Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

Default Lean Pockets

This might have been talked about before, but I'm not sure. Anyway I bought a box of lean pockets (like hot pockets) tonight and had one for dinner. I'm rather unimpressed. I got the turkey/broccoli/cheddar one I believe. It didn't take very good and I'm really disappointed. Are there any lean/hot pockets that are actually REAL tasting????
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Some of them taste great. I love the philly steak ones and the ham and cheese, the pizza ones are pretty good. My daughter likes the chicken mexican ones can't remember their names. I eat them from time to time when I am in a hurry or they are haveing something high in fat for lunch. I like them because they are low in fat and not to bad on carbs. Eat them maybe once a week.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-04-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #3  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree they aren't real tasting to me either.. even though I used to eat them all the time. But recently I started making my own homemade version of Lean Pockets. I make some whole wheat pizza crust ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. Then when it's time for lunch I just throw in a bunch of ingredients that sound good. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. You could even cook them ahead of time and freeze so you can heat them up in the microwave later. The homemade ones are much more healthier than the real thing and much more delicious!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

That sounds soooo yummy!!! Maybe I'll make some of those up for dinner this week!
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #5  
LLV

I don't really bother with Lean Pockets. I agree, they're nothing exceptionally yummy and they're too many calories for the amount you get. To me they're just not very filling.

Think I'll give the idea of making my own a shot, thanks
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with LLV--for me, they're not very filling, and it's not enough food for the calories. Also, even the Lean versions don't have the greatest of ingredients--for the amount of calories, I could have something much healthier and more filling. I've never had a Lean or Hot Pocket that was so impressive in flavor that I tried to work it into my plan.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #7  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Actually the breakfast (cheese and bacon, i haven't tried the cheese and sausage) lean pockets are awesome!! They are sooo good!
The others are pretty bad though, you ladies are definitely right about that. But if you still have it in you to try another flavor, the bacon and cheese ones only have 150 calories and taste like real food (to me, and I usually eat two at a time, but that is really filling).

Last edited by mariarose; 01-05-2008 at 06:43 PM.
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I agree with LLV--for me, they're not very filling, and it's not enough food for the calories. Also, even the Lean versions don't have the greatest of ingredients--for the amount of calories, I could have something much healthier and more filling. I've never had a Lean or Hot Pocket that was so impressive in flavor that I tried to work it into my plan.
Same here. I don't bother with them.

Now, I DID try the whole grain Lean Pockets because they're much lower in calories than the regular Lean Pockets. But I didn't like the flavor or the texture very much.

However, I agree with Maria about the breakfast pockets. Those are great for a quick snack to take the edge off of hunger until you can eat a meal. They're much smaller than the regular pockets, but they're definitely tasty and way lower on the calorie scale.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I LOVE the breakfast sausage, egg, and cheese Lean Pockets! I havent found any others I enjoy.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #10  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Pizza is my favorite, though if I am craving pizza it falls short of quenching my salvation for ghetto Italian/American food. Homemade is the best way to go, that way... it'll be more like reheated pizza.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258 / 254 / 150

Height: 5'9"

I enjoy the breakfast lean pockets, but beware because the sodium on them is a lot higher than more fulfilling foods.
Jen071310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

The only lean pockets I like are the philly cheese steak ones, but then again they're not very filling for all the calories that I remember them having in them, so I don't even bother with those... They're just one of those 'not worth it' foods.

Last edited by Horo; 01-14-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #13  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I'd rather have a lean cuisine than a lean pocket... they are so yummy... and for a 'treat' my fav's are the pizza or panini's
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote