Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #1  
FBD/8-18-08

Default Happy New Year!

Hi to all my old friends and hopefully the new ones I'll make.
I saw Cassie's post a few pages back and I know what she's going through! With a 17 yr old working, driving, a 14 yr old NOT working, driving, and a part time job that's going 40-50 hours a week, WHEW! I've been on and off the last several months, eating the junk at the bowling center, enjoying the holidays, and supporting my dh in his weight loss. Well, he's 84 pounds and doing the rest on his own because our center closed too. He's reached goal and they gave him all the "stuff" he needs to complete the course. They even gave him the stuff I need to finish... so as I said to him just before 2008 came in, it's my turn now! I don't really think he realized just how consumed he was and how self centered he was during the past year and a half but now he does and he's behind me to accomplish what he has.
I started all over Tues. doing the unlimited proteins and now I'm back on red. Gotta get the Christmas tree back in the attic so I can get to the treadmill, so that's our project on my day off, Friday.
Hope all is well with all my dear friends!
Hugs and blessings,
Pearl
PS - don't know how much I'll be out here, the site is a LOT slower for me than it used to be... and of course, I'm still on dial up! (bummer!) I'm actually cutting in on sleep time to get this done... so g'night!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Pearl!!!!! So good to see you. We have missed your words of wisdom and encouragement around here. Sorry that life is so crazy/busy for you, your schedule wears me out. Congrats to your hubby for reaching his goal and you are right, now it is time to take care of you!! Pop in as much as you can. I hear ya about that dial up. I live 10 miles out of town, but it might as well be 100. Cruddy cell phone reception and no high speed internet.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Pearl!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #4  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Welcome back Pearl! It's so nice to see you, and to hear that you are going to spend some time focusing on what you need.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #5  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Pearl! I was just thinking about you yesterday and hoping that all was well. It's so good to hear from you! Welcome back!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Pearl!! We miss you!!

Time to upgrade the internet so we can get you around here more often!

Good luck getting started again.. You can do it!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #7  
One pound at a time...

Pearl! So great to see you again! I am back as well having just battled through a severe illness over the summer. I am motivated and back on track. Let us make 2008 our year!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

What a way to brighten my day......hello dear friend, Pearl !!! We are so good at caring for all of those around us, why oh why is it sooo difficult for us to care for ourselves???? The worst part is.......we know we need to do it, we truly want to do it, yet it always get placed on the back burner. You can do this, Pearl.........this is YOUR year
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Pearl! I was excited to see you back. Sorry that you've been so busy. The bowling alley must not have sold and closed.

Go ahead and put yourself and your weight loss as a priority. I always felt terribly selfish doing that in the past (so I dropped my daughter off at college and joined LAWL the next week). I have no idea why I waited. Everyone seems so much happier to have a thinner me and to be eating healthier themselves at my house.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #10  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Dear Pearl
I'll write more later but had to take a second to say WELCOME BACK

we missed you
xoxo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #11  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Pearl - I was just thinking about you last week and that it's been a while since we heard from you and here you are!! How nice to hear from you. Like everyone else has said, it's time to put yourself first. Everything will fall into place even though it seems like it won't. Have a great rest of the week and hope to see you on here more!!

Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

OH Pearl, it is so good to see you! I was wondering about you the other day when I took down my tree and looked at the beautiful angel ornaments that you made me last year. I am thrilled to see you back!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #13  
FBD/8-18-08

Thanks for the warm welcome back. You all are the truest of friends, always waiting with welcome arms to receive the Prodigals back! I'm blessed!
As for work.... nope, not sold yet. In the works... whatever that means. We do have a new President as of this week and it seems to be a great change. He's an avid (sp?) bowler and I've known him since I've been there but didn't really know him.
Once again, my hours have changed and now I seem to be working day shifts and evening shifts and I'm trying to get adjusted to it. It's really hard when you close on a Monday or Tuesday and get home around midnight and then have to open the next day at 8:30 and have to get up at 6:30... Okay, enough of the wah wahs! I'm over it. After all, I still love what I do and my customers are the best! I really love them. Just today, one of the seniors gave me a nickname... "Smiley" because he says I'm always smiling when he sees me. Not a bad nickname considering the other manager is called "Meanness" and "Miss Attitude".
As for LAWL/PUR... yep, it's my year! One day at a time, one moment at a time. Today, my boss wanted me to try some of those expensive peanuts with all the different coatings... he was a little put out when I refused but I told him, "You're not wrecking my diet!" and he realized what he was doing and apologized. He's almost 400 pounds and I can't get him to eat anything healthy (literally!). I'm hoping he'll see me lose and realize it can be done.
Well, enough about me, anyone else lose their center? It was really sad for dh, as he had made great friends there. He (and they) had signed a contract to do a commercial on his success because of the so few successfull men on the program. I'm really sorry because he really deserved the "limelight" for a change.
Well, gotta go. I'll be back soon!
Hugs and blessings everyone!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #14  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

DH was sitting in the room when I looked on and shouted "PEARL's BACK!!..Oh my god...Pearl's back!" yes, this will be your year and my year. Let's do this once and for all! Congrats to DH and tell him you have to report on this site about all the support he gives you as you meet your goal! Have fun digging out the treadmill tomorrow. Welcome home, Pearl, welcome home (I stole that line from Extreme Home Makeover!).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote