Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #58: Get a Jump on January

to the January Weighty Issues Thread. We got through the Holiday madness didn't we? So maybe we put on a few pounds or lost focus on our weight loss journey over the past few months. Let's help each other through these first days and weeks of the NEW YEAR to get back on track and get healthy again. Let's help each other out and get back to "sexy" .

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Happy New Year ladies! How's your 2008 so far? I came back from Las Vegas on New Year's day, then went to my 1st weigh in the next day--I came back 2 lbs heavier. But it could've been so much worse! I remember gaining 5 lbs on previous trips, and not even bothering to try and lose them. But this time, I am back to my counting points and journaling all those bites, licks and tastes.... I so want to lose this weight this year. I'm tired of carrying it around and feeling miserable. How about you?

How did you all fare? Are you all on board with me? I hope so. I look forward to making this an AWESOME 2008. :
Old 01-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Noelle. I am going to go grocery shopping this weekend and then I plan to start my whole family back on track Monday. We dont have anything in our house that is healthy at the moment since getting back from vacation.

I didnt tell you but while traveling through SC we saw 4 poor dogs running along the interstate, One was a SKINNY little beagle and I wanted to cry for the next 3 hours just thinking about him. I didnt know what to do since we were towing a 38 foot fifth wheel and had no way to stop quick and we had Rebel with us. I didnt know where the shelters were or even how to go about helping them. I still could cry thinking about it. We dont see that sort of thing up here very often. I have never seen a dog abandoned on the interstate here. It is so sad.

Did you get my pics? I loved the sunsets there. Your trip to Vegas sounded so fun.

Well, I should go do something. Hi everyone else.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everybody!! And Happy New Year to all! I plan to get on the those dreaded scales tomorrow and know that I will be moving my ticker upwards!! But that is OK -- things have been really hectic for the last few months and now I'm ready to get serious again and lose these extra pounds this year! And I really don't want to find them ever again!

Noelle, sounds like you had a great time in Vegas! And only up 2 pounds--- you can't beat that! And I know those will come off and then some in no time at all.

Angie--- you sound like me--- I hate it when I see dogs running like that. Gosh, I have been know to even stop and pick up terapins that are trying to cross the highway!! We had a terapin years ago that we stopped in Kansas and picked up. Brought it home and put it in the backyard and gosh it lived about 9 years out there. It would bury itself in the Winter and then be there again in Spring. Was pretty interesting.

Well, guess I'd better get moving around here. Been kind of a lazy day and I have to much to do to be lazy!!

Have a good day!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #5  

Hi everyone & Happy New Year.
I know it's been a very long time since I've been on. I started working in the mornings, and not spending so much time on my computer. I know, excuses, excuses. As for my weight, in November, I was at an all time high. I can't stand the way I feel, I can't move, and I've even been having back probelsms. I'm down about 8 pounds since then, however, it was time before my trip to the coast.

I don't know if I told you, but I have a new grandbaby. He's so cute. I'm not being partial, he really is a pretty baby. His name is Aiden, which is the #1 name for 2007. Needless to say, he won't be the only Aiden in his class.

Noelle, I love your picture. You look great, and I'm so happy for you that you're consistent in counting those points. I' haven't been to WW since I started working. I need to get back. I'm with you, I'm tired of carrying it around. My biggest problem is exercise. I just need to get off my lazy butt and get with it.

Angie, I went grocery shopping today. You can tell everyone must be on a diet, because all the romain lettuce was sold out. I had to settle for spinich. I just need to get more of the junk from the holidays out of the house. I'm glad you had a great vacation. There's a lot of people that throw away their animals around here. Just last week, there was a dog that showed up at my parents' house. My dad was starting to like him, but he smelled really bad. They went to remove his starp around his neck (that actually looked like the strap ripped) and it was so tight, that it was imbedded in his neck, and that's where the smell came from. He had to call the pound. It know it really bothered him. On a happier note, my husband runs the animal shelter in the city he works for, and the girl he works with works so hard at finding animals a home. They haven't had to send any of the animals to the pound since my hubby's worked there the last year and a half.

Karen, are you still trying to sell your house. How's that going. The market is finally starting to pick up a little, but the prices have dropped. I hope everything goes well for you.

Well, I pray that 2008 is are year to be the biggest losers and get healthy and fit.

cw
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #6  

Well, this is going to have to be a quick fly by this morning. But I did get on those dreaded scales this morning and I ended up gaining back 9 pounds since the last time I charted any weight loss! DARN IT! But that's OK this is a new year and I plan to work hard and get those 9 off and 31 more!! The holidays are over!! I changed my ticker but I really didn't want to!

I'll be back later this afternoon to post more. I'm getting ready to go to town for groceries this morning.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Hello ladies I took the kids (Michael and his cousin) to the zoo today, it's their last free weekday before they have to go back to school on Monday. The weather was great, nice and cool and a bit overcast so we didn't get sunburnt at all. Then they were begging me (ok, not that hard) to take them to a place called Teddy's Bigger Burger which has delicious burgers and fries.... so I had one too. So that's my transgression for the day. I counted up my burger and fries as 17 points? So I have 4 points for dinner. Thank God for 0 pt. Progresso soup! I did get a walk in this morning plus the walking around the zoo so this day is not a total bust.

Karen, bravo for you for stepping on the scales again. You will get those 9 off plus the 31 this year I keep forgetting to ask you, how do you get the weather ticker on your signature line? That is neat. I know I read about it somewhere on another thread, but it escapes me now. As I'm looking at your siggie now, it says CO is 33 degrees.... BRRRRR!!!!! That's cold for me!

cw, welcome back!! It's so nice to see you around. Congratulations on your new grandbaby too. He must be a sweetheart. I love the name Aiden. That's OK if it is one of the most popular names--at least your son/daughter had the sense to spell it correctly. One of my biggest peeves is when parents take a perfectly normal name and twist it's spelling all around to get fancy. You know what I mean? Hey, don't feel down about your weight gain, the important thing is you are down those 8 lbs and we will cheer you own the rest of the way. You always have kind words for us, let us do the same for you.

Angie, yes I did get the pics on my work email. You took some fabulous shots and my goodness, your kids are so big now! I know they are teenagers for gosh sakes, but I remember when they were still... well, kids I hope you and Jay can get out there again for a relaxing vacation alone. I love taking Michael along on our vacations, but sometimes Rick and I just need to sneak away by ourselves.

I know I've already told some of you but we are planning on traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We will be going to the Garden District for more family friendly viewing of the festivities, so I hope I don't have to worry about us exposing Michael to some X-rated sites . We are meeting Rick's cousin and her husband and daughter. I am looking forward to this trip, it's been 9 years since I last visited New Orleans. I'm hoping Kempy comes around to give me some tips on what sites to see. Kempy?

Cal, if you're around, I hope you enjoyed your New Year's Eve birthday. Is school starting up again on Monday for you?

I've got to get a move on if I'm going to get dinner started. Have a great evening everyone.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #8  

Good Morning! My goodness it is windy here today!! It's not to cold though or it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the wind blowing!

CW- Yes we are still trying to sell the house. We listed it with Keller Williams the last of November. There is a couple that is very interested in it but they have to sell their house first. I know they were supposed to be having some kind of meeting this past week about something (the other people and their realtor) so hopefully something good will come of it. I've started packing up stuff that we don't really need right now. I figure whatever I can get packed now is less that I have to keep clean and less to pack when we get a contract!
Noelle, sounds like you are already for Mardi Gras! I think that would be a lot of fun to go to. But like I said before there are still a lot of places right here in Colorado that we've never been too!! We really need to just go for drives on the weekends and just LOOK!!
Well, guess I'd better get busy. I just had a phone call and some people are coming to look at the 5th wheel this afternoon. They are coming from about 3 hours away so maybe that is a good sign!
Take care and I'll chat later.

Last edited by Karen31; 01-05-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #9  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. I got food poisoning again!!! YUCK!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year everyone!!! Finally, all the vacations are over, the holidays are over.. and I am back. The girls went to Texas for a week and came home on Saturday... so for that week, I was barely at home!

Today... I am starting back on South Beach. I've got to do something. I did order my wedding dress today... I was going to order it in a size 10, but decided to play it safe and order in a 12. If I do such a fantastic job of losing, I can always have it taken in.

Yesterday I ordered the material for my daughter's dresses... I will be able to start on those in a few weeks.. and my Matron of Honor's dress was ordered last Thursday... so, it's been a great week for dresses!

Angie.. I hope you start feeling better! Food Poisioning sucks!!! (((HUGS)))

Noelle.. LOVE the picture! Enjoy NOLA.. that is one of my favorite places ever. I haven't been back since the hurricane... but it holds a very special place in my heart.

Karen.. good luck with selling the house... hopefully your buyers can get their place sold soon! Did you get hit with the snowstorm that most of Colorado got hit with on Sunday? (or was it Saturday?)

Hi CW!!! I am an old poster myself... and have just come back into the fold recently!

Well.. I need to get busy here with work.. we had some more HR personnel changes that are in the works that I was told about this morning, so I have lots to get taken care of!

I'll be back later!!! Let you know how my first day of SB is going!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Happy Monday ladies. I'm back at work and hating it already I am writing a letter to Michael's school to excuse him for a week next month for our trip. I hate to be taking him out while school is in session but this is kind of a special trip as we'll be meeting Rick's cousin and all... anyway, that and I'm planning a sort of last minute 9 year b-day party for Michael at a bowling alley. He'll be 9 in 10 days!!!! OMG!!!

Hey, I am trying to start fresh again this Monday, this weekend was pretty hard and I ate a lot of cookies that were around from Christmas. They are all gone now (thanks to me ) and went grocery shopping this morning so I am all stocked up with good healthy things for me to eat instead of big ole fat cookies. I need to give myself a big kick in the pants--and remember that I am still weighing in on Wednesday. Oh boy, that should be interesting.
Angie, get better soon. At least you'll lose some weight fast right? Just kidding, you know I love ya

Cherie, how exciting about the dresses. Are your girls back in school yet? Have a good day at work.

Karen, thanks for the link for the weather ticker, I really like it--and it's really neat to see what the temps are where other posters are. How's your day going today?

I have to get going if I'm ever going to get into the groove of work today. Hello to all and hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I would like the link to the weather ticker too!!! LOL I think that is neat too.

I am feeling better today but still quite nauseous (sp). Yesterday was **** though.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, I sent you an email with the weather ticker info.

Glad you're feeling better. Here's some virtual Pepto Bismol
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #14  

Hello Ladies,

Just a quick note to say that I am back to school today. It rained all day, but I really enjoyed it. It's nice to be back, but I've realized that there is a lot to do this quarter and next. I think it will go by fairly quickly. 8th grade is a busy time for students and teachers.
I'll try to post more a little later. Right now I have to finish some lesson plans for tomorrow.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone! Day 2 of SBD. So far... doing OK. I tried to make eggplant last night... interesting vegetable.... it didn't turn out bad.. but it didn't turn out good either... so I will look for a different recipe next time.

I was late to work today because I tried to cut up a salad for lunch today... guess I will have to start doing that at night.

Angie... hope you are feeling better today!

Hi Cal!!! My girls went back to school yesterday too.. and they are already busy with homework and such again.

Noelle... I took the girls out of school last year for a week in March... and their school didn't have anything to say about it. Hannah caught up on her homework, and everything was fine... I am sure Michael's school will be OK with it too!

I'll check in later... I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote