Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #145

This is a group of Christians who offer a lot of support and Prayer.
Everyone is welcome!
Old 04-29-2002, 08:22 AM   #2  

Good morning,
I have been busy coping lots of pictures to work on this scrapbook. The good thing is I am so busy I don't have time to snack! I am on a weight loss challange with my boss at work both of us want to lose 50 lbs by Aug 30 that was 2 lbs a week so far I have been on track. But this last two week I have been extra hungry and I want chips. I have never been a big chip eater but I am a salt lover and I gave up putting salt on my food. The plus side is my blood pressure has been running 119/77 It has been as high as 252/154!!!! Praise God I now have that under control! And my blood sugars are normal again so I don't have to take meds for it!!!! Sorry to be so long winded I am just praising God for all he has done!!!

Blessing to all and have an OP day!
Sami
(ps. there are a couple new post on 144)
Old 04-29-2002, 09:06 AM   #3  
Growing in Christ

Sami - glad to hear you're moving in the right direction!!!

I apologize for not being very "active" on this thread lately, we've been very very busy w/this church drama/musical. We have now done 4 of the 8 shows, and it's been pretty good! I think, from the 4 shows, about 50 people have indicated that they've accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior! I would appreciate your prayers that all the folks involved can stay healthy through this week, and that the shows next weekend would go well too!

I also would appreciate your prayers for some of my family. I'll try to keep this brief...but here's the situation. My Uncle Donnie committed suicide Friday night. He was probably my mom's favorite brother, and my mom is having a very difficult time w/this. Another factor, is that Donnie's youngest son did the same thing only a year and a half ago. There is another son, also named Donnie, that we're really concerned about now. He's been in counseling ever since his brother killed himself The mom isn't in the picture. I'd also appreciate prayers for my Uncle Danny. He was the one that found my Uncle Donnie Saturday morning. He had used a shotgun under his chin, so I can't imagine how my Uncle Dan will ever get that image he found out of his mind. These people do not know the Lord. My Grandma, however, does, and although she just got home from the hospital Friday night herself due to a near heart-attack.... I suspect she will be the strength they need. I also have an Uncle Sean, that I know to be a believer, and I hope he too can provide them w/strength, and maybe they'll find hope in the Lord when they see it in the lives of their brother and mother. My mom was one of 14 kids, 12 still alive now.... and many are w/in a few hours of each other, so they should all be making their way to my Grandma's house.

Okay... not too good at keeping that brief!

Oh, almost forgot... it's been pretty hard to eat really well during this play... but I've somehow managed to do okay. I lost about 1/3 of a lb last week... but considering I half-expected to see a gain, I won't complain a bit!!

Thanks again for your prayers!

Ginny, I didn't read the other thread yet.... did you post your drivers' test results?????? beep beep beep

Patricia
173/152.75/138/105ish
Old 04-29-2002, 11:29 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Patricia: You are in my prayers. What a tragedy to have to live with. Big hugs to you!!

Sami: I'm so glad your blood pressure is down. You're doing something right.

I've been doing my weights for a week now and hope to start seeing results soon. I did lose 1 lb. last week so maybe I'm finally headed in the right direction. I ate too much this weekend. the wedding was beautiful and I was able to connect with friends from high school. I was really glad I went.

DS started work today. I'm interested in how he's doing there. I'm so thankful he has something to do.

Well, I better move on. I just put bread in pans and I should get doing some laundry and cleaning. Usual stuff right?

Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:48 PM   #5  

Patricia-My heart is breaking from your post. My brother killed himself in the same manner. He had a friend who killed himself a few months before he did. I went to survivors of suicide group after my brother died and the one thing I learned is the person who does this is in deep pain and really feels the world is better off without them. Also they usually know someone who recently commited suicide it is like in thier mind that person has gave them the answer to thier pain. The hardest part is the ones left behind my other brother has carried such deep guilt because he felt he should have known and stopped him and it has ruined his life. He has been drinking away his pain and in one way killing himself. I will keep your family in prayer and I will pray that the ones left will turn to God to find peace.

Wilma-Praying that your DS has a great first day.

Blessing
Sami
Old 04-30-2002, 10:02 PM   #6  

Patricia,
I am going to pray for you and your family as soon as I get off the computer.

God bless you,De
Old 05-01-2002, 01:17 AM   #7  

Where is everyone? I miss you come back!!!!!!

Sami
Old 05-01-2002, 07:39 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning,
Well, Patricia's post from the other day brings me much sadness for her and her family. How especially difficult for the whole family- and having to explain this to her children, some of whom are possibly old enough to sense the extra stress of this situation. My heartfelt prayers to you, and your family on this, Patricia. It is good for you that the family has the church musical at this time. Although it adds just one more thing for you to do, it also keeps the focus on our Lord- which is I know you know where it should be.

Wilma- how did Ds's first day go? And how are you doing at staying OP? Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Sami-great news about your BP and blood sugar! Between your weight loss challenge with your boss and the upcoming wedding you have two great incentives to lose. Sounds like you are off to a good start too!

As for me, we are so busy, yet busy with for the most part good things or just the business of life. I am getting my walks in, but having a difficult time with self control. Lord willing, today will be a good day and I will be so busy that I can't get to the junk food.
Gotta go, Dd just woke up.
Ginny
Old 05-01-2002, 08:17 AM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Y'all ~ I'm trying to get myself ready for vacation Saturday and there is SO much to do. I think I have everything under control. I have a few more errands to run and then I'll be okay. Let's see.....cat liter, dry cleaners, new sandles.....ok, that should be it. Ha!

Patricia ~ I don't really know what to say or know the words to express my sympathy and prayers for your family at this time. I cannot say I know what you're going through because I don't but I CAN say that you, more than anyone knows that you just need to look up and all your answers will be there. Your grandma too....(is your mom a Christian??) Anyway, my friend, all my prayers for you, your mom, grandma and everyone.

I have lost another few pounds. I haven't been really watching and counting the way I should be but over the last 2 1/2 weeks or so, I lost 8 pounds so I'm on my way. Talk to y'all later or tomorrow.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 05-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's been cloudy and dreary here the past few days and it affects my mood. It's hard to get motivated to do anything. I am still faithfully doing my morning exercises. It does loosen me up for the day. Now I have to get back to walking on a regular basis and not just when I feel like it. My WOE has been good. Taking salads to work has really made a difference. Now, hopefully my pants will be fitting better soon!!

DS is loving his job. He mows, rakes and digs. Stuff he would have complained about at home. The bonus is that he gets a free membership and looking forward to getting more golf in.

Zoe: Have a wonderful vacation. You deserve a rest!!

Ginny: I hear you about self control. I found something that I think is working for me. I allow myself one small treat a day. The problem with that is stopping before I eat too much. I also don't keep junk food in the house. If I buy it, it disappears anyway. I have 3 men in the house that act like vultures when there's chips or pop in the house!!

Sami: How are you doing? I am so thankful that your blood pressure is down. Keep up the good work.

Patricia: You are in my prayers! Please know that we love you and care about the pain you're suffering right now.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:23 PM   #11  

Unhappy new to this thread

I've been away from 3FC for quite a while, and only now found this thread.

I know I cannot diet alone, that I need to turn my weight problem over to God. Only with His help can I truly succeed in ANYthing, including weight loss! So, needless to say, I am excited to have found all of you!

I don't have much time today to introduce myself, but hopefully tomorrow I will find more time. You can read my profile until then, if you're so moved.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you!

-- FluffyEwe
Old 05-01-2002, 10:03 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hey there you good looking LOOOOOSERS!!!
Sorry I have not posted alot this week-- work is beating me up!!
SAMI--CONGRATS on the BP, also glad the scrapbook is keeping you busy I am sure it will be awesome--my wife does CREATIVE MEMORIES, are you familiar with that program? She has done some incredible books with the kids sport and high school pictures. PATRICIA-- I am so sorry for your family-I lost a brother at the age of 40 to a bad heart due to drugs a year ago, I lost my dad when he was 54 mostly due to alcohol--Pancreas cancer--he also had tried suicide(although he tried it more than once I am niot sure if it was serious or just threats)I am praying along with all the rest of your 3FC friends for your family.
WILMA- how is that boy doin', if he isn't tired he isn't working hard enough--HA! glad you had a great time at the wedding-- aren't the old high school friends fun to catch up with? Why do they look so old and we don't!!! Must be those salads!
GINNY keep up those walks--I walked over 500 miles training for the marathon I was in last year--gained 10 pounds--go figure-- I ate like horse cause I was so hungry from the exercise--don't be like me. ZOE-- have a great time.FLUFFYEWE WELCOME!! Well I have to take care of dinner for tonight --my turn--IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 05-01-2002, 10:48 PM   #13  

Default Hi there!!

I been working alot this week to, I did two doubles back to back, so no free time. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I have read the posts, your all in my thoughts and prayers. Hi fluffy, your on the other thread with me, glad you joined in, God Bless everyone. I heard a neat acronym today God's Grace.

G-gifts
R-recieved
A-at
C-Christ's
E-expense

I thought that was so true, He gave all! Take care!
Old 05-01-2002, 11:37 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
I got a few minutes to check in at the end of today- glad to see so many posts.
Welcome Fluffy!!!! So right you are, we cannot do this alone. This is a spiritual battle as well as a physical one. I am glad that you have joined us.
Gary- I do hope that work does not beat you up too much longer.
How sweet of you to take turns making dinner!
Doitforme- love that acronym! Sorry to hear that you too are working so much- I hope that you get some time out for yourself.
Wilma-great news that Ds likes his job so much! (kids sure are funny, eh?). Sounds like you are really mentally "locked in" to being OP. And with some spring weather the walking will come easier.
Zoe- hope that vacation is great!
My eating fell apart at the end of the day- but it was not that bad (been much worse before!). I only got a 20 minute walk in- but I will have the time for much longer tomorrow.
Gotta get some sleep! Have a good nite.
Ginny
Old 05-02-2002, 08:59 AM   #15  

Blessing to all!
I have been doing very well OP. But yesterday when I went to try on clothes and I am standing in front of that BIG mirror lets just stay I will be staying OP!!!! I was feeling all happy because in the last 4 weeks I have lost 14 lbs and I am starting to feel it in my clothes but I want to LOOK like I have lost 14 lbs! I am going to go and try on bathing suit everyweek that will keep me OP!!LOL

ginny-don't beat yourself up over your bad day. Just start again the next meal!

doingitforme-I love that acronym!

Ezmoney-I have used some of the creative momories products. I am lucky (my husband thinks not) that I have 5 scrapbook stores close to me and one of them has a ton of stuff! Plus we have three craft stores close it gets me in a lot of trouble!!!

Zoe-enjoy your vacation!!

Wilma-I am glad your son is enjoying his job. I wish mine would find one.

Fluffy Eve-Looking forward to getting to know you! (I do remember you posting before somewhere)

I have some prayer requests My F-I-L is now refusing to take his meds because they make him sick. I really don't know what has kept him going he is down under 100 lbs now! Just keep him in your prayers he is a christian. Also please pray for me I am doing a diffrent Job same company. I really hate what I am doing now and I think it will be a good change. The only thing is my new boss is one of those people who would tell you to do something and if it turns out wrong he would act like he had no part of it. I guess you would say he would stab you in the back.

My prayers are with you all!
Sami
Closed Thread