South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Its the weekend again chick chat

Morning chicks.... Coffee and tea are ready, grab a cup and tell us your week end plans....

Me- Just a fast one this morning my girlfriend is coming down from Frederciton and we are going to go shopping. Well I am watching while she shops. Spent to much money last week end. Everyone have a great day and I will be back later to chat. Must do a quick tidy before she comes plus I need to shower and get ready.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have fun browsing the shops, LC! I bet you can find something to buy!

Jake warned me the coffee was terrible this morning, but I think it tastes OK. As soon as he's finished getting ready, we're off to breakfast and and some shopping at Wallyworld. I don't know if Monica and the girls will come over, but I plan to get in a visit with Mom & Dad.

Day 4 for me, and I'm feeling terrific! I did take a wee peek at the scale, and I'm liking what I see.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, LC! Hope your window shopping trip goes well! Sometimes it's as much fun watching someone else spend money as it is doing it yourself!

Glad your coffee's not awful, Linda! Have a fun day!

We had an interesting day today. I didn't think I was going to be able to make yoga this weekend because Tom had to (and still is) working today but when I got up I realized he didn't have to be at work until one, so I could go and he could meet me there with the kids before he went in to work. The gym is right around the corner from his shop, so it's not that big a deal. He was super grumpy about it, like I was putting him out. He refused to do it. Why? Because he wanted to sleep in. He sleeps in EVERY DAY. I ALWAYS get up with the kids. I am not exaggerating. I mean, I let him sleep until at least ten, if not later. So, I got the kids' lunches packed, put Connor's uniform (for martial arts) in the stroller, got all the kids dressed and breakfasted, and then went and told him I was going. He wasn't happy, but I left anyway. I deserve an hour and a half of yoga. Plus, it was nine o'clock. It's not like I was waking him up at five and throwing a screaming baby at him. All of the kids were happy, watching a movie with full bellies. By the time he got to the gym with the kids, he wasn't grumpy any more. I think he realized that he was being silly. So, I got to go to yoga and I didn't feel guilty at all about going!

Look what I made:

How funny is she?!

I'm going to go watch some TV and relax.

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-05-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:08 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Everyone....and good afternoon (night?) Kara.(that picture is just too cute!)

Kara, when my kids were little, I was the s-l-o-w-e-s-t grocery shopper ever. On Saturday mornings, I'd get my (ex) husband to watch the kids so I could go grocery shopping. I would take forever in the store and look and stroll and look and stroll. It was really my only "me" time and I really took advantage of it. When I had to bring the kids with me, I was in and out in no time. Which brings to mind my oldest son, Graham. One time I had all 3 kids in the check out line and for some unknown reason, Graham bit my rear end. He was standing right behind me and just chomped down. I screamed and was mortified when everyone turned to look at me. I guess he was the right height at the time and it was just "there" so he chomped. Another time we were in the grocery and I saw a woman who had the biggest boobs of anyone I've ever seen. She was short and I swear I don't know how she even walked they were so huge. I saw Graham's eyes get really big and knew what was coming and tried to get my hand over his mouth, but before I could, He said "MAMA...LOOK AT THAT LADY'S BOOBS!!!!". I wanted the earth to swallow me and of course she heard him and glared at me. We all survived his childhood, but barely.

My plans for today are paint, paint, paint. Yesterday I got my kitchen cabinets touched up and repainted my youngest son's bedroom door and repainted the front of the front door. Today, I'm just going to go around and touch up doors, trim etc around the house that have chips in them and paint the back of the front door and put everything away in the kitchen that was off shelves from yesterday. Then a friend is going to come over and help my husband put up a ceiling fan in the kitchen and I may go back and get another one. I found the cutest little "nubby" ceiling fan yesterday. It's only 24 inches. (The one I got has a light on it) I have 2 other light fixtures in my kitchen that are in weird, strange places...really ugly floresent things..one square and one round. I wanted to replace both of them with fans, but one is too close to a wall, so maybe I can put a drop down fixture on that one. Strange house.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-05-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Avery is just adorable, Kara. Her smile cheered me up. I'm a bit grumpy this morning (like Tom) but that snapped me awake.

Little Chick I can't believe how much snow you poor Maritimers got! We have lots but not 190 cm! Enjoy the shopping today and keep a close hold on your wallet. I spent way too much over Christmas too!

Cottage, are you off to Cracker Barrel? I love that place and wish we had one in Canada. I could go to the one near Watertown, NY, but it's hardly worth the drive and the border crossing delays. I need to get a friend with a small plane.

Today certainly feels like Monday to me. I breathed a huge "Whew!" when Cousin Cathy left yesterday afternoon. I have had way too much company, way to much food and drink and have done way too much cooking in the past two weeks. Remind me to get into hermit mode before next Christmas.

Donna may come today to clean and help me un-decorate. I also have a Church Bulletin and a TheraPaws Newsletter to do so will have some "on my butt" time. That's good because the knee is giving me grief lately. Never mind three weeks from today she will be gone and I can hardly wait! Sure there'll be pain but it will get better instead or worse. Yippee!

Hershey just came in and plopped on my feet with a big sigh. I guess her plan for the day is to sleep. What a bad influence!

I need to get moving. Have a peaceful Saturday.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday morning to ya chickies

Lc I hope you enjoy you day with yor friend even if you can't spend $$$

Cottage I will be making one of those wallyworld trips this morning as dh wants me to make some bean muffins

Kara she is adorable - has a very strong chance at a career

Today will be a busy one for me dh & I have a 9am walk scheduled with a few friends and then I have my workout at 1:30 (a friend want to give it a go) Then theres the trip to walmart, the cleaners, to take my dad flowers and then a pedicure for me. Busy day!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, that is so funny! Does Graham still stick his foot in his mouth often?

The funny thing is, I really do miss the kids, even if I'm away from them for a couple minutes. At first I relish the quiet and then it's just toooo quiet. No one is asking me any questions or singing any songs or making sticks into light sabers or swords... But I do need my time away. A happy mama makes a happy family!

That fan is too much! "Nubby" is the perfect description!

Ruth, I'm glad Avery could cheer you up! If your bad mood is anything like Tom's, it'll take less than two hours to clear up. I really can't complain. He's not grumpy often. He just likes to sleep.

Gonna, have a great walk! Pick a pretty color for your piggytoes!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-05-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Sorry I missed you gals.

Cat when your done painting yur house I have a few things that need some paint as well. Look at as exercise - youll get a good workout.

have a great day Ruth
Old 01-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for making coffee LC. Have a great time shopping today,
Kara I'm glad you got to your yoga class and Tom was quick to change his mood. Avery is soooo adorable.
Gonna Sounds like you have a very full day planned. Have fun.
Ruth I'm sorry you woke feeling less than happy. Hope your knee feels better. Your surgery is only 19 days away now right?
Femme The ceiling fan is great. Once when I was little I was walking through a store. I thought my mom was in the aisle bent over and I walked up and spanked her as hard as I could. Only problem it wasn't mom and I was old enough to know better. My mother has said more than once that my childhood and adolesence were more difficult on her and dad than on me
Cottage Have a nice time at breakfast.

Me Usually DF and I spend Saturdays doing something. Last night he didn't feel well though and with the yucky weather I may end up home bound today. I guess if that happens I'll take it as a sign to clean out and organize closets, cupboards and the garage. I'm still hoping he feels up to doing something though.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #10  

Morning gals!

Sipping my java and trying to wake up! I have been sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 everyday. Monday morning could be a bit rough on the 'ole body!

Schatzi I am with you on the cha cha with Phase 1. I don't know what my problem is, but I cannot seem to get it together! BUT my scale was down 2 pounds this morning, so who knows??

Kara My DH loves to sleep in as well. It drives me nuts sometimes, but he does work late.....

Ruth I hope that you enjoy your peace and quiet!!! As fun as the holidays are, I am always a bit relieved when life gets back to normal.

Cottage and LC You girls are rockin' Phase 1- I think you need to get to Texas to give me a butt kicking!

Barb I hope you are doing okay.

Femme I, too, can take a normal 30 minute shopping excursion and stretch it into a lenghty one if I am without my girls.

Thin Hope that you and DF get to do something fun today!

Gonna Sounds like a very busy day. Good for you for fitting in a pedi- we need to take care of ourselves!

Me- Grocery shopping and some cooking are on the agenda for me today. I am going to make several meals ahead of time so they are done for the week and ready to go. Although my house is still in great shape, I am going to dust and vacuum so that when I go back to work on Monday it will be nice and sparkly.

DH and I got the kids to bed at a reasonable time last night and were able to have an "at home" date. It was very nice and relaxing to spend time together. Our session on Thursday went well- I really like this therapist we are seeing. I do wish we had a quick fix, but know that this has been brewing for a couple of years, so it will take time.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Wow, you guys are up and at 'em early for a Saturday! I haven't even had coffee yet! I slept until 8:45 and then decided to lie in bed and read for another hour. The kids stayed at grandma's last night so it's quiet around here. I think I'll clean the kitchen this morning and then drop DS at horseback riding, and do my grocery shopping. I don't like to shop on a Saturday, but if I don't we won't be having any dinner tonight! I plan to go see Sweeney Todd this weekend, maybe this afternoon. DD has a playdate, and DD1 wants to go to Nordstrom's to buy a bra. I think I'll go along and get fitted again, just to see what they say. I also just realized that nobody gave us Harry Potter OOTP for Christmas, so I may need to stop and pick that up today. I wish I'd though of it last night, I was in Kmart. All of their Christmas was 75% off, so I picked up a bunch of things to donate to the PTA holiday gift shop for next year, and also bought a bunch of those re-usable gift boxes - the heavy duty ones, in all sizes. My goal is to do away with wrapping completely. Save time, $, and maybe some trees to boot!

I took a peek at the scale this morning, and the last 4 days of PH1 seem to have undone any damage done over Christmas, so my ticker is not lying anymore. Whew, that's a relief. The headache is gone today too.

Happy shopping, littlechick. You know with all the sales right now, you'll find something great to bring home!
cottage, don't ya love Ph1?
kara, that picture is too cute! I've got a budding America's Next Top Model too. Sometimes I catch her practicing her signature walk and her fierce faces in the mirror!
Cat, I've always loved grocery shopping because I refuse to take anybody with me, and I take my time.
Ruth, thanks for reminding me to add "undecorating" to my to-do list this weekend. Enjoy your down time.
Have a fun busy day, gonnabe!
Hope you find something fun to do Dawn. Wanna come to the movies with us?

Hey, did anyone watch "How to Look Good Naked" on lifetime last night? I don't usually like those makeover shows, but I enjoyed this one. It was different and had actual normal women's bodies. It wasn't about losing weight, or having surgery or a major makeover, more about just learning to love what you've got.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #12  

for the WEEKEND!!!!!
Kara : GOOD 4 U to get some Me/Pee Yoga time in..that should be a news years resolution for you! Cuz if momma aint happy nobody is! Avery is just Cuter than the capital Q (dont ask what it means I have no idea where I picked that up from!)

LC: SHOoooooping ! I wish I could go with you... have fun doll!

Ruth: you deserve some hermit time-just you and hershey ! Isnt if funny how you love your friends and family but after a while you're thinkin to yourself OY I cant wait till you leave!

Cottage: You are an inspiration!

Femme: Those stories are Priceless! I need you to I have sooo much to do round here...but Im just sooo over it all... the moving hopefully I just need some recharging time.. That fan is adorable!

Thin: Enjoy yer day with DF!

Gonna: Yessss! Pedis! Time fer you time! I love that all our chicks are making time for themselves! :grphug:

Schmoodle: Enjoy your day! LEt us know how Sweenytodd is --

Kiko: One step at a time..one day at a time... glad that things are looking more positive for you !

I'm suppose to be packing for my week in wee people world... I'm procrastinating.. the thought of flyin to newark 3 hour lay over and then another 6 hours has been in a whiny mood.
My eating is terrible.. I will need to take my lead from Cottage and LC... please thankfully I detest "Irish food" the favorite lunch is Mayonaisse Salad with chicken in it and stuffing on 2 2inch thick pieces of bread... CARBalishious Not.... AnyWhooooo:
We went to Furniture land.. they have a 500 foot Dresser as an entrance how hysterical! and floors and floors of all kinds of furniture TOOOO MANY CHOICES!!!! I got a nice office set.. time to return the kitchen table to its rightful place and use... and we picked out a couch and 2 chairs for the formal living room..I suck at picking fabrics so this should be interesting when it arrives.....ok, If I can find a way to connect with my work puter I'll check in during the week..
Cheers!

Last edited by Schatzi; 01-05-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
We had a dinner dance and fell off the wagon a bit. . .no bread or pasta but I had 2 bites of cheesecake a lemon tartlet (love that word!) and 4 bites of fudge cake.
We did do some dancing but the DJ STUNK I mean bad! I will post pics now that I learned to RESIZE!
Speaking of pics Kara Love your pic and Averys big girl panty pic!
Schatzi_ Rule of thumb for Ireland. . .Pub grub or chinese. There's a good restaurant in Temple Bar (are you in Dub?) called the Cozy Kitchen Smoked Salmon and Creme Fraiche On Brown Bread. or Just go to the Dunnes/M&S food pavillion. Marks and Sparks has some good healthy options just stay away from the baked goods
And could you pick me up a packet of winegums my FAVE CANDY! ok now I can feel the Crave Monster Back! Back Foul BEAST!
Ruth I agree with Hershey! its a good day to nap!
Schmoo let us know on sweeney todd I want to see it but am wondering if its a video pick for the gore factor
Kiko glad the scale is down and home dates are nice! Glad you had a good time
Thin that's what I should be doing!
Gonna MMM pedi!!
Cat love he fan! how was the painting?
Morning LC and Linda I'm off to forage for some coffee!!!!!
ok gotta go rustle DH his eye was bothering him I'm hoping we don't have to hit urgent care!
Kier
Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Dawn, did you end up doing anything this lovely Saturday? Maybe a movie night would suit both of you?

Kiko, have fun with your shopping and cooking! I love the grocery store because I feel like I'm on a shopping spree. I refuse to limit my budget for food, so we build everything else around what we spend at the commissary!

Schmoodle, glad to hear your ticker's not lying! This month I'm updating mine daily so I can see what that graph looks like at the end of the month. Should be interesting...

Schatzi, have a great trip! Say hi to Jersey for me, OK?

Morning, Kierie! Hope your husband's eye is better!

Off to bed with me. It's far too late but we are skipping church tomorrow because Kadyn threw up twice this afternoon. Don't want to spread the germies around if we can help it. Keep the Beach from eroding while I'm abed!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-05-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Wow you ladies get moving early. I always feel like I am late when I get on. I hate being late..

Little chick,cottage,ruth- hope you enjoy your day.

Kara- Avery is a QT. Have a good sleep.

Femme-love your stories of Graham. I have afew stories like that also. Sure alot easier to take them now than when it happens.

Gonna-You are one busy person

Thinby- Keep your flippers handy I may need to borrow them. Are you getting alot of the rain? Az. doesn't drain well so I am hoping for a steady rain not a long down pour.

Kiko- Hope you your cooking done. I was thinking of trying to get 2 or 3 meals premade for next week to since we are all back to the rat race.

Schmoolde-Didn't get to see the show. Saw the previews. The kids are on xbox until school starts so I don't get much tv time right now. I am glad your ticker is on again. This is another thing I want to figure out on the computer.should just let the kids tell me.

Schatzi-Love getting new things for the house. My kitchen table is the drop off for ALL the kids things. Hope yours works like it is suppose to.

As for my last weekend before back to normal life I need to do all the things I have put off for the last two weeks!! Must love to work under pressure because I have this terrible leave it for the last minute disease. So I am off to get started. First is the cup of cocoa. Have a great day in everything you do and keep it safe.
Closed Thread