Old 01-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #1  
Wife, mom, crazy woman...

S/C/G: 235/224/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Okay-- how do I handle this?

I started LAWL last week. Had a great TO-- lost 5 lbs. I have been doing the food plan for 2 days now and I go back in on Wednesday for my next w/i, etc.
Here's my concern-- they are REALLY pushing the Lites. I have told them that I want to do a food only option, but they insist I at least do the lites this week. (they provide them with the purchase of the plan for the first few days). She said, "Everyone starts with the Lites."

Here's a big concern for me. Aside from the high cost of the Lites, we are going to be relocating in about a year to another country where I won't have access to anything like the Lites (or really alternatives... it's a 3rd world country). I want to learn how to do the plan with FOOD.

How do I get them off my back?

All their literature says the plan is "all about me" but when I tell them what I want, they just want to sell me more.

Any thoughts?
ggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

If they mention it again, I would just say something like, "Thank you, but we've had this conversation already. I hope you will respect my decision and my wish that we not discuss it again." That would be a nice polite way to tell them to shut up about it I think.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

My counselors were great and only had to tell them once. I would suggest just telling them that you are not interested and you would like them to quit pressuring you about it as well. Once you tell them that you feel like you are being pressured they may let up.

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 01-13-2008 at 12:39 PM.
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #4  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Have you told them that you are relocating in the distant future? Maybe letting them know that you don't want to get started with it seeing that you won't be able to keep it up once you leave will be enough. If not, do what Angie said. That'll let them know you aren't interested! Good luck!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257.5/174.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I dont personally do lawl, but my sister here in florida is doing it, and her center closed down, and from what she said, she has paid for a years worth of lites(i think this is what she said) and now has no way of getting her lites, which she really didnt want to buy, but she said they were extremely agressive with her, and when she said she didnt have the money, they put her on some sort of carecredit???? program, which is financing of some sort. I know she feels really bad right now, and is kind of embarrassed about paying upfront for these things, and now cant even get them. i would just caution anyone, regardless of the program they are on, not to buy anyting that they dont want or really cant afford. Its hard enough trying to lose the weight, you dont really need the added stress of having to deal with sales presure. good luck to you with your weight loss journey.
fabat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Just mention that you have a soy intolerance, and they will get off your back. I had planned on doing that......and then, low and behold after about a month of using lites.....I discoveverd I DO infact have a soy intolerance. I was getting horrible stomach aches, bloating, gas, and skin irritations. I was told that I may need a doctor's note, so I got one (I had an appt anyway), but I never had to give it to them. I am not against lites, sometimes I really with I could use them cuz they are a great tool.......but I also wanted to learn this program with FOOD also. Best of luck to you......and hang in there. They are a company, and they are in it for a profit.......but, you did pay for a service, and you should receive that service without being harassed.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Like Nicole I have a soy intolerance. Told them that on my first visit and acted really disappointed that ALL of their products are soy based and now they wouldn't sell me the lites if I begged them. They would be totally libel for any problems I developed because I told them about my allergy and it is in my chart.

I know they can be really agressive in selling the products, but I totally agree with how Angie suggested you tell them to stop pressuring them. You should not have to give them any reasons, just that you chose to do the plan with food only should be enough. You may want to pull the center manager aside and request that she handle it, put a note in your folder, whatever it takes. You should not have to deal with that every time you go to the center.

Just my 2 cents.
Good luck
Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Tell them you've tried and they give you a heartburn...
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

I agree with the others advice about soy intolerance. I personally didn't do lites when I returned to the program 4 yrs ago due to nursing a baby who was lactose intolerant. I too acted sooo disappointed and when I restarted this year after my 3rd son, I did the same thing. They were quick to point out when I had weaned that I could return to lites. They gave me a free trial pack. I tried and I didn't feel great at all eating them, now. I don't do lites and I don't let them pressure me. Just say no!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote