Old 01-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #1  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello, I'm new!

I am just starting LAWL. I first joined in Sept. '05 but struggled with it, then got pregnant. I just rejoined. My first WI was Fri. and TO ended yesterday. At my WI last night I hadn't lost even an ounce! WHAT? I hope this is no indication of how it's going to be. Maybe I should have WI Monday instead. I told them I didn't want to start on the weekend because it was my birthday - you know, one last hurrah.

Anyway, I know this plan is successful because my SIL lost tons of weight on this program. I am a WW girl, but I think I've done it (started but never finished) so many times, I'm just too lax with it. I think I need something new to really make me pay attention. The first time I joined (right before I got pregnant) I had a hard time. I felt it was very limited. I just have to change my mindset and do it. NO weight loss program is easy. My plan right now is to lose with LAWL and maintain with WW since it has a little more freedom. My sis lost 65 lbs. on WW so it works, but it is way slower than LAWL.

Today is my 1st day of Express. I am ill-prepared so I'm not going to be able to get all my food in. I am writing a list to grocery shop tonight so it should be better from here on out. I'm in a learning curve. I know that planning ahead is crucial.

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you!
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome Stacy... You've come to the right place. Post early and post often with any questions or suggestions of your own...

Don't fret.. Some people don't start off with a bang.. It's been a long process for my wife. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is for some people on this plan.. BUT.. If you stick with it to the letter, you will lose, and you will become a more healthy purpose.

It's also important not to focus just on pounds.. There are plenty here on this site who have seen slow weight loss, but have found their actual, physical inches have down considerably faster...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Stacy,

I originally joined right before Labor Day weekend, so they had me start a few days after I originally weighed in and I ate a lot before I started the Fast Forward, and saw no loss. I think after a week I was down 4-5 pounds though. They told me (don't know if this is a line) but that the fast forward prepares your body to lose, so it is not uncommon to not lose on it.

Also weighing in late in the day will often result in your weight being higher.
I think I've heard that is not unusual to gain as much as 5 pounds during the course of a day. So if your initial weigh in was in the morning and then you weighed in at night, you may be seeing changes that had nothing to do with the amount of fat in your body.

Actually on maintenance with LAWL you can eat all kinds of things. The book I got has exchanges for all sorts of things, so it is very like WW, in that you just have to fit it into your day and you can still be totally on plan. I believe the most restrictive part of the diet is during the Express portion which is just a month so that you have a good start to losing.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #4  
sscott

Welcome! I hope your day is going well. Like Dan said, post often on our weekly thread. It is great support!

I had to laugh at your username. I have been called Spacey Stacy my whole life. It started so early that I first didn't even realize that it could be insulting I am still frequently called Space by my family! Thanks for the smile!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #5  
Kelly

S/C/G: 216/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome ...I have heard them say the same thing that Barbara said...it is just getting you ready, so don't get discouraged. Follow the plan and it will come off and I know it is easier said than done, but listen to how your body feels and how your clothes feel and in no time you will know you have done the right thing. When I go off plan even for a day I can so tell how the bad stuff has a bad effect on me (why I do it then - I don't know), but when I am POP I feel so much better and if I haven't lost what I thought I should have, I just keep reminding myself how much better I feel without putting tons of junk into my body.
StevenBensMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Stacy!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #7  
LAWL

Default Welcome Stacey!

I just joined LAWL as well and I am already seeing great results. I plan my breakfast and lunch the night before and it really helps when I am at work. Another tip is to maybe have leftovers for lunch the next day. I usually cook an extra portion of veggies and protein just for that.
I do go grocery shopping once a week to keep everything well stocked.
You WILL lose if you stick to the plan exactly...
Good Luck!
jewel659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Welcome, Stacy!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  
Wife, mom, crazy woman...

S/C/G: 235/224/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey Stacy--

We have somewhat parallel stories-- can't wait to see how it goes for you. I am new too... glad to have support on the journey.
ggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #10  
Plan 3 w/Lites

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to sharing our journey.
spacystacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/268/150

Height: 5'6

Hey girl! I'm in the EXACT same boat. I was doing LAWL last year and lost over 30lbs and got pregnant also. I just had my baby in November and I'm now struggling to lose the weight. It used to be the first 20 lbs would fall off but now my body has changed from the pregnancy and I'm REALLY having to work for these lbs. to come off!
angemama is offline   Reply With Quote