Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default How much does your CSA cost?

So I'm looking into doing a CSA. I meant to last year but didn't get around to it before my local ones were sold out.

I saw a blog where someone mentioned they paid $12/week for their CSA.

The cheapest thing I can find here is $25/week, some near $40/week.

Just curious, how much do CSAs generally cost?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I had two, at different times. One was $28, delivered, the other was $24, but I had to pick it up.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Hmmm. Mine is $475 for a season that runs from June to mid-November, depending on the weather. Assume 22 weeks ... that's about $22 per week. The price also includes unlimited U-pick and delivery to a central pick-up place (not door-to-door).
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh I should also say that there isn't any delivering involved in the prices I've found so far. These are all pick up from the farm.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

The ones I have seen are usually between $450 and $600 (full share) June-October. This was CO and Nashville.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Mine is ~ $15/week for a June-October season, if you pay in full before May1. (which reminds me I need to re-register)

Mine has the option of pickup at the farm, at a couple different farmers markets, or since we live in intel-worship-land, they will bring it to intel and you could pick it up there if you work there (they are the largest employer in our county). The best part about farm pickup is they lay out all the extras that are not farmers market worthy and you can get them free - stuff that is getting a little less fresh usually, or they just have way to freaking much. Last year I got 12 pints of "must be made in to jam TODAY" strawberries free, and yeah about half had to be tossed, but I got 6 good pints out of the 12.

Edit to add....I believe my farm is cheaper because they decided a few years ago that since so many people were requesting "1/2 shares" they just split the shares.

Last edited by ennay; 01-10-2008 at 02:24 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

I get mine air-freighted and pay $38/box. These come from Full Circle Famrs in WA year round and come in 3 sizes, and you can get them weekly or every other week. I get a small box every other week and sometimes its all we can use. It goes to a central (indoor) location for pickup. I can find out online the Thurs before a Tues delivery what will be in the box, and I can substitute up to 5 items. (I also can have several - 3? - permanent substitutions). And, everytime some signs up using me for a referral I get a box free, though I still have to pay the $9 delivery fee. A lot of people in town use this service. When I go after work to get my box, there are usually about 20 left, and they're available from 3 pm, so others have been picked up, and I know some people with families get boxes every week.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #8  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

This is one I did for a year:

Regular: $19.50/week Large - $36.95/week

Right now, we have an organic/local-when-available operation that I use. There is precious little that is local in Indiana in the winter:

http://www.farmfreshdelivery.com/
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

$26 a week for a large box and $20 for a small one, picked up at a drop off site in my neighborhood. There's not much difference between the two sizes though!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote