Old 12-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #1  
Gotta make it happen...

S/C/G: 289/273/246

Height: 5'8

Exclamation Starting WW in 2008

Is anyone starting or restarting WW in 2008? Wanna track together?

I'll be starting WW this Thursday for the first time. I'm nervous about it, because consistency has been a problem for me in other diet attempts. I really don't want to get started and find myself on the down-swing by February. The whole concept of going to a meeting isn't really my thing, but I'm willing to try whatever I need to be successful this time. WW has been recommended to me by virtually everyone I have come in contact with for the last 2 months, including my doctor, so I'm going to take that as a really big HINT and go for it.

Anybody game?

Let's track together... I could certainly use the encouragement and accountability and provide the same for you.

See you in a thinner New Year!
Luvz2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/198/180

Height: 5'6"

I used to go to WW meetings but now I just follow the plan loosely. I track points on most days and in the summer when I'm exercising the most I do Core so I can eat more volume. I know I need to follow the plan to the letter as I have lost only a few pounds in the last 6 months. BUT I have never felt better (way better than years ago when I was thin) and rarely crave junky food and I have tons of energy. I know the exercise and the WW plan are the key. Our local WW meeting is the same night and time as my yoga class so I won't be going back to the meetings but I'm going to try to follow the plan better at home and use the WW website. So while I don't think I'm the tracking buddy you're looking for I wanted you to know that there are folks on the site familiar with WW and who believe it's a great tool for a healthy lifestyle. I think there might even be a forum here dedicated to WW people??? Good luck and hope you enjoy WW.
suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #3  
Gotta make it happen...

Thanks for responding Suzanne! Initially I was going to try WW Online from home, but I had to be real with myself and admit that was a cop-out. I know I need the interaction, especially in the beginning. Best of luck on your journey!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:12 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

There are multiple WW forums here. If you look in WW clubs and groups there's a group called Thursday chatters you might like to look into.

Meetings can be great, I'm nervous at first when I start with a new group or on a new night, but that goes away and it becomes a great group of friends who are going through the same things you are. I go on Tuesdays, I was in an @work program on Thursdays, but our leader is semi-retiring and they didn't have anyone to replace her,

Anyway, enjoy your meetings, some people will be an inspiration to you and you will be an inspiration to others, that's what makes it work.

Your comment about losing your resolve in Feb. reminded me of what kept me going last year. I read about writing your resolution on the calendar and it would be out there reminding you, my birthday is in Nov. so I wrote my goal out there and sure enough after a month or so I was feeling like quitting, but having that on the calendar and knowing when Nov. came I was going to have to face it got me kick started again.

I have my calendar in our spare room where I do my hair in the morning. I write my weight on it, if I walked the day before and sometimes, if there's something out of the ordinary I want to keep track of, I'll write it on there, like pizza or wings then I can look back over the month and see how I did overall. It worked well for me, I got a calendar at the dollar store and put a goal on it for Nov. again.

Best of luck, will keep an eye out for you. Happy New Year!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.5/226.5/135

Height: 5'2

Smile

I have done Weight Watchers before and it really works. I am going back this Wednesday. Would love to have a weight loss partner/partners. I have about 70 pounds to lose and am very excited to get started. I want to lose weight to look better of course but I really feel awful and just want to feel better. I have heard that they have made some changes to the program so I can't wait to see what they are.

Pam
pam9210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #6  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Im starting WW again tomorrow. Id love to have a buddy to go down this long road together. Ive also done WW before and its been very successful, I just get lazy...I really gotta stop doing that. I know it works, so now Im back..ready to lose for good. If you wanna buddy up, just let me know
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/119

Height: 5ft2

hi there
i started weightwatchers on wednesday. im at my heaviest ever iv got down to a healthy weight before so am determined to do it again. goodluck to everone starting
id be happy to be fellow tracking buddies
clarelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #8  
Gotta make it happen...

Helloooooooooooooooo everyone!!

Today was the big day... I went to my first WW meeting tonight. I was going to go to the meeting closest to my house but I changed my mind at the last minute and opted for the location that had the most meeting times. I'm glad I made that decision. I loved the environment when I walked in. It was alot of people there, but it was also right after work, so I knew that there would be a crowd.

The leader was quirky in a perky sorta way and she seemed really nice. I joined officially tonight and had my first weigh in. I'm actually 3lbs lighter than I thought! Man was I thrilled to find that out. OMG... imagine losing 3lbs over the holidays?!! That was really a great way to start this journey because now I'm motivated to keep losing. Hey... if I can lose 3lbs not doing a thing, what might happen with some effort, right?

My weigh-ins will be on Saturday, starting next week. I'm going to do the Flex Plan and I'll be tracking 35 points. Here's how I did today...

Points used: 26.5
Remaining: 8.5
AP's: None

Not sure how I'm going to use those other points. I'm honestly not hungry, though I could indulge in a piece of chocolate since TOM is here for a visit. We'll see....

How are all of you doing?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 263.6/258.2/150

Height: 5'7

I am going to start over again. I need to think differently this time and actually talk to people. My fiance will be gone for 3 weeks starting sunday and I think that would be a good time to start. He just doesn't understand what type of support is good for me.

I would like to have a buddy to help me along. Purplecrush i will be you buddy is you still want one.
Michiemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #10  

Hey this is great, a whole bunch of people who are starting WW. I'm on day 4. It's going okay, but I'm wondering if that's only because I've been sick and have no appetite. I guess time will tell. I hope you don't mind me joining this group.
Thanks,
Diana
SummersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/157/125

Height: 5'4"

I (re)started WW this week as well. I'm not going to meetings though (this is my third time on the program).

Let's see...I get 22pts a day and so far I'm at 7 as of 3pm my time. I had a nice low point salad for lunch with just chopped chicken breast as points. Love the free dressings I had a 2 point oatmeal this morning. What do you guys eat for breakfast?

Morning snack was carrots and afternoon snack was 1 dill pickle.
katierakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226.5/226.5/135

Height: 5'2

Ok. I went on Wednesday and started on Thursday. I had one of those Progresso soups today for lunch. It was pretty good. I got up both today and yesterday and exercised. Now this has always been my problem... the weekend. I have always been able to stay within my points until the weekend. We were invited to go out tomorrow night but I said no. I am not ready to go out to eat. I have never been able to make the better choice while at a restaurant. We typically eat out Friday, Saturday and Sunday so this will be a bit of a challange for my family.

Pam
pam9210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #13  
Gotta make it happen...

Helloooooo everyone!

Boy... what a long day! Whew... I've never been so glad to see those yellow buses pull out of that parking lot. I love my kiddies but I was ready to go home. Hope all of you have had a great day.

Pam: I am anticipating the interesting things the weekend can bring as far as my eating is concerned. I think that's going to make my Saturday meetings very beneficial. Hopefully it will help me stay focused.

Katie: Why did you decide not to go to meetings? Also... what "free dressings"? Share girl!! Tell us all about those!

Summer: Welcome to the group!! I technically started on 12/31 but my first meeting was officially yesterday. Hope you feel better soon!

Michie: Jump on in and get started! That 3 weeks might be good for you so that you can get into a bit of a routine with the plan. We're here for you.

Clare & Purple: Hope you guys are doing well so far. I'm certainly looking for buddies. I need them all over the place so that I can make a go at this WW thing. So far so good....

Alrighty... gotta run some errands. If I'm not back tonight, I'll check in with you all tomorrow. Sleep well!

Oh yeah.... today's results as of now:
Points Used: 32.5
Remaining: 2.5
Activity Points: 1 (I walked during recess... yay!!)
Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #14  
weight watching

I'm in. I restarted December 27th, doing WW online, and have a very easy first week -- for the first time in about 20 years, I'm actually having a second week That's also going well.

I switched my account to monthly and will go to a meeting tomorrow. I want the reliable WW scale and the materials. Glad to meet everyone -- I think it's great to have a starters/restarts group.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #15  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Pam, I admire your resolve and wisdom not going out when you know you're not ready. We go out on Thursdays to eat quite often, but skipped this week because we restarted our fitness program. I didn't think of it as an NSV (non-scale victory) until I read your post.

What type of restaurants do you go to? If they're franchises you can probably find nutrional information online and try to make some choices before you're even there. There's also a website called calorieking http://www.calorieking.com/ that has alot of nutrional info for restaurants.

We almost always eat at a certain McDonald's on the way to our land, I printed out the list of nutrional info from McD's and then figured out the points for a bunch of the stuff and wrote it on the list, so now I can make a better decision, or at least know what I used when I make a not so good decision.

I usually try and go with some kind of salad, even if it ends up being more points than you think at least you're getting veggies. Order with dressing on the side, no cheese, or just remove cheese or croutons, there's nothing wrong with eating the way you want to. I often take the onions off a salad if I don't like them, I just do the same now with the croutons.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote