Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Chick Chat Jan7/08~Jan13/08

Where is everyone this morning?

Either Im very tired, or the low carb funk is setting in on me. Almost 2 weeks to the day. I took only one potassium tablet yesterday instead of 2, that might be it. I'll take 2 today and see if things get better. Im not liking this at all!!!

Im not hungry today, but I want to eat. kwim? Im holding off lunch until 1pm, and only if I have 1/2 my water drank. Then I'll head home early from the shop and get my cardio in. I have a meeting tonight that will run about 3hrs, so I wont be getting any exercise in then. Well, exercise in restraint....keep from ordering or eating any desserts!

What is your positive thought today? Mine is knowing that I can zip up my jacket without tugging at it to magically make it bigger. Because it is bigger (or Im smaller) Positive thoughts ladies

Have a great day!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-07-2008 at 11:45 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #2  
Face down in Cabo!

S/C/G: WOE - Atkins

Height: 5'10

Hi robin, Hi chicks,

Im here at work today, sick as can be.I'm trying to clean the bar and the kitchen, but I can't stand up for more than 15 minutes at a time. I want to go home and go to bed, but it's just not happening. This is the only day DH has with his kids (previous marriage) and I won't let him miss out on being with them.

Hey, question. Have any of you ever noticed that you stop losing during your period? I always stop / gain a pound or 2 (water???) My diet hasn't changed, if anything, I cut back even more. Just wondering if this is just me or if it's typical.
CT Cabo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #3  

I'm here. Just reveling in a recent weight loss and still high on endorphins from boot camp this morning.

My thought du jour--why is dietary fat a bad word? You hear so much about low fat, and the only reason you do, IMO, is to cut excess calories (and calories aren't such a bad thing either--read my blog), but for me, when my fat and protein are at about 35-45% of my diet and my carbs <25%, I lose.

The need for fat has been concurred by many in the fitness/exercise industry. I wish people would catch on to this.

Yes, yes, I know...the fear of cholesterol and heart stuff. There is such a thing as good fat. I enjoy the fat in cheeses, butter, oil, and protein. I'm cautious to an extent (do not eat red meat more than 2x a week), but otherwise, it's all good....

Last edited by JerseyGirl69; 01-07-2008 at 12:41 PM.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225.5/ 219.5 /150ish

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, not much going on here, just deciding if I should do the treadmill, or the total gym. I worked out 2x yesterday so I really want to try for that once again. Hope all is well with you all!
MelissaJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The infection is gone and was able to go outside this morning,now that we're having balming weather .Suppose to go up in the high 50's.

Woke up this morning with crust all over my left eye and now it blurry and I can't see out of it.Going to make this short as I can't see. One of the ladies on another board that I post to said it might be the bacterial infection that went up to my eye. If it doesn't get better I will be back to the doc again.

Robin=Thanks for starting us up this week. That fantastic that your losing inches.I had an awakening when I tried on a pair of pants that doesn't fit anymore.I only got them recently so I must have gained inches instead.How can you be not hungry when you want to eat????? I don't understand.

CT Cabo Girl-Welcome to the board.Sorry your not feeling well,that this time of the year.Hope you feeling better soon. I can't answer you question,as I don't have TOM around anymore.

Jersey Girl-I agree with you fat is not the total enemy,which every believes it to be. We must have fat to live healthy,but the good fats like olive oil,olives & avocados etc But this is a low carb board.To lower carbs we must eat more protein & fats to give us a will balance diet.

Milissa-Welcome to the board.Your doing great working out on your treadmill.I believe exercise to the key to any diet. I lacked last week due to I wasn't feeling well.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

'Morning (for me) LC'ers! & caboCT, jg69 & melissa! Always great to chat with new folks on the LC Journey! We've got an exercise "sticky" here to help track January - I also love to see what others are doing - my goal is to try to do something daily & since I HATE ex - always looking for ideas & motivation, ya know?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129837

I was going to suggest water, robin . . . but see that you've got that covered. Are ya eating plenty of veggies?

I'm psyched to be on Day 1 . . . starting on a short work week/coming off the holidays was kind of a bust for me last week - altho' I kept up with walking & water and wasn't totally "mindless" on the eating . . . ahhhh . . . a new week . . . a fresh start . . . '08 stretching out ahead of me brimming with possibilities . . . there's my Positive Thought for the day!

This lifestyle has done wonders for my cholesterol levels - even eating tons of red meat jg69 - good skyrockets - bad plummets - total # goes down . . . my doc is always amazed. Not sure when the world will get a clue!

Off to the night shift early . . . ttyal - Have a GREAT LC WEEK ALL!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #7  

Hey LC-ers, can anyone suggest a LC snack besides nuts. I'm listening to a neighbor in the cube next door eat something crispy and it's made me wonder what my options could be for that craving.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Jersey, I use celery with Laughing Cow Cheese or with Cream cheese to have a crunchy snack. I used to eat pork rinds, but I quickly tired of those.

I'm doing great now with food and exercise. I don't feel hungry, and I'm so glad to finally feel back in control. Now that I'm using the gym religiously, I am drinking more water too.

We had a bad night last night. One of my grandsons had let Lucy (my 1 yr. old Lab out the front door). She came back home literally tore up. We took her to the 24 hr. Emergency Vet Hospital. She underwent general Anesthesia, had her wounds stapled and was kept in the hospital on IV antibiotics and IV pain killers. The vet thinks she was attacked by a Very large animal. I think my neighbors Pit Bull that runs loose is the culprit, but I have no proof. I'm very thankful my dog survived. I was out a fortune in vet bills and have to take her to my regular vet. tomorrow to have him check for infection. She is so sore that she can barely move and has to wear a face shield to keep from licking the wound. Right now I'm furious with the neighbors for letting their dog run loose and not having a fence. That dog is terrozing the neighborhood and had my DD pinned against our house 2 days ago with Lacy crying with the dog barking and growling at her. Plus it runs at me and growls when I try to go check my mail. This dang Podunk town doesn't have an animal control unit or a leash law. GRRRRRRRRRRR.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #9  

I'm glad she'll be ok. This morning I was walking my pug and heard a very deep growl. I looked around and couldn't see anything. It might have been a buck, but it reminded me of a bear growl I heard in MN one summer. SCARY. All I could think was poop already and let's run home.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl69 View Post
Hey LC-ers, can anyone suggest a LC snack besides nuts. I'm listening to a neighbor in the cube next door eat something crispy and it's made me wonder what my options could be for that craving.
You might want to try making some Cheese Crisps if you want something crunchy.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #11  

Great ideas! BTW, do you know that the crispy cheese is an Italian treat? Been around for ages--I just didn't think of it, glad you did. Now, if only I were home to get at that cheese.

BTW, I'm in W NJ, so I bet we're not far from each other.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #12  

Hello,
I got interrupted at lunch time, so I'm eating a very late lunch which makes my regular salad taste much better.

Whoa Lilly, I can imagine the vet bills. We were in the emergency vet clinic a year so ago when we thought our little dog had gotten into the antifreeze. We never did figure out what made her throw up all over the house, but evidently it wasn't anti-freeze because she was all right. But it was expensive! I would think, even without a lease law, a dog that threatened humans has got to be breaking some law. Any chance of talking to the owners? Maybe they don't know what their dog is up to? We have a chocolate lab as well as a beagle mix and my husband refuses to see that his dog (the lab) has any faults at all. If he had spoiled the kids the way he spoils the dog, we'd be in big trouble.

For New Jersey Girl. Personally, I've given up any worries about dietary fat. My fit day wheel has a scary amount of fat, but I'm trusting that it won't hurt me. As long as I'm losing weight, I'm not thinking about cholesterol either. So far, I've never had a high reading and that's probably genetic as much as anything. So thank you ancestors!

Of course all the years of Weight Watchers take some getting over. I had a real hard time moving from Fat Free Coffeemate to heavy cream, although the cream sure tastes better. But now I've made that move and I've gotten used to regular sour cream, butter and blue cheese dressing. Isn't that the best thing about Atkins?

I don't even miss the snacks most of the time while I'm doing induction. The big test will come when I have a regular social outing with food and drink and leave them alone. We'll see if I can do that, but I think I've proved to myself that I can do better with none then some. Moderation doesn't work well for me, but that's just me.

So this is Day six for me on induction and I've been pretty good. No cheating, hurrah! I used an old Keystick yesterday and it showed positive, Hurrah again! I'm waiting for day 8 to weigh in with the hope that I'll have a big loss and it will motivate me to stay on induction another week.

Actually, except for the social stuff, another week isn't a problem. It's always the social stuff that trips me up. Like when you go out to dinner and order a nice safe salad but can't quite stop your hand from straying into the chips and salsa. Or when you're eating at a friend's house and don't want to turn down every single thing they offer. Or when you go to the movies with your loving husband who insists on getting popcorn and you think, maybe just one taste. Aaahhh!! At least I know what pit falls to watch out for. That's gotta help, right?
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Jersey, I didn't know about the cheese crisps, but they sound tasty, so I will give them a try. I'm needing a snack so now sounds like a good time. LOL.

I had a great gym workout. 2.5 hrs. total, but my muscles are screaming at me. Today was my upper body workout and I am not very strong yet, to say the least.

My doggie is doing better this evening. Yes, lynnar, my vet. bill was astronomical and they don't do a payment plan, I had to pay it all out last night. Here's to a month of being poor for me. Good thing I had already bought a ton of LC groceries, so at least we'll have food!

Oh, there is no chance of talking with the neigbors. They have already expressed that "even though our dog looks mean and growls and barks at everyone, it would NEVER bite anyone". I think this is absolute BS and I'm sick of being afraid to walk out in my own darn yard just cause they choose to have an aggressive animal and refuse to put up a dang fence. We're gonna talk with the local police dept. and see what can be done! I did find out that in our state, OK, that a person has to have special insurance to even Own a Pit Bull.

BTW, these are the same neighbors that shot Lucy (my Lab) with a pellet gun for walking into their yard when she was a 3 month old puppy. She defintiely wasn't a threat to noone.

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-08-2008 at 12:06 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

If the pit bull is ever on your property lily - shoot it. (OR shoot it and drag it onto your property.) Any witnesses to it attacking Poor Lucy? If so, you can take the lovely neighbor to civil court for the vet bill - including future vet bills for the injuries. Thank God the damn thing didn't get your grandbaby.

Did GREAT today on Day 1 . . . gonna look at Cheese Crisps b4 passing out . . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #15  

lynnar--good cholesterol:
I had my bloodwork done in October. My cholesterol was "perfect" and my blood sugar slightly elevated (I was, after all 300+). It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the #s in a year or so.