Old 12-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability / Menus / Planning 12/31-1/6

Are you looking for some accountability? This is a great place to get it and support too!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning! I just finished doing a 3 mile Leslie Sansone "Walk Away Your Waistline" dvd. Oh, my! I was sweating and I can SO feel it in my legs! It is a great dvd for some aerobic activity and really easy to follow! I am really happy to have my exercise out of the way for the day. I may do some yoga later if I have time, though.

purplefirefly--Good for you!!! Having a plan is half the battle sometimes! I know you can do this too!!!

rhonda--How are you doing today?

nicole--How are you?

sara--Hope you are getting some sleep finally!

Hi to everyone else!

Today is weigh in day, but TOM is on it's way, and I am so bloated and feel icky. I did step on the scale, but am not counting the weight for today--I am sure it is water retention.

I am just hanging out at home today. Later we are going to some friends for dinner--we are taking the food--they always cook for us, so I thought it would be a nice treat if we cooked for them! Plus, they cook SO unhealthy that this gives me an opportunity to have control over what we eat!

I am about to go snuggle up with the dogs, but I wanted to pop in here and wish everyone a very happy new year. I am so very thankful for finding this site and this group in particular. I know I can do it this time! It just feels different!

Last edited by mj5; 12-31-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy 2008! Tonight we are going to dinner with my mom, aunt and cousin & wife. Chinese is our tradition for New Year's eve.

I made it through a fourth day of sane eating. I weighed myself to day - it's been a couple of weeks. Somehow those 1000 cookies I ate around Christmas didn't stick...I lost 2 pounds in the past two weeks.

My plans for today:
meditation
ice and heat on my pieces and parts
journal and plan food
stretches

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - clemintine, turkey
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese on whole wheat, mashed turnips and carrots
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - won ton soup & steamed veggie dumplings
snack - cinn. toast and lite cocoa

Mj5 - good job on the the workout!!!!

Have a great day folks.

Beverly

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-31-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  
mj5

Good Morning!

beverlyjoy--CONGRATS on 2lbs!!! That is awesome! Hope you had fun last night! The workout was awesome! I can totally feel it in my legs today!

Today is a 'pajama day' at our house! Can't wait to just have a day to relax w/ hubby! That doesn't happen too often!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #5  

Hi folks - had a good evening last night. Hope you did too. Today we have friends coming over to watch the Rose Bowl. My DH is a USC fan. I've worked it out to have things that are healthy for me to eat. Along with the regular munchies and treat folks will bring - I'll put out a bowls of strawberries and pretzels, too.

My plans:

Meditate
Jouranl food
water, water, water
walk up and own the stairs a few extra times

Food -

breakfast - yogurt with flax, pnb toast
snack - 1/2 banana
lunch - saurkraut & pork on some baked potato
snack - strawberries and pretzels
dinner - chilli with some crackers
snack - bite of pie, bite of brownie

Have a GREAT day.

Mj5 - Do you like yoga alot. I know folks that do it usually love it. I meditate every day. I think it gets me through the day better - maybe yoga next.

Beverly
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #6  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--I LOVE yoga! I love that it's not getting the moves perfect, but trying that counts. I bought a dvd recently and it is great! It even has a cd that you do right in bed before you get up--some breathing and gentle stretching and ends with positive affirmations. I start most mornings with this cd and notice a HUGE difference when I don't. I have also noticed different muscle development--even though I lift weights, doing yoga is helping develop some other muscles. I say give it a try as long as you make modifications for your back, etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Happy New Year!

Its a little quiet around here, huh? Everyone feeling okay after their New Year's celebrations? I had a big total of two drinks last night, so I'm feeling okay. A little headachey from my sinuses and my back is sore....no idea why....but, otherwise I'm feeling okay.(Boy, am I getting old?) This was our first New Year's since we moved from Florida and we quite enjoyed the evening. Usually, Hubby and I just hang out around the house where its safe. Last night, there were two parties in our neighborhood that we were invited to. One was a big block party with bonfires and a live band. That was a lot of fun, even though it was bit chilly outside. The other party was indoors at a lovely couples house with some of our favorite neighbors. I have to say that last night was one of the best New Year's Eve I've ever had....and I didn't overindulge on the alcohol! Of course, I can't say the same about the food. Beef brisket, roasted pork, homemade tamales, tons of sweets...Yikes! It was definitely a dieters worst nightmare!

Beverly - Congratulations on the 2 pound loss!
MJ - Enjoy your relaxing pajama day.

Today, I finally braved the scales and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I thought I had probably gained about 10 pounds since my last weigh-in on Dec 17th. But, the scales show that I've only gained 2.4 pounds. Whew! What a relief. My plan was to start phase 1 of Southbeach again today, but I forgot to pick up a couple of things. Plus, my family is coming back to my house today and will be here through Friday. Its tough to do Phase 1 with family here as the food is quite restrictive. So, I plan on doing a modifiied plan.....no sugar, no breads, no potatoes...and we'll see what happens. I've been bingeing on sugar so much lately that I'm sure these small changes will bring some small changes on the scales.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day! I'll be back tomorrow...no more hiding!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-01-2008 at 12:07 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Yes Seba...no more hiding! I am glad you enjoyed your night, the parties sound really fun. And I do agaree, SB phase 1 is really restrictive, it is hard to do unless you have normal day to day living going on.

I did as usual last night--stayed in with hubby and kids. I try to get them asleep before the new years shooters start because it keeps them up, and I have to bring all 3 dogs inside because it scares them to absolute death, so I stayed busy. Then kids collided in the hallway and knocked my daughter's front top teeth out! Completely out, it was just horrible, but they were baby teeth and she'll be okay. She goes to the dentist later this week, so good timing at least. I did get to smooch hubby at midnight, then we went to sleep guess we are getting old!

Today I have done a lot of cleaning, a little laundry, got the kids all ready to return to school tomorrow, and tomorrow it's back to 6AM wake up calls I am not a morning person, so not looking forward to that.

I have done an hour of cardio and a short 8 min. leg workout though, so exercise is right on target. I'll be back to my JM workouts...doing that during biggest loser later on! I will be tired tomorrow, but should check in at some point.

Oh, and check out my new "binge free days" count in my siggy...my big goal this year is to whoop the binge/emotional eating habit. I have a list of things I'll do instead of eat and by the end of the year I hope it will no longer be an issue. Today was day one of binge free living.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-01-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #9  

Hi folks - I am so, so glad the holiday season is over. Hubby's team won yesterday - yay USC. I made it through the six weeks of the holiday season losing weight for the first time in my life. (lost ten pounds in those six weeks) I want to thank you all for your support. You folks rock.

My plans for today:

-stretching
-meditate
-office work
-journal food and values
-walk up and down the stairs before each meal - we live in a ranch style home - so I don't do stairs always every day. - But today I will - unless it bothers my knees.
-warm water pool - walking & the jets on my back

food-

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - mashed carrots and turnips
lunch - Healthy Choice Pea & ham soup, veggies and lite dip
snack - yogurt with flax
dinner - turkey polish sausage, brown rice, green bean salad
snack - cherrios, milk, strawberries

Purple -Oh goodness! Your daughter getting her teeth knocked out! Glad they aren't the permanent ones. Good job on the cardio!

Rhonda - 2.4 pounds is not bad for the holiday season to gain. That's what "normal eaters" probably do. Your plan sounds good.

Mj5 - they have water yoga at the health center where I go. I've been thinking about it.

Everyone...have a GREAT day.

Beverly
Old 01-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Ahhhhh, the wonderful joy of a quiet house The kids are off to school and I felt bad they had to go because I loved them being home...but soon as they were both out of the van and the quiet set in I realized I didn't feel bad at all they were SO ready to get away from me and back to their friends and I can actually get some cleaning done this morning.

I had a little binge last night...not a good way to start out the new year! BUT, I know why and this is my big goal this year, to control this, so I started a little binge journal. It's a small little notebook and I just put week one, and then binge #1 and put what I ate, calorie count, and then how I was feeling. today I will journal in there about why I feel it happened. This helped a lot because I had to think about the calories i had taken in, WAY more than I thought when i ate it, and then just thinking through the cause helped. I feel I can control better next time. Mainly I am looking for patterns of what causes it, last night I was very tired and just anxious about the new year, my goals, afraid I will not succeed...so I will be listing those things and looking for patterns, then coming up with specific plans of attack for the future.

Still not a great start to that goal.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

sorry I've been so scarce the last week or so. I had my first completely on-plan day yesterday in the last 10 days. Feels great, and I hope to add another today. At least all the temptations are gone, and I'm stocked up with healthy food. I am redoing Ph1 of SBD for the next two weeks to "detox" from the sugar and get rid of any cravings. So here's today:

B - cheese omelet with veggies, V8, coffee
S - string cheese
L - turkey and cheese salad, 3 bean salad
S - sugar free gingerbread latte, celery and peanut butter
D - Mediterranean chicken and eggplant Bolognese
S - fudgesicle

The kids are out of the house (except for oldest DD - home from college for 2 more wks). They were not happy to go, it took both me and DH shoving them out the door to get them there. I'm anxious to get settled back into "normal", or what passes for it around here. Have a great day chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Well, I'm back to work today, but things still aren't "normal" around here yet. The girls don't go back to school until Monday and we still have company. I sure do wish I didnt have to work. Hubby and I both work from home and the temptation to "play" instead of work is not so fun. And, I didn't do well with staying on-plan yesterday. My house is definitely not my safe zone right now. There are so many sugary snacks around here that I feel like I'm walking through a mine-field! And, my self control is almost non-existent. But, I'll continue trying. This weekend, my plan is to purge the house of all the unnecessary junk. None of my family really needs this stuff and it will help Hubby and I to get back 100% on-plan.

Beverly - Congratulations on losing 10 pounds during the holidays!
Purple - keeping a journal sounds like a great idea. Many of our successful 3FC weightloss heroes kept journals. I've decided to start blogging again each day as a way to track what I'm thinking and feeling.
Schmoodle - How are you doing with Phase 1? I really think I need to repeat that phase too. I'm thinking that Monday would be a great day to do so.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

So far, so good Rhonda, but I am only on day 2 of Ph1. No headaches or anything like that yet, but I'm a little anxious because I've heard Ph1 is harder the second time around. We'll see. I'm expecting some kind of withdrawals because I have eaten so much sugar and white flour over the last 2 weeks. At least I've got lots of company because a lot of chicks in the SB forum are starting out the new year with a Ph1 re-do. I hear you about the safe zone because my house has been sugar **** lately. I got the kitchen all cleaned out over the weekend, then we had a second Christmas dinner on Sunday with some family we missed the first time around, and I came home with gifts of a pumpkin log, homemade shortbread, white chocolate peppermint bark, and dark chocolate almonds. I took it all to my friend's house for New Year's Eve with the remaining cookies and fudge and conveniently "forgot" to bring it home after. So I am pretty safe now, with the exception of some candy the kids have from their stockings. I know you'll be glad to get your house cleaned out over the weekend. It's such a relief! Maybe I'll see you on Ph1 on Monday. There's a Ph1 thread going on the SB forum, if you want to pop in and say "hi".
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning! Last night I gave in to TOM cravings and went for the bag of dark M&M's...I ate a handful before I realized they tasted pretty bad--kind of waxy. I set them aside and didn't want any more.

This morning I did 15 mins of yoga and one mile of my WATP dvd. I am planning on going to the gym, if the weather clears up--othewise it's home and I'll do more of the WATP dvd. Drinking LOTS of water today too.

Rhonda--Your NYE sounds like fun! Glad the scale wasn't as bad as you thought! You can do it!!!

Purplefirefly--Oh no, I hope your daughter is ok! Great job on the exercise!

Beverlyjoy--Great job losing through the holidays!!! Water yoga sounds great! I say go for it!

Schmoodle--Welcome back! You can do it!!

Nicole--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else! I am trying to get back into 'work mode', not easy!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #15  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Gah!

I'm trying to be around guys - my ISP is having connectivity issues at the moment and this is the first time I've got online since Sunday. Naturally this happens when all the technical bods are on holiday.

It's been very frustrating - I never realised how much I needed my online fix until now! I think I might need a 12 step programme.

Anyway, posting really quickly just in case things go down again - will try and catch up and post properly tonight. Hope the new year has started well for everyone - so far so good for me.

Take care
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote