3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   20 Somethings TBL 2011 New Years Challenge Rules (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/220141-20-somethings-tbl-2011-new-years-challenge-rules.html)

KimL1214 12-21-2010 11:25 AM

20 Somethings TBL 2011 New Years Challenge Rules

BL Challenge Rules!

Official Rules

Below are the basics of how everything works on the challenge. If you have any questions at any time, just make a reply here, and I'll be quick to give you an answer!

If you have not yet signed up, please click HERE.
Posting on this thread (the rules thread) will not count towards joining the challenge.

Duration

Sign-Ups will officially end at Tuesday, December 28 at 11:59PM. The challenge will run for 6 weeks, starting on Sunday, January 2. Your starting weight will be due by Sunday, January 2 at 11:59 PM in your time zone. The challenge will end on Sunday, February 13, 2011, with final weights due at 11:59 PM in your time zone. I will post the results ending each week by the following Wednesday (Tuesday if all Team Leaders are on time with their stats). As a general rule, if you miss the deadline to post your weight, it will not count for that week. If you know you won’t be able to post, post early!

Weigh-Ins

Weighing in is the only requirement for staying in the challenge. You can post whenever you would like for the week as long as it is BEFORE 11:59PM Sunday night (If your weigh in day is on Monday, you still need to weigh in BEFORE 11:59PM Sunday, so plan accordingly. Meaning~ Post your weight early!). If any member misses 3 consecutive weigh-ins, it will be assumed that they are no longer participating in the challenge. If you accidentally miss a weigh in, post that you forgot, and then the weight next to it. You will not count as part of the group loss if it is after Monday, but are still in the challenge. It is not fair to those that weighed in on time if we allow others to do this. If you decide to "skip" a weigh in due to something (being out of town, being sick, etc...) it’s okay to just post "skipping weigh in because ....". However skipping weigh-in due to falling off plan, "having a bad week", or having TOM is not an acceptable excuse.

Team Leaders

Each team will have a leader. The leader’s responsibilities are basically to keep a running list of active team members, and keep everyone motivated and posting! Daily Questions will need to posted as often as possible to help keep motivation up! Team leaders will no longer be responsible for statistics as it is more consistent if one person posts all of the stats. -- PM me if you are interested in being a Team Leader or have questions (Please only volunteer as a team leader if you have actively participated in previous challenges).

How it works is:

Each week, members weigh in, in their team's WI thread.

The formula for % lost is~
(Initial-Current)/Initial) * 100= weight loss percentage

Final Weekly Stats will be posted in the "All Teams Weekly Weigh In" Thread.

Team leaders keep track of people who did NOT weigh in. If anyone misses 3 consecutive weigh-ins they are automatically assumed to no longer be in the challenge, and their name removed from the list. Please see the weigh-in rules (above) for more information.

Any questions? Just let me know!

Cheyenne 01-03-2011 06:42 AM

Hi there..I'm new and I was going to private message you, but IDK if this forum does that? Haven't quite figured that out :P Anyways...I know it is past deadline, however I just thought I'd ask if I could join, in case. I found the site two days ago, a new years resolution I guess you could say? Maybe you make the deadline before new years on purpose, so you don't get a bunch of people coming in, saying they'd like to do it, and then falling off the wagon before you know it. I understand that, or if you just can't put me in b.c of deadline, but I thought I'd ask just in case, as I know having a challenge would be good for me! I did sign up for the overall 2011 weight loss challenge, but I thought having others who only need to lose 20-30 pounds might help me...as i know in the other threads some people may lose like 6 pounds a week (if they weigh like 300 pounds) where as I will be workin' my butt off to lose 3. BUT, just let me know! Thanks a lot :)

btw...if I can join, maybe it'd be best I give you my details now:
Name: Cheyenne
Weight: 197
Height: 6'0"
goal: 170 (hopefully by May 1)
If I can't join, sorry about all the details and don't feel bad! I understand

KimL1214 01-03-2011 10:24 AM

Cheyenne~ You've been added to Team Pink Silk! Please post your weigh in ASAP! Good Luck!