Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Unhappy exercising after a sprain

Hi Ladies,
Just over one week ago I sprained my ankle (doing something I won't go into details) I'm not quite sure how long it takes for a sprain to heal, I've read from two to six weeks. Just wondering when it might be safe to start exercising again and what type to start with. I was just starting to get into it again with step workouts and stuff but I guess that probably isn't the place to start.

Help!
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

A long, long time ago, in my younger days I fell rollerbladding and sprained my ankle very very badly... I was also told that it would take a good 2-6 weeks to heal. I was told to take it easy exercising and only do what I could without pain, for the first 2 weeks I did nothing but ice the area for 20 minutes then heat for 20 minutes then ice again a few times/day till the swelling went down, I was also advised to rotate my ankle regularly so that there would no scar tissue forming...I was really, really bad my sprain was navy blue, I kid you not, it was bad, I didn't go see the doctor either I know that I should have now, but at the time I could still walk on the ankle so I figured I'd just go the home remedy trail unless it got worse. It never got worse, just progressively better...

I hope this helps you... keep us posted on your progress...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote