Old 01-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/151/130

Height: 5"2

Default Restarting.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have started this plan and gave up to many times. I know this is the healthiest way to lose weight which is why I always come back. My new reason to lose weight is because we just bought a house with a pool. My backyard has no privacy so when Im in the pool with my toddler everyone that happens to look into my yard will see me in my suit. Also I am now in my 30's and have procrastinated enough. I was really hoping to be back in a center but thats not happening. So wish me luck. I'll be on here as much as I can.

Last edited by cntdwnto30; 01-01-2008 at 01:10 PM.
cntdwnto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

GL, theres lots of help here if you need it.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

I've already begun my journey of restarting- it's difficult but can be done. Tons of support and info here...so a lot more of us are in the same boat- especially after the rash of closings. I am So glad to have found this board.

Good luck to you.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #4  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Welcome! You will learn alot here!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #5  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Kayla-
I am in the same boat as you! I tried this once for just a couple weeks a few months ago, but gave up quickly. It's time for us to start over again and mean it! I like the motivation of your swimming pool. My motivation is to fit back into my jeans again... I am down to one pair that actually fits! Good luck to us both!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #6  
CarolMc03

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Kayla, good luck!!!!! I am doing the same thing as you are and am actually looking forward to it because I felt sooooo much better when I was on the plan, it makes me wonder why I went off! Now that my center is closed I am depending on my husband and this board to help get me to my goal, sooooo any time you need some encouragement I would be glad help! GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Carol
CarolMc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/151/130

Height: 5"2

Thanks everyone
cntdwnto30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome back Kayla. Many of us are in the same boat right now. Lets all work together and make it happen!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #9  

Happy happy joy joy!

I am sooo glad to find all of you!

I reached my goal weight with LA and it was the least worst plan (all diets are awful to me) I have tried. Over the summer I had too many cheeseburgers and drinkies so I am back to the plan. I loved the LA at home community so this thread is wonderful to find.
mumfydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #10  

Mumfydog!
I was so happy to see you on here! I was gonnabeskinny on pureathome. I fell way off the wagon around Thanksgiving. I just tried signing onto pureathome to restart and found out they are closing. I cannot get in touch with anyone at cust.serv. or my ctr. But I was most upset about losing all that wonderful support from the threads! This site is such an exciting find! I am so ready to get back on plan! I hope everyone else comes here too!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #11  

Gonnabe!
Of coarse I remember you!
Can you believe there was no warning? I was going to restart now and signed on and poof - all gone. Oh well.
How are you?
We can definately do this together. I even started a journal last night which I've never done. I also need the big support I found on the home website.I think we can find it here.

Keep trying that customer service number. It took me a lot of tries to get through yesterday but eventually I did and they told me the hours my closest centers were open so I could try to get stuff. Good luck everyone!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #12  

Hi Mumfydog!
How are you doing? It feels so good to be back on plan! The only things I'm having a hard time with are getting in the water and not having lites. I have called every center in the state and no one has any lites left. I was able to get 2 boxes of cereal bars and 2 packs of vanilla slim downs. I also got the cards for stabilization. No one has maintenance books left. I have not gotten through the cust. serv. line and I never got an answer from the cust. serv. e-mail address. However, I had an old e-mail from the dietician's and I used that and I got a response. The nutrition department is going to mail me the stabilization and maintenance materials. I feel really bad for them. I got a couple e-mails from them yesterday and they are really nice. I think they are trying to help as many clients as they can.
I hope things are going well for you? Are you in touch with anyone from the old boards? I hope everyone else is doing well. I really miss everyone!

Gonnabe
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #13  

Gonnabe

How fabulous you could get hold of the nutritionist. I would try to keep in touch with them every now and then. Maybe there is a chance we can all get back together. I had to go to two different centers to get bars and heard they could be bought on ebay. I actually bid on some and won and then found someone with enough to sell to hopefully get me to goal (again!).

I woke up yesterday morning and was actually able to bend my fingers again! Felt sooo much less swollen. I drank tons of water and hot lemon water to deflate myself. I have found it's easier to chug water more easily out of a bottle than a glass. I just refill the bottle I bought at the grocery store (I like the SmartWater bottle because it's 32 ounces but can still fit in the car cup holder!) I did get the late afternoon munchies badly but really tried to keep away from the food by getting out of the kitchen to the living room and doing kids' homework and doting on the dogs (very soothing!)

Today was much better. Was really busy and that kept me from dwelling on food too much!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #14  

Hi Mumfydog,
How was your weekend? Mine was okay. Well, we had a great weekend, but I was off plan a little bit. We took the girls (2 and 5) ice skating for the first time yesterday. WHat a great workout! My arms are killing me from holding the little one up! But when they were all sitting around me having lunch, I just had to have one of those hotdogs! And then I snuck a few oreos at my mom's last night. (didn't feel so good last night, my stomach just doesn't like the junk food like it used too!) But, back on track today! REally I need ot get back to my pre-holiday workout schedule. I just can't seem to get out of bed in the morning.
Hope you are doing well!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5'3"

I too am restarting, the first time I quit because of lack of motivation. LAWL was pushed on me by mom mom..nice..BUT I am back because I have 6mo's to lose weight for my wedding in July which gives me my OWN reason for losing weight!
July19wed is offline   Reply With Quote