Old 01-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Default Alright you've convinced me....I wanna join too!!!!!!!!!!!! (xposted from exercise)

The Leslie Sansone club, that is!!!! I went nuts guys...I went on ebay and got 3 of her walking videos I saw one of her segments on her site, and she is TOO cute isn't she? Really seems like a lot of fun, so I'm diving in!!! Hope they'll get here soon

I got the Morning and Evening Mile walks, and the Walk at home... tell me, do you have a fave you just love? I suspect I will be addicted lol, so I need some ideas for another of her videos!!!

I figured we all don't visit the same boards, so this has been xposted from the exercise board - hope that's okay!!

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Leslie is ADORABLE, and I've become addicted to her banter, LOL! I honestly miss her on days that I don't do one of her DVD's, lol!

My current favorite is the new 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...it's fantastic, and I totally feel like I got a grrrreat workout after I am done.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I like so many of them, I have 10 of them so far and ordered walk slim off qvc yesterday. Ladies look at yard sales, look at video stores where they sell used videos, ebay is another great place. Most of mine cost less than 3 or 4 dollars lol. I think the most I have spent on one dvd was 13 dollars and that included the walk away the waist cord. Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs, I guess is my favorite at the moment. I do a different one everyday so I really don't have a true favorite.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #4  
Smartypants

Wow those all sound so great! Definitely keep those in mind for when I am a tad more in shape lol, don't think I can do 3 miles right now LOL but yeah later on for sure (positive thinking over here)
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #5  
Rennie

tx
You will get to three miles sooner than you think. It takes time to let the body get use to doing what you are doing.

I remember when I started I had to hit pause to breath several times thru a 1 mile. I was sick but still. Now two miles are great. My lungs just won't allow me to do much more than that. 2.5 miles and the lungs give out. I may never be able to do more but I am doing something great for myself even at only 1 and 2 miles.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #6  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

When my kiddos are sick and I cannot go to the gym (like today) I do her 3 mile walk for my cardio. It's the only one I have actually, and I use it so infrequently, that I don't get tired of it. It's the only cardio dvd workout I have that I enjoy actually. I'm not a "dancy" sort of gal (I wish! There's a ton of unused TurboJam dvd's in my closet!) so it's right up my alley.

Last edited by Nori71; 01-03-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  
Rennie

Momto

I bought a few here and there over the years and they were either to fast paced for a beginner and they said they were for beginners, they had to many different steps and I spent more time trying to figure out what they were doing than I did exercising, or I wondered how they got their body's to move that way without an ambulance in the wings waiting for an accident lol. Leslie is easy. You have 4 basic steps, yes in some of the videos there are other steps. She is perky, fun and makes it all so easy. I never get bored.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

On days I can't get out to the gym, I'll do a Leslie 1 Mile Jog, 3 times (for a total of 3 mile jog)...such a good workout!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #9  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Holli, try checking with your local library. That's how I found Leslie. Maybe you can check one out until yours get to you.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #10  
Rennie

manda
I bet that is great fun. Jogging is to hard on my knees. Wonder if I could do it for short periods of time and it not bother them. I know a mile jogging video makes them hurt pretty bad.

cb
That is a great idea, some video stores carry them to and they don't charge for the rental.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
cb
That is a great idea, some video stores carry them to and they don't charge for the rental.
I didn't know that! Do you know which ones? I may have to venture out to some! Thanks for that!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Shy, Leslie's "Walk Slim - 4 Fast Miles" has boosted walking (jogging) in it. She uses intervals - 3 minutes of walking, and 2 minutes of jogging. This is repeated 5 times in the video. Even if you don't do all 4 miles, it is a good way to see if jogging is right for you. This DVD includes the bonus "1 Mile Jog" that Amanda mentioned. I'm not ready to try that one yet though!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote