Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Default Help.

I'm breastfeeding and since my COD closed i have no way of finding out if i'm following the right plan. I'm currently following purple but i'm not 100% sure that its the right plan for me. An old LAWL file i have says that breastfeeding moms need to follow the red plan with 2.5P, 4V, 3S, 3F, 2D, 1F & 2 Lites. I'm not even doing the lites so i dont know if this would affect the plan i should be on. Purple is only .5P & 1S less than red so switching to that wont be a big deal but i also heard that if you dont do lites that you should be on purple. I'm so confused, i just dont want to be on the wrong plan.

I know i only started 2 days ago but i thought i'd see atleast 1lb weight loss by now and nothing. I'm still the same which makes me think that i'm on the wrong plan.

I'm going to try to call a COD that did not close and see if they would be willing to help me, doubt it but its worth a tryy.

thanks
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Don't hesitate to call a center that didn't close.. I'm sure they will be sympathetic... Plus, it will give the rest of us a good idea as to whether or not the other CODs will help out.

Last year I went to Denver and used a COD in Colorado Springs on my way up and then back down to do my WIs.. They were extremely helpful and friendly.. It was nice to get an "outside" opinion on how I was progressing.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #3  

Dan thank you so much with the reply.

Ok so i called a center, geez i dont even remember which state it was in but the manager was so nice. She looked up the plan for me and told me which plan both DH and I need to be on.

So for those wondering

I'm breastfeeding and she said Red1/no lites

2.5P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D, 1Fat

DH/no lites = Red

2.5P, 4V, 3F, 3S, 1D, 1F

Seems like alot of food but i think my body has been stuggling with so little calories so i'm hoping Red1 will work.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Great Debbie! That's awesome..

I know Chrissy was looking for information about what plan to be on while breastfeeding, so perhaps you could pass this along to her, just in case she doesn't read this thread..

Red does pack in a LOT of food.. It was amazing how much food I was eating, yet still losing weight.. It's very easy to start skimping on your portions here and there, thinking that you're doing the right thing, but DON'T...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  

I'll reply to Chrissy's post with the info.

I remember when i was on Gold, i thought that was alot of food and seeing the red plan, whew. I'm definitely going to try hard to get everything in. The past 2 days i've been missing a veggie or dairy here and there but thats because i get so busy sometimes i dont have the time to eat and i know its not good to try to make up for all you've missed at the end of the day so i just let it go. Thanks for the tip, I'm sure DH is going to be happy with the plan change also because i think he was starving a bit on purple.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #6  

Dan
Thanks for the tips on not skipping food. It is hard to fit it all in!
Congrats on your weight loss!
nicmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

Hey everybody,
I like to say that these are "Eat More" plans. We eat more of the foods that we should be eating which is a lot different than we did before, but we lose. This is one of the most important lessons to be learned. Many of us were eating the wrong foods and then starving ourselves to get thin and it does did not work.

Example - I started on red with lites because of a medical condition. I learned
much later that I should have started on purple. Guess what? I still lost on red with lites - almost 20 lbs - and then I got the restriction lifted and I moved to gold.

Take care everyone.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote