Old 01-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Default January SlimFasters - New Year, New You!

Okay - I know, the title of this thread is a little cheesy, but I didn't want to start it off with just the same old thing.

How is everyone doing? Me, I had my first ever binge since starting my weight loss journey on New Years Eve - and it wasn't even alcohol based - just eating out all 3 meals that day with different friends/family! I tried to make the best decisions, but failed miserably and probably had about 2400 calories that day. Boo hoo for a bad day!

I made up for it by eating well yesterday, New Years Day - had 10 servings of water and only a salad for lunch. No visit to the gym since it was closed for the holiday...but I did go shopping so that got me a little itty bit of exercise in. Can't wait to be able to get back tongight...especially since I got some new workout pants.

Still making up for my binge today....I'm still retaining water from it - yucky! Had SF for breakfast and have been munching on fresh fruit bowl this morning...yummy! Feeling better about myself now and drinking some warm tea as it is finally cold in FL today! Was about 45 degrees when I got up this morning...normal to get a few cold spells this time of year down here.

Well, I hope everyone was able to ring in a happy and healthy new year!!! Talk to you all soon!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello And Happy New Year! I hope that you have room for another slimfaster! I've had good luck with it before but somehow have gotten off track. So I've been reading all the posts since last month and think that maybe I can get the motivation that I need to keep going. I haven't weighed yet since I do my weigh ins on Fridays but I know I will be adjusting my ticker upwards! Hope to get lots of good ideas here and be ready for Summer!! Thanks.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

Karen - we always have room for more! Unfortunately, our thread isn't as active as I'd personally like it to be...but maybe you can help us make the difference! I have SF every morning for breakfast, and occasionally for dinner...my big meal of the day is lunch (which I just finished a turkey sandwich on double fiber bread - yum!).

What exercising are you doing to supplement your diet?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I just reached goal but plan on using Slimfast to maintain my loss. I usually have SF for breakfast, sometimes I blend it with fruit, strawberries or banana.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #5  

Amanda, Thanks for the welcome.. I've been using SF for breakfast and lunch then have a regular meal with the hubby at night. I've tried to convince him to have the big meal at lunch time but so far that hasn't worked. I have some WATP's videos and also I bought a Gazelle to use. I haven't got to much into the Gazelle just yet since I just got it about 3 days ago. I may order some of Tony Little's videos for that too. It does look like fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Bargoo, I like to blend in strawberries with my vanilla shake at lunch. It really makes it good. But I usually have the chocolate one for breakfast plain. I use the Optima powdered shakes with fat free milk. It just seems to work OK for me since I'm at home. I have taken the cans though on vacation and that works good too.

I tend to lean towards the Lean Cuisines for dinner with a salad. Except for weekends when we like to eat some steak or chicken. But still try to get the salads in there.

Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and maybe more people will join us.
Have a good day!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #6  
is baaaad to the bone!

Today is about to be a 2 slim fast day for me....normally not the case but my schedule got a little swapped around....soooo..I'm kinda lazy about packing my lunch....I was wondering what kind of whey protein or any of those fancy things that all the workout folks use ...if any...could be put into my SF for use after my workouts...I don't know what all those things do...but I am curious....guess I'll have to ask around.

Hope everyone is staying warm...it was 39 degrees in S. FL this morning around 8 am....yucky!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #7  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm planning on adding slimfast to my diet. I'm not going to follow the plan entirely becuase it seems too restricted in my opinion. There's not enough fibre in it to keep me filled so I'm just going to substitue it for dinner.

Gatoramanda: I heard whey protein gives you a load of energy and helps build muscles at the same time and just to mention it's very healthy!! Or you can try mixing in fruit that to will also give you energy for a workout.

I plan on exercising 1-3 times a week cardio or walking (30-60 min)
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Amanda - you shouldn't need whey protein in your slimfast - slimfast has a fair bit of protein in it. Some mornings I don't use slimfast but make my own shakes - then I use whey protein (the unflavoured kind with no artificial sugar) but I've never mixed it with slimfast. Last summer my breakfasts mostly consisted of whey protein, milk, yoghurt, fruit and flax meal shakes - yummier than slimfast, no added sugar and lots of protein, fibre and omega-3. My choice of protein powder is pretty much dictated by my distate for artificial sweetener, most of the flavoured kind has sugar alcohols or splenda. I use one called Absolute Isolate Protein, but there are lots out there.

I'm down compared with before Christmas, so things are going well. I did eat several less-than-ideal foods over the holidays, and didn't do enough exercise, but the weather is warm here (supposed to be a high of 41F today - having lived in the north where above freezing temps are unheard of at this time of year, that is very warm to me) albeit windy so I can get outside. Most of the snow is gone or turned to ice now.

This weekend will be a challenge - one son has a hockey tournament so there will be lots of eating out. I'll have to buy some slimfast RTD on the way there - usually I have some around but not right now. The hotel we're staying in has waterslides so hopefully I can get some swimming in while the boys play - if there's room to do any laps. Perhaps I can use the treadmill also.

Karen - good to have you here with us. May you have great success with the slimfast. Do you not have the chance to cook? I've never eaten Lean Cuisine but the only thing I don't like about slimfast is that I don't get to prepare as much food as I enjoy doing. That's why most days now I only have one at breakfast.

Well that's all for now - gotta get on with the day. I won't be changing my ticker until next week when I go back to TOPS but I am down from what it says. Yay!!
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #9  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I am thinking about adding slimfast to my diet-- which tastes better the power or premade shakes?
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone--- Well, I got back on the dreaded scales today --- I hadn't weighed in in over a month-- and I ended up putting 9 pounds back on over the holidays! I did change my ticker to make it right. But that is OK 'cause I'm getting back on track now and will lose those 9 pounds plus 31 more !!

Jax, I guess it did sound like I just used the Lean Cuisines but I do cook too! It is just that when things get busy or I'm really tired they are so easy to pop in the microwave and add a salad and you have a pretty good meal. Some days it just makes sense to do this.

Hey Bev, I like the powder shakes myself.. I use them at home since I usually like to add a banana or some strawberries to a shake at lunch time. Just zap it in the blender and it is so good! The cans are real handy though if you are on the go a lot.

Well, just wanted to pop in and say Hi!! I hope everyone has a really good evening.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #11  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Bev - I only use a few slimfast flavours since I avoid those with artificial sweetener, but if you're going to drink them plain I like the RTD French Vanilla best. Second would be RTD Cappuccino. I generally use the powdered stuff more though because I mix fruit into it and blend it - that's really yummy. I also add cocoa to it since the chocolate ones have artificial sweetener.

So not a simple answer to your question. If you're looking to just add milk and drink to the powders, then the RTD wins every time. For me, at least.

Back from the hockey tournament and probably too much non-plan food. Still the boys are at school tomorrow so time to get back onto plan in a routine sort of way.

Snuggles to all,
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #12  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hello All - well my mini plateau (happens every month for about 10 days) is finally gone - down 3lbs this week and it is only tuesday!!! Working out real hard and eating really healthy. Made low cal/low fat/low sodium chicken noodle soup yesterday and it was really good - didn't seem to need anymore salt than it had..which is nice...since we all know soups are chock full of sodium....I have found a lot of soup recipes on cookinglight.com that are much lower in sodium than regular canned soups....very exciting!

Well, hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #13  
Ex-Dieter!

S/C/G: 280/174/140

Default Hello All!

Hi Everyone!

I've been using Slimfast to replace one meal a day for quite a while now, and it seems to be working!

I have stopped weighing altogether at the moment, mainly because it leads to a depressed binge or a celebration binge!! LOL! And I have had enough of both of those!

I'm trying not to count or check up on anything, only trying to keep it healthy, and maximise fruit and veg intake.

I DO NOT WANT TO DIET EVER AGAIN! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

So, I am just going to do what I'm doing and see how it goes, I guess I'm just kind of worn out dieting!! I have thrown out lots of diet books and will eat whatever healthy foods I want - dont I sound like a spoilt child!!!!

My last weigh in was on the 28 December and I was 13 st (182 lb) and will not be weighing again until 1st Feb!!

I really like the Slimfast Smoothies and usually have at least one a day (usually breakfast) they are so easy to grab and go!

Well, I hope my ramblings have not bored anyone, and I wish you all the best of luck with your eating!!
jacquiescotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone! Just a quick fly by here -- I just got home from having a bone density test (never had one before) and the good news it is all in the normal range! YAY!!! The bad news ---- I always thought that I was 5' tall but now I'm 4'11" short!!

When we left here about 11:30 this morning it was nice ouside, blue skies and sunshine. Coming back up the mountain 2 hours later we were traveling in a blizzard!! Always glad to get back home when it is snowing so much!

Anyway, need to get some supper started and just kick back for a little while. Take care.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #15  

Hi everyone! I weighed in again today and lost 1 pound this week. It isn't much but it is a start and I'll take it! Trying to get more of a plan going and also get a good routine going on the Gazelle. I refuse to gain anymore and want to lose at least 40 pounds by June 1! That I think is a reasonable goal! What do you think?

Welcome jacquie!! How are you doing? Be sure to come back and post often. Would love to hear what everyone else is doing.

Gotta go for now.... Take care and have a good evening!