View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
Floprieto

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking Banana Bread Bars

Bread Bars

This is my current favorite portable recipe. It makes 6 bread bars that taste great from freezer to microwave (or just thawed at your desk at work).

3 MF Oatmeals (I used the Maple)
2 MF Puddings (I used Banana)
1 MF Eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp flax meal (optional)
¼ cup water
¼ cup Sugar Free caramel syrup (optional, water will do fine)
Water
Splenda (optional)
¼ cup almonds (optional)

Grind flax meal with coffee grinder (optional) and put in bowl. Grind oatmeal and add to flax meal, pudding, and eggs. Add baking power and mix well. Add liquids to make a very thick batter and sweeten to taste with Splenda. Prep 8/12 by 4/1/2 by 2 ½ bread loaf pan with Pam. Pour batter in and tap pan until batter is level.

Grind nuts and press into top of loaf with spoon deep enough so they won’t fall out. I have tried pecan, pistachio, walnuts, and almonds with success.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. The bread with be dense/moist due to the pudding. Flip onto cookie sheet and cool for 15 mins. Divide into 6 bread bars and space out on sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for ½ hour and then take out and put bars into snake size bags and put back into freezer. Warning, if you put directly into bags without cooling first, you will get frost covered bars

On your way out to work, just grab a few for breakfast or other meals
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote