Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Super Bummed

I just got back from weigh-in and I don't get to move my ticker.

I stayed exactly the same since Friday. I don't get it b/c I was super active this weekend. I worked out, cleaned my whole house, etc. Not to mention I was POP!!!

The center lady told me not to look at it like that, to look at it week-to-week. And I'm down 2.6 from last Monday.

I can't help but be a little (okay a lot!) dissapointed. I lost 3.2 over the weekend last week!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

I know.......it is SUCH a let down when the sclae doesn't cooperate........but be patient. It will pay off. Stay strong.......you can do this !!! Slow and steady WINS the race!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5'3"

I am bummed because I am not seeing my numbers go down but I can see the weight loss (esp. in my face). I would like a bit of BOTH though!
July19wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #4  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I know how you feel Jill I was up .2 on sat. And normally my sat weigh in I lose the most. Sooo frustrating but you have to keep pushing along it will come! I promise! Stay strong!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

It really is not as simple as eat less today and weigh less tomorrow. We all know that. We are just looking for instant rewards and that is not how this works.
Stay POP, keep busy and you will feel better. If you are lucky you will also lose weight.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

JR- remember that working out is SOO good for you but it can also effect your immediate scale result since your body is building lean muscle. I am feeling the exact same as you bc now that I've worked out a few times-my scale is showing me up!? BUT I just keep telling myself that it will come right off and there's nothing better I can do for my body then to feed it well and to move it!

So DO NOT let this get you down AT ALL! Try to ignore the scale for a few days and keep doing what you are doing. You are doing GREAT!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #7  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Amylou is right Jill! I have noticed when I excercise I will see an increase in weight but then like a week later a big drop.... so just be patient work hard and stay strong you can do this! Now I need to listen to my own preaching!Good luck!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JR, I am very sensitive to salt. So of course I crave it from time to time, and I've seen large weight fluctations from things that I didn't even realize were so laced with the salt. So perhaps you ate something that you did not realize would make the scale go up. I recall one day that I lost it and just decided I wanted pickles and I wanted them NOW (I believe this is about the time I just started maintenance and was going to go a whole week without weighing in, so I had the pickles and I enjoyed them). I weighed 7 pounds more the next day, but 2 days later was back down again. I have had surprise gains from salt laced turkey and rotiserie chicken.

Also with a large loss one week, sometimes it takes awhile to make that "real" with fat. Really you most likely are not able to actually lose 3.2 pounds of fat in a week. So you lost a little extra water one week and more fat the next but gained back some of the water... The scale is just not a very good measurement of how much fat you are really losing. It picks up so many other changes in your body.

Bottom line, don't get discouraged. Some weigh ins are going to be disappointing. Others will be fantastic. You'll appreciate the next down a lot more. When you get to goal and stay there for awhile, it won't matter so much to you that it took longer than you thought it would. You will be glad that you took your time and did it the healthy safe way and did not starve yourself and waste your muscles to the point where you are set to regain everything. Lots of those diets where people lose at amazing speeds, they are losing their lean body mass and they are making it so they burn fewer calories and will have a hard, hard time keeping it off. MUCH better to take it slowly and end up lean, for life.... and not thin for a couple of days.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 01-15-2008 at 03:30 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support. I am a bit stubborn though so here's my latest rant.

I weighed in again today and was only down .4 lbs. That's .4 lbs since last Friday. My counselor said it was probably b/c I am sick and on antibiotics. She said that my body knew I was getting sick and that's why it wouldn't give anything up over the weekend.

You guys buyin' this? Even while sick I stayed POP. Although, I could really use some chicken noodle soup right now

Am I just hung up on the scale? Should I just get over it? Or am I on a plateau?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

Hang in there. I'm the queen of low weight loss. It took me over 10 weeks to lose 10 lbs. And that was doing the TO every 2 to 3 weeks. I have to admit I did go off the plan for a meal or two each week but for the most part I was pretty good. Even going to Iowa State football games and tailgating without any beer!!!

I'm bummed too since by now I should have been close to my goal (and paid weight loss) of 30 lbs and have been stalled at 14 lbs for weeks.

Eventually, the half lb here and there finally added up to my current weight loss. My bf has even told me I didn't need to lose anymore. I'm buying smaller size clothing and feel better about myself.
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

JR, For me the weight loss was a bit streaky, and it had nothing to do with how good or bad I was, sometimes I would be a bit over plan and have a big drop or be so incredibly good and weighing and measuring every bite, and not lose anything... It just takes time. Likely if you keep being POP you will see a big drop soon. Often after awhile without a drop where you've been good, you will suddenly have a bigger drop... a sudden 3 pound drop. It is just kind of weird how that happens... nothing for 10 days and then a big drop is what I saw way too long, and I always felt like a failure for the 10 days and then walking on the clouds after the drop, but the truth is I was making progress every single day.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #12  

Thanks! Prayin' for that big drop today!

I'll check in after my WI.