Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 03:36 PM   #1  

Default Tae -bo anyone??

Just curious about people's interest in it, I still do it. Saw he made another one, anyone else try it?? Or any other kick boxing??

Latisia
Old 04-11-2002, 03:47 PM   #2  

Default Sorry!?

Just realized someone else wrote on this subject, Didnt mean that. If anyone does want to talk about the second tape he started I am want to get it, Is it good for beginners?? I really love his first tape, It is a GOOD WORKOUT!!

Latisia
Old 04-14-2002, 12:36 AM   #3  

Default A Funny Thing Happened While Doing My Taebo;

I like Taebo, but if you can visualize my kicking, and making my moves with a 16 month old, 2 year old, a 4 year old and a 7 year old all looking on like I have lost my marbles, they figure Grandma has gone over the edge. I have them most days too, and by the time they take a nap, I'm ready for one also. So my husband and I get up an hour earlier and walk at least 30 minutes. I hope I can keep it up, I know my husband has bad knees, and besides the treadmill or stationary bike, he's kind of limited to what he can do. He seems to be adapting to walking though,I'll admit some mornings are harder then others to get out of bed. Judy
Old 04-14-2002, 10:45 PM   #4  

hey Judy, I know what you mean, My baby looks at me like, what the heck is she doing??( he is 15 months) My DH is always laughing at something, so I do it when he is at work. Walking is very good. I try to incorporated that, with weights and tae bo. what level are you using?? I am still on basic . plan to go up soon.

Is anyone using tae bo 2?

Keep me posted on your progress Judy, ok

Latisia
Old 04-16-2002, 02:28 PM   #5  

Moving up.. I am going to go to advanced soon, keep saying it, need to do it, what kind of floor exercises does it involve??

stay strong

Latisia
Old 04-17-2002, 11:01 AM   #6  

Default Hi Back To You;

Hi Latisia, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. It's been a crazy week. I can sympathize with you, my husband not only thinks anything but walking is crazy, but he doesn't support my trying to keep a lid on my weight problem either. Of course that doesn't stop me, but it makes it harder because I have nobody to really discuss the issues with. Well enough of that, the one thing I love about taebo is that I use muscles I forgot I had. I'm in the lower one but, I think I could probably move up. I also try to do yoga a few times a week to keep up my flexibility, and weights to keep up a decent bone density level. I think my hardest hurdle I have right now is portion control. I drink more water, and try to stay focused on what is a serving size. I try not to obsess about it, as long as I am exercising, but it is still easy for me to over do. Keep up the good work, and please keep me posted also. (((IN Health))) Judy
Old 04-18-2002, 12:43 AM   #7  

Hello there, glad to hear from you again. I agree with you on the husband issue to, Mine says, I am not ready to stop, I will cut out he kool aid, then he wants to do whatever!! I have to beg him to walk with me, and tae bo, I would never see him try!! I am going to show him though, and he will regret he didnt join earlier!!Lol Tae bo is great!! I am so glad to have that tape, I am on basic too. I want to buy tae bo 2.. My son was not feeling good, teething, so I didnt get to it. I will though, next week. just stick to basic this week. I really love the fact that every time I do it, I come out sweaty and just feeling revived. it isnt long either. Such a intense workout, that can be built on, or brought down if you need to!! Hey wanna try tae bo 2, and see how it is?? we can discuss that too. well talk to you later, Keep it up!! YOu will see results!!

Latisia
Old 04-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #8  

Default Hi Back o You;

Hi Latisia, Bob will walk with me, but nothing else. of course he has bad legs so maybe that explains a little of his hesitation. I probably will rent Tae Bo 2 then if I like it will see if I can get it from amazon.com. Hope your baby is feeling better. I know both Hunter and Bruce were sick most of the winter.The baby is in constant hyper active hyperdrive. He just cut a back tooth. Keep up the good work (((In Health))) Judy
Old 04-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #9  

Hey, how was your day( my DH, wouldnt even to agree to walk, and he has no leg problems>>>) I went to Hastings intending to find tae bo 2, but it wasnt in stock there so I got tae bo crunch.. It was pretty fast, and the movements had less reps. I will try it again . I would rather try tae bo 2 perhaps?? when do you plan to rent it. Let me know how it goes, I am going to the px next week, I know they have it there.. My baby did pretty good, was a little cranky this am, gave him some tylenol, and he was happy well have a good night, and talk to you tommorrow..

Latisia
Old 04-20-2002, 09:07 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Latisia and Judy... do you mind if I jump in?

I love tai bo!! I started doing it a few years ago and lost about 15 pounds. I'm fortunate ... my husband loves it, too, and we do it together.
I'm not sure of the names (the tapes are upstairs, and I'm lazy at the moment), but we've got 5 or 6 of the tapes. We used to do a one hour tape... it was great, but I just couldn't find the time for it, so we started doing a 20 minute workout. It's great... it's fast and I really got a good workout.
I haven't done it for a few months, but I'd like to start again. I just need a little push. I've got 50 pounds to lose, and I know the tai bo would really help.

Have a wonderful day... keep up the good work!
ellis
Old 04-20-2002, 08:26 PM   #11  

Default Scheduling Time;

Hi Ellis, I just got on to Tae Bo last fall. My husband has bad knees so couldn't do it if he wanted to. He thinks the whole thing is crazy anyway. He supports walking and we do 6 mornings a week, but he doesn't support the other things I do, such as the running or Tae Bo or portion control. That is the hardest thing for me to do, is staying within a serving. The hardest thing you will find is scheduling time to do the tape, because we all get busy. What I do is schedule a time I'm going to do it and it is not negotiable, otherwise I wouldn't. Good luck you can do it. (((IN Health))) Judy
Old 04-20-2002, 08:37 PM   #12  

Hi Latisia, My day has been hectic. I think I pulled a muscle in my leg. It hurts to walk. I think I will try stretching it out. I didn't find a copy of Tae Bo 2 so I ended up ordering a copy from amazon.com. So when I get it I'll have to let you know. I also ordered The Wiggles for the kids. Bob says I spoil them too much, but they are only little once. Hang in there, I'm sure some days are worse then others being motivated,I know it gets that way for me. Keep me posted on your progress. (((In Health))) Judy
Old 04-20-2002, 09:49 PM   #13  

Hey everyone, Welcome Ellis, and I hope you continue to post ,and let us know your progress?? What tapes do you normally use?? Hey Judy, sorry to hear about the pulled muscle, hope it gets better for you soon.. today is my weights day, so I am going to get at that, had company so, i missed it this morning. I lost 3 pounds in the past week and i am really motivated.. It will be gone sure enough.. well talk to you all later. let me know about those tapes, and your progress

Latisia
Old 04-23-2002, 10:49 AM   #14  

Hi Latisia, My pulled muscle is doing fine. Bob and I took a walk both yesterday and today. I did Tae Bo yesterday, and today I am trying to talk myself into going for a run. The day is still young though so I should be able to get it in. Tomorrow Will be Tae Bo and Thursday will be another running day and so forth.I have read it is good to diversify when you get a certain age. I usually take Sundays off. I am finally seeing the results of my efforts though, I am at least toning up. I try to stay within a certain calorie range, but it is higher then it would be if I sat on my behind and did nothing. Hope your baby successfully has cut his teeth, talk to you soon, Judy
Old 04-23-2002, 11:27 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Latisia and Judy

I'm still here... haven't made it upstairs yet to look at the names of those tapes yet, but I will! My computer is on the main floor, and our bedroom (and the tapes) is on the third floor.

Judy, you're smart to schedule a time for your tai bo, and "just do it". You're right, it's the only way. Surely I can fit in a 20 minute workout! You run as well... lucky you. I ran for 10 years and loved it, but I don't know if my knees can take it anymore.

Latisia, you lost 3 pounds! Good for you! Your little one is teething... poor darling. My 6 year-old son has his first loose tooth, and my 13 year-old daughter has just lost another one. It seems like they never stop falling out of her mouth!

My husband and I just went for a 15 km bike ride. I was "dying" all the way, but I did it! I think next week I'm going to make a real effort to fit in a tai bo work-out. And I've got to stop stuffing food in my mouth.

take care... have a wonderful day!
ellis
Closed Thread