Old 01-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default and here we go again.

Ha,
there I go, I've been MIA again for a while.

I suppose the best thing to do is not to lie, to myself or anyone else. I have not been on plan or on track at all. I am all talk. I blew all of my Christmas goals, I have let stress get the better of me, I have eaten crap, I have felt bad about it and done nothing to change it, I've had moments where I give in to that feeling of just not caring, I have emotional ate and drank the whole shebang. I have become comfortable in a relationship. I haven't counted a calorie or set foot in the gym in about a month...and before that I wasn't that on track to begin with. The difference is before I was at least working out and maintaining...now I've started to gain.

It's been a wild ride for me with a lot of things over the past few months but if I don't get a leg back up on the wagon before I go under the wheels I don't think I'll be able to live with myself. My body aches, I feel bloated, my clothes are getting snug, I'm tired all the time. I've psyched myself out getting to the weight point I always get to before I get complacent and give up.

I'm extremely disappointed in myself, I'm still having trouble finding my motivation. I've planned all my food for today, and tomorrow...though again, I won't lie, I ate some unplanned office goodie leftovers today in passing. 2 oreo's and a brownie.

So. I cannot dwell, dwelling and self-pity are like the two worst things in the world (for me at least) cause that keeps me doing nothing. It's not to cold here today, we are into january and though it isn't much the days are starting to get lighter again thankfully.

This is my plan of attack... today has not been a lost cause, I will take it for what it is and move on. Tomorrow will be easier. Tonight, kicking and screaming, I'm going to the gym...Tomorrow I will inch my way through being on plan. I will again attempt to get up in time to go to the gym in the morning, if I don't make it then I will go in the evening.

Tonight I will go to bed early, I will have no alcohol, and I will do everything in my power to make it a good nights sleep. I will come back to the boards, be honest with myself and everyone else and I will continue to remind myself of what I really want and that I am worth it. I do not want my clothes to be any tighter.

Wish me luck!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #2  
Face down in Cabo!

S/C/G: WOE - Atkins

Height: 5'10

You said it, don't dwell on the past, look to the future! You CAN do this!
CT Cabo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Most of us, if not ALL of us have been in your shoes. I know I have!! Acknowledgment is key for getting back on track and then being committed to our goals! "Feeling motivated" is overrated IMO, it's with us today and gone tomorrow. But our commitment remains. If we waited around for our feelings to always be with us, we'd waste our lives.

P.S. And today isn't a lost cause! It's a huge success actually--you're back!!

Last edited by Nori71; 01-07-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: P.S.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I like reading all the "I will" in your post. That is the attitude it takes to get back on track. Not I might or I'll think about, or If I do this...but I WILL DO this and that, and then following through. You have done it once and you can do it again. Now get movin'
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in the same place, hon. Time to give up the pity party (in my case) and knuckle down. I was doing great, and I can once more. I'm here with ya.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back, Sunshine! Plan, plan, plan. This is the best way to get back in the groove. Have a plan....and, have a back-up plan! You can do this!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

^^^
Rhonda, that was hilarious, I was just going to post that I missed your lovely face in your avatar...and then the next page I went to..you were back!! 'Twas very strange!

Sunshine...I'm SO glad you're back, you've been missed. You can do this....we all can...together!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

You can absolutely do it, darling! I hit the same point you did about a month ago, and I'm sure every single person on this forum has hit it or will hit it eventually. Good job owning up to it and taking responsibility
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #9  

Welcome back -- with the rest of us who dropped out of sight for a while. "Been there, done that" - but I'm back to and I refuse to let another year go by without losing the weight -- I can't stand the idea of another New Year's making the same dreadful plea to myself -- "lose weight this year" -- but I was smart enough to wait it out over Christmas/New Years, knowing it would be way to difficult to try to stick to anything, and I actually think I did better without the pressure!

You can and will do this -- every pound we drop is another dose of "self esteem booster" to keep us moving along. I know I could use a big dose of it!! I've learned that the more stringent I am with my diet, the easier it is for me to fail, so at this point I'm just cutting back a bit, really paying attention to what passes my lips (straight to my butt ) and re-incorporating exercise back into my day. Amazing how much better I feel already.

Sorry for being so long winded -- I guess I figure the more I say it all, the more likely it will come true -- good luck, welcome back and don't go anywhere again!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #10  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Welcome back sunshine! You can do this, I know you can!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there Sunshine.

You know what needs to be done, you know why it needs to be done and it sounds like you're ready to get it done. Tis' a good thing. So yes indeedy, pick yourself up, dust yourself off - and get back to it. Good luck!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
^^^
Rhonda, that was hilarious, I was just going to post that I missed your lovely face in your avatar...and then the next page I went to..you were back!! 'Twas very strange!
I imagine that was strange! I was thinking that I need something new and fresh for the year, but another 3FC friend mentioned that they like my picture as my avatar. So, I decided to change it back as I like seeing pictures, too.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #13  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

hang in there NE Sunshine Remember it's a journey, not just a destination. (Plus who HASN'T screwed up? I sure haven't met any of those people)
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

I knew there was a reason I keep turning here!

Well yesterday was more of a success than it has been. My food wasn't 100% on plan but it wasn't 100% off. I went to the gym, only for 30 minutes, but I haven't exercised in over a month so I'm easing into it. I didn't get up early enough today to go this morning so I will go tonight and will aim for 45 minutes and then will build for the rest of the week.
I've got everything for today into fitday except lunch...I have a lunch meeting but thankfully it's at a place with an online menu so I can plan in advance. I'm tired and I didn't sleep great but it was better than the night before so it's a step in the right direction.

I'm a bit discouraged this morning. I put on a pair of pants that just a short bit of time ago were getting really loose on me and now they are at the point where a couple more pounds would have them not fitting. I feel like a sausage.

It's getting me down a bit, but I'm just going to use that to push me to go back the other way.

sigh. off to work.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

"I'm a bit discouraged this morning. I put on a pair of pants that just a short bit of time ago were getting really loose on me and now they are at the point where a couple more pounds would have them not fitting. I feel like a sausage. "

Well just imagine how utterly thrilled you'll be when those same pants are once again loose on you. You CAN make that happen. It IS within your power. Your control. You CAN turn this around. Losing weight is a doable thing and you CAN do it. And you know what, you will do it. Ya hear? I know you want that better life for yourself. Take it, it's yours for the taking.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote