3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #91

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Congrats on your victories, takingcontrol and lostangel!

I'm really dreading the weigh-in...it's TOM, I was at home and stuffed with food last weekend, this week I have 3 nights of parent/teacher conferences, and next weekend is a St. Patty's party. I've completely fallen off the wagon and if I stay where I am right now at the weigh-in...well...it won't be pretty. :S

*Deep Breath*

I'm hoping now to just get down to my starting weight.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #92
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Kristilynn -- congrats!!

I turned in my undergraduate thesis today. Didn't proofread it and i'm SURE there are terrible parts. BUT I FINISHED IT. I'm so happy. I've was off-plan (maybe 1900 calories a day) for two days in the final stretch because I just refused to count or deprive myself of carbs while (1) not sleeping (2) writing ~2000 words a day, so I've shot up two pounds, which is terrible -- but I know that's not "real" fat so I'm determined to work it off by the end of the week.

Today was ok calorie-wise - two mini Clif bars (100 each), small veg panini sandwich (250), half chocolate bar (100). Ran about twenty minutes and bought some amazing Cole Haan leather pumps for $10 at a consignment shop Not too hungry so I'll have a small dinner and crash -- I've slept so little in the past two weeks even I can't believe it.

... It is never too late to be what you might have been.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #93

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Takingcontrol, I’m also teaching English! I teach at a primary school in the Eastern part of Finland, and I’ve just extended my work contract for another year. Your work situation sounds a bit frustrating at the moment; I hope your coworkers start pulling a bit more of the weight so that you can spend some time on other things. What exercises are you planning other than c25k?

Chantelle, congratulations on your jog!

Kim, I’m feeling much better today, thanks. I think I’ve kicked the stomach bug. Actually, I’m not sure that it was a bug. It’s possible that I may have eaten some very old eggs. Might be time to clean out the fridge!

Kristilinn, I’m sorry about the troubles in your family, but congratulations on the job offer! That’s amazing!

Kariatari, good luck with the parent/teacher conferences and the St. Patty’s day party. Just hang in there and get back on plan and you’ll be down to your start weight again soon. Sending lots of good thoughts and encouragement your way!

Daisy, congrats on turning your thesis in! You must feel relieved. I hope that you’re able to get some much-deserved rest now! Those shoes sound great, by the way.

So I’m thinking that I don’t entirely understand weight loss. I overindulged with some wine last night (which unfortunately also led to a rather regrettable Facebook exchange with London lover-boy) and was rather dreading the scale this morning. So what’s up with the 2+ pound whoosh? Maybe I’m just really dehydrated or something. It certainly doesn’t make sense that I would lose weight after drinking. I’ll take it, though, and hope that it sticks!

Long Term Goal
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #94

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Hey everyone! Sorry I am not very active this challenge!! It has been a very busy week! I hope you are all doing well

I am leaving for a trip out of town on Friday so I am going to go ahead and post my current weight for this weeks weigh in so that if I can't get to a computer on Sunday, at least there is a weight logged for me.

Have a great rest of your week!

Current BMI: 23.8, % of weight lost: 51.32%
Start 380 lbs, size 30+: Now 185 lbs, size 12
Start date 7/1/10 "A year from now you'll be glad you started today."
1: 10% weight loss (down 38lbs)8/16/10
2: 50 lb weight loss9/2/10
3: Out of 300s11/6/10
4: 100 lb weight loss12/9/10
5: Overweight BMI (233 lbs) 4/20/11
6: Onederland!11/4/11
7: Goal: Normal BMI (194 lbs)1/7/2012

Last edited by southernbelle102; 03-10-2011 at 03:57 AM.
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #95
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Chantelle, go you on the running It just shows not everyone needs to use the programme to succeed. I've no idea how fast I jog, I don't even really care, but tonight I did 10 mins straight as part of my normal workout day (non C25K day) and it was great, I'm actually finding myself wanting to run now, NEVER thought that'd happen!

KimL1214 Hope the snow clears up soon, when do you normally expect spring where you are?

Kristilinn13 So sorry to hear about your bad news, I hope your sister is doing OK, and that you get to go n see your gran x
Great news about the interview, when is it? Will have my fingers crossed

Kariatari Sounds like you've been busy! Don't be hard on yourself about falling off the wagon, just get straight back on there and you'll do great, if not this week, then next week.

Lackadaisy Congrats on getting your papers handed in, YEAH! Well done for being realistic about diet during this stressful time, you'll be back on track in no time I'm sure!

Nienna Your weight loss is making me want wine soooo bad lol FB is evil when drunk ey? I do C25k three days a week, swim on Sundays and then try to do cardio or strength training most other days. Since being on this challenge, I've felt so much more motivated to exercise daily, and I can really feel the results. Your teaching job sounds great, if I don't get accpeted on MA TESOL programme for this October, I'm going to look to work in Europe next.

SouthernBelle have a great weekend away

Well, day four of being perfectly on plan here, this challenge is working wonders for me! Hoping to see a nice drop on the scales in the next day or so now TOM is over. I've worked so hard at the exercise the last couple of weeks, and got way more consistent with my eating, I think I deserve a 4 week whoooosh before I'm back to England!

This afternoon my housemate and I were looking back at pictures of a holiday we took in October, since which I've dropped about 17kg and she's being gyming hard to tone up, and seeing the difference in me already was SO motivating to keep going. I'm slightly disgusted I ever let myself get into that state, but also felt so proud of how far I've come, I honestly didn't realise I looked that different already! Knowing I've changed so much already has made me so determined to finish the journey. I don't even care how long it takes, I'm changed for life now. Learning a new relationship with food, learning how to run and enjoying it! and everything else that comes with this process is just so cool. For the first time today I actually visulised skinny, toned and fit me, and how I can't wait to meet her!

Has anyone got any strategies planned to lose a little extra by the weekend? I'm hoping for two more on plan eating days (no Saturday treats) and tomorrow I want to do C25K week5day1 and a 30 min workout DVD, on Saturday I want to do at least half an hour of something, as it's my hardest day at work, I can't really expect anymore than that.

Good luck everyone, have a good day, making good choices, we WILL all do this

Daily weigh ins, planned meals, controlled treats and alcohol and a more active, positive outlook on my lifestyle. Could this finally be the recipe for success?!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #96

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Well, only saw that 197 once. It's been 199 all week.

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #97
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

lostangel05~ You saw it though, so you know it's there and within reach!

takingcontrol~ Sometimes we get lucky and the snow disappears by late March, but most years we expect Winter to last from late October to Mid-Late April. Last year we got a HUGE storm in mid April and kept the snow until May...

southernbelle102~ Thank you for posting early! Have a great weekend!!!

Nienna~ Our bodies are so fickle sometimes! I'll be curious to see if the drop sticks as well, let us know!

lackadaisy~ How are you doing calorie wise today?

kariatari~ Oh, fun, parent/teacher conferences!!! I'm actually sitting in the classroom waiting for my next conference now, so I definitely feel your pain! Plus the food they provided for dinner tonight, which they promised would be healthy, was cold, loaded with mayo and just disgusting. I ended up picking at stuff and just chugging a bottle of water.

kristilinn13~ I'm sorry to hear about your sister and grandma and congrats on your offered position!!! Are you going to take it?

Thursday Question~ Are you a morning or evening exercise person?

I switch back and forth between the two all the time. I really struggle getting out of bed in the morning, but when I settle into a routine, I don't have any problem with it. Problem with waiting until the evening is that I am more likely to come up with some kind of excuse to convince myself that I don't need to work out that day. I'm still moving a lot of stuff over to my new place right now, plus house sitting my parents place, plus dealing with a messed up schedule, so I'm kind of all over the place. I just need to start treating exercise like my job! Not an option, something I HAVE to do!

So I put a couple pics to show you all what our last storm was like. The part that you can't really see is that we already had two feet of snow on the ground. Snow Piles were already 5-7 feet high when this storm hit, so finding a place to put all the snow was wicked tough. All the schools around here had to cancel school for Tuesday even though the storm ended late Monday night, just because they had to figure out where they were going to put all the snow in the parking lots. It took them until 10:30PM Tuesday to clear the parking lots, and as it, about 20 spaces are now until 15-20 foot tall snow banks.

And now it's raining... So now that we have between 4-5 feet of snow, it's raining... which means there is no place for the water to be absorbed other then by the snow, which will in turn melt... which means there are flood warnings EVERYWHERE. Including flash flood warnings, where they basically scare the crap out of you and tell you to evacuate immediately if a flood starts. Our town even tested its alert horn today to make sure that not only people who live right in town could hear it, but everyone within 8-10 miles could... We had a nasty flash flood in '98 and the horn wasn't working at the time, so there wasn't any warning... We have a fast slowing river that runs around the outside of the whole town, there is only one small stretch that the river doesn't run along. When we lost the bridges in '98, it could take as long as an hour to get to the next town over, which was normally only 5-10 minutes away...

I'm seriously rambling...

This is the first thing I saw when I opened the garage door (the car on the right is mine)...

This is what it looked like standing on ground level...

And this was after over an hour of shoveling... The snow was extremely wet and heavy, and just moving one square foot of snow took at least 4-5 shovel fulls...

And this is what our dogs did all day... If you look closely, you'll see a husky, a miniature poodle, and a chihuahua...

I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl...
**Mini Goals**SW:286.6 1/1/13
**5%(272.2) 1/20/13**10%(258)**Big #! 249**15%(243.6)**50lbs.(236.6)**20%(229.4)**25%(21 5.0)**OneDerland (199.9)**Big #! 190**100lbs.(186.6)** Big #! 179**40%(172.2)**125lbs.(161.6)**45%(157.8)**GOAL 150**
Red = Goal Reached

June Exercise Challenge: 90/1300 Minutes
One for every 5lbs.

KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #98
I will make time!!!

Nienna- It's good, it's hard...but good. I like the feeling after. I need to push myself alittle harder-last workout I couldn't becuase I messed up my knee. But I'm really enjoying it so fare and I can't wait to see the results from it! This will be the forth day. Oh yeah.

Also way to go with the wine-wooshing! *chants* hope it sticks!

lostangel05-Aw, well you'll get back down, just keep doing good, there is a big WHOOSH most likely heading your way!

takingcontrol-hehe that's funny, I'd be on the scale too, and thank you. =) Girl, thats fantastic that your in the zone. You do deserve that whoosh! Wow, I'm proud of you! That's modivating just to hear you. Keep moving those buns!

Chantelle- Whoah! Congrats on that stamina, way to go! *high five*

KimL1214- Oh, it was great, thank you...although I hurt my knee pretty bad with not running right. I think I wasn't stopping the right way. I'm not a runner, but I try to run for short periods while on my walk, the problem is I din't pace myself, I guess I have the soul of a sprinter.

kristilinn13- I'm so sorry about your sister, I hope that lots of love is sent there way and that they can be blessed with what they wish for. And A BIG CONGRATES! That's awesome! Yeah, life is life. But it's a beautiful crazy ride.

lackadaisy- Don't worry it isn't real 'fat' weight, haha I know how you feel, been there done that too. Just push threw it! Kick some butt. and congrats on staying focused on your work.

southernbelle102- Have a great week also!

Welp, I'm excited to meet the sexy, healthy, best me also. I've been doing super grand...uh, with my health that is. haha. I'm excited for this wiegh-in. Everyone keep working hard! Let's do this, let's do better then the other team! grrrr lol

May Goal: Exercise 4 time a week and measure myself!
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #99
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks for the support guys! :hugs: I'm really sleepy and so will be awful about personals today -- my body woke me up after 5 hrs sleep last night, still not used to actually sleeping, so I'm a little delirious.

For example: after a light day until 10pm, sleep-deprived agreed to celebrate completing my thesis with two girlfriends. The damage? One huge margarita (no problem), a whole basket of tortilla chips (slight problem), and about a third of a pecan pie (PROBLEM). Oops.

Anyway, I decided a fast was in order today -- nothing drastic, just only having tea before dusk. Felt hungry (obviously) but great. I figure my muscles are still loaded with late last night's glycogen stores . Utterly pooping out now, but looking forward to being back on track with yummy food and a run tomorrow morning, and replying to this thread. It sounds like you're all doing really well!

... It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 03-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #100

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the support!

Mini Goals:
217-Lose first 10 pounds
207-Lose 20 pounds
199-Onderland!
179-Half way there!
168-Not obese!
145-Not overweight!
130-Goal!!!

CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #101

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

I am sorry I haven't been very active here. We had some computer problems combined with super busy schedules this past week so I haven't had time to check in.

I have been pretty good on the food front. I only had one off plan meal this week, and I kept drinking to a minimum. I work a lot the next few days so that will also help me stay on track.

It sounds like everyone else is doing good! stay focused ladies!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #102
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Hey All,

I'm knackered tonight, second friday night I've not allowed myself a treat, n it's hard! Especially as my housemate has gone to Bangkok for a night out, n I'm stuck in home alone trying not to feel too sorry for myself!

Kim Your snow looks bad, I hope spring comes soon for you this year

In answer to your question, I always workout in the evening, no way I'd be able to get up n do anything before work! I'm not that dedicated, luckily here I've no real commitments other than work, so I can fit it in quite easily. Back in the UK I'll have a lot more juggling on my hands and will definitely find out how committed I am to making this change permanent!

Managed to stay pretty much on plan, had a slice of ham more than I meant to at dinner, but, I didn't finish the packet, so that's a small victory. Hope I don't eat it for breakfast now! Still not quite managed to take control of my eating then!

Did C25K week 5 day 1 tonight. Was ok, have to move it out onto the track next week, no more running around the living room!

Looking forward to another on plan Saturday tomorrow, I CAN do it!! If I do, I'm allowing myself a day off on Sunday, as Monday's my birthday so I'm allowed a treat day, but just one day! On Monday, I still have to behave!

Have a good Friday everyone, weigh in's nearly here.

Daily weigh ins, planned meals, controlled treats and alcohol and a more active, positive outlook on my lifestyle. Could this finally be the recipe for success?!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #103

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Southernbelle, I hope that you have a nice trip! Where are you headed?

Takingcontrol, I wish I could blame facebook + drunkenness for my own annoying behavior, but – alas – I think I just have issues when it comes to interacting with romantic interests. I guess it was good to be reminded of them with someone whom I won’t ever see again so that I can work on them before I meet someone with actual long-term romantic potential. I guess. On another note, your exercise routine is inspiring me! I was really gung-ho about jogging/yoga/weight-training back when I started losing weight, but winter and several holiday trips abroad have made me quite lazy. Time to get back into the swing of things!

Kim, I didn’t hang on to all of the loss (I was definitely really dehydrated when I weighed myself), but I did hang on to some of it, which made me happy! This morning I was at 112.6, which is still lower than I was before the wine incident. Maybe I shocked my body into a whoosh by consuming more calories than usual or something. I hope that it’s not flooding too much over in your neck of the woods. I hate this springtime weather. Where I am, yesterday, it was warm enough for all the snow to start melting, which made everything icy and slippery and dangerous, and then it started snowing all over again today. At least it’s not so cold anymore, though! Your dogs are really cute, by the way.

SnowWolf, I hope that your knee feels better soon! And I love your competitive attitude – I agree, let’s kick some tulip butt!

Daisy, don’t worry too much about the pecan pie. I’m sure that your fast today and your recent liberation from thesis-writing (and the sleep that will come with it) will help you see results at the weigh in. But mmm margaritas and tortilla chips sound soooo good. Tortilla chips are my downfall. I seriously have nightmares about bingeing on them. Weird.

I’m going to go ahead and post my weight already. I’m having major computer problems and will be taking my computer to the shop tomorrow. I’m hoping that they’ll be able to fix it same-day, but otherwise I won’t be able to get it back until next weekend. If I do get it fixed tomorrow, I’ll update my stats on Sunday! If I don’t check in before next week, I hope that everyone has a very successful weigh in and smooth sailing over the next few days. Keep up the good work!

Long Term Goal
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #104
I will make time!!!

lackadaisy- you'll be back on track and ready to rumble no prob. Peacon Pie so horriably scumpious. Props for the fast...I tried doing that once...it didn't work. *cough*

lostangel05- !

maenad- I know how you feel! And great job of staying on track! Keep it up!

takingcontrol-Man, that's great that you have the will power to not have a treat! I don't let myself have treats, I feel yeah.

Nienna- My knee is much better, pretty normal now. Thank you. haha, YEAH! THEIR BUTT IS GRASS!!! NOW THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HERE! WHOOP!!

KimL1214- For the question, usually I'm a evening exercise person during the week days. I like to walk before noon on the weekends. And I hope that snow and rain goes away soon for you and that. And it with Turbofire they gave us a calender schedual for each day, so it's like a job to me too.

warning! venting:
Well I'm glad it's Friday. I'm so tired of high school kids, can't wait to get out!!! I feel kind of slouchy becuase I'm waiting to get cloths when I loss more weight! grr. God, when I reach my goal weight I wounder if people at school will look at me differently or treat me differently... I'm tired of holding back at school, I just don't trust people. Plus my school is full of rich stupid people, not trying to prejudice there is alot of good people as well, I'm just tired of teenagers and how everyone seems to judge and say things behind everyones back. I'm not the most social person, but I'm thankful for friends that love and care for me. I'm just different. I always remind myself actors are always different. I'm just a very unque person and I love that about myself, but it comes with a price. I think when I'm happier with myself I'll be able to not care about judgement becuase when I stop judging myself I will not care what anyone thinks of me. And in that way I'll be able to be more social. I'm tired of being the way I am now, and I always wounder if this is just who I am or if it was a learned habbit. When I was young I was not quit and was happy and friendly. Maybe if I just can be free and be myself like when I was young, I'll not be afraid of people. Sorry for the vent, I just needed to write it down. Oh, also another thing, when I'm successfull and happy people that I know now will be like oh yeah she was kind of wierd but now I wish I would have known her.

now I'm going to go for a run and clear my head and heart.

May Goal: Exercise 4 time a week and measure myself!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 03-11-2011 at 07:11 PM.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #105

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Blah.

I had a great day food wise, but a terrible one work wise. I had a boy in one of my classes poke another boy in the eye, which then turned into an all out brawl in my classroom. I had no idea who did what and what to do, finally i ended up with three boys sitting in the separate corners of the room. I was pretty miserable by the end of work and decided to get one of my favorite fruits here to eat as comfort food. I got home and ate it with some cheese. HOWEVER: I think it was under-ripe and i threw up about 20 minutes after eating it and feel awful now. I took some stomach meds, but I'm all cramped up and it sucks.

time to lay down for a bit.