Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Can't get back on track

Okay, so up until December 23, I was doing GREAT. I'd gotten down to 177 (see ticker), was resisting snacks and overeating, etc. I allowed myself to enjoy chocolates and wine and other good things from Dec. 23-26, and enjoyed NYE. I've put on about 5 lbs. I just can't seem to get back into the groove. I have a cold, I'm tired, have no energy, stressed about money (frigging dentist), and just seem to never be home. I don't want to slip back any further.

Help.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Oh sweetie . . . I feel for you. I was feeling exactly the same way you were. I was twitchy, gritchy, & b*&chy.

Then, I forced myself to do some exercise . . . and I started counting my points again. And you know what?? I felt BETTER.

I got back on track New Year's Day and as of this morning I'm only up 1.4 pounds. Not as bad as I'd expected.

YOU CAN DO IT. Just get up off your hiney and get moving. You'll be glad you did.

BIG HUG!!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

if you feel icky NOW imagine how you'll feel if you gain 10!!! that should get ya movin'
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #4  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

I know it's easier to just stay in bed but trust me, you'll feel so much better if you move and take care of your body than if you continue to slip. you can do it!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #5  

I know it's hard, but if you get back on track, those 5 pounds will come off in no time. It's probably mostly water/sodium gain. Lots of water & fresh veggies & fresh fruit seem to help with that. And I hear ya on the challenges cold, dark mornings (or evenings) bring to exercise. I think I was a bear in a past life 'cause all I want to do at this time of the year is hibernate! I know from the past, that the next couple of months are going to be really tough for me. One thing that's helped is that I've gotten to know some other gym regulars who are encouraging me to hang in there through the winter.

Maybe we can do the same here & start a thread. What should we call it? A few suggestions below, feel free to add others!

1) Light at the end of the tunnel (in the overcoming challenges sense, not the go to the light sense)
2) Fitness for Bears
3) Tropical Fantasy Island Health Spa & Support Group
4) Spring Chicks
4) Kick at the Darkness 'til it Bleeds Daylight (with apologies to Bruce Cockburn, though I'm more familiar with the U2 use of the phrase & Bare Naked Ladies cover version of the song)

And I'm thinking of putting together a summer/warm weather themed playlist for exercise.

Last edited by nylisa; 01-05-2008 at 03:04 PM.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

fitness for bears lol

I'm the same in the winter... except I find it a bit better in January as we've had the shortest day so I'm coming out the other end of the horribleness as it were (even though there's another two months or this yucky-ness at least!)
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

fitness for bears, I love it!!! I'm hibernating inside but EXERCISING like crazy because I want to exit my hibernation in April/May (this is canada eh) looking GREAT! yay!

that's a fun way to look at it, we're working away behind the scenes and then VOILA,helllo we're HOT!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

I keep thinking there must be someone out there willing to fund a human hibernation study - - I'd sign up in a flash! It's been tough for me to get back on track, too, but every day I manage to do a little better. I also indulged in a long hot bath the other evening, and I highly recommend the same to you for a little pampering, ChrissyBean!

Sometimes when I'm not motivated to do anything but "escape," I'll lose myself in a good book. I don't snack when I read, and the hours fly by if the book is right. But if you're afraid of snacking while you read, maybe get a library book that you won't want to get food on :-)

Hang in there...and try to find some way to deal with the stress you're experiencing, even if it's just insuring that you get enough rest.
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #9  
novabsolute

S/C/G: 220/207/120

Height: 5.2

Heeyy
You could malke yourself a spa day!! Either alone or with some friends
. Put on some good tunes. Happiness ones! Detox a little. Do some yoga, have a facial, do your nails , your toes all that nice stuff. Eat really yummy healthy things like pomegranites or berries, A little I am a gorgeous female pampering! Maybe that will ge you back on track. Wine and chocolates are sooo nice but girl you have made it down to177! That rocks! Plus, as someone else suggested I am sure it is water weight and gunk that will come right off! Keep on posting! Kriss
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Getting back on-plan is tough! I know....I'm in the process of doing so right now. If we don't do this, guess what happens next? A few months from now, a year from now...etc etc...we'll be heavier than ever and trying to start all over again. You probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Many of us have done this yo-yo diet thing for years. Only you can decide to make this time different. Most people who are successful at losing a large amount of weight have run into tough times during their journey. But, they didn't quit. They keep trying. Let's keep trying and do this. We'll fake it until we feel it!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #11  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

Ugh, i am right there. I went home to visit my parents over the holidays, that was 3 weeks of not really having control of my food, as much as I like to. I went shopping today and that was a relief. I have my fridge full of the stuff I know has kept me losing weight. I am not sure how much I gained, I am figuring between 3-5 pounds but till I do my monthly cycle I won't be sure. I was kinda stuck at my weight so I am hoping this will kick me back.

Last time this happened was last summer, I was stalling a bit, I went home.. for yep 3 weeks, gained like 5 pounds but ended up losing that and 15 more after that. So, here's to hope and yes, getting back into plan! The one good thing though is that my numbers stayed good (diabetic here, so I am talking blood sugar).
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #12  

Here's the link for Fitness for Bears:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...89#post1985689

Trazey, I love that attitude, working behind the scenes & voila, we're hot!

Well, I had a hard time waking up this am, but I did get my 30 mins of cardio in. Last year, I slacked off right around this time of year & didn't get back on track until May. I regained about 10 pounds. I lost them and eventually 10 more. One thing I keep reminding myself is that I want to keep making that progress, I don't want to have to do it all over again. If I hadn't slacked off, I'd be 10 pounds closer to my goal. While I'm not going to beat myself up over the past, I'm going to learn from it and not make the same mistake again. I have a bad tendency towards all or nothing when it comes to exercise, so I'm making it a point to develop a motto of "consistency is key". Better a series of consistent, less than ideal workouts than none at all. It makes it easier to maintain the habit.

Plus, I have a vacation planned at the end of May/early June in a beach area. I can't be out in the sun too much, but I'm going to be wearing shorts/bathing suits, etc. and I want to look the best that I can then.

Last edited by nylisa; 01-07-2008 at 11:46 AM.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote