Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default Still A Head Case (head case part deux)

The day is still new, but I'm seeing that my head really has to catch up with my body.
  • It doesn't realize that 3x is too big and I should get a 1x.
  • It's suprised when men flirt.
  • It's still suprised that I can keep up in boot camp and abs class.
  • It thinks the tights I'm wearing shouldn't fit.
  • It doesn't accept that I really entered the 280s and now weigh what I did at 23.
  • It doesn't believe the reflection because my middle just keeps shrinking.
  • It doesn't believe that I can eat all this (2000cal plus) and lose weight.
  • It doesn't believe the scale so I have to get on 3x and again a half hour later just to be sure.
  • It seems surprised that the 280s will pass and the 270s will come soon enough (at least within next 6 weeks).
  • And it doesn't believe that 250 is reasonable for this spring. (expected by end of May)

Well, catch up already, will ya????
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I kept measurements as I was losing weight (instead of keeping the one pair of "fat" pants --- I didn't want any bigger clothes sitting around!). When I got to the "This is so slow" or when I wanted to prove to myself that I had done something pretty impressive, I would take the tape measure and hold it out to the measurement it was when I first started. Knowing that I've lost 14" in my waist is one thing. Seeing it in front of me is another.

I'm someone who looks at old pictures of myself at 100+ pounds heavier and thinks I don't look all that different. This measuring method is something that I still do today when I get frustrated.

Congratulations!!
scgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  

That's a great little head trick!

And congrats 2u!

Last edited by JerseyGirl69; 01-07-2008 at 12:17 PM.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #4  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl69 View Post
That's a great little head trick!

And congrats 2u!
To me, it's all about finding head tricks that work. I've been within about 10 pounds of my current weight for about a year and a half and I still get shocked when I don't have to grab from the back of the rack in doors. I instinctively still start from the back. Who knows if it'll go away? But the head tricks like that help me dig out of the holes when things are getting really frustrating (or when I don't trust "non-objective" things like pictures or my reflection!). I'm a numbers person -- I like undeniable proof -- so that's my means of reassurance!
scgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote