Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Angry D*** Scales

OK. So I weighed 233 on thanksgiving. I weighed myself today and I weigh 245. I gained 12 pounds in 6 weeks. WHO DOES THAT!!!!! IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET UNDER 240 and like a pig on the lose, I shove anything and everything edible in my mouth. So after thanksgiving I thought. Ok. Im not going to exercise and I am going to eat what I want but Im not going to go overboard. RIGHT.... That is like putting a child in a toy store and telling them not to play with anything. NEVER tell a fat person they can eat what they want........ NO WONDER I GAINED 12 POUNDS. Over the holidays I ate out and I ate cookies and had dinner at my moms a few times. I drank alot of soda. I barely drank any water. I had TONS of candy. And now on top of everything else TOM has come for a LONG visit, 9 days to be exact. So I am hoping that some of the weight is water. But who knows. So now I have to repair the damage that I caused. I have to start all over. SO I updated my ticker. So now 7 pounds to get to my mini-goal of 226 I have 19 pounds. WOOHOO!!!! I am a freakin WINNER!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PISSED AT MYSELF!!!!!!!

Last edited by dek6; 01-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #2  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

dude, im so with you, i just had to pull a slice of pizza out of my mouth. like, literally, i was holding it in my mouth...about to chomp, then i thought... "omg! this isnt your first slice! this is number 4! get a hold of yourself woman!" then i put it down and ran to the computer....ugh last too days have been a total bust...

oh well, win some lose some the important thing is we keep crawling back! lol
good luck for tomorrow!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #3  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Dek - I think it's highly unlikely to gain 12lbs. of fat in 6 weeks. I noticed you said you ate lots of things containing sodium and you consumed little water so I'm assuming your body is retaining what water it does have to stay hydrated. So PILE ON THE WATER!!! I know it sounds weird that you have to drink more water to get rid of the extra water. This should help break the water retention bought so try to get in 8-10 8oz glasses of water daily.

Last edited by OptimistK; 01-09-2008 at 12:52 AM.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 AM   #4  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

I totally know how you feel!! I have put on 21-23 lbs since the start of november!! I am shocked and disgusted because i have never in my life weighed as much as i do now. But i've decided that i need to focus on getting healthier move more ect.. and i will only check my weight once a week so i can focus more on just getting healthier overall not just those dang numbers, hopefully it will go down sorry got going on my own problems but now you know your not the only one!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm right there with you too. I had gotten down to 169 and went back up to 187. It's ridiculous! So long to take it off and it goes back on so easy. Now every time I'm at the gym or each pound I lose I just keep thinking about where I *would* have been now if I hadn't gained it back.

The only inspiration I have for you is that we (and everyone else in the same boat) can get back there again and learn from our mistakes. Good luck!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:20 AM   #6  

Think about about how much more it could be if you hadn't caught it now. We are not perfect and sometimes we fall off the wagon, I think we all have. As OptimistK said, not all of that is body fat, some of that is more than likely water weight. Get back on the wagon and don't look back. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by Karma27; 01-09-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You are not alone! Many, many people have discovered this, and evidently we have to discover it for ourselves--sometimes more than once! It is this:

You cannot just shove food in your mouth, whatever you want, as much as you want, whenever you want it, without consequences.

Although one poster said that it's not possible to gain 12 pounds in 6 weeks, I disagree. It certainly is! Especially if you are overeating every single day. That's because there is no upper limit on the amount of calories a person can eat--why, think of the damage that you can do with ice cream!

If you're lucky, some of that will be water weight. I hope so!

Lesson learned! Time to get back on plan and stay there! Whatever you do, don't give up!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 01-09-2008 at 07:36 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I know you're aggravated with yourself. But, I'm sure glad you decided to come back and do this with us. Aren't you glad that we get do-overs? So, you've now learned something from your detour and you can put this behind you and get on with the business of getting healthy and losing some weight. Just think of where you'll be in a couple of months!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #9  

I agree with Karma27. You stopped the bleeding and now it's time to heal the wound. Sounds like you're ready to hop back on your plan and kick some serious ***. I also agree with whomever said it's some of it is most likely water weight. So it won't be as bad as you thought. I have also been where you are and you can use this to become stronger and continue toward your goals. Hang in there.

Last edited by kimmieone; 01-09-2008 at 10:40 AM.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #10  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I hear ya I hear ya.... but hey... it could ALWAYS BE WORSE...

It could have taken you another month... or TWO before you realized what you were doing!!

I lost 35 pounds for my wedding last May... and within 6 months I had gained it ALL back PLUS 15 pounds!!! It's SOOOO easy to gain it and SOOOOO hard to lose it.

But you caught yourself. It could be worse!

Yank yourself up by those bootstraps and get back on. WE CAN DO THIS! Don't let setbacks ruin us! I *LOVE* shoveling food into my mouth... but I try telling myself I will *LOVE* being thin and shopping and fitting into theater seats and all that other good stuff even MORE.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #11  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Ohhhh, I SO know your pain!

If you look back at my recent posts, all of them, for a very long time before January are self hating despair. I knew I was wayyy off track, and I was so very, deeply lost.

I think one of the most important things is to let go of your anger at yourself...when you're hating on yourself, how can you possibly take care of yourself???

Here's a little thing I read on some very smart person's signature: "Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining weight is hard. Choose your hard."

Love yourself for the intelligent and beautiful person that you are, and let's do this together, OK?

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 01-09-2008 at 01:07 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #12  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I feel you! You're on the journey and you know the next step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimistK View Post
Dek - I think it's highly unlikely to gain 12lbs. of fat in 6 weeks.
While I don't know if it's technically all "fat" - I have EASILY gained this much weight in this amount of time and had it "stick" - as in become a part of me. Not "water weight". It's a difficult thing to swallow () that I can sabatoge myself so thoroughly in such a short time compared to the time it takes to get rid of it again. Big picture for me is I lost over 100 pounds 10 years ago and as of last month had gained every single pound back...most of it in the last year. It sucks, but at least we do have a solution for our misery!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am in that boat too. My 40th birthday party was on December 10th. I weighed 330 that day. On January 7th when I woke up from the food coma, 341. It happens. You woke up, your moving on.

It's funny, I rationalize that way sometimes too. Especially when I tire of counting calories. I think "Well, I don't have to count calories, I know what is healthy, I'll just make healthy choices" I'm sorry but, BULL****!!!! I am just making excuses so I don't have to do the work. Then I think of all the successful people who have been successful and maintained and most of them counted something (Zelma comes to mind and maybe Nelie who don't count).

Last edited by Sandi; 01-09-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #14  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey - at least you stopped it at 16 pounds. I gained 30 back before I got myself back on track, and had to lose that 30 all over again before being back in 'virgin' fat territory. That really sux, and no one to blame but myself.

You know what you need to do, and you can do it!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most of us have been there - I gained back 50 pounds once before I woke up! As my grandpa used to say just get back up on the horse that threw you. Don't just get mad get even with that stupid scale! If you are like me when I get really mad at myself it kicks my butt in gear. You can do it girl!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote