Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #1  

Default Hi I'm Pam

Hi I'm Pam I'm 33 years mother of 2 and happily married.

I am 254.4 pounds and would like to get down to 150

I have been over weight for many many years and I'm really sick of it.

I've tried lots of diets, and can't seem to stick to anything for more than a few months. Then I go off the diet and eat like a pig and gain it all back plus more.

I don't want to diet I just want to learn to eat right and only enough for one person instead of stuffing everything I find in my mouth.

So my friend Theresa purplyfirefly told me about the webstie.

So here I am ready to get started with a NEW ME!

I'm open to any ideas of how to get to my goal weight.
heweysgirlalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

YAY! You made it! See..I got back in too

I will leave the advice to the wonderful people here...you hear enough of my advice
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #3  

I never complain about your advice so feel free to talk.

I had a brain storm lol

I don't know how you would feel about this but. I was thinking you could come down one morning when it's not to cold. Then we could drive over to my paretns house and leave Joshua with my dad. You, me and mom could walk to my house then of course drive back to get Joshua.

That would be a good walk :-) about 7 miles I'm guessing
Do you think we could do it?
heweysgirlalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #4  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Pam!! You've made the first step in coming here, and it looks like you have a great friend & supporter in real life, too. congrats on the 7 pounds you've already lost, and I hope you are successful in your goal to change your life !!
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

welcome aboard!

I think you've made a MAJOR discovery that takes a lot of people (ME especially) a long time to get -- DIETS DON'T WORK!!! Anything you go ON and then OFF again is doomed to failure!

So welcome to healthy eating, enjoying good food, and moving your butt a bit!

Of course, that's exactly how easy it is -- ha, NOT! But for the times when you're down and can't get motivated, come on here for a read! And days when you're on top of the world, come on here and help someone who's down

glad to have you!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I am new here too and already I have found lots of support and welcome arms. It's a great place to hang out and get inspiration!

I agree with Trazey - "diets" don't work. Find something you think you can sustain and you will do wonderfully. Everyone has a different approach, but you will see lots of common things people who are successful do - move their bodies, eat less and better quality food and if they fall off the wagon, they dust off their shoulders and get right back before the old them comes back.

So far that is what I've learned here!
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by heweysgirlalways View Post
That would be a good walk :-) about 7 miles I'm guessing
Do you think we could do it?
You're kidding, right? I don't think I can walk 7 miles at one time.

Have you thought about any goals to work toward...besides just a pound goal? You could go back to WW, or do you not want to for some reason? There is a forum here for WW about eating better...start with a small change, when that is comfortable, add another. I started with cutting out sugar, then changed white stuff to all whole grains, then started focusing on protein and lots of veggies. Veggies are good..they could be a goal maybe?
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Welcome Pam!

I'm glad you decided to join us. Many of us here have had the same experience as you. I was overweight for about 20 years I went on and off way too many diets to count. This time has been so different for me because I finally got it in my head that this is for the rest of my life.

My advice to you is to set small goals. Don't look at the total amount you want to lose - break it down into 5 or 10 pound goals. When you reach those goals reward yourself (with anything but food). Each time you reach a goal you will feel better and better about yourself. Before you know it you will be shopping for new clothes and have more compliments coming your way than you will know what to do with

Always believe in yourself! You are worth it and you can do it!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi. I just wanted to say welcome to 3FC and 100 lb club.

I'll echo that of the others. Diets simply don't work, because they have a beginning and an end. We need something that continues. Forever. It took me many, many years to come to that realization. So therefore I had to find something that I could do longterm. For me that's counting calories and eating healthy foods. I had to get rid of the junk and I had to ADD in healthy, low calorie delicious foods. I also had to prepare and plan everything in advance. Eating healthy does not happen by chance. It must be thought out and planned for. And then of course there was the fact that I had to add exercise and activity into my life.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and I look forward to hearing much more from you. Good luck!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!!!!!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! For me, eating veggies was the key to really losing weight after so many trials and errors. It's harder in winter but it can be done!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We are so glad to have you!!! Look forward to getting to know you!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote