South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Happy New Year!!!

Since it is now officially after midnight and I'm on this site, I guess we can all assume that WEIGHT LOSS is high on my priority list of resolutions for 2008. I just barely got used to writing 2007.

High hopes for this year and I know it is going to be hard work. You don't learn anything on the easy days. HUGS and best hopes for all of you in your journey to a healthier year!!

(in the morning I plan on changing my lying ticker)
Old 01-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy happy 2008!

Relatively uneventful day here - Tom's still sick, Avery is over being sick, and Kadyn threw up. Connor and I have avoided it somehow, and hopefully we stay in the healthy realm.

I'm going to try to catch a 6:30 am yoga class tomorrow morning as Tom's working this weekend so I'll miss my Saturday class. It's an early night for me!

Kara
Old 01-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy New Year everyone!
I made it till 10:00 last night and couldn't keep my eyes open any more. I kind of remember my husband coming in to give me a kiss. He was watching football all night long, so my Mother and I watched "Sweet Land" on in demand...is that just an exiting New Year's eve or what???

A couple of clients seem to have forgotten that today is a holiday, so, I've been up since 3 getting work out the way so I can start on today's "feast".

Hope everyone has a wonderful and successful 2008!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and pass me some more coffee. I didn't get to bed until after one last night but woke at six anyhow. I must learn to sleep-in one of these days.

My dinner was excellent last night - if I do say so myself. The guys really helped with the serving and the cleaning up. Hershey helped too - by eating six crusty rolls that somehow managed to get from the basket at the edge of the counter onto the floor!

Mel is still asleep but I am going to finish up a few kitchen things and sneak in a healthy breakfast for myself. I think he'll definitely want bacon, eggs and home fries as he has a hearty appetite! He's 6'5" and must weigh close to 300 - a giant.

I've no idea what's on the agenda today aside from giving Mel some cooking lessons. He wants to learn cream of broccoli soup and how to make a coconut cream pie. His mother is my age and is also named Ruth but wasn't much of a cook.

It'll be a strange but amusing day. I hope yours is fun too.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Cat, I laughed yesterday when I read your post about asking about the future from the past! We are constantly sending photos to our family back home with captions like, "I'm sending you this picture before it was even taken!" and such. The first time Tom was here in Korea (1996), he arrived back in the States before he had left Korea! That's our favorite time difference story.

Ruth, hope your cooking lessons are fun! Are you named after someone special? Melvin is a big name on my dad's side. Luckily () his older brother got it (Melvin Howard ) so none in our immediate family felt obligated to use the name.

I'm off to bed so I can get my beauty sleep before "O-dark-thirty" yoga class tomorrow. 'Night, 'night!

Kara
Old 01-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I managed to stay up until midnight, but just barely! The kids went home at 8, and Jake promptly fell asleep on the couch. I read and dozed and roused myself in time to watch the ball drop, then woke up Jake to wish him a happy new year and we went to bed.
I have a very lazy day planned for today. We're having our lucky New Year's dinner of pork & saurkraut, and I should go visit my Mom & Dad for a bit, but nothing else is on the agenda. Do any of you have a special New Year's dinner that you have every year? Most folks around here have pork & saurkraut, it's supposed to bring good luck for the new year. I'm not too crazy about it, but I know the one year we didn't have it, we had the worst luck ever, so we'll never do that again!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning and Happy new year

As expected we crashed around 10:30 after a sumptuous but relatively healthy feast. I suddenly decided I needed some version of hot spinach artichoke dip. After digging around I found a bunch of chard; chopped it very fine and sauteed it with lots of garlic; added artichoke hearts and Laughing Cow wedges and heated through. It was wonderful! I made chips from low carb whole grain tortillas to go with it and felt really decadent It was fun coming up with healthy but decadent food last night.

We are counting down to another storm here. Going to get out and snow shoe a bit before it hits.

Kara- hope you continue avoiding the germs!

Ruth- The inability to sleep in keeps me from staying up late most nights. My body just doesn't do flexible schedules the way it used to! Tried to explain that to my daughter when we were on vacation but she just laughed

RNMom - The great thing about a new year is it really is a fresh new start You've come a long way already so you know you can do it!

Cat - Up at 3 in the morning to work, no wonder you fell asleep early!

Cottage - My family has so many food traditions but seem to have missed New Year's. I'm sure if we had one it would be fattening!

That's it for now. Off to get some air before the storm!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Morning chicks.... I have a fat head this morning.... but did have lots of fun last night with our friends... ate too many chips and drank too many pina colodas.... detox is going to be horrible..
I can't believe that my baby is 17 today. Makes me a little sad.
Well Chicks Have a wonderful day. May your new year be filled with health and well being.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #9  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Do any of you have a special New Year's dinner that you have every year? Most folks around here have pork & saurkraut, it's supposed to bring good luck for the new year. I'm not too crazy about it, but I know the one year we didn't have it, we had the worst luck ever, so we'll never do that again!
Same here. Traditionally we have a ham, black-eyed peas (for good luck) and a cabbage dish (for money) and cornbread along with other side dishes. I usually fix "cabbage gloriouso" which is made with garlic cheese and is really yummy. But this year the cabbage is getting replaced with brussel sprouts because only 3 of us will be eating it. (My youngest would eat dirt before he touched anything in the cabbage family)
I'm getting ready to go put the black-eyed peas on (seasoned with turkey tasso) so they can be ready by one. I'm also going to make an apple tatin and will follow the 3 bite rule if I can resist.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Funny - I'm neither Portuguese or German but we sometimes had Caldo Verde - a Portuguese kale and potato soup. I'd go out, rummage through the snow and pick the kale. Other times it'd be knackwurst and sauerkraut.

Today I may do a pork roast in the crockpot - sort of pulled pork - and serve it with sauerkraut and some beans. I guess black-eyed peas would be appropriate for my mish-mash of cultures!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #11  
-

Ruth, speaking of crockpots, I ordered a new cookbook this morning. The guy who wrote it also wrote a Creole slow cooker book, but his new one is "healthy cooking" crockpot recipes. He has a few recipes online that look great and are SB compliant. The eggplant looks fantastic.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #12  

Happeee New Year Chicklets! Back from NJ but was sick with the flu or whatever the whole time.. No special meal plan but I think Porkchops sounds yummalish!
Here's to us all LOOOOSIN WEIGHT IN 2008!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy New Year!!!! I am at work today my holiday to pull for the year. But I packed all my healthy phase I food and brought to work, I mentally prepared to finish losing the rest of my weight this year, so glad to have all of you for support and encouragement, makes all the difference.

Have a great day! My oldest baby turns 16 tomorrow, we are going to get his DL...making me feel old atleast the 4 year old is keeping me young...lol

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-01-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks. I did sleep in, although crazy MIL called at 7:30 AM to wish us happy new year. But I was able to go back to sleep for a while. We had fun last night, ate, drank, played pool, watched fireworks. The kids all made it to midnight and we watched poor old Dick Clark. Got home and to bed around 1:30. Since I turned down our two invitations for today, I've got to figure out what to cook for dinner. Traditionally, we're a pork and sauerkraut family, with black eyed peas for money. I know I don't have any pork though, and hopefully I've got some black eyed peas around. I'm broke enough already, after Christmas.
I plan to cook up a storm today to stock up the fridge for the rest of the week. Deviled eggs, roasted veggies, 3 bean salad, a package of turkey bacon, and I just may try that eggplant dish Cat, as I have everything on hand to make it. I'm so happy the holidays are over and I'm back in SB land. I think everything bad is out of my kitchen, but anything that crosses my path today will go in the trash.
I'm sure I put some weight back on over the last week, but I don't plan to weigh again until after 2 weeks of Ph2. I just don't wanna face it. I'll get a walk in today to start off my New Year's resolutions also. Well, I'm off to make a big veggie omelet.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year ladies!!
Have to say bless Hershey for helping clean up dinner. My motivator helped with cheese dip and corn chips! I had my omelet this morning and the veges are cut in the fridge. I keep telling myself it is only 14 days it just seem to be so long this time around. Maybe after afew days it won't seem so bad. My DD at the tender age of nine is having a meltdown. She is upset because her sister took her seat in front of the t.v. so she has been bringing her Christmas gifts to me all moppy saying she doesn't want them and to get rid of them.. Could it be hormones?? Hoping it is just not enough sleep. I don't think I want to start the new year with two females with raging hormones!!!!
Well my life for 2008 is started and I will make it through........ Have a great day and a safe one.
Closed Thread