20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 03-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

hey everybody...how are you all doing?

I've been having a tough week..so far i've gained..but i'm determined to be down by the time of the weigh in on sunday. For lent i'm giving up soda. I don't drink a ton of it but enough that it bothers me...since I don't drink coffee..soda is my go to when i'm feeling down or in need of energy so I think this will be good as something to give up for lent as well as good for my health.

@KimWin - also..since its lent and i'm not eating meat on fridays im trying your chilli today! i'll let you know how it comes out

Friday question - What's the biggest obstacle in your weight loss attempts?

Primarily..its staying on plan. When i'm having bad day..i just say screw it. and secondly..working out! i hate it..its been impossible for me to find a plan of working out and sticking to it. i'm trying to do this 100 push ups plan with a buddy to keep me accountable and for it to be at least a start into being active. I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months..so i think working out is what is really going to boost my weight loss now..i just need to do it!

Last edited by angeluv; 03-11-2011 at 03:28 PM.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #122  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hey everyone, hope you're all ok, i'm ill booooo. went to a meeting yesterday, felt fine but as soon as i got home i had a massive headache and now i think i have a cold. never mind though, been eating oranges apparantly vitamin c is good for colds. weigh in tomorrow! woohoo. so far i've lost a pound, of course i wish it was more but theres always next week.
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

mdchick88 – Amazing!! Over 4lbs is a nice way to break that plateau.

angeluv – I’m the same with Soda! It’s my pick me up. Were you able to pick yourself up and get back on plan?

MissSMcC - Sorry to hear that you’re a bit under the weather! Hopefully you’re on the mend in no time.

Friday question - What's the biggest obstacle in your weight loss attempts?
I think I’m my own biggest obstacle. I still have days where I need to convince myself that it’s really worth changing the way I eat. Every day it gets easier to say no to Chocolate and lollies but sometimes I need that extra push.
oOPeanutOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

OMG HELLO EVERYONE!!!! It's been so long, or at least it seems like it! I only glanced at the posts, but will try to catch up later today or tomorrow night!

Soooo, hectic hectic. A lot to do at work, a lot of yoga to do for my challenge, a lot to do around the house and mostly, a lot to do with family and a deaths of friends and family. Sooooo, it's been running around and there have been no schedules! I have been doing my yoga every day (of course!) and still doing Turbo Fire workouts when i can fit in. Although, I'm super sore from pushing it, and then I would have to go at a lesser intensity... but I'm doing it! LOL

and then...
Dun dun dunnnnnnn...

My TOM! LOL It came on like a bus hitting me in the face! LOL I was instantly bloated three days before where I actually could FEEL the difference when I walk, did yoga and regular things around the house. It was horrible. LOL Luckily, it's gone down a bit, but still, super not fun. I have been sore and tired and just ready for it to end so I can get on with next week! LOL Do you ever feel like that? LOL

Anyway, I can say that I am totally of no help for this week with the weigh in. Next week I shall do better! Anyway, hope all is well! I am weighing in today and posting since I have a work, a funeral and yoga to do. I don't want to forget!

I'm super excited to have my body back to normal! LOL For Fun today, I am going to do a little dance workout. And by that, I mean putting on a fun hip hop outfit, putting on a 45 minute playlist I created, strapping on that HRM and just going for it! I need some pep! LOL

Angeluv- awesome! Good for you! Hey one day makes a huge difference! Even one meal a day! Yes, the chili, SO GOOD! Did I tell you my husband gave up his 4 times a month meat for Lent in hopes of going Vegetarian? I can't remember, things have been so hectic! LOL I gave up dairy for lent! Only 40 days and hopefully will lead to more!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #125  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

FRIDAY question: biggest obstacle

I've discovered that my biggest obstacle is dieting too hard. Sounds ridiculous but I've realised that why I managed to lose so much over the summer and since being back at uni I've just been basically maintaining is because at home I ate normally, but less and with more vegetables. I didn't deny myself anything and I didn't go crazy if I had a muffin or a bag of crisps. Whereas at uni I've been trying to eat JUST healthily, trying to cut out everything that's bad - whcih works for a few days and then I just go crazy and binge on junk.

I only realised this yesterday, funnily enough. So now I'm working on going back to normal eating. If I want a bag of crisps, I'll have it, and just eat normally with smaller portions and more veggies. See how it works

Hope everyone is feeling better and doing OK!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Oh and did somebody ask about Barley grass awhile back?!?!? I can't remember. If not, then I guess I am just posting info on barley grass LOL

It's so gooooood and healthy for you. Young barley grass contains perhaps the most balanced nutrient profile of all green plants with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, proteins, active enzymes, and chlorophyll. Greens are always healthy, but Barley is a nutritious food unlike any other on earth (same with wheat grass I think). It contains 11 times the calcium in cow's milk, nearly 5 times the iron in spinach, 7 times the vitamin C in oranges, and 80 mg of vitamin B12 per hundred grams and many antioxidants known to protect the body from free-radical damage.

So as a person doing so much yoga and sweating out so many of my trace minerals this is good for me. Being I don't eat meat, b12 is necessary for and well the extra calcium and vitamins are just bonuses. I have no deficieny in calcium since I don't drink milk and eat a lot of seeds and fruits and veggies. People think Milk gives calcium, but it's actually the other way around. It's super low in calcium and causes deficiencies due to the way your body has to break it down like a virus.

Anyway, all in all- It's healthy, it tastes good, it's easy and a great way to get all the essential nutrients. I like to make smoothies with any fruit on hand (sometimes veggies) with barley grass, hulled hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds and some almond milk! DELICIOUS way to start the day. Due to the nutrients, my one 16 oz smoothie can keep me full for close to 5 hours!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

KimWin – Wow, sounds like you’ve been crazy busy! I’m really sorry to hear about your loss as well. Hopefully your friends and family can all stick together to help each other through this. How did the dance workout go? Was it able to clear your head? I asked about the Barley Grass because I had no idea what it was!!

katylil – I’m exactly the same. When I over restrict certain foods and try and eat 100% healthy it ends up backfiring. I’m not living off chocolate anymore so if I want a piece here or there then I’m going to let myself have it and not feel guilty about it.

It’s late Sunday arvo for me so I can officially say that I’ve lost about 3lbs which I’m excited about. I usually record my weight on a Saturday but the scale is the same as yesterday so it doesn’t matter. I think I only lost 3lbs for the entire BL challenge last time around. My head was definitely not in the game then so I’m hoping this loss is a sign of things to come.

Good Luck for Weigh-In Girls!!!!
oOPeanutOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #128  
Amazing Revelations

weigh in day!! only 1lb down for me but im still chuffed, its been a pants week so hopefully next week will be better. Kim you are so full of energy its unbelievable lol, peanut well done thats a fantastic loss!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #129  
Daily Struggle

hey guys my team tulip signature stopped working
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #130  
Amazing Revelations

transporter did you use the link or just save the pic to your computer then upload it into your sig? well done on your loss by the way, -0.4% for me, so glad you lot cant eliminate me lol
Old 03-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Miss: Hey--A loss is a loss right? And 1 pound is better than not losing anything! Good job! Alsoo--I hope your feeling better!

Peanut: WOW! 3 pounds is awesome! WTG!

KimWin: I'm deff going to have to look into that Barley grass..I don't even think I've ever heard of that. And to drink a smoothie & stay full for 5 hours is pretty awesome. Sorry about TOM. It's also TOM for me & i BLOAT bad but I found that I lose more weight during TOM ..I'm guessing cuz I sweat more. I'm sorry about the deaths.

Katy: Good luck on getting back to normal with your eating habits. And as for the obstacle being dieting too hard..I completely understand. I sometimes find myself angry because I'ves gone over 1200 calories a day and ...may calorie intake is suppose to be between 1200-1550. It's crazy.

Angel: I have a huge addiction to cokes! Like as bad as someone that is addicted to cigerettes. I have not drunk a cola since September & am very proud of myself. I'm sure it won't be as difficult for you to go off cokes as it was for me but good luck!

So I only caught myself up with personals on this page. Its so hard to get behind on these chats but I like to keep up because it keeps me accountable. I'm pretty stoked at my weightloss for the week. I lost 2.6 pounds which is really good considering I figured my weightloss would drastically slow down the closer I get to my goal.

As for my exercise..I've been getting plenty of exercise in...anywhere from my PS3 Active to Pilates. I have to take a few extra courses next semester at the school and I'm hoping they offer some kind of workout classes...that would be exciting. As for now..I'm going to hop off here and clean up the house! Hope all you did grat on your weigh-ins!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #132  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
transporter did you use the link or just save the pic to your computer then upload it into your sig? well done on your loss by the way, -0.4% for me, so glad you lot cant eliminate me lol
I just copied some code posted in the forum
thank you funny thing about my loss is that my SW was my ending weight from the last challenge! my weight didn't budge between the challenges lol
Old 03-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Transporter - try copying this web address into your sig, and place it in image tags... [IMG] to the left and [/IMG] to the right

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/katylil/tulipsyellows-1.jpg

Last edited by mdchick88; 03-13-2011 at 06:13 PM.
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #134  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick88 View Post
Transporter - try copying this web address into your sig, and place it in image tags... [IMG] to the left and [/IMG] to the right

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...syellows-1.jpg
thank you!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #135  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

MONDAY QUESTION: what is your favourite weightloss/exercise motivating song?

I'm massively into musicals so "Come So Far (Got So Far To Go)" from the Hairspray movie soundtrack is one of my faves!!! Good tempo for working out and motivating lyrics. Also "Chip On Your Shoulder" from Legally Blonde: The Musical soundtrack, it's a good one for when I need a kick up the butt motivation-wise!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote