3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings > 20-Somethings BL Corner

20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Team Phoenix Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #16

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieLovesKisses View Post
B] I have been on this journey for over a year and a half and have lost now 140lbs. I've accomplished so much and I hope that I can give others motivation/inspiration to keep going for their goals. [/b]
Jennie- you are very inspiring to me! I've seen some of your posts around the site and was always in awe of how incredible you've done on your journey, you look amazing =) keep it up!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #17
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey ya'll! I'm 24, I live in Tennessee, and I work full time as a Personal Banker, and attend school part time to finish my Accounting degree. I have two furry children, a pom doggy named Brindle, and a kitty named Isabella. My boyfriend is amazing, and is totally my weightloss support! My biggest weight loss issue has always been sweets! I love sweets, and breads too! Up until now, I would always fail at my weight loss attempts... miserably! Finally, this is working! My goal for this challenge is to lose at least 25 pounds. Good luck to all my teammates! GO TEAM PHOENIX!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #18

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

Hey Team Phoenix!

Iím really excited to have landed on this team as I see a couple of familiar names from the last BL Challenge we had. Well, Iím 25 and from Melbourne, Australia. This is my second BL Challenge and I love the support & accountability I received last time so wanted to join up again. My ultimate goal for this challenge is to lose 10lbs & to try and incorporate a little bit of exercise into my life. I currently just concentrate on my Diet to lose weight as I have Chronic Fatigue but will be working towards making small changes. The weather in Melbourne is finally looking up & there a few parks that Iím looking forward to exploring when the time comes.

Canít wait to get started!!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #19

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Hey ladies! I'm excited for this challenge. It's the first one I'll be participating in because I always miss the sign-ups.

Most Recent NSV: I can once again shop in store at Old Navy. No more online only plus sizes.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 20 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: calorie counting, walking, and weight lifting
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: the holidays are always tough, plus just getting into a rhythm with working out.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This is the second time I'm trying to lose weight. The first time I went from a high of 243 down to 169 pounds. I was sooo close to where I wanted to be, but I think I just got afraid of actually reaching my goal. I started eating again and steadily gained weight. I ended up at 282 pounds. I've lost some already just by not being completely out of control with my eating, but I have a long way to go.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #20

S/C/G: HW183/SW142/CW132.6/GW115

Height: 5'3

Most Recent NSV: I have no idea what NSV means >_<
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 120
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Insanity/ p90x hybrid + Limited Carb Intake
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Nightly Grazing + Eating due to Boredom
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: My highest was in the high 180s which was not good at all for my small 5'3" frame. I lost 40lbs during college but have yet to shed the last 20lbs. I have never been in the 120s before except for when i was zooming past in on my way to obesity. I would love to see it again.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #21
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm super excited to be here!!! I hope I can get to goal with you guys .

Most Recent NSV: Realizing my butt can fit in the child sized chairs at work without much overhang.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 157 lbs. (12 more lbs) Let's bring it in to goal and see where I stand then .
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Atkins, lots of walking, weight training!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Forgetting to eat... Husband coming home and jacking up my routine...
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This is the least I've weighed since I was 12!! I'm very excited to be here and with renewed motivation to finally push through these last few lbs! I know HOW to do this now and I know I WILL do this! It's very exciting .

Last edited by ValRock : 10-21-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #22

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Most Recent NSV: I have gone from a 30 + sized clothes to a 24 in the past 3 and a half moths.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 29 lbs (which will get me to my Christmas goal of 100 lb weight loss so far)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and sticking to plan.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I am trying to figure out the best way to break plateaus. I also am going to be allowing myself a total cheat day on Thanksgiving (my first cheat day the entire time I have been on this diet... and last one until Christmas day).
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I have struggled with eating disorders for as long as I can remember (anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating.) This is the first time I have done it the healthy way

Current BMI: 23.8, % of weight lost: 51.32%
Start 380 lbs, size 30+: Now 185 lbs, size 12
Start date 7/1/10 "A year from now you'll be glad you started today."
1: 10% weight loss (down 38lbs)8/16/10
2: 50 lb weight loss9/2/10
3: Out of 300s11/6/10
4: 100 lb weight loss12/9/10
5: Overweight BMI (233 lbs) 4/20/11
6: Onederland!11/4/11
7: Goal: Normal BMI (194 lbs)1/7/2012

Last edited by southernbelle102 : 10-21-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Most Recent NSV: not gaining (I've had a very busy couple months)
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I'd like to lose 10 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: start running again
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: holiday eating=work on self control
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm a working mom with 3 kids. My two oldest boys are in school, kindergarten and 2nd grade. I've also got a 2 year old daughter. I've been working on losing this weight since the beginning of the year and I'm down to about only 10 lbs til I get to my goal. I'm really hoping this challenge will help me stay on track with the holidays coming up.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #24
Army Medic

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm...about me...

My name is Leslie, and I live in Pennsylvania with my fiance and my black lab mix. I like the call her a puppy, but she's actually 8 now. I'm a full time student and will be graduating this spring with a bachelors in biology (minor in anthropology) and will then be applying for Physician assistant programs as I wait on news on this upcoming deployment. I'm also a part time nursing assistant and a medic in the army national guard. I have always struggled with weight. When I danced (ballet, jazz, pointe) I was always one of the heaviest girls. When I ran cross country I was the heaviest and the slowest (5K best time 27 min.) I joined the army and had to do some crash dieting to make weight because I was always a little too heavy. After basic and ait I was at 155 and comfortable with my body, even though I was still overweight by army standards. I had been struggling with back and hip pain for a while but it didn't catch up to me until my Sophomore year. I worked out less, gained weight. By that summer I was 165. I've since been kicked off a deployment (at the time the pain had an undiagnosed reason and they didn't want to send me without a diagnosis) and put on oral steroids. I was depressed and on steroids...and ended up at 198. When I saw that on the scale I cried and decided to make a change. That's about where I am now, minus the depression I had to overcome that before I was going to have the strength to lose weight.

My goals by Nov 20(my next drill)
run time: 19:30
sit ups: 50 under 2 minutes
push ups: sustain
weight: 185

Last edited by stucky1987 : 10-21-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #25
Jillian's B!tch Brittany

S/C/G: 262/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Most Recent NSV: 1.5 yrs ago my uniform was a 5x top and 3x pants, now its 2x top (I can wear an XL but I needed roon to wear a shirt underneath) and XL pants...woohoo

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 23 lbs to put me at 200

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: MOVING MY BUTT! I've been lazing around not working out for a good couple of months, just maintaining. I need to hop back in the saddle and burn off some pounds.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I just started working this week and it's stressing me out/ throwing me off quite a bit. It's a tough adjustment but I need to be fit and healthy to care for my residents all day. Holidays don't really freak me oout anymore. Hopefully, I'm working during them

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Ummm, not a the moment. I'm actually getting ready for work right now

"Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving out. Keep going."
"Stand up, and finish what you started."
"If you have a 'why' to live for, you can tolerate and endure any 'how'."
"Change can happen in seconds... It's about waking up. That's all it is. Waking up to your true potential and strength.
--Jillian Michaels

Last edited by JMfan : 10-21-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #26
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Figured I'd jump in here and add my info to the posts!

It's soooo great to see so many of you that I've seen around the boards and that are SO inspiring!!

Most Recent NSV: Going to the store to purchase an outfit for an event and actually fitting EVERYTHING I tried on and with NO struggle I bought my first little black dress, and it's still TOO BIG!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Not sure how long the challenge lasts but to lose 15lbs.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Staying consistent and honest with myself, listening to my body and boot camp 5x a week!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Becoming complacent because I am oh so happy in my skin right now.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Umm, I haven't been below 150 since college, my whole goal is HEALTHY before 30. I have a year to complete it! It's not just about losing the weight, but also maintaining an active lifestyle. My boyfriend wants to get married and go freaking on a backpacking trip for our honeymoon! I would LOVE to...but I'm not getting engaged while fat. I refuse to have my pictures look like crap because he is so handsome and tall and muscular and I'm a lard *** =)
Healthy Before 30 Newest Pic Mini Goal Thread (9/2011)- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...goal-30-a.html
5th Goal - 125-130 (maintenance) - ??

Last edited by Krizstyling : 12-06-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #27
Mini Goal 4- 169lbs

S/C/G: 275/170/165

Height: 5'7

Yay Team Phoenix! This is my first BL challenge because I always miss them but this time I stalked the board so I'd know when the next one was and here I am. Very exciting! Can't wait.

Here's the basics about me, in brief:

Most Recent NSV: Hmmm... I think maybe a pair of formerly indecently tight jeans I tried on the other day that fit perfectly now with a bit of room to spare??? (However, I realize now that it wasn't just the fat that made the jeans look bad, the jeans are just "wack" by themselves. Definitely not keepers!)
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: I think I'll shoot for my pre-undergrad weight of 209lbs which was back when I was 17 and also the thinnest (or ok... least fat) I've ever felt. So that's about 13 lbs over the 6 weeks! Eeek! But possibly doable I think... I hope....
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Work out daily (or minimum 6 days a week). Plan meals a week in advance. No cheating. 2-3 very low carb weeks over the 6-week period <gulp!>
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Just generally eating out of boredom, eschewing treats, staying away from what everyone else around me is eating, not getting bored or tired or disillusioned with my plan... generic daily weight loss battle stuff!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I work in the international development/ public health field. I've been chubby all my life but actually didn't have any issues with it (even in elementary, middle, and high school, never really got teased or made miserable, because I was in the "right" clique and frankly didn't really care, had the best support system at home) until I got to maybe sophomore year of college when the weight issue started to get me down. However, it wasn't until my last semester of grad school when I was at my HW 275, that I actually got serious and stopped thinking about how I wished I looked and decided to do something about it. And then I found 3fc and then I brought my total lost to 40lbs... and then I maintained between 235 and 240 for 10 months and then I brought my prodigal behind back to 3fc in August and have been here since, trying to get better at this weight loss/ lifestyle change thing and learn habits for life etc. So that's basically all the relevant stuff I can think of...in a nutshell. I can't think of any interesting random/ non-relevant tidbits so I'll stop here. Oh I love to talk... as you may have observed. Ok that's it!

Overall Weight Loss

Last edited by toastedsmoke : 10-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #28

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Most Recent NSV: Sliding into a pair of work pants that haven't fit in over a year.

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 20 lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Continuing what I'm doing right now...It seems to be working. I'm training on C25K, doing Zumba and focusing on light toning and core workouts. Trying to eat slightly more protein and less processed foods.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Well, Thanksgiving, mostly. And the general feeling of nostalgia and "need" to eat that the holidays bring.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I work as a punching bag for a printing company. Actually, I am a receptionist/customer service rep/whatever else anyone needs me to be. I'm planning on going back to school to be a Kindergarten teacher (or at least no older than 2nd grade). I've been overweight as long as I can remember. I have no idea what body shape I've got and the lowest weight I can even remember being at is 225. I'll be over the moon once I get lower than that!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:41 AM   #29

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

ashley nicole: I just noticed that our starting, current, and goal weights are all practically identical. Same goal for the challenge too. Hmm, there could be a little friendly competition between us!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #30

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Woahhh..you're right, Stacy!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.