Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Angry I AM AWESOME-- sigh...

So today was going to be a perfect day. I was going to eat right, drink my water and exercise. I am a new SAHM (this was my first full week) and was, quite frankly, looking forward to my husband being home so I could shower before 10:30 am without listening to a monitor. THEN... my husband gets a stomach virus and has been sequestered in the basement, per my request and his lack of energy, all day. Instead of taking it in stride, I turn into a maniac. I went to the pharmacy to get him some pop to defizz and some pepto and magically a pack of three oreo cakesters and a carton of malted milk balls falls into my cart. The oreo cakesters hardly make it out of the parking lot (mind you that I am eating them in the car whole trying to hide from others that I am eating something-- God forbid someone see my big self eating something bad for me while driving. I am not making that up, I seriously ate them whole.) Now, I am staring at an EMPTY carton of malted milk balls. Not a small one at 13.2 ounce carton of malted milk balls. Empty. I ate them. All. Myself. Did I happen to mention that I didn't even like them that much?

Oh My Gosh... I cannot believe I did that. Actually, I can't believe I am sharing that I did that. I have lost my mind.

Thanks for listening to me rant. It is appreciated.
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I am proud of you for sharing! Now, pick yourself up, get back on plan and forget about it. What is done, is done. You can't change it. You CAN learn from it. None of us are perfect on this journey. What is important is that you get right back on plan NOW. You will hardly notice a blip on your weight loss radar. As long as you get back at it.

You CAN do this!!!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

It is GOING to be OK.
You have obviously done amazing things already...you've lost 53 POUNDS!

Being a new SAHM is a daunting task! I'm so proud of you!I've been home for the past 5 years and am just now looking into returning to some kind of work outside the house. It is a VERY honourable job...you're doing what is best for your child/children.

Staying home is also a very big job..please give yourself a bit of a break, and a little time to adjust.
Take some time to reward yourself with something other than food, and LOVE yourself for the choices you have made. You're at home now, so you can hopefully find some time to dedicate to you

Forget about the malt balls and the oreos (yum) and look at tomorrow with fresh eyes....and DON'T take any guilt with you...it was one moment...and you're obviously capable of making great choices!

You can do this!
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

My, my, my, I so recognize myself in your "episode". I am sure people were amazed at how big I had gotten considering they rarely saw me eat poorly. I did a lot of eating in the car or when no one was home... these are the most trying times for me. I now try to prevent spending much time alone in a car with food and keep busy doing other things at home. What I am trying to get at is... you are not alone!

It is over now so just move forward and put this behind you. You can do this!! We all believe in you.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

it was one slip, one day -- next time, if there is a next time, don't waste it on something you don't even like LOL might as well get your favourite thing!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #6  
brudev07

S/C/G: 200/135/125

Height: 5'5''

I want to thank you for writing this post, and everyone else for replying to it. Today I did almost exactly what you did. Seeing your post helped me not feel so alone and seeing everyone's post helped me put what has happened in perspective.

I've messed up in the past and I know that I will again. The issue isn't whether we mess up, the issue is how we deal with it. This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. And this was just one day in my life, as long as we get back on the 'wagon' tomorrow, it'll be ok. And you know what, it's a cliche, but tomorrow really is a brand new day. And I am excited to get up and get back on my plan.

We can do this!
brudev07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there Lady...like others said it was one day. You just made a lifestyle change and there are bound to be adjustments.

Forgive yourself and make tomorrow a better day! Let us know how tomorrow is!!!

Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the world of SAHM, the best job ever. What is it about malt balls and having a baby? They always went together in my life. Something about crunching I think.

You've lost so much already, I'm sure you haven't let this happen very often. Cheering you on
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #9  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Been there, done that. You will be fine, tomorrow is a new day and it, too, has the potential to be the PERFECT day that you were envisioning for today. Hang in there, you are doing amazing and have lost 53 pounds already, that is awesome.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #10  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Hang in there! Anyways, perfection's overrated
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #11  

We all just freakin' eat too much sometimes. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start fresh. Progress not perfection should be the goal. There are no perfection anyway, perfection is a myth. Progress is possible. You are freakin' awesome.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hey Darlin' one downfall does not a disaster make. Look at all your progress! The others are right, stop kicking yourself. Get up, dust yourself off and move forward. I won't say don't look back because you have made tremendous progress. We are all behind you. PS I can see this happening to me BECAUSE IT HAS.

ox
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think sometimes we set ourselves up for a fall with the notion of "perfect" -- not that we can't have great days! But when we fall short of perfection, there's a tendency to think we've failed. You haven't failed. You had a blip. We've all had the blip. The blip is part of the process.

As others mention, what's important is what you do next. I think two things bear mentioning.
1) try to figure out why it happened and how to avoid it in the future. Maybe something about the stress of dh being sick, or the fear of NOT having a perfect day? Or nothing to reach for in your purse? Looking back, can you try to learn from what happened so it might not happen again.

2) get past it. It happened. It's over. And it needn't make a failure!!!

Good luck!!

Last edited by Heather; 01-13-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
As others mention, what's important is what you do next. I think two things bear mentioning.
1) try to figure out why it happened and how to avoid it in the future. Maybe something about the stress of dh being sick, or the fear of NOT having a perfect day? Or nothing to reach for in your purse? Looking back, can you try to learn from what happened so it might not happen again.

2) get past it. It happened. It's over. And it needn't make a failure!!!

Good luck!!
I couldnt have said it any better.

This binge does not define your whole journey. You've made awesome progress and can continue to do so. Please take some time to think about what happened and come up with some alternative plans for handling things in the future....then, keep going!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote