors, rather than in the house. I'm finding it so much harder to run there than at home, and have decided to re do week 5 of C25K next week, and really hope I can beat the mental barrier and just do it.

I'm really going to ramp up the exercise this week, on top of the jogging, I'm going to try and do an hour or something everyday, be it strength or cardio I don't mind, just really need to get on it now. Soooooo, hoping for a whooosh next week please! I'd love to go home 80kg, and right now I'm 85kg, so if I'm going to make it, I've gotta have a good loss next week.

As for my plan, it's just a homemade 'diet' whereby I'm cutting out all the crap, using portion control and making better choices. When I get nearer goal and back to the UK I might have to start counting the calories, but for now, just eating healthier is working well.

Had a great moment last night, after a few vodkas at home, my housemate and I decided to hit the town, I'm having a wardrobe dilemma just now, with everything being too big, it's great, but really annoying! So, my skinny housemate was like, wear this dress, giving me her dress, I didn't want to try it on cos I knew it wouldn't fit, but she insisted it was a loose fit n I should try. I put it on, n it looked great! N the excitement of being able to share and swap clothes was sooooooo cool, I love the new me in the making

Good luck to everyone weighing in today, I hope everyone's well x

Daily weigh ins, planned meals, controlled treats and alcohol and a more active, positive outlook on my lifestyle. Could this finally be the recipe for success?!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #132
I will make time!!!

Hi everyone. I'd just like to apoligize for doing badly this week. I didn't know what was with me, kind of depressed about it. I let down my team and myself. But, I'm never going to let myself down ever again, that's a promise. Anyway, I wish everyone a happy day and a awesome weigh-in. I was in second place last week too! *grrr* I'm sorry guys.

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-20-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #133

Oy vey. I am having one of the worst TOMs ever- horrible cramps, tired all the time, and (of course) I am up about 4-6 pounds. I hope that doesn't screw up our numbers too much. It should come off pretty quickly in a few days (I hope). I can't wait to get my IUD.

Starting Weight: 280
Minigoal #1- 260
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #134

I spent most of this week going through the tons of stuff in our "junk" room for the yard sale. So, I'm happy that I stayed in the 197s. Next week will be way better!

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:20 AM   #135

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Thanks guys! Hope everyone who is struggling this week has a great week next week!!

Current BMI: 23.8, % of weight lost: 51.32%
Start 380 lbs, size 30+: Now 185 lbs, size 12
Start date 7/1/10 "A year from now you'll be glad you started today."
1: 10% weight loss (down 38lbs)8/16/10
2: 50 lb weight loss9/2/10
3: Out of 300s11/6/10
4: 100 lb weight loss12/9/10
5: Overweight BMI (233 lbs) 4/20/11
6: Onederland!11/4/11
7: Goal: Normal BMI (194 lbs)1/7/2012
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote