Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #1  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Default The FIRM Support Thread *All formats Welcome*

since I opened my mouth and suggested it, I figured I'd go ahead and start the thread.

feel free to share past FIRM success stories. I'm a big fan of success stories. Before we could afford internet, I used to buy the diet mags solely for the success stories {obviously I wasn't following the plans in the magazines, or I wouldn't be back up to almost 200 lbs}
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #2  
On A Mission

*bump*ing to see if there's any real interest
Old 01-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #3  

I'm a big fan of success stories too!

I bought the original Tranfirmer (at least I think it was the original--blue box that had legs you could pull down to make it higher or lower). I did one workout on it and then it collected dust in the basement for several years.

I had been a member of the YMCA for about a year so I could go to the classes (I love group classes), but my schedule never seemed to coincide with the classes, so it was a waste of money.

One night, I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the t.v., and watched an infomercial for the newest Firm workouts. The next day, I went to Target and bought the Transfirmation system (the one with 2 separate boxes that can be stacked or set at an incline).

I started in October and have seen some amazing results! My arms are looking much more defined, my legs are looking good, and my bum has definitely "lifted". I've lost about 12 inches overall, lost 20 lbs (have added 4 back since the holidays).

I just bought about 20 of the classic firm tapes (the Firm site was having a huge sale), and those are really tough! I laugh at the outdated hair, makeup and workout clothes, but those are some seriously hard workouts!

I've slacked off a bit because of the holidays, but I'm ready to get back into it. I try to do 3-4 Firm workouts weekly, and 2-3 HIIT workouts on the treadmill.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #4  
Writing my success story

I'll be doing the thansfirmation workouts as soon as I get it. I have BSS1 and will do those workouts to the best of my ability while I wait.
allabouttheskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

I got the pink Transfirmation workout kit as a gift lol. It seems really nice. I did about 15 minutes of the Hi Def Sculpting last night and I am deeeefinitely feeling it today.

The only thing is, I don't like their cardio. I prefer low impact, like Walk Away the Pounds. I guess I could use Firm for strength training and keep my regular cardio.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I use The Firm Stability Ball DVD three times a week. I love it! I have the Fanny Lifter and the three VHS (yes, that's how long I've had it!) tapes for it and then purchased a more advanced series for the Fanny Lifter a couple years ago, but it's in storage in California right now. Sounds like there are a lot more options out there now! I don't even know what this TransFIRMer system is.

I lost all of the baby weight from Baby #1 plus ten more pounds using The Firm, then all of the baby weight plus ten extra pounds from Baby #2. Before I got pregnant with my third, I was twenty pounds lighter than when I got married! It's a great system. I'm hoping that sale that Darby mentioned is still on!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #7  
On A Mission

I finally pressed play and did about 30 minutes of the Hi Def Sculpt this morning. I'm feeling it in my shoulders and my butt, of all places.

My one complaint that regards the exercises themselves is the seated crunches. They have you do so many elbow to opposite knee, then start bringing the knee to the midline to meet the elbow. I could not do it. My leg kept getting 'hung up' on my fat rolls

Other than that, I was a sweaty mess when I was done. Of course I had to 'break' a rule and start with weights since I'd done the Firm dvds from wal mart off and on in the past with no weights, and didn't feel like they really did any good.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #8  

kara-the firm is still holding the sale. Their website is firmdirect.com. It looks like the prices are even a bit cheaper than when I ordered. If you do order, be aware that the shipping prices are a bit high, and it takes them a LONG time to ship them out. It took about 3 weeks before I got my order.

How do you like Osan? I was stationed there in 92-93 and I loved it!

mkat321-it will get easier! As long as you start with low weights and make sure you're using good form, you'll have no problems! And I know about being a sweaty mess when I'm done! I'm going to jump back into it tomorrow and try to do at least 3 Firm workouts this week!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Darby! I was on there looking at the prices and for some of those packages, the videos are only $2 or $3 each! That's a steal!

We are having fun in Korea. This is my husband's second tour here at Osan. He was here '96-'97. We were dating but not married yet and I was still in college. It was an awful year for me, so this time when he got his orders, we brought the whole family over even though we're not command-sponsored. The kids and I stayed back in the States for about a month and it was really hard on us. I'd find our six year old curled up in bed with a picture of Tom just crying his little eyes out. Our three year old would run to the door every time the bell rang, thinking it was Tom. And the baby wasn't even one yet. It's been great for us being together. We have a terrific four bedroom, two full (American style) bath apartment about a block and a half from the Beta gate in a little residential part of town. The base is so easy to get around, and they've built a whole bunch - new BX, new community center is going up, there's an indoor pool now, even a Chili's! We're winding down our time - off to Ramstein in March - but I'm so glad we leapt the pond and came over.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8.5"

I love my firm workouts! I bought the transfirmer system last Christmas for my own present and recently got the workouts that came with the previous incline step. Total, I've got probably 15 of their workouts so far! I definitely have built up muscle using their workouts, but in order to see it, I need to lose more weight!

I'd love to hear from more people that do the firm. We'll see if this thread takes off.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I'm fairly new to the Firm- since mid November. I do Total Body Time Crunch 2-3 times a week and love. I just got Shape and Burn and plan to try it soon.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #12  
On A Mission

OMG! I could not believe how much I hurt this afternoon. Not horrible or anything. But I was startled because I wasn't too sore when I woke up, but as the day wore on, yeouch! I ended up being too scared of doing the next DVD. So I'll have to claim my rest day today and do the Cardio Party tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #13  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

I really wish they would hurry up and ship my order!! I got an email saying they were processing it last Wednesday, so maybe it will ship today. Can't wait to get started!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Polkadot - Take a deep breath. They are so slow!!! The best thing I can say is that the workouts are great so it will be worth it when they come.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #15  

So, I forced myself to go down today and do a Firm dvd. I did Supercharged Sculpting. It's only 30 minutes long so I thought it would be a good one to start off on. I've only done one Firm workout since I've been back from vacation (and we got back on December 19th!). I used light weights. I'll get on the treadmill tomorrow, and back to the Firm on Thursday.

Did anyone else "Firm" today?