Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Question loose skin after weight loss

Has anyone lost 50lbs or so? If so, did you do it with weight lifting and cardio? Do you have any left over skin or did your skin conform to your new figure. I'm planning on lossing 50lbs(I am really), with weight lifting and sensible eating. Thinking about my future body and I'm not sure if I need to plan for plastic surgery also(, LOL!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

There's a lot of topics here on lose skin, and some really good info on plastic surgery somewhere that I think Meg posted.

In a nutshell, it depends. The younger you are, the better chance that your skin will be more elastic and able to snap back a bit more than an older person. But even that's not a guarantee. Massaging may help, a bit. Just use a lotion daily and massage the area. Exercise helps, quite a lot. But in the end, you may still have lose skin.

Losing 100+ pounds, at the age of 37 to 39, after pregnancy, while massaging constantly during weightloss and my latest pregnancy, and doing toning exercises constantly, I still have quite a lot of lose skin. Not so much that you can tell if I'm standing straight. If I bend forward in a 2 piece though, you're gonna lose your lunch. Or I will one.

But I wouldn't trade it for the fat skin at all. And I can't afford the surgery, and at my age, who's gonna notice anyway? LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Yup. Lost 50 lbs. Yup. Have loose skin. At 50, I doubt that it will all disappear. I can tuck the loose skin into my clothing and I wouldn't trade it for the "filled skin" that I used to have for anything.
Don't sweat it - you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Just enjoy every lb. that you lose and the healthy benefits you will see from getting fit.
Oh, and yes I have a varied fitness routine: weights, cardio, pilates, yoga, resistance bands
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #4  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I believe you'll have a left over skin if you're older and started out pretty big. Is 201 where you're at now? that's not so bad. (unless you're pretty short.) I started at 260 and when I hit my lowest 219, I didn't have much lose skin in my belly, but I know for a fact that I'm going to have wings fo skin on my arms. But I rather have empty skin than filled skin. Plus I cover my arms anyways.
I agree with those above me. a good mix of workout, including massage will help lots.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We have a whole forum to discuss this and related issues...including this fantastic Skin FAQ.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

I'm 23 and have lost 50 pounds. I don't necessarily think I have much loose skin.
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #7  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Since last January I've lost 83 pounds by walking, doing cardio, and lifting weights. I'm 36, and as far as loose skin goes, I'm not too bad. I'm not at my goal weight yet, but so far the only loose skin I have is on my neck...I lost 5 inches off of my neck alone. I always say I have the neck of an 80-year-old woman, but my friends say it's not noticeable. I guess because it's me, I'm self conscious (we can be our own worst critic at times).
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:10 AM   #8  
Sodredge "Just Google It"

S/C/G: 600/585/300

Height: 6ft 10.5 (7ft in shoes)

I have to lose a small Boy Band and with that said I can not wait for my issue to no longer be impending doom but how to cut the tenting mass off my bod. If you get to this point CHEER LOUDLY, you have made it through a gigantic hurdle. Any way try to imagine me, I am gonna go and see if a couple of burn units could use me.
sodredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hi there,

I lost 45 lb and didn't notice any loose skin at all. I am 33 years old, if that helps. My boobs are a little more saggy, but oh well.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel View Post
Hi there,

I lost 45 lb and didn't notice any loose skin at all. I am 33 years old, if that helps. My boobs are a little more saggy, but oh well.
Oh don't worry. They ALL get that way eventually. With or without weightloss.

Though I do LOVE that Slimquick commercial where the girl says "This is me and my husband Ted. I was fat and unhappy, Ted was fat and happy. So we started eating salads instead of french fries. This is what happened to Ted (his body shrinks), and this is what happened to me (her boobs shrink). Now we're both unhappy." LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote