Old 01-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #1  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Accountability/Menus/Planning 1/14 - 1/20

Are you looking for some accountability? This is a great place to get it and support too!

I decided to start a new thread here, because I notice that when I post things Sunday night they are often overlooked by the Monday thread, and I wanted all of the Accountability thread regulars know what I have been up to.

That said, sorry I have been MIA for most of this week! We had a conference at our church with dinners every day. So as you could imagine, a buffet with lots of not good for you foods. It has been both a blessing and a curse, a blessing because the kind pastors wife has made sure that we took plenty of food home (knowing our current financial situation) so we have, so far, been able to avoid a major grocery store trip. However, it's a curse because I am still a little weak to be trusted with these foods, and since I have not had much time to exercise after I get done with work before I had to leave for the meetings. That's not to say that I couldn't have made time for it (I made time for it one day this week, but that's it), but the end result is that I may have taken a few steps back.

Now that the conference is over, things really should settle down and I should be able to get back on my routine with my food journal and exercise. One pro to all of this, is that it's been about 2 months since I've really lost any weight, so starting up again full throttle may have a similar affect to when I first started my program in August. If not, though, I won't be disappointed. I know that if I stay true to my plan, it can only improve myself mentally, physically and yes, even emotionally.

As for my personal life -- I'm finally on a day schedule (for the most part) now. We (my fiance and I) still don't have any jobs, but my freelancing work is starting to pick up again. I have an interview on Tuesday with another company, and John is going on an interview on Thursday and the local community college.

My fiance keeps asking if I have given up on my diet. I don't care how bad it looks or how badly I've screwed up in anyone's eyes, in my eyes, I can tell a difference. Even when I have overate this week, I only felt mildly uncomfortable and never stuffed myself so full that I was miserable, as I have done in the past. It may not be the kind of improvement I want to have ultimately, but it IS an improvement. I am not discouraged by that in the least. Yes, I haven't been that good, but yes, I am going in a better direction than I was going a year ago.

I also find that as I continue down this and notice all of the changes, it is easier for me to admit things that I was embarrassed about before, like how much I used to eat a day, typically, or when activities tired me out but I always tried to "tough it out" so that I didn't look like my weight was holding me back.

I don't really want to lose weight so quick that my emotions can't keep up with the changes in my body. I also don't want to set myself up for failure by setting perfection as my standard to live by. Sure, maybe if I was perfect I would have lost another 10 to 20lbs by now, but there is NO sense in beating myself up over that, and I know it!

Anyway, there's also the added stress of beginning the serious preparations for my wedding with all of the financial setbacks that I have -- my parents are going to send me some money that they promised they would give me, so that will help me take care of some things before hand.

Last edited by rakel; 01-14-2008 at 09:19 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, 3FC Friends! Rakel, Thanks for getting us started today.

Hope everyone had a great on-plan weekend and are ready for a great on-plan week. So, what is your plan for today? Does everyone need accountability partners? What are you having to eat today?

One gentle reminder please.....for anyone who starts our weekly thread for us...please make sure the first post explains what this thread is about and invites everyone to join us. We have so many new posters here on the 100lb club and we certainly want everyone to know they are welcome.

Linda - Please let us know when you hear about the job. You must be on pins and needles. I'm hoping to hear great news for you.
Beverly - I hope you'll be able to exercise soon. It must be so frustrating.
Nicole - Glad to hear that you're still feeling motivated. After being around here for a while, we both know what it usually means when someone goes "silent."
Purple - Glad to hear that the cravings have gone away...that is reason to celebrate!
MJ - Hope your dog has a great weigh-in.

This morning, I have a doctor's appointment for my yearly physical. I'm fasting for my bloodwork...which is a really good thing. I need a jump start for getting back on-plan this morning. My weekend wasn't so great. I was upset about not losing anything and I allowed myself to comfort myself with food. Crazy, huh? I didn't make myself feel any better and I have a 1.6 pound gain to show for it. Today, I'm back on board and ready to do something. I'm re-starting Phase 1 of Southbeach and I will be on the treadmill everyday.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-14-2008 at 07:40 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

rakel--nice to hear from you, and I'm sorry things are so rough right now You are doing your best and keeping your health in the front of your mind, so you are doing better than a lot of people would in your situation. There is something really good coming your way I'm sure...you just have to keep looking for the cracked door and kick it open.

My plan for today:

1600 calories
4-6 bottles water
at least an hour of cardio, but I'm planning to do an hour this AM and an hour this evening

This is the kids busy day and I have a feeling I'll have to go get my daughter from school again...she insists on going even though I could tell she did not feel good, and she was just rotten and grumpy this morning, I was kinda glad when she got out of the van she is not normally like that, so I knew she was not feeling well. I think it might be a growing thing, she's just not been pleasant the past couple weeks
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I cannot belive it, but I forgot to weigh myself this am! Not a big deal, but Monday am is my weigh in and 'hopefully' move my ticker day! Oh well, I will do it tomorrow.

Rakel--Thanks for getting us started. Sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward.

Rhonda--Good luck at your physical today--not that you'll need luck, of course! Good for you for getting right back at it! That's cute, I can't wait to see what her weigh in is either!

Purplefirefly--Hope your daughter feels better soon! Sounds like a great plan for today!

Ok, I have a million things to do, but I finally at breakfast and have started drinking water, which are two good things!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...I had a good food day yesterday. I am glad.

Today I go see the foot doc - tell him that even being in the pool makes my foot hurt (still, 8 days later - ugh) & see what he says. Back is improving. YAY.

foot doctor
water, water, water,
journal food
PMA - positive mental attitude - this one is hard lately
meditation

breakfast - kashi cereal, soy milk, 1/2 banana
snack - cooked flax
lunch - eggwhite & cheese omlette, toast, asparagus
snack - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana
dinner - boca burger/lite cheese, sweet potato, green beans
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rhonda - yes...it's really frustrating to not be able to exercise and do the things I want. I just need to remember that - things heal in their own time frame. (not always mine) Thanks. Good luck at the doctor.

Mj5 - hope your ticker moves next weigh in...it's so rewarding when it does.

Purple - good plan..and hope your daughter feels better soon.

Rakel - here's to life getting a bit easier. Take care -

Everyone have a great and healthy day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-14-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, last day of Ph1, tomorrow oatmeal; here's today:
B - Deviled Eggs, V8, turkey bacon, coffee
S - string cheese
L - cottage cheese, cucumber, grape tomatoes
S - LCLC and celery, latte
D - Shrimp and Cashew Stir Fry
S - Yogurt

Rakel, good luck with the job hunting. I know it feels good to get back to a regular routine. That's so helpful with staying on plan. It's great that you can recognize the permanent changes you've made. That's one step closer to success!
Good for you Rhonda.You'll get through Ph1 this time!
hi purple, how old is DD? Maybe she has hit the grumpy stage!
Good morning mj!
Sorry your foot is still a bother beverlyjoy. Hope it heals up soon.
Hope all you chicks have a great day!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

Gosh, 2 weeks into the year already - it's flying by! Isn't that a sign I'm getting old?

Down 2 lbs this morning. Hopefully everything is starting to go in the right direction. I've got a session with my personal trainer tonight and hopefully she's going to come up with a new programme for me. It'd be good to move onto something different - as much as I'm enjoying the gym, it's starting to feel as if I'm at the start of a rut.

Rakel, sending you and John happy thoughts for your interviews!

Rhonda, yep, we've seen a few people come and go - I've done it myself on a couple of occasions! I am motivated, I'm trying to be around, but time is really against me at the moment. Good luck at the doctor's!

Purple, sounds like a good day! Hopefully your daughter's not too ill!

MJ, forgot to weigh yourself! Good grief!

Beverly, good luck with the foot doctor!

Schmoodle, yay for getting through Phase 1. Awesome stuff.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Rhonda I still haven't heard anything, so I sent her an email right at 9:00 this morning.

I'm starting to fear I didn't get it My immediate thought is that she didn't want me because of my fatness. I know it's illegal to do that, but they could say it was for any other reason. That's a bad way to look at it....but it's my automatic thought. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

I have a dilemma sitting right here in front of me on my desk that is more pressing at the moment however! My best friend stops by some mornings before she has to go to work. She is almost a big as me and we've been eating buddies since about grade 2. This morning she brought me a coffee and a Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W! I LOVE these and the smell is KILLING ME! I need to throw it out...but it's callllling me! It's over 600 calories.

I've been on plan and under calories for 13 days straight...I don't know if 5 minutes of greasy pleasure is going to feel good afterwards!

Hellllp!?!?!

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 01-14-2008 at 12:58 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W! I LOVE these and the smell is KILLING ME! I need to throw it out...but it's callllling me! It's over 600 calories.
Linda, you know what you should do. Throw it away! Now!....don't look, don't taste!! I know you're probably feeling a bit stressed with waiting for word about the job, but trust me....the Egger & hashbrown will not make you feel better.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

THANK YOU, my dear friend!!!!

I read your post, took the bag into the kitchen, opened everything and squished it into the yucky kitchen garbage. Not a bite....
Now THAT'S progress! Thanks for holding me up!

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 01-14-2008 at 01:15 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Whew, that was a close one, Rhonda and famograham! Good job guys!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the good vibes everyone! Today my eating has been much better, still no exercise though. I swear, applying for jobs is a full time job. I stepped on the scale today though and was surprised that I have only gone up a few pounds -- 277.5 - 278. I thought my many desserts would have made the damage a little more drastic, but nope. So that is at least encouraging!

Sorry about that Rhonda, I edited my post with an invitation, it totally slipped my mind!

Anyway, sounds like you girls are doing great! Keep it up!

Last edited by rakel; 01-14-2008 at 09:22 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Accountability friends! How is everyone?

Yesterday, I did stick to my committment to get on the treadmill. I did 60 minutes! Then, I followed up with some leg/butt exercises from my Jillian Michael's book. Boy, I could sure feel those exercises! My legs were feeling quite weak when going up and down the stairs last evening. I thought I would be very sore this morning, but nothing yet. I'm sure it will hit me later today or tomorrow morning. Eating was okay. On the way back from the doctors, I stopped for gas and got a doughnut and a Starbucks drink. I had a terrible headache...probably from the fasting. I know..not a good excuse. The good news is that I stayed on-plan for the rest of the day.

Nicole - Congratulations on your 2 pound loss!
Purple - How is your daughter feeling? It is very possible that she is going through "growing pains." I have two DDs, 11 and 8, and they put me through many many "growing pains."
MJ - You forgot to weigh?! My goodness....I can't imagine.
Beverly - What did the foot doctor tell you? I hope he had some great plans for helping you heal. So glad to hear that your back is better.
Schmoodle - Shrimp & Cashew stir fry sounds great. Is this a SB recipe?
Rakel - Its great news that your scales wasn't up as much as you imagined! Glad to hear that your eating was better. I know how stressful job hunting can be.
Linda - How's your job hunting situation? Still no word? I know that must be so frustrating. But, remember, if this job doesn't come through, there is something better out there for you.

Today's plan - Southbeach foods only, walking on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes and will do some type of upper body exercise/weight training.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-15-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks! I had a good food day yesterday.

I saw the foot doctor and he says that I've reinjured my postibular tendon in my foot and ankle. He padded it in a way that will take the pressure off. Absolutely no weight baring exercises for about six weeks. My back is improving - but, I'll just stick with gentle stretches for now. It's very frustrating to have to two problems at once. I'll get thru it.

I weighed myself yesterday and stayed the same again for a second week. It's disappointing - however, I feel like it's not just the weight....it's eating healthfully, too. So, I know that I've hit a plateau, apparently, and I will start losing again sooner or later (sooner would be best). Since I have this big wrap thingy on my foot - I won't weigh for a while. You know - times before - hitting a plateau would send me back to the food - and today I am at peace with where I am and will carry on with my healthy plan. Go figure.

Plans for today:

must get letters done
meditation
ice and heat on my parts
journal food
lots of water

breakfast - kashi go lean, flax, yogurt
snack - clemintine
lunch -turkey pastrami, light cheese, aspargus
snack - apple, light cheese
dinner - pancake, turkey sausage, spagetti squash
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rakel - glad to hear that your eating has been better. Good luck with the interviews. Sometimes looking for a new job can be a job in itself.

Famogram - good for you!!! Destroying that food was a good step. YAY.

Nicolen....down two pounds is fantastic! That's wonderful. I am glad your trainer will give you new ideas for the gym to keep in interesting.

Schmoodle - GREAT food plan. What LCLC - low calorie lite cheese??

Rhonda - 60 minutes on the treadmill is fantastic. Good for you. Hope all went well at the doctor's office. Carry on!

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-15-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Morning, everyone! DD was back to normal this AM, but yesterday she just had a very bad day. She got her very first card pulled at school because she forgot to take her notebook out of her bag and put it in her cubby hole. I felt it was a bit extreme to penalize her for forgetting something when she was late and having a stressful morning...she has never had a card pulled and is an extremely well behaved chid, so it did get to me that she has a bad morning and they make her pull a card for something she simply forgot, I'm sure she forgot because she was late and just not herself yesterday

I had a really good day yesterday, despite all that. Got in 2 hours of cardio, stayed right on calorie limit, and drank 6 bottles of water, at least. Today I'm going for another on plan day.

Beverly-- I hope everything heals soon...plateaus are hard, but even worse when you have other problems preventing you from bumping up exercise to break it.

Rhonda--EXCELLENT job on the treadmill!

rakel--You are so right! Looking for a job is stressful and time consuming...I still believe soemthing really great is on the way for you!

Linda-- That food has no power over you! You are strong in mind, spirit, and body...and YOU have the power to decide what crosses those lips. I'm very proud of you. And i"m proud of our little group here talking you through that....great work, ladies!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote