3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   ~~~In-Between Challenges Chat~~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/210236-%7E%7E%7E-between-challenges-chat%7E%7E%7E.html)

KimL1214 08-17-2010 12:50 PM

~~~In-Between Challenges Chat~~~

Hey everyone! Just a little Chat thread to keep everyone OP while we're waiting for the next challenge to start! How is everyone doing???

If you have not signed up for the challenge yet, please click here...

Haley8203 08-17-2010 01:16 PM

Great idea Kim! hey i noticed you're from VT too!

i've been doing well this week (i know it's only tuesday afternoon lol) but that's more than i can say about the last 3 weeks. once school starts in a week and a half i think it will help because there's a gym on campus that i can use between classes. and i'm excited for this challenge!

southernbelle102 08-17-2010 01:17 PM

Thanks for starting this thread! I am excited for this new challenge!! I am doing well this week. My weigh loss has stayed pretty steady! Can't wait to rock it BL style .. haha!:D

jenn33082 08-17-2010 01:38 PM

Things are going well here! I have not participated in a BL challenge yet so I'm excited.

Everlasting 08-17-2010 01:41 PM

Hey thanks for the invite. :) Doing well here. School starts in a week and my half marathon is in 2 weeks so I've been training, training, training this summer! Got a sore hip from my last run which was Saturday night so I've been taking it easy for a couple days. Feeling much better today though so I'm gonna go for a medium length run tomorrow hopefully.

KimL1214 08-17-2010 03:00 PM

Everlasting~ What are you going to school for? I went for my teaching certification and am just waiting to find an actual teaching job before I go for my Masters. A half marathon!!! WOW!!!

jenn33082
~ WELCOME! I love TBL Challenges as they really help me feel accountable to someone other then myself! Are you on any specific kind of diet or calorie counting system or do you have your own kind of plan?

southernbelle102
~ Good to hear your weight loss is still going along well! What is one big thing that has helped you stay OP?

haleygirl82~ I really miss having a free gym just a short walk away, so definitely use it while you can!!! Do you have some workouts planned for when you can start getting into the gym regularly?

My niece is down for the week which has thrown me off a little bit as I have had to come up with last minute dinners for her on a very limited budget. I've also been pretty down the last couple of days, but I think it might be due to my lack of exercise, SO, I need to get my butt moving!!!

JessicaRT 08-17-2010 03:05 PM

woohoo i'm so excited for this to start. It will be my first group weight loss challenge ever!

Brown 08-17-2010 03:24 PM

I'm excited to start (and complete!) this one. :) Still gonna lose what I can in the meanwhile. I guess it wouldn't be too shameful to not do so well during the challenge simply because I'm close to goal. :p

Haley8203 08-17-2010 03:56 PM

KimL1214-i'm planning on walking on the treadmill or elliptical 3 times a week and also taking part in the group cardio classes once they post the schedule and i find out if it fits in with my classes.

jenn33082 08-17-2010 04:27 PM

Kim - I do pretty hardcore South Beach. I have found that this is what works for me. I've tried calorie counting in the past, but its not something that I can do long term. I also do 2 Jazzercise classes each week. The classes are 60 minutes. I would do more but every hour that I'm there is an hour that I am away from my baby boy.

southernbelle102 08-17-2010 08:58 PM

I am so excited to be in this challenge with all of you... you seem really motivated!!

Everelasting - a half marathon!!! That is amazing:cheer:

Kim - I have been sticking to calorie counting but making sure I give myself tons of variety. I try to listen to my body and if I get hungry more than normal, I try to deduce what it could be. I find that if I am craving carbs, i let myself eat as many as I want within my calorie limit. Once my body gets tired of that and I feel like I am not satiated as much as I could be, I switch back to lots of protein and fiber. I just try to be really strict with calories but not strict at all on types of foods. This is working really well and keep me on track. :D

Can't wait to start on Sunday!! When will we find out what teams we are on and what they will be called? Yay!:carrot:

Matilda08 08-17-2010 09:39 PM

Hello all!

Im doing ok this week also Im trying to push my way into the 220s this week today I WI at 233.0

bbg200 08-17-2010 09:53 PM

hey everyone, im doing really bad this week .. nans rememberance was today :( only been gone a month.. and have a wedding on the weekend so more food and naughtys.. was really good last week tho :)

KimL1214 08-17-2010 10:53 PM

bbg200~ Sorry to hear about your nan :hug: Have fun at the wedding this weekend!

Matilda08~ You're so close to the 220s!!! Definitely something you can bust into before or during the challenge!

southernbelle102
~ Sounds like a great plan! Reminds me a lot of weight watchers, just tracking calories instead of points. We actually will not be starting until August 29, as the sign up will not end until the 25th, so teams will not be announced until in-between those 2 dates.

jenn33082
~ Jazzercise is one class that isn't offered around here that I wish was. Is it really intense cardio wise, or something that is easy for people to slip into and challenge themselves with?

haleygirl82
~ Taking cardio classes is something that I LOVED in college because it really helped me feel accountable when I knew other people were expecting to see me. Are you eating on campus or making your own meals? I know eating on campus can be really challenging which is why I was curious.

Brown~ Make some other goals to reach during the challenge, maybe some exercise goals or mini NSVs. I bet you're super excited to be so close to your weight goal!

JessicaRT~ I love these challenges as they really help me keep OP, plus if I fall off plan, I know there are people who will understand and help me get back with it.

I normally drink a ton of water every day, but have been super lazy about getting it in today, and my body is letting me know how upset it is about it. Not feeling the greatest, so I will have to make sure I stay on top of it tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!!

raznt 08-18-2010 12:01 AM

hello everyone!!! this will be my first BL challenge...i'm super excited because i absolutely loved the show and i've never really been involved in any type of challenge and it's good to have others that are excited about the samethings...i'm going to continue my WL plan in the mean time...especially since i have my bestfriends wedding coming up in january that i will be a bridesmaid in so definitely have to be ready. :)