3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #106

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

SnowWolf - I noticed that one of your goals is to "get port of Subs" do you mean the sub sandwich place? Are you in Reno, or do they have Port Of Subs in other areas of the states?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #107
I will make time!!!

@maenad- No, not in Reno. haha, yes the sandwich place. You know the cards they give you to get stamped everytime you buy a sub? I have an old one and I can get a free sub. It's kind of silly but being low on money I thought it would be a fun way to celibrate that goal. I think they have port of subs all over the state and in other states as well.

Hope everyone is having a good saturday! Be productive!

May Goal: Exercise 4 time a week and measure myself!
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #108
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

The results are in 3.4lb down That's 6.7lb in the last two weeks, I love it Just hoping I can keep this rate up for my last four week push before I go home!

This weigh in has broken the 190lb barrier, I'm now 189.5, but I'll take that. It has put me in the overweight category, no longer obese WHOOOOOP!

I'm also about to go out for an afternoon at the pool wearing a 12-14 top (UK size) in Jan I was fluctuating between 16 and 18's, my waist is disappearing, now I just need my thighs and arms to catch up!

Gonna go off plan today and tomorrow slightly, but I have to report everything I eat, so I'm still accountable, and I still have to exercise. THen on Tues it's straight back on the band wagon for 5 on plan days before next weeks weigh in!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, sending whoooshes out to all of you

Daily weigh ins, planned meals, controlled treats and alcohol and a more active, positive outlook on my lifestyle. Could this finally be the recipe for success?!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #109

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Yes! 196.8 this morning!

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #110
I will make time!!!

takingcontrol- Whoop!! Congrats on the loss this week! Keep doing amazingly great!

lostangel05-Congrats on going pass that 197! Keep going!! Keep it up!

Yay! I'm happy with my weight loss this week, down -3 lbs at 138.6. =D @takingcontrol, I am waiting for my thighs, butt, and legs to catch up also. It's really irriating me I don't want to get muscular I want a nice sleak elequent degree of tone-ness. I'll just keep going and eventually I'll start to lose more fat in those areas, right? They are the areas I want to lose fat the most. I want to be able to stand without my thighs touching!

Anyway team lets keep kicking some grass lets have huge whooshes next week!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-13-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #111

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Congrats on your losses, SnowWolf, takingcontrol and lostangel! I've still got to post my weight on the board, I'm excited to see everyones losses!

Kim, your pics are nasty! The worst winter chore is scooping cars out of parking lots. Ew. I was just wondering yesterday why I didn't have my patio furniture out yet, and then today the 33 degree high reminded me of why. March is such an evil b*tch like that! Sorry to hear about your less than gourmet conference food. At my school we have a teacher potluck where everyone tries to outdo eachother. The big hits this year were chocolate chip cheesecake bars, buffalo chicken dip and crockpot fajitas. (No wonder I struggled with losing this week!)

In response to your question, I'm more of an after work kinda girl. Although, on the weeknds I prefer to get it out of the way before noon.

Last edited by kariatari; 03-13-2011 at 07:24 PM.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #112

Argh, birthday's and weight loss don't go well together! I gave myself a treat day yesterday, and ended up eating normal cereal and yogurt breakfast with some cantaloupe melon. Then for lunch I had this amazing Thai dish I've been missing so much, tempura green veg (don't know it's name in English!) With an amazing prawn, squid, minced pork and general spicy richness sauce. I then had a couple of beers at the pool, and swam 12 lengths! Went round to a friends house and ate a bacon and mozzarella melt, some salt and vinegar crisps (divine!) had some vodkas with soda and orange juice, and then a couple more beers with some sushi later.

This morning I had a bacon and egg sandwich on wholemeal bread cooked by my lovely housemate, for lunch I had a beef stirfry dish with rice. I also had some crab sticks and low fat mayo for a snack, and for dinner I plan to have a small portion of fried fish with salad with half dressing and a fruit smoothie. I'm also off for a birthday run later, first time taking the programme outside, eeekkkk! I've been drinking sooooo much water today, well dehydrated after all the alcohol yesterday! I'm pretty pleased with the lack of cake and that I didn't go completely mental, and that I'm well ready to be back on track tomorrow. By my next birthday, I WILL be a skinny chick lol

Here's to a great week everyone, lets kick *** x

Daily weigh ins, planned meals, controlled treats and alcohol and a more active, positive outlook on my lifestyle. Could this finally be the recipe for success?!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #113

taking control: sounds like fun! happy birthday!

196.4 this morning!

Going to have a yard sale this weekend. Time for some spring cleaning!

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

Last edited by CurryMama; 03-14-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #114

Oh dear, had a great couple of days, but, now the scale results are in, 2KG, 4.4lb heavier this morning than on Sunday morning, whoops!

Hoping that some of that is water weight, and that with a good OP 5 days I can lose that 2kg and some more, we'll see!

Had a really good run at the track last night, so much better (and harder!) than running at home! I set off wayyyyyy too quickly, and half way through my 8 min run was dying, but managed to finish it. On the second one though, I was exhausted, so I had to break it down into two fours with an interval. So, I'm back to the track on Weds to re do this day again, fingers crossed!

Snowwolf Congrats on your loss Hope your legs and bum are looking how you want them to soon!

Lostangel Thank you! N congrats on losing again, yippeeee! Hope the yard sale goes well, I've started slowly but surely going through all my stuff here and throwing out/putting for charity/giving to friends SOOO much. I'm leaving with 20kg baggage allowance and right now I've got a houseful! 4 weeks to go, really need to start getting everything sorted!

Have a great week everyone x

Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #115

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Slight problem: I didn't weigh in this week.

I usually got to the gym on Monday mornings to use the scale since I don't have one at home. However, I couldn't go yesterday so I didn't weigh in. Last night I went to a friends house and noticed a scale in the hall so I hopped on thinking that could be my weigh in. I was 3 kilos (6.5 pounds) heavier than last week. So my guess is it's just that the cheapy scale is off. (maybe it was in the hall to get thrown out? I do remember seeing a bunch of stuff piled on it last week when I was there, that can't be good for a scale) I couldn't have gained that much weight this past week, I had a really on track one, I was expecting a lose for sure.

So I was really upset for a minute, but have calmed down and know that I just need to stick to the same scale for weigh-ins. I won't have a weigh-in this week because I am so late, but will have one next week!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #116
I will make time!!!

kariatari-thank you.^_^

takingcontrol-Hey, it is your b-day!!! I'm sorry I was so focused on being supportive in a weight-loss-sort-of-way that my brain died and I forgot to say:....!!! Im glad you had an awesome day! and HIGH-5 to being the skinny chick on the next b-day! AMEN to that! and just one more and have faith in yourself, this is a life style your fallowing here so just keep going, keep pushing! You can do it! and thank you. Dido.

lostangel05- Great job girlie! Keep up that steady weight loss. I hope to do the same. And I hope you make some mulla (sp?) with the yard sale. That's coming up for me also.

maenad-Stupid cheapy scales. I bet you'll have a great lose for the next one. Keep staying stronge and on track. Go kick some butt!

hmmm, I can tell TOM is coming upon be soon. I really hope next week becuase this Thursday is Broadway Memories for theatre and I don't want to have my period, I did last time. I just pray God will not bless me with it this week. Um, also I've noticed I get kind of snacky right before my TOM and want to just eat, I had to fight that urge today. I'm very proud of myself. Even though last night I hade some frozen yogart and today I had the rest of it...it isn't that bad, but I felt fluffy and gross...and I wanted to just eat more stuff instead of doing my Turbofire. But then right when I just wanted to give up and go for a walk my mom told me to just do it( kind of embarressed to admit that, but still in high school as a senior). I thought about it. I didn't come this fare for nothing. I could just push myself. I grumbled over and...guess what? I did the whole 45 minutes! sure laking a little intensity and energy but I was pushing and huffing and sweeting, then did the 10 minture streach class. I am so proud of myself right now. Plus I learned an importent lesson: Mind over matter. I learned that I have to like that pain. That I can go harder. Next time I'm going all out I'm goint to die. And I'm going to like it. Maybe I'll cuse in my head...or picture beating someone up...or picture my best body in a bikini or my graduation dress. Either way I've made up my mind that I'm going to be in pain, becuase I CAN go there. It's all in my head. And one more thing I AM NOT going to let my pre-tom and tom effect me with any of this. It's not an excuse, I'm determined and it's not going to get in my way! Also another thing is I think I'm having to much fat in my diet. Ex: Putting I can't believe it's not butter on my pan for eggs and on my toast.

Ok guys, let's kick our own butts! So we can kick the other team's butt! hehehe...let's win! But more importently, let's all be the BIGGEST LOSER!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-15-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #117

Wooo yea! Biggest Loser team right here! hehe

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #118
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

silly TOM is silly. Hopefully next week or the week after are more whooshy for me

Woooooo Turbofire twins SnowWolf ! Did you start for the challenge like I did, or have you been doing it for a while?

Anyone else doing turbo fire? =D

Binge Free for 0 Days (and counting!) (score to beat: 16!)
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #119

Maenad Those scales are sure to be way out of whack, just save all your weight loss up for a great figure next week The change in scales is actually something really bothering me, when I go home, I hope my UK scales read the same as my Thai scales, or it'll completely mess up last weeks weigh in, in fact, not sure it'll even be fair for me to weigh in that week. Will wait and see what the difference is first I guess!

Snow wolf Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a great day, and you're so right, we've got to be realistic about this 'dieting' if it's really going to be a forever lifestyle type thing.

Well done on getting through your workout, mind over matter is by far and away the hardest thing for me. I've got sooo much better since seeing the results though, now I know that keeping on going even when I want to give up really makes a huge difference, and that works, most of the time! Hope TOM doesn't arrive until after your theatre.

Lostangel Hope you're having a good day, I love seeing you and the team banner popping up on a few of the other threads I read!

Summershine Sending a huge whoosh your way (and keeping one for myself, I'm going to need it this week!)

OK well, getting back OP has been a little hard today, but not as bad as I feared. I've been very lazy with the exercising, just doing about 10 mins strength training on my arms. But tbh, cardio is by far and away my main focus for the next month, and I only want to do that every other day, so there will be a few more 'quiet' days in my exercise routine, which I have to use to start sorting my life out for the big move home!

If I get on OK running on the track tomorrow, I'll do a workout DVD on Thurs and then jog again on Friday. If tomorrow kills my legs, I might sit out the video on Thurs and just do my jogging this week until my legs get more used to track running, we'll see!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #120

Forgot to say, I had a great moment today when I found my medical certificate from last May, and my weight on there was 103kg which is 227lb. So since last May I've lost 38lb, so I'm over half way there! 38 down 35.5 to go

Although, I have no idea if that goal weight will stick, I guess we'll see when I get closer to it! Yippeeeeeee!