Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 10:00 PM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#141

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

[COLOR=deeppink~~I'm wanting to go to bed right now but I have to wait for a while before I can take my blood pressure meds. I took them late this morning. I always forget when we go fishing. Fishing wasn't that great this morning. We caught 18 pretty nice ones. The big fishing day just isn't going to happen this year. [/COLOR]

Jo Jo~~Those inhalers are killers for me. They make me shake like a leaf. Thank goodness I don't have to use them all the time. I can tell you one thing Jo Jo a persons system can get used to those darn things and to get off them you have to go through with drawls. I used a inhaler for about 8 months every 4 hours. One day I got to thanking why I was able to breath all night with out using one. So I forced myself to go longer than 4 hours, then even longer. I got off them, and stopped wheezing altogether. I have to wheeze pretty bad before I will use one. My back isn't just sore, it's hurting along with my hip and leg. I need to not do nothing for about a week, but I have so much that needs to be done. I'm going to take extra meds for it tonight. I ask my hubby is he was going to try to get pretty and he said "no" he wanted to get stronger.
to everyone else...Hope you all had a great week end.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:09 AM   #3  

Good morning. It has been forever since I posted. At least it feels like it to me. Not my fault though. I couldn't get the page to download. I always got an error message on the screen. Must have had something to do with remodeling the site. Anyway, I'm not gonna be able to post to everyone, too much to catch up on!

Saturday I went to a wedding. One of the cardiologists got married to one of the nurses on our unit! It was nice, but simple. I was kind-of surprised by that, but I guess the bride really isn't a frilly person.

My mom is still at my brothers house. I guess she'll be back sometime just before mothers day. Lucky me. She's talking about getting an apartment, and keeps moving the date up. I don't think she can really afford it yet, but she's a grown woman and I'm not about to stop her. It's not any of my business or my place to try to control her money.

I haven't heard anything about the teaching job I applied for. I tried to get in contact with someone, but I couldn't get past human resources. I also tried to get a day job on my unit. One of the day shift nurses left, but she is going to post it as a second shift position. I really don't want to be there until midnight every night. For now, I think I'll just keep my little 4 hr shift position and just keep my eyes open. At least for now, there is no problem picking up extra hours.

I've got to finish a couple of my papers today. Just the final typo corrections, etc. Both of them are due Wednesday. But then all I have next week are finals! YIPPEE!

I guess that is about it for now. I want to take a look around the new site and see if anything changed!

Jen
Old 04-29-2002, 05:43 PM   #4  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Geesh......I can't believe that it has been so long since I have written to y'all. We were in town all day Friday with our apheresis donation and then to the auto dealer. Our a/c went out on the way to the blood bank so fixing that became a priority after the vehicle sat in the sunny parking lot for over 2 hours. It was in the high 80's. That repair took a while and we didn't get home until late Friday night. We were very busy Saturday and Sunday with church activities. I tried a couple of times on Sunday and couldn't get connected to my server. I really didn't have the time to deal with it and everything was okay this morning. I am trying to plan for a day to loaf this week.

Marlana~Yeah Martie has a CD burner and still hasn't sent those pictures. I am going to give her another week before I start bugging her. Is your back any better? I can't seem to get a day off anymore either. We had a dinner at church Sunday and I brought all the tablecloths home to wash. I also fixed a big pot of the cabbage soup today while I was doing laundry. Now maybe I can get back OP and take some weight off. I have done really good today staying OP.

Tobey~I had a really bad cleaning on my teeth when I was in my 20's because I had never flossed. It hurt so bad that they had to numb my mouth. I swore that I would never have to go through that again. The only time that I have missed flossing my teeth daily was while I was in the hospital and not able. That didn't turn out too bad though because I see a hygienist every six months. My new dentist said that seeing gums and teeth as healthy as mine was very rare. I was so proud. There must be something wrong with the postal system. My friends from New York have been having a problem with missing mail. I sent a check to California for my internet answering machine and they haven't received it and the check you said that you sent to me didn't make it either. I wonder if something has gone wrong because of 9-11. Someone told me that mail was routed to certain locations for a check and it delayed a lot of it but I am hearing a lot about lost mail.

JoJo~My dh was diagnosed twice with asthmatic bronchitis before his pulmonary doctor finally gave him the breathing test and found the asthma. He seems to be doing really good now and even sleeps better most nights. I talked to a tech at Hewlett Packard that thinks there is a problem with my hard drive. I guess I will have to put it in the shop this summer to have it changed. My little digital camera doesn't have a flash either and is hard to get a picture to turn out good. I have found that I can't take any pictures outside unless it is really cloudy. That doesn't happen often here.

Jen~It must be feeling really good to be down to finals at last. The weather should be warming up soon also so you can enjoy all that new free time. I think that you have earned some free time to enjoy yourself and be lazy.

It is now dinner time. I think that I will make my husband eat some of that soup that I made today for his dinner. Then I can start dishing it into different containers for storing and freezing. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:45 AM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Unhappy

Good Morning~~ I thought for a min. I wouldn't write on the board until some more people wrote, but on a second thought I thought maybe I should, after all two people had wrote and deserved to be answered. This group has all but fell apart. I also wanted to report that I've worked off 2 pounds. It couldn't be that I give up enough food to lose anything. One day I do well and the next I do bad. That's just the way it is. Can't seem to put together too many days of good eating. I would say I don't know what the problem is, but I do. I'm deep into a food addiction, and I guess I just depend on food to give me a boost in all my emotions. Don't make any difference is they are good emotions or bad ones. I'm steaming over a virus I received this morning. It was from the postmaster and was sent like it was returned to me because it couldn't be delivered. Bull, I didn't send anything out to that email address. What makes me so mad is that is the email address I use for only my friends, it hasn't been put on the web anywhere. I'm not saying that any of my friends sent it, but people if you send out email leaving a bunch of email address's on it, your sending those email address's all over the country. I send all my emails Blind Copy so no one's address that I send to sees anyone else's address. I've got a couple of people that don't do that, and I'm going to have to stop sending them mail, because I'm sure they send out my address all over the place. (Thats my speech for today.) I'm going to figure out if I can put a fake name on my emails and stop my address from being valid on those emails before I warn them.

Jen~~None of us is coming in and writing like we did at one time. Spring is a very busy time of the year for me, but that is not an excuse. I've been coming in here for a couple of springs now and I would write almost everyday. The truth is for me that I'm doing damn lousy and just don't want to write about it. If I was losing weight like I should be I would be bucking to get in here and report it to you guys. You should be catching one of those Doctors that makes big bucks. Love is great, but bucks is good too, that burning love always dies down some....SOME...**** it dies when age gets on up there. It's us gals that has that hot burning burning love in the beginning and no bucks and that is OK then, but when the burning burning love goes, it would sure be nice to replace that with big bucks. I'm feeling really silly this morning.

Skeeter~~I'm looking forward to those pictures, I wish Marty would get the lead out and send them to you. You sound like me girl when I used to go to church. I worked my butt off, I guess trying to earn God's love. Not saying that is what your doing. Girl, I a woman remodeled both the bath rooms, new stools, vanity flooring and painted them. I also put new carpet in one of the classrooms. Then myself and another woman, which was a friend at the time, not anymore, we cleaned the church every Friday night and decorated the walls of the church and put up new mine blinds. I look back at that now and say to myself, "What was I thanking????" I need to go back and have my teeth cleaned right now, but it seems like money is going out the window everyday. I also had that deep cleaning you had done, not funny at all. I get tartar so bad you wouldn't believe it.

I've rattled on and now I'm out of here to meet my day head on, or at least what my hip and back will let me.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:18 PM   #6  

Hi All

Boy, I’ve missed you!! I’ve been running around like a chicken with its head cut off and haven’t had a chance to post!

I spent most of the weekend working from home and running around doing errands. Then Monday work was crazy and I took more work home! Then last night was my first rowing session. Our team seems like a good group. Last night was just learning about the different parts of the boats and oars and how the carry them. Can you believe that the oars are 12’ long?! Tonight I am staying downtown after work for a few hours. Jamie Oliver, (The Naked Chef from Food TV) is making an appearance a local bookstore and I want to try and get a book signed. I’m sure it will be me and thousands of other people - oh well. Then tomorrow night, I have a church function. And then NO PLANS for Friday! Sigh of relief.

Marlana: How’s hubby’s new workout equipment? What did he buy? The BBQ last Friday was fun but I didn’t do so well with the food. Oh well, I just got back on track right after that. Hey CONGRATULATIONS on the 2# loss! Way to Go! I don’t blame you for being angry about that virus!

Jojo: Well maybe hubby’s layoff is another sign that he should be doing something else. My friend e-mailed me the other day to tell me that her mom was so happy with how he fixed her computer and thought that he was a computer-god. Hmmmm not sure if I should tell him that – might just go to his head. Thanks for checking out my website and signing the guestbook. I have been having a lot of fun tinkering around with it.

Jen: That wedding sounds nice. Sometimes the simplest ones are the best ones. Guess school is almost done now – just exams?

Skeeter: Sounds like you have been very busy as well! You should be proud of your good smile! I’m not the best at flossing – guess I had better make a habit of it. Especially after all of the work I have had to have done! Okay, I have to confess that the post office didn’t lose the cheque. I was just SLOW. So it actually just went out yesterday. I have also included a small surprise for your boys – please make sure they share.

Well I had better fly and stake out my spot at the bookstore!

Ciao

Tobey

I hope this attachment comes through. It is a picture of my cat (baby) that I took about a week ago.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:15 PM   #7  

Hi all. I can't stay long cause I've got to get supper started. Yesterday I had finished a post and hit the submit button and then I got the "website not responding" box. I was hoping it might of went ahead and submitted but I see today it didn't. Then I was in here earlier and started a post and got knocked off line. So I'm just not having much luck.

Not alot of new to report. I'm doing ok, so is dh. I hope your all doing good to.

I'll have to come back later tonight or tomorrow to post to you all, I just wanted to come in and say hello and say I've tried to post, just hasn't worked out out.

Talk to you later.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:25 PM   #8  

Good evening. Thought I'd get in here before I crash tonight. I'm sooooo tired. Of course I had classes today. FOR THE LAST TIME! Next week is finals. Anyway, I was early today, and yesterday I decided to work a 12 hr day shift, so I was up at 5 yesterday too. No surprise, I had trouble getting to sleep, always when I have to "hurry up and sleep." I'll sleep good tonight. Especially since its stormy and dreary.

Mom is also going to be back the end of next week. About makes me want to cry already. She's been at my brothers for a month now. She has an appt with her neurologist next week and then she'll be back. She keeps talking about getting an apartment. I hope it's closer to sooner than later.

Starkeeper- Your luck posting sounds like mine last week, except that I couldn't even load the site. I really love technology sometimes.

Tobey- I saw some people rowing on the Mississippi last week. I thought of you and how much work it looked like. I hope you enjoy it. Your cat is very cute. The NAKED CHEF? Does he fry bacon naked? How about autographs in the nude? Ok, I'm tired and getting silly. Sorry. Oh yeah, post a picture of that one!!!

Marlana- CONGRATS on the 2 lbs. That is fantastic, no matter how it happened. Celebrate your success. Now that my stress level will be a bit lower, and I'll have some new free time, I'm planning on getting back to business, big time. Tomorrow sounds like as good of a day as any. Today wasn't too bad, but I can do better tomorrow. Honestly Marlana, I'm in no hurry to get married, if ever. I see myself as the crazy old cat lady that when I'm old and wrinked the neighbor kids will think I'm a witch. Could be worse things I suppose....

Skeeter- Do you lose weight when you donate? Maybe that could be part of my plan! I'm not planning on being too lazy. I'm planning on alot of yard work and regular exercise. Things I haven't had time to do because I get up, do school work, and then work. I am going to enjoy this summer!

Well, I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. That way I can get up early tomorrow (well, not 5 am) and get a great start to the day.

Jen
Old 05-02-2002, 02:40 PM   #9  

Hi All,

I came across this article and wanted to share it with those who were interested.

Sorry for the length
Tobey

WHAT TO DO AFTER A BINGE

You've been on a junkfood binge for three days [a week, two months, a year, most of your life] now. You're ready to stop; you know your life was immeasurably better before you took that first bite that sealed your doom--you want your life back, your mind back, your peace back. Maybe you want to get these things for the first time.
"How do I stop?" you ask yourself. In some ways it seems it would be kinder to just continue the binge, putting off the inevitable just one more day. But you feel fat, you feel disgusted, you may even hate yourself. You know that all this crazy eating could easily lead to gaining back the ten pounds [20 pounds, 50 pounds, 100 pounds] you just lost, and then you'd be right back where you started.

"I have to stop doing this!" you cry inwardly. But how do you know that you won't get up, dust off, only to fall in the mud once more? You wonder if it is worth it to put forth the effort when it seems likely you will only blow it again. After all, it seems, you've bit the dust before a million times.

You've been here before. You realize that you're not yourself, that you aren't thinking quite right. So you grit your teeth and pull yourself together, silencing the shouting voices of defeat and condemnation in your head, and with all that is in you, you slam on the breaks.

SCRRRRRREEEEEECH!!!!!

Sound familiar? With a few changes here and there, it could adequately describe the experience of most anyone who struggles with compulsive eating.

So now what? Stopping the binge is hard, but usually only for a couple days if you can successfully get back on track, and then you're left wondering how you could ever have fallen for that old temptation again.

As a person quite familiar with the revolving door of abstinent living (voluntarily omitting troublesome foods from one's life), I have developed a plan for making a smooth, quick transition from binge back to healthful living that addresses inherent difficulties. Here are my ideas:

If you're into praying, pray.

Recognize that crazy eating usually causes crazy thinking too, so if you're aware that not every thought that passes through is a good, healthy thought, it makes it easier to conscientiously ignore those that threaten to abort your right intentions. Resolve to refuse to listen to negative thoughts which berate you, remind you of your mistake-ridden history, and urge you to give up.

Cleanse your home of all "binge foods." Whatever your current food downfall(s) is(are), get rid of it(them). If you can't stand to throw food away, give it to someone. If your spouse or housemate insists on keeping such foods in the house, ask this person to keep it away from you for a while. If they won't comply, kick him/her out! (just kidding!) If your problem is all food, skip to the next item.

Stay away from slippery places whenever possible for a while. For instance, don't pick a doughnut shop to meet a friend for coffee. Going out to dinner with the family "just because" is probably unwise at this stage as well. Skip unnecessary potlucks and smorgasboards, and don't instigate social food-fests until you have some time under your belt and are walking in more self-control. Be kind to yourself, and don't get on a baking kick "for the kids" your first week back in line. DO engage in as many non-food social activities as possible, increasing your enjoyment of the many different people and aspects of life that don't involve your tastebuds and stomach.

Make yourself accountable to someone. For some people, it helps if they know they will "report" to another person each day. It sure can make it harder for you to play games with yourself, as long as you are upfront and honest with your accountability partner.

I rarely stop a binge episode in the middle of the day. Once a day is shot, it usually stays shot. So when I've made up my mind to turn around and go the opposite direction again, I sit down the night before the "new beginning" and write down menus for the next three days. It is important to do this when you are in a relatively good frame of mind ( a hopeful one). Your menus should NOT be deprivational. In fact, I suggest pretending that you are designing them for a best-loved friend who has come to you for help in getting off a binge. You would not suggest this friend starve herself on meals of raw carrots and celery, would you? You would not punish or teach your friend a lesson with an overly restrictive diet. No, you would create a plan that would satisfy your pal's hunger while moving him/her back in the direction of his/her goals and affording the greatest odds of success. Choose your favorite low-fat health foods, including a dessert item for the second or third day (if you normally do desserts, that is). Learn to show yourself honor and love, even if you don't feel it at the moment. If you don't know what a good, healthy meal is, ask someone who cares about you to help. There are mailing lists all over the internet full of people who are caring and love to help other people in any way they can. Also, there are websites dedicated specifically to recipes and healthy eating.

Plan to exercise, and decide when, where, and what, before the fact, such as at the same time you are deciding your menus. Choose something you normally enjoy doing, even though you may not feel like doing it right now. Don't take "no" for an answer. If you normally work-out alone, consider inviting a friend to do it with you, at least the first day. Exercise will help detoxify your body faster, improve your outlook, and put a spring back in your step. Even so, don’t be tempted to pull out your whip and work-out two or three times a day for several days trying to undo the damage from the binge. If you normally exercise Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, for example, but your first day back from a binge is a Tuesday, don’t totally undo your life to get a Wednesday work-out on Tuesday. Instead, do something light on Tuesday, even 20 minutes of walking and some stretching exercises, and then resume your usual exercise program on Wednesday. If your exercise schedule is flexible, then do what is right for you, but don’t overexercise; that amounts to correcting one form of abuse with another.

It is so unfair, but I've noticed that the morning after a binge I am usually starving. Not good for a person who is wanting to get going in the right direction again. So that first day, I make it a policy to choose one or two low-fat or fat-free foods, unsweet, to eat as much of and as often as desired in response to hunger pangs. Suggestions are unbuttered air-popped popcorn (put some low-sodium Tamari or soy sauce in a small pump and spray popcorn for flavor), fat-free rice cakes (preferably not sweet), dry cereal, raw vegetables with or without low-fat/fat-free dip, fresh fruit or vegetable broth. Eating three or four pieces of fruit over the course of the day can help ease sugar withdrawals somewhat. Do not succumb to the temptation to take away food from your meals to compensate for all the "free" food you've nibbled on--remember, you gave yourself permission to eat it. Tomorrow, the "free" food goes.

Drink lots and lots of water. Shoot for a minimum of 64 ounces a day (roughly 8 tall glasses). This will help flush out toxins, clean out your digestive tract, and rehydrate your tissues. Most binges incorporate a lot of sugar and/or sodium, and both are very dehydrating. You should drink this much water anyway, but especially after a binge.

Avoid idle time. I don't have a job outside of my home, so it works good for me, especially that first day, to "lose" myself in a project, especially a physical one, so that the day goes by and I almost forget about eating. Projects that I have used before include yard work, deep housecleaning, reorganizing a closet, going through drawers and getting rid of stuff I don't need, cleaning out the shed, sanding and painting kitchen cabinets, taking the kids on an adventure, or putting together a puzzle. Other good ideas include taking a nap if you are really tired, making time to visit a friend or loved one if you are feeling lonely, or reading a book for leisure if you need to relax.

After the third day of successful healthy eating, assuming you are feeling much of your self-control returned, if you are so inclined, you can do a fast for a few days. Drink water only, or sip on diluted fresh juices or vegetable broth periodically throughout the day. Another option is to eat regular meals, but only fresh raw fruits and vegetables. If you don't feel up to strenuous exercise during the fast, try brisk walking, if the weather permits, or hop on a treadmill for a while. Fasting will help clean your body and your mind. Extended fasting (more than 3 days) really should only be tackled by persons experienced in fasting. NOTE: If you are currently overcoming a long-standing eating disorder, fasting is not recommended for you at this time.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:36 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

It's been three days again since I have written and it only seems like yesterday. I sure don't know where the time goes but I feel like it is passing way too fast. I wish that I could find a way to slow everything down and sit back on enjoy everything slowly and fully. Life is so precious and I don't want to waste a minute of it. I started this week out great and ate really good and lost 2# then blew it today by having pizza for lunch. Back on the wagon tomorrow. (PS...I enjoyed that pizza slowly and fully)

Marlana~I got a note from Martie that she is working on the pictures. I guess there is actually quite a few to go through and pick out the ones that I requested. I have a feeling that the CD will get here soon and then it will be up to me to pick out the ones that I want to send out. They will all probably have to be reduced in size and type for quicker handling. I also get so aggravated with forwarded mail that has to be 'opened' a dozen times. I try to clean everything up before I send it to anyone and I try to never send out any of my friends addresses to some one else. I know that I don't want my email address going across America but short of stopping all email, I don't know how to control it. I'm sure glad that I don't know how to build things or I might end up remodeling our church. I volunteered to make some calls about using our fellowship hall for an emergency shelter. Now I have a meeting with the Red Cross on Friday to do and inspection. I'll find out what else is involved at that time.

Tobey~I don't mean to sound like your mother but floss every day if you can. You just can't believe how healthy your gums will become with regular flossing and that means healthier teeth. Enough of the lecture. I loved the article and have already copied and printed it even before I finished reading it. I could tell that it was something that I wanted to keep before I even got halfway through it. Girl, I need all the help that I can get. I didn't mean to be pushy about the check. As it turns out, we finally got the friends package that was lost for 6 weeks. I can't help but wonder where it has been all this time and the payment that I sent to California took exactly 2 weeks. Isn't that even slower than the Pony Express? I'll thank you in advance because my dogs love surprises and new smells. Anything that we bring into this house, has to be sniffed thoroughly. They will actually put their heads all the way inside bags and check everything very closely if we allow them. We get a big kick out of them doing that. Okay, now I can picture you on the rowing team from pictures that I have seen on TV of those long canoes with long oars and everyone rows in such precise rhythm. Is that the same kind that you are doing? Your cat is very cute. Why do cats always look like they know something that we don't?

JoJo~I'm sorry that you have been having such a problem with your computer and staying online. That is one of my pet peeves. I want to have good service anytime that I decide to sit down and send email or get online for whatever reason. I get really irritated if this thing doesn't work when I have a few minutes. I was very busy on Sunday and only had a few minutes a couple of times that day between events. Both times I tried to send short notes to friends and couldn't get on my server at all. I was even too busy to get angry that day which is probably for the best.

Jen~I'm sorry to hear that your live in guest is returning so soon. I'm sure you enjoyed the time that you had but would really like to have some more alone time. I would go nuts without my own 'space' when I need it. You know, I was wondering the same things about the Naked Chef. I don't think that there is any kind of loss involved with the apheresis donations. I do know that I sure wouldn't want to get a bad cut for a while after that. There is something that I have always wondered though and maybe you can find out for me. A person has to have at least 150,000 platelets per unit (don't know what a unit is) to donate apheresis. I seem to have an unusually high number at 427,000. I wonder if that would make me more prone to heart disease or stroke than the average person. I also wonder if that is a stupid thing to wonder about. Nobody at the blood bank seems to know the answer.

You won't believe how long it has taken me to write this post. I have stopped to have a very nice long telephone conversation with Marlana. Then we have been trying to find a way to hide our email addresses in forwarded emails and have been trying different things. I think that I am finally done with this post though. Y'all have a nice evening.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:03 PM   #11  

Hi All

Sorry but this is going to be another short post. I'm just to tired tonight and I don't think my fingers can type much more. I've just been pounding the keys at work for almost 2 weeks straight getting caught up on the backlog and now I've got to start the project that puts my behind on my regular work. It will be like this every month.

I just wanted to say hi. I'm off early tomorrow so I should be able to get in here and post to you all. Oh, dh may have a new job. Keep your fingers crossed and a few prayers wouldn't hurt either. Take care everyone.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:11 AM   #12  

Hello All

It is Friday and the sun is shining. Can it get any better than this? I am so looking forward to going to be early tonight. I have been sooo busy lately and have no plans tonight. Last night I didn’t get home until about 10:00 and then I was out the door this morning at 5:00.

Jojo: Glad to hear that everything is going okay – other than the posting challenges you faced! Get some sleep and enjoy the weekend!

Jen: Good luck on your finals!! Then what are you going to do? After being by yourself for a few weeks it must make it quite hard to adjust when mom comes home. Rowing does look like a lot work! Even carrying the 12’ oars is a challenge. Oh well, I still think it will be fun and I’m with a group of all newbies so I should be okay. I know the first time I watched the Naked Chef I was quite disappointed – he stayed full clothed the whole time! Apparently the name came from his simple style of cooking. I’ll see if I can find a picture of him to attach. He is only 26 and now very famous. Thousands of people showed up for his book signing. I waited in line for over 2 hours and didn’t even get close!

Skeeter: As long as you enjoyed the pizza – that what counts! I wish I could slow down the world right now as well! I’m starting to get dizzy Glad you liked the article. I found another one that I want to post on tips on planned eating. Especially in social situations. It had very good ideas. Trust me you haven’t been pushy about the cheque at all – in fact you have been tooooo patient. You should have harassed me and then maybe I would have got it out sooner! I’m glad your other package finally showed up. Funny how the postal system works some times. I should have let my kitty rub all of the package before I sent it off – that would have really given them something to go nuts about! That is exactly the type of rowing that I am (or rather will be) doing. We have 8 people to a boat. Once we get going I will have to get some pictures and post them. Thanks for the compliment to my kitty – she is such a spoiled little thing. And, I’m sure she does not a lot that we don’t! (And probably would want to find out!)

Well I think that’s it for now. Enjoy the weekend!

Tobey

Here is a picture of the Naked Chef I was talking about…
Old 05-03-2002, 12:13 PM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I didn't make it in yesterday. I was sick and up the night before sick and was still sick yesterday morning too. Well I'm here today. Hip and back are still giving me fits. I shouldn't but I have flowers to put out today. Food is going pretty well but I am having to battle the obsession. Just got through eating carrots.

Jo Jo~~My puter has been acting up some lately too. I keep getting the screens that tells me I've performed a illegal act...Not lately I haven't. I've got about 100.00 saved already for a new one. I know right now your probably having a hard time with hubby out of work, I hope things gets better soon. You know I sent out a joke or what ever you call those emails...about how the cows that turn into the storm head first are the ones that survives. I thank it's that way with us humans too.

Jen~~ I'm tired too girlfriend. Since my back and hip started acting up I have to lay flat on my back all night with my legs on a couple of pillows.(I've been sleeping with my legs on pillows for about 5 years now.) You can't imagine how bad I want to turn on my side, but if I do it's on seconds until the pain starts running down my leg. The last time I got in this shape it took me 3 years to get back to somewhat normal. Of course I started off in worse shape. Marriage is good and it's bad too. Nothing is all good or all bad. OH my gosh..."The Cat Lady" How many cats you got? To be a cat lady you have to have cats setting all over the counters and in every corner of the house. They had one on TV a while back that would just turn your stomach. They was in the sink on the ice box and everywhere. Hold them cats down to a reasonable number. Glad to hear your going to get down to business. Boy we all need to do that. You can be our leader.

Tobey~~I never expected to hear from you, "running around like a chicken with it's head cut off." Have you ever seen a chicken with it's head cut off???? Not a pretty site, I can tell you. It seems like the errands are never all done. Yesterday I went shopping and at walmart I bought 5 bags of humus....DIRT....I forgot to go and have them load it when I left.grrrrrrrrrrrrrr So I called them and told them I would come back and get it this morning. I got there and the damn stuff was sacks of mud. I went and got my money back and headed for another town. All of that extra running because my mind takes breaks quite a lot. I'm glad you have spare time to run and roe, I have no spare time for anything. I barely find time to come in here and write. Forgive me, but I would like to put the workout equipment where the sun don't shine. I work as hard as I can all day trying to get things done and when he comes in from work he goes to the garden and gathers all the things and brings them in for me to wash and put away. Then all he has time for is his walk or work out. I got news for him, he will be mowing the yard this week end.

Skeeter~~Girlfriend if you find a way to slow things down pleas please let me know how. I stay on the run all the time. I sent out my message about not replying to any email I sent out. I heard from 2cute this morning and she thought that was a smart thing to do, but she don't know how to do it. She also told me she has been in a head on collision last week. Says she and hubby are ok. Some boy taking drivers training. Survivor come out just like I expected it to. Although they tried to make us thank that Sean was going to go in with Tammy and Robert. Who do you thank is going to win??? Who do you want to win?? I thank I want Pasco or Kathy to win. Kathy is a really hard worker. Robert had better win the thing next week too or he is gone.

I'm through now, it's time for my 1 soap. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:09 PM   #14  

Hi All. I'm home early today and thought I'd get in here and post to everyone. My arms are just dead. I've typed so much the past several weeks and I can really feel it. And it doesn't end, just starts over again at the beginning of each month.

Oh, DH starts a new job Monday. I'm so happy and this one sounds promising. But he'll be on second shift which is fine as long as he has a pay check coming in. I really don't mind being alone in the evenings but towards the end of the week, I start missing my man. I just hope his health stays good.

Marlana, would you please do me a favor and send me an email to my work address so that I can save your new email addy in my address book? I keep saying I'm going to write it down and then I get to work and I've forgotten it again. Oh, thats a good idea, start putting money away for a new puter, just in case. I may have to start doing that. I wouldn't have to worry about a monitor or keyboard or printer. I tend to agree with you about the cows turning head first into the storm. I hope your back and hip starts feeling better and you get over being sick soon.

Tobey, I have to copy and print that binging article. I need to read it over and over again till I get it. I think I've pretty much put back on all the weight I'd lost last year and I'm getting so disgusted with myself. I'm such a weakling. I know, its up to me to do something about it and I'm really getting to that point. I think about it all the time. I've got to quit thinking about it and take some action. I'm writing this more for my benefit than yours.

Skeeter, sometimes the puter drives me nuts mainly cause I don't know that much about it. And went my isp is acting up, man that really drives me nuts. I will never understand how your puters settings change when you don't change them. I have been having to shut down every night now because when I go to "wake" the puter up the next day, it won't wake up so I've got to shut down. Plus I read an article that said its better to shut down more often rather than leaving it on every day. Then I was told it was better to leave it on and shut down once a week. Who know's. Oh, my dog goes thru grocery bags to. And my purse. I started that by putting a treat in my purse and let her dig for it. I usually sneak a treat in one of the grocery bags every time I go to the store. She's just too cute and has some funny little quirks.

Jen, oh, a twelve hour work shift. What a long day!!! I have enough trouble getting thru 7 1/2 hrs. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night for some reason. Maybe it was the cup of coffee I had after I got home from work.

Well, I'm going to play a game then get off here. Take care and have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-04-2002, 12:25 PM   #15  

Good morning ladies. I made it back in here before the week is up. I spent the last 2 days before work shampooing carpets. My poor doggie gets sick when it rains. They needed a good spring scrubbing, so now that's taken care of. I just have to move all of the furniture back today.

Jojo- I'm glad for you and your husband with his new job. Maybe missing him while he's at work will make your time together that much better. The 12 hr days aren't so bad. I either get the incentive bonus for picking up an extra shift, or time and a half for a 12 hr shift. Thank you nursing shortage! I make sure after like 5 pm I don't drink anything with caffeine or I have troubles sleeping.

Marlana- Oh Mama, I'm sorry your having such a pain! My food has been better these last couple of days too. I've found that I have to just stay away from sweets, I can't manage moderation with them! I have 8 cats. Wasn't that a show, "Eight is Enough"? Plus my collie. The cats allow her to use her herding instinct on them. I have a 3 bedroom house, so there is plenty of room. Especially when Mom isn't here. I'm not sure about being our leader, but I do agree that we need to get serious, back to posting how our days went, weigh ins, exercise, ect. Accountability is a great motivator.

Tobey- Too bad he's really not naked!!! I'm so bad! For awhile I am going to just work. And catch up on the yard work. I have a couple areas I want to work on, plus my garden and flowers. I didn't get to do much last year, I was always on surgical restrictions, a gall bladder and 2 separate hernia repairs, all at different times. I may end up working alot of overtime because I am so used to being somewhere all the time. At least it'll be good for my paycheck!

Skeeter- Congrats on your 2# loss. I'd like to drop about 10 lbs this month. I'd be about to my goal by then. I'm not sure 10 is realistic though. Your concern is not a stupid one about the platelets. Normal platelet counts are up to 400,000. There is always a range. If they get out of control, they could cause a clot to form in a variety of places, causing heart attacks or strokes. That's what happened to my grandpa, but his were closer to 900,000. If you have no contraindications to taking an aspirin a day, I would recommend it. (no history of bleeding ulcers, blood disorders, etc). You may want to take a coated one and with food. If you have any questions or concerns, check with your doctor to make sure it's ok. There are certain drugs you don't want to take them with (ibuprofen or other anitinflammatories). Or check with your pharmacist who is aware of your medications. I take an aspirin a day.

I guess that's about all today. Have a good weekend.

Jen
Closed Thread