Old 01-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Diet Buddy???

Hey,
I'm new to this site and very impressed with the support system here.
Being 49 with OLD and CRS (old and can't remember s!*t). I feel overwhelmed trying to post on the chat and remember everybody long enough to write a response that makes sense.
I could use an accountability partner.
I have been trying to lose weight for forever. Have done WW for about 5 years without any significant loss......Not a total waste of time, however, cause it kept me from gaining another 50 pounds. I find I can maintain my weight easily on the CORE program, but not lose weight.
So, this time I'm doing low carb, pretty strictly, with the plan being to lose to my goal and then gradually add good carbs until I can maintain. To avoid self sabotage, I'm not weighing myself for 5 months (if i can hold out!!!), but just sticking with it until my 50th BD (in may). My thinking is that if I lose a significant amount of weight, say at least 25 pounds, that would be great incentive not to gain it back, but to stick with it. I had been losing say 5 or 10 pounds and then plateauing and giving up in frustration. So, no scale this time!!!!!
The plan is to throw out all the baggy clothes, buy new and don't allow myself to gain weight again.
I have a wonderful walking buddy that I meet and walk/run with 5/days a week, we've been doing it for almost a whole year. I need to add weights and get back to my yoga in addition. But for now I'm just trying to get somewhat organized and make this low carb eating a habit....then work on adding more exercise. I also need to work on emotional eating and compulsive evening eating to be able to maintain a loss. I'm not drinking at this time, and need to also work on limiting my drinking (love that wine and those martinis!) to maintain a loss also.
I'm married with 4 children....two at home, one in college and one married. Three cats, two dogs, one tortoise and two rats.
I want to be fabulous by 50!
Anyone else needing support?
TIA
Fluffy
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #2  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

hi way2fluffy (i had to go back to remember your name) i will be 49 in may this year and decided that i would like to lose some flab before my 50th. i have been married for 32 years and have 3 grown up sons and 1 grandson. i went to ww about 10 years ago and lost about 5 stone. needles to say i have put it all back on and some???. i dont have scales in my home , i may get some. i am on a low carb diet, and have done well for 8 days now. i could do with a buddy. my mum died 8 weeks ago and an extra friend would be great. hope you are keeping your hand out the cookie jar lol. i have a bebo page if u want to know more. keep trying cu linda
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #3  

Linda,
So sorry about your mother. Good for you to keep with a diet....I might be tempted to use grief as an excuse to stuff my face.
It would be great to be your buddy. Would you rather e-mail? I just realized that I don't have a "bebo" page.....Ha! So I'll send you an email if you prefer or we can just post through the "private message" thingy that I see up on the right top side underneath our names?
I'm new to this site and haven't figured out all the perks, so I'm not sure how the whole "private message" thing works.
Let me know.
Later,
Fluff
Old 01-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #4  

Hey there Fluff,

I just joined this site a few minutes ago.

I would love to be your internet buddy. I need someone to motivate me, listen to me when I am down etc..and I assume you might need the same as well.

I am 47. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago, too, the meds and gained a ton of weight in a very short amount of time. Silly me, I thought I could stop the meds and the weight would melt off just as fast....WRONG! So here I am, fat and out of shape.

I joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have been going religously every day. I do an hour of cardio and then weight training 4 days a week. This is harder, in my opinion, than giving birth.

Today has been a down day which is why is why I started searching the net and found this site.

I hope to hear from you.

Cindy
CindyBluvs2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #5  

Cindy,
Well I tried to private message you but you have to have posted 10 times to do that. Oh well, still trying to find my way around this site.
So sure! Lets buddy up to be successful!
I really really NEED to get this weight off and I'm tired of failure.
Someone said that it takes 6 weeks to develop a new habit so since you are starting the exercise thing my advice is not to be too hard on yourself. Get into the habit of getting there to exercise and realize that sometimes you will giving it your all, and some days you will just do a little bit, but be proud that you are carving out the time to do it. Also, sometimes you will need a day off, just be sure to get right back to it. Is there anyone that you could buddy up with to exercise? I have been successful for almost a full year because I didn't want to let my walk/run buddy down. HA! I know that I wouldn't have done that on my own for sure. We meet at 5:45 in the morinng( We even took a couple of weeks off in the summer for vacation and for holidays etc......knowing that she was waiting got me right back to it. Isn't that silly logic? I wouldn't do it for me, but I didn't want to let her down! But it works that way for her too.
Unfortunately, dieting doesn't work that way. I have to do this for MY health and when I cheat or give up, I'm only hurting myself. DUH.
Well, looking back over this post, I'm sure full of it. Hopefully, some stuff will be helpful and motivating to you. If I could just "do as I say" I would have had success years ago!
What kind of eating plan are you using? I think you said low carb, but my CRS is kickin......
Later,
Fluffy
Old 01-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #6  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

hi fluffy ,only me. i think i have found a way to post u a private message. just go on to my name and post me the amount of messages that allow you to reach 10. i hope that works. i am just going to try and send you a private message. i hope u are having a good day today. my day has went well. speak later and see if i have figured this sit out.
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #7  

Default one

one
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #8  

Default 2

two
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #9  

Default 3

three
Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #10  

Default 4

four
Old 01-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #11  
Izzy

S/C/G: 274/268/199

Height: 6'

Any chance you need another buddy? I just joined and am also looking for some online support. I'm 48, married with 2 adult children and went back to WW last week. I work FT but am online at night and would love to work with others on this weight loss battle! I have email, myspace messaging or on here.

Izzy
Izzy906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Hello everybody...I found a great website for low-carb recipes if you haven't already heard...check it out "Linda's Low-Carb Recipes" and alot of the stuff found there is really great....Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote