South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

Happy Friday!

We were going to keep the girls out of school today and go skiing instead, but it's raining cats and dogs outside, so that's out. Audrey is still feeling a teeny bit under the weather anyway, so it's for the best.

I'm rushing around here getting my lunch packed up and getting dinner preps underway for supper tonight. I had planned to make chili for today, but I don't have all the ingredients for it, so I'm making Jake some Cordon Blue and just a grilled chicken breast for myself with some roasted green beans. I guess we'll spend the afternoon at the library again, or maybe Boomers, since it's raining.

What's on your agenda for this day?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good moring Cottage! despite the weather it sounds like you have a nice day planned.

We are suppose to have bad weather today to include tornado warnings - good thing I'll be on the couch again watching HGTV. Dh says it's a bad thing that I am home on bed rest watching HGTV cause just from yesturday I gave him a long list of to do's.

Good morning to those not yet up and at it.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls!

I woke up this morning to a beautiful snow falling, that was slush and freezing rain by the time I got out of the gym and hour and a half later. It was so pretty as snow and so not pretty as brown slush.

Hope you find something good to do today, Linda!

Heal up, Gonna! You need to get that body back on track again!

Nuttin' much happened today. It was Clean the House Friday so everything's dusted and vacuumed and swept and scrubbed. It's amazing how many little dust bunnies collect in just a week's time! I sweep every day and yet somehow, behind the kids' door and under the couch they just congregate. Must be a bunny convention area or something.

I have apple-cranberry cobbler cooling on the stovetop and I cannot wait to dig in! MMmmmmmm!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #4  

[B]GONNA[B], I hope you feel a bit better today! That's sounds pretty tempting, though, laying on the couch all day watching HGTV. That's practically all we watch on TV anymore! I love to watch those decorating shows.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #5  

Hey there, Kara! Ummm, that cobbler sounds delicious!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! You know, I'd sort of forgotten that TV is on in the daytime> When I recuperate, I can add another bad habit!

I guess Spring is over. We got a skiff of snow last night although the temps are going to stay just at freezing. Suits me fine although we do need more snow to cover up my and brown plants.

Donna comes this afternoon to deep clean upstairs. I hope she can make it. There seem to be a lot of cancellations and reschedulings happening. She is going to be working part time at Bob's Diner. It's supposed to be just weekends but......

Have a great Friday and a super weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning

Cottage Enjoy your day. Hope Audrey is back to 100% by tomorrow.

Gonna Feel better and take care of yourself today. People thnk I'm crazy because I don't have an issue with earthquakes but am terrified of tornadoes.

Kara I wish it would snow here. We used to spend every other Christmas with my grandparents in Jersey and I miss it. Then I really stop and think about it and Southern Californians can't even drive in the rain it would be disasterous if it ever did snow.

Me It's been really slow at work so I'm ahead of schedule on the cleaning. No plans for the weekend yet so maybe I'll spend my day thinking of some. Have a great day everyone.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Ruth
(simulposting) Have a nice day.
THINBYJUNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm so bad. I'm eating up that cobbler here at ten at night. It was good, though, and I'm not going to feel guilty because an occasional treat is not going to set me back. I love this positive attitude!

Dawn, where are your grandparents in Jersey? We're from a tiny little town right across the bridge from Philly. People always tell me I don't "sound" like I'm from New Jersey. I tell them I'm not from New York, I'm from the garden part of the Garden State, you know, with the cows and apple orchards and all that good stuff. People don't even know that there are farms in New Jersey! I grew up not knowing about the metropolitan areas, so I guess we're even. "We're going into the city," meant a trip to Philadelphia!

Ruth, you'll have to watch some Food Network for me. Could you catch an episode or two of Alton Brown, please? I miss Alton Brown.

Off to clean up from dinner (I know - I said it's 10:00 - it is - the evening totally got away from me!). Have a nice day!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Friday morning all you early-rising chicks! (and Kara, too!)

Cottage: Could you send some rain our way? We could really use it. Hope your day is a good one and that Audrey is back to herself soon!

GonnaBe: Oooooh, a day on the couch with HGTV sounds divine! I need some ideas for my office/craft/workout room. Could you pick up some tips for me? Have a good day!

Kara: Sorry about the bunny convention! I'm sure we've got one going on here. I hate that slushy stuff - makes the world look so dirty! Have a great night.

Ruth: I hope Donna shows up for you. I forget about tv during the day as well, but I'm at work all day. I'm betting that you'll be going stir crazy during your recuperation. You just don't seem like the type who enjoys sitting on her heinie!!

Dawn: I'm glad the cleaning is going so well. We're pretty slow in the office as well, so I'm going to spend some time today rearranging files. Should be fun! Hope you cook up some great ideas for the weekend.

Me: Not much going on today. I've got to take some time from work this morning and go pick up my books (ordered them online and doing in-store pick-up), get my id card and get my parking permit. After that, I should be completely set for school next Thursday. Of course, I still have to attend my orientation on Monday and Tuesday, but now I know everything will be taken care of.

Tonight will be deep cleaning the front of the house. I usually do the whole house on Saturdays, but DH has a friend coming over to watch the playoff games, so I need to get it done tonight. I guess that means my Saturday will be a little less busy than usual. Yeah right - I'm sure I'll find enough stuff to fill my day. I think I may clean out/reorganize "my" room. It needs a good cleaning!

Well, DH is out of the shower, so I guess that it's my turn. Hope everyone has a great day today!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!
What a week glad Friday is here that means I made it!

Cottage- chili sounds good. need to get atleast one pot in before it starts to warm up here. Hopefully this weekend.

Gonnabe- get better.

Kara- Those darn dust bunnies like to move in don't they.

Ruth- Stay warm. Hope you get more plant covering if you have temps like that.

Thin-My kids wish for snow too! I told them that would be the only way I would keep them out of school. I feel the same way about the driving and rain I couldn't imagine what it would be like with snow!!!!

Me- made it through the week. On day 11 of phase 1 and hanging in there. I think I am going to add wheat back first on phase 2. I have been wanting really bad something salty and crispy so I am looking forward to triscuits. 4 more days I can do this!! WOW 4 more days, I can do it.
phxsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #12  

Morning everyone. I am jealous of all the snow everyone is getting. It is rare and never sticks here in Florida. The last time I saw it snow here was in 1989, lol.

My day is rather a boring one today. First I have kitchen chores, fun. I have to unload the dishwasher and sweep and mop, then I am starting my chilli for tonight since I did not get to it last night.

I am teaching six college courses right now, so I am going to have to spend about 3 hours this morning grading papers so I do not have to do so on the weekend. I got my Quick and Easy SBD cookbook in the mail yesterday, so now I have two cookbooks to go through.

If the weather is nice I will take the kids out in the wagon for a walk this afternoon and then I promised Olivia we could try out her new water color paints.

If the two of them manage to go down for a nap at the same time I hope to get some recreational reading in on my Dresden book.

I know I lead a boring life, lol. Not sure what to do for lunch. I will probably do some fresh veggies and cottage cheese for protein. I don't really feel like meat today. I had canadian bacon and an egg beater green onion ommelete for breakfast.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, quick one for me today. Work is busy, busy, busy! Wrapped up 2 of the 3 loans I was hoping to be able to close and within inches on the 3rd. Found out yesterday they are closing one of our sister offices so tomorrow I have to goto that office and pack up all files and empty 8 desks so the guys can move everything here. My office is going to be in shambles on Monday with days of sorting to do (Dawn??????). Gaining one new employee out of this, and interviewing another today. I went from an office full of women to an office full of men with me being the only female!

Day 6 of P1 and doing well! I am back down to my before the holidays weight and the cravings seem to be gone! I was going through the book lastnight and see that when you go back to P1 after P3 you may only need to do it for a week so I think I am going to bring back my beloved oatmeal on Monday!

Alright I have a million things to do so I better get crackin! Have a great day chicks!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #14  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

A quick good morning from school. I woke up to no internet connection at home this morning and spent a couple of hours on the floor under my desk with tech support instead of working. Finally figured out it was my son's wireless router. Got it up again just in time to leave for school, so have to do what I was supposed to do this morning as soon as I get home...then have to start on the big house/yard overhaul before my company gets here on Monday. I see a long tiring weekend ahead.

It's 43 and sunny here today after 2 days of storms and tornado warnings. At least I can get yard work and storm mess cleaned up.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Hello Chicks-(I havent been called a chick in a lonnnnnnnng time)
this is second post-DH and I have been on phase 1 almost a week and both feel great, maybe 4 lb lost each.
another week to go, then we will probably add a fruit and a grain daily.
What kind of triscuits can I have? any flavor? Husband like oatmeal, what brand? Guess I need to find a good cereal, kashi or other?
thanks for letting me ask many questions-everyone is so helpful.
Personal info-will turn 50!!!! in July trying to lose about 30 by then.
One stepson 17 who lives with mom. 2nd marriage for both, easier to eat this way when you are both doing it. Have a great weekend. Go Cowboys.
SAnativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote