Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #1  

Default Nutrisystem Buddies 2008

Hey everyone, I'm 21 years old....living in Florida...college student.
I've always had problems with my weight and a few years agow hen I was about 16 I low carbed for a while and dropped a lot of weight...then I turned to some dangerous methods for losing weight laxative addiction and starving...until one day I just decided I was fed up with being sick all the time and being mentally obsessed with dieting....the scale ruled my life and it still does...it's bad...a bad weigh in will send me into an insane binging cycle (trust me....)so I am setting my first weigh in for a month after I start the program. by that time I think the way my clothes feel will provide enough motivation for me to get thru an unpleasant number on the scale

Anyway I'm a second semester junior this year and I decided I DO NOT want to be overweight for my senior year so my goal is to lose at least 40 pounds by my birthday in June and 80 pounds by this time ...New Years Day 2009

For Christmas I asked my parents for Nutrisystem and they have happily given me the $$ to do two months of it as a trial..and if it works then they will support me in my quest lol..I would really love to meet some people who are jus tstarting as well as I know I need the help. Where I live, people are very body concious and it made it very simple to not eat a lot but in college it seems all rules go out the window and social eating is my downfall and I really need the support as all my friends are overweight and my two roommates are guys who can eat ANYTHING therefore stock the house with anything.....

Little profile..I'm pretty fit....all my physical health exams are great....I'm a 6'2 girl, works out 4 times a week, lacto ovo pesco vegetarian for 1 year now...I'm obsessed with salads and grapefruits....

That's kind of the problem too....as the only effective weight loss I've ever experienced is through low carb (chicken breast morning noon and night)...I have no idea how to be a vegetarian while dieting
I will be starting the program hopefully next week ...I'm hoping Nutrisystem will help 'teach' me in a way.....get me back on track...my family is ridden with weight related diseases and I figure I want to lose the weight while I'm still healthy enough for it to make a difference

Hope to hear from u guys soon!

P.S...I guess I like to talk haha
Old 01-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Tallstuff, and welcome!
Nutrisystem will really help give you the keys to portion control. Learning how to properly portion a meal with the right nutrients. Carbs are *not* bad! Just make sure you learn what the right carbs are and the right portion sizes.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year all!!

Well I was bad last night and after a really good day had some fudge. So today during my walk I am going to sacrifice the rest of the fudge off the top of the mountain--I thought I could have it around to maybe treat myself occasionally but I ate some and I didnt make my New years goal of 188--I weighed in at 190 this am. So live and learn.

Today loving myself means being accountable and reporting honestly where my weight is!

I feel good tho--I am still in onederland and as I said before this is the first time in over a decade. So I cant really complain. I am mostly just going to relax today--I have a few writing and household projects to do and my exercise of course.

We will hit our goals in 2008 all! I know it!

Tallstuff: I am so happy for you that you have discovered nutrisystem--it has been a miracle for me!! We have a few newbies here but most of us on this thread have been nutrisystem-ing for a while. I have some suggestions for you.

1.Get involved with several threads--I find the more I check in and make myself accountable to different threads the more focused I am on my goals and staying on plan!

2. Go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of our posts--that was when I was beginning and a few others and there is some stuff that will clue you in to what some of us were going thru!

3. Join the nutrisystem forum too--there are some great threads there--I am on the Christmas Club 2008 which is a fantastic thread. There will also be some newbie threads for people starting the same time as you so you can have some diet buddies who are doing the same as you!

4. Keep posting!! We want to know how you are doing!

Sno

Lori--happy new year and I agree with you--2008 is going to be the winner!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #4  

Default Happy New Year to all!

I am so happy for all of you for sticking to your goals and doing so well in 2007. I have lost 15 pounds as well. During the holidays I gained 5 pounds back but have taken off 3 of those pounds this week. I am determined not to let any of the 5 pounds "stick". I will be eating my blackeyed peas today (it's a southern thing) but will be very careful about portion control.

I am glad to have found this group. I post on the Nutrisystem site often but have not been here for a long time.

Last edited by juitsy; 01-01-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #5  

I have been reading thru this thread....your results are inspiring! I placed my first order and I believe my shipment will be delivered tomorrow. I am excited to start the program. Any words of advice would be appreciated. I look forward to posting here.

Sue
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #6  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome guys!!1I am excited...and reading you guys' results really inspires me to do well....you know...just knowing that something will work...if u work it
Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #7  

Default Day one of 2008

Hi all!

Had a great day today--100% on plan, 100 oz of water, hour and twenty minutes of walking and gardening, and another hour of stretching and calisthenics.

Making the commitment to be on plan 100% kept me honest today. somehow that works well for me.

Juitsy: what are your goals and plans--tell us a little more about yourself.

catresq: good to hear from you. I think a good way to start is to set your goals for what you want to do and how you plan to do it. And then commit to the eating plan 100%. It really works and if you eliminate any potential distractions it really helps.

Hints for dealing with hunger!

1. Drink water! I found out that sometimes when I think I feel hungry I am in fact thirsty. Also if you drink a bunch of water it will fill your stomach and by the time it gets absorbed it probably will be time to eat something else. plus if you drink 96 ounces a day it raises your metabolism.

2. Eat yogurt for your dairy or proteins—for some reason it really fills me up and I don’t get as hungry as soon.

3. Be happy! Hunger pangs mean that you are losing weight! I always lose more when I have been going thru a hungry phase. So when I feel hungry I don’t react to it like I did before nutrisystem, I just tell myself—Great! I am losing weight!

4. Double check and make sure you are eating all your food! The plan does not work as well if you don’t eat all the food

Tallstuff: keep us posted!

sno

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 01-02-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/174/165

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hi All!
I am thinking about starting NS...I was reading over some of your past posts and I must say that I am inspired!

I was on LA Weight Loss and I lost 30 pounds and then school started back and I have been on a steady incline since. I am up about 10 pounds since August. My husband and I are going to start together. I am excited to no have to cook meals and "think" about what I am going to make for the week.

I saw that some of you had mentioned coupons...does anyone have any more they could spare?

Also, those of you who have children or people in your family not on the plan, what do you typically prepare for their meals?

Thanks and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #9  
The Cupcake Diva

S/C/G: 180/178/125

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

i really have thought about doing the NS and i have searched the internet on pros and cons and the only thing that made me not want it is because i came across a web site that told me the food was mushy. Is this true. i need to lose 55lbs and i have seen so many people on here that say they have lost a lot from this diet. and the great thing about it is since i am a vegetarian i can get all veggie dinners.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #10  

Default day2 of week one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonsmommy View Post
Hi All!
I am thinking about starting NS...I was reading over some of your past posts and I must say that I am inspired!

I was on LA Weight Loss and I lost 30 pounds and then school started back and I have been on a steady incline since. I am up about 10 pounds since August. My husband and I are going to start together. I am excited to no have to cook meals and "think" about what I am going to make for the week.

I saw that some of you had mentioned coupons...does anyone have any more they could spare?

Also, those of you who have children or people in your family not on the plan, what do you typically prepare for their meals?

Thanks and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

when I started my hubby joined me too and it made a huge difference. Really helped my motivation to have an in-house diet buddy. And not having to cook is a huge plus--I love to cook but only when I have lotsa time--it is fantastic just to pop something into the microwave. I do always keep lettuce mixed with purple cabbage in my salad spinner in my fridge. I wash and cut up 3 heads at a time and it lasts for a few days.

My friend who was on nutrisystem said her toddler loved the foods so they just ate nutrisystem together. Personally I think other adults should fend for themselves while you are on plan. As for kids it could be a good time to enlist them into helping prepare their own meals. On the forum there are tons of people who make meals every day for others and just fix them normal food.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

sno

PS send me your e-mail address by PM and I will send a coupon!

Last edited by Snowbrocade; 01-02-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #11  

Default food quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCupcakeDiva View Post
i really have thought about doing the NS and i have searched the internet on pros and cons and the only thing that made me not want it is because i came across a web site that told me the food was mushy. Is this true. i need to lose 55lbs and i have seen so many people on here that say they have lost a lot from this diet. and the great thing about it is since i am a vegetarian i can get all veggie dinners.
Well--some of the food can be mushy but mostly not. There are certain things to avoid that you would avoid anyway being a veggie--like the tuna salad and tuna casserole.

The thing is that the food for me is adequate and sometimes very good. Relinquishing control of what I eat has made a huge difference and helped with my weight loss. I dont think about food so much anymore.

The best thing to do is just try it--after all there is a money back guarantee and they are really good about that. I primed myself to think that I would be getting airline type food and found that most of the food was better than that.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sno
Old 01-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #12  

Hi all:

well my virtuous day yesterday paid off--I am down two lbs. I think the christmas pounds will come off fairly quickly! I love it when I am motivated.

Yesterday I used my Amazon gift certificate and got myself some new exercise videos. I also ordered some from the library. I think it is just in time--there is a big rain coming to my neighborhood! Here are some of the titles--dont they sound awesome?
Shiva Rea - Creative Core Abs,
Janis Saffell Brand New Butt and More
Get Ripped! with Jari Love: Get Ripped to the Core

And my recumbent bike arrives on Saturday hopefully. I better be fit!

Actually I think I do not need to lose all that much more weight--but I really need to firm up. Despite exercising about 2 hours a day, I am pretty much jello everywhere. I think just losing weight is the cause. So I am going to focus more on fitness. Also I think it is easier to maintain if you are working out a lot.

Oh and another splurge. I also was looking at some cellulite solutions--yes I know creams supposedly arent effective. But I found this blog and was impressed by the pictures--particularly since this person is not selling something.

http://www.diva-skincare.com/?source...FRk0awodznb1Ww

Per their recommendation I logged onto www.Hydroderm.com and ordered their free two month trial of their cellulite cream--for 5.99 shipping and handling I can see if it works before I try it.

Anyway I got super motivated and had some fun yesterday so I had a fairly easy diet day. On to day number 2!

Sno

Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #13  

Thanks for the welcome! I am definitely going to listen to your tips. My box arrived today. I am ready to start tomorrow - wish me luck.

Sno - You are truly inspiring and those videos sound great. I am a Turbo Jam addict, but have been sidelined for a few months due to a shoulder injury. I want to start exercising again tomorrow.

I have sorted my food...and pulled out all meals for the next 7 days. I am going to read my packet now and pack my food for work tomorrow. UGH, going back after being off since before Christmas....

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #14  

Hi,
Today was a good day for me. I managed to stay on my food plan, walk 7,000 steps and drank all my water. I was hungry today so I believe I will show a loss tomorrow at my weigh in. Wish me luck!

I have 40 pounds to lose. I would love to say that I have 38 pounds to lose! Sounds so much better. LOL

Last edited by juitsy; 01-02-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #15  

Talking veggie tales

Hey Cupcake Diva I'm a vegetarian too! and I'm starting my program next week...wanna be nutrisystem buddies? LOL
Closed Thread